Swastika Bungalows

Jl. Danau Tamblingan 128, Sanur, Denpasar 80228 Indonesia

Well below expectation...

"I stayed here as part of a Gap Adventures tour, and while most of my travel mates found the hotel to be average or standard, I found the hotel to be below expectations. While the rooms are very cheap and great for budget travelers, I found the lack of cleanliness to be rather unacceptable. For example, the pillow cases had not been washed (or changed) and there were stains on/in the toilet. I would skip the free breakfast and venture down/up the street for good food. The only plus is the location - close to the beach and main areas of Sanur. The pool area is OK, as well."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of May 2009

Very good service

"We stayed at the Swastika Bungalows for 4 nights in May 2009. The rates were very affordable and the service was excellent. The rooms, though not very luxorious, were very comfortable. The breakfast was good. Pool, Spa faciltiies were good. The staff were very helpfull and were there always with a smile and accomodating all your needs, answering queries and guiding."

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of May 2009

Far better value, service & updated well managed places than here

"This establishment is VERY tired looking. The rooms are basic & for US33 I did not get what I paid for. There are far nicer places like Flashbacks, cheaper & better maintained. The male staff member I enquired with as to if a TV was available was very rude and even though the ladies at reception were pleasant this place does not reflect Balinese hospitality."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of May 2009

Nice, welcomming and not expensive

"Stayed here first time in the Christmas of 1992 and came back for 5 nights now in april 2009, and not much have changed. Still have the same laid back Bali atmosphere, nice rooms, the bed and bathroom standard could be better and they should have international tv channels but other than that a great hotel with friendly staff, nice swimmingpools. Free wi-fi internet."

• Travel date: Wed 29th of April 2009

The loveliest hotel staff in the world !

"Swastika Bungalows was recommended to us by a local guide, and we lucked out by taking his advice. Swastika is, simply, the friendliest place that I've stayed in Bali. The staff are wonderfully friendly, caring and attentive. Room cleaning & laundry services are v.fast, efficient and unobtrusive. The rooms are very large, clean, good aircon, fridge, lots of hot water etc. There are 3 great pools. The location is excellent, in the centre of Sanur, surrounded by restaurants, bars & shops, yet the Bungalows are wonderfully quiet. I was very impressed by the whole set up, and at $30/night it is exceptional value. Loved the Swastika Bungalows, frankly I can't wait to go back !"

• Travel date: Thu 16th of April 2009

Not quite as good as the other reviews suggest

"We stayed here overnight after booking on the internet based on these reviews and have to say that we were a little dissapointed. The hotel is reasonable value for money, we paid AU$50 per night. The room was very large and the bed was comfortable, but the bathroom and sheets were a bit dirty. The fridge and TV didn't work when we arrived, so I tried to call reception, and the phone didn't work either. After visiting reception, a man came and had the tv and fridge working within half an hour.
Staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is quite old, and maintenance on it has been average at best.
The worst part of the stay was breakfast. I'm not a fussy eater, but it was inedible. The fruit was not fresh and I had to brush the bugs off it to put it on my plate. The crossants, just weren't crossants and the juice was powered. We ended up getting a feed for 25,000Rp across the road instead.
The hotel was fine for an over night stay, but I'm sure there's much better places near by for only a little more money."

• Travel date: Sun 5th of April 2009

Eighth Stay - Must Be Good!

"First stayed here 2000 - back nearly every year since, sometimes twice. Bouquets - large, light, high-ceilinged rooms, with good A/C and ceiling fan. Fridges that really work. Plenty of hot water. Large verandah/patio outside each room. Beautifully kept gardens. Main swimming pool the most attractive I have seen for some time, and always spotlessly clean and clear. Helpful, friendly staff - a special bouqhet to Widhi (that's a lady if you are not familiar with Balinese names). Advertised as "Continental breakfast" - but two or three days a week supplied also rice or noodles with "bits and pieces" in them, and eggs cooked in front of you (fried, omelette, whatever you wish) Large supply of books left behind by other guests, in many languages. Few mosquitos. Brickbats - all very minor. Pillows very hard - bought my own ($5) from the Supermarket 200 yards away. TV only in Indonesian - but you don't go to Bali to watch TV. Have to cross a road to get to the beach - but no real problem, and the pool is so attractive you hardly need to visit the beach.
I cannot imagine staying anywhere else when in Bali. Contact them yourself and negotiate a price, don't go through an agent."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of March 2009

Great Value for Money

Good

"I stayed here with my young son for three nights recently, and was consistently impressed with this property. We negotiated directly with the hotel for $US30 per night for a room very close to the pool, with a fan, including breakfast. While the room had no TV or fridge, it was roomy, comfortable and beautifully decorated. It had an outdoor bathroom which was enchanting. The pool is quite big and clean. Everyone was very friendly and the service was prompt and personal.

Given that this is one street back from the beach and is rather more budget than those along the beachfront, it is much cheaper, but I found it to be great value for money. The inclusive breakfasts are smaller with just fruit and toast and/or pastries, but you could order two eggs and bacon for 6000 rupiah ($1NZ). The restaurant was really very reasonably priced, but I was a bit disappointed that it was not open in the evening.

Swastika is in the middle of the Sanur strip, but is still very quiet, and only about 500m walk from Hardy's supermarket."

• Travel date: Wed 24th of December 2008

The best .Budget but good.

"I have been staying at the Swastika for over twenty years, first just myself then later with my 3 children...and it has always been great,the people , the service, friendly, safe, clean, just great. The only reason i dont stay there now is because, i live in bali....But i got a house 5mins away from the swastika so i could still visit the staff for coffee and chat's.."

• Travel date: Wed 12th of November 2008

Home away from home

"This was my 2nd stay at the swastika bungalows, GREAT value for money.
The gardens are Beautiful and well maintained. Rooms are Huge, clean, and of traditional balinese style.
The staff are fantastic! friendly and will help you with Anything.
Love the pool, drinks at the bar are really cheap.
Location is great, just a short stroll to the Supermarket & Beach.
I have already booked the swastika for March 2009!
Cant wait."

• Travel date: Wed 29th of October 2008

Keep goin' back

Good

"Have stayed there twice since 2003! Really like the people, staff and the old losmen style bungalows: oh and the 2 pools.It's close to the main Jalan, cheap beer @ the bars and close to several Balinese restaurants.We'll be back again next July.
Teejay. Adelaide. Australia."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of October 2007

Great budget accomodation!

"Stayed at the Swastika for 5 nights in August, & had a really pleasant stay, for around £8 a night each, you cannot expect the earth & it met all our expecations.
Lovely staff, nice huge room with 2 double beds, good AC, hot water, front terrace, set in lovely gardens.
Don't know about the brekky - never had it! And never used the pool either.
Security seemed good - staff on duty all night long.
No safes in the room, but free deposit boxes available at reception.
Also helped me recieve an important fax from the UK during my stay!
Mozzies weren;t a problem, but as a precaution they provided an electrical mozzie killer & also sprayed the rooms each evening.
Beach is approx 5 mins walk away, shops & restaurants are all less than 2 mins away.
Would definitely recommend to the budget traveller."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of September 2007

Hotels near Swastika Bungalows

Stayed at Swastika Bungalows? Share your insight.

Swastika Bungalows is also called