Peneeda View Beach Hotel

89 Jalan Danau Tamblingan, Sanur, Denpasar 80228 Indonesia

3rd time to Peneeda

"Just an update to let you know how Peneeda was the thrid time around...
Fantastic - everything is as I remember it from my last stay 2 years ago!
This time I stayed with my partner in a Villa, located in the quiet sanctuary of the hotel grounds. Our villa was so quiet we could hear the surf breaking on the reef (about 1/2 km away) each morning. That hypnotic sound of the waves breaking would also lull you into sleep at night.

Hardy's the 3 storey supermarket is an easy walk from Paneeda to fill up your bar fridge with your chosen tidbits of beer, soft drink, chocholate, etc..

Our hotel deal did not include breakfast, which was fine with us as we would have a giant cuppacino with eggs and toast at the Star Bistro just 2 minutes walk from Peneeda on Jalan Tambligan (the main road in Sanur). The one morning we did have breakfast at Peneeda, it was very busy, we waited about an hour for our meals and it tasted rushed.

One word of warning and NOTHING TO DO WITH THE HOTEL (this scam can happen to you anywhere around southern Bali...)
Watch out for the guys who want to give you a token/sealed card outside Hardy's supermarket in Sanur.

On our first day in Sanur a friendly Balinese guy gives us a token each to open just as we are leaving Hardy's laden with bags of food. Low and behold my partner wins 2 free t-shirts and I win $500, OR a free week of accomodation in Bali, Goa or Thailand or a cam corder. All because I am a wastern staying in Bali ???? go figure.

After much fanfare about the 'big win' and how the Balinese guy will now get a $50 bonus we are wisked away to Tuban a 30 minute drive away to the headquaters where we will get our prizes. To cut a long story short and to prevent this event from ruining your holiday...do not go with these people. The prizes are a scam to get you to listen to a sales rep for 3 hours about the benefits of paying $25,000 (AUSSIE $) to become part of their 5 star hotel program !!!!

By the way, you don't get to make a choice from the 3 'prizes' you JUST get the 1 free week accomodation in one of their resort s located in either Goa, Bali or Thailand. So if you'd like a free week and and don't mind giving up 4 hours of your holiday to listen to a well oiled sales rep then go for it. Personally, it left a sour taste in my mouth and it really annoyed me.

Funnily enough 2 days later I get a phone call inviting me to attend a free lunch from another company because I am a western returning to Bali after the bombings... Makes me wonder where they got my details!!..
I politely declined the invite.

On our frequent trips back to Hardy's there they were, still handing out the winning tokens to unsuspecting tourists!"

• Travel date: Tue 21st of October 2008

Average resort rooms are a little run down..

"My bf and I stayed at Peneeda View beach hotel in October 2007 for about 4 nights. Our room upon arrival was a little run down for me (but my boyfriend who is a lot more easy going said it was fine). I found the bathroom was lacking a renovation. It was very bare and lights there was dim. It was not exactly what I expected.

However, breakfast was not buffet style there. It was more of a set menu and each day was the same, with very limited choices. But the restaurant area was great, right next to the beach and it was a great cool sea breeze. They also have a pool but it was very small. Next to the restaurant, after your meal, you can take a stroll along the long footpath.

They also have a small cafe at the entrance to the hotel. There they serve food and drinks till about 11pm I think.

Overall, if i go back to Bali, I don't think I'll stay at Peneeda again as there are a lot more hotels to choose from that are sure to meet my expectations."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of September 2008

Beautiful Hotel

"I have stayed here many times, the last being for for 1 week, my room was lovely and the air con BLISS.
The pools (3) were great and the resturant always serves delicious meals.
The hotel is situated on a nice stretch of the bay.
The staff are always extremely helpful and always smiling.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and look forward to returning again for their great hospitality.
A big thank you to staff & management for making my stay so enjoyable."

• Travel date: Fri 20th of June 2008

Good value on the beach

Good

"Just returned from a stay at the Peneeda View. The hotel is located in Sanur which is on the quiet eastern side of Bali. Sanur is not as commercialized nor anywhere near as hectic as in Kuta but it still has all that you will need. The hotel is located directly on the beach. However, it isn't located on a nice stretch of beach. The area of beach where the Peneeda view is in is very narrow and full of seaweed and dragon flies. If you want a nicer stretch of beach you'll need to head further south towards the Puri Santrian or up towards the Gazebo and Griya Santrian area. It's only about a 5-10 minute walk up or down from the hotel to get to a nicer part of the beach so it's not really a big deal. There are lots of small shops and restaurants close by to the hotel. We stayed in one of the villas which were nice and cozy with a nice balcony out front. The rooms are a good size with a safe in the room. The breakfast was nice, you had a had a choice of American or Indonesian breakfast. The restaurant is overlooking the beach and water so it's a nice and pleasant place to start off your morning. Overall, I had a nice stay at the Peneeda view. It's good value."

• Travel date: Fri 7th of March 2008

like Bali used to be 10 years ago but even nicer

Good

"Just had a week at peneeda. We had two bedrooms which were a little small and organised in such a way that made it not that easy with the kids. But there was a great big bathroom with lovely big bath. And a fridge. The little veranda area we didn’t use - it was a bit to enclosed. the breakfasts were great. And the food in general was great (room service and restaurant). We had a room right near the one of the pools so we could leave the baby to have a sleep and go swimming. The pools were great too and great to have a kids pool. Staff all lovely and helpful and room always cleaned really well. The hotel did not have much tourist info in English.

Sanur proved to be very nice. Lots of restaurants and the walkway (no cars/scooters) along the front great too. Yes at low tide the beach is not that great. But at high tide nice for a gentle paddle. It was busy but just not as busy as elsewhere in Bali. A nice mix of old and young Balinese people live and work in Sanur. The massages at beach side places and at the salons were a good price. There was a handy supermarket (hardy's) right in the middle of sanur. And washing was cheap to get done outside the hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of February 2008

Great Value

Good

"The Peneeda View has an excellent location on the beach and
close to shops and represented value for money. The facilities and restaurant were good and staff friendly and helpful. I look forward to a return visit."

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of February 2008

Paneeda View Hotel

Good

"We had a family room. 2 bedrooms - separately airconditioned. Fridge. US $90.00 for the five of us. Our youngest son (aged 12) slept on the bay window seat. Right on the Lagoon. Nice and quiet. Beautiful, quiet spot, handy to walk to shops and restaurants. Note: 'Paneeda Hotel' next door is not the same place. If you are looking for peace and quiet after the Kuta/Legian area, you won't want to leave this place. Restaurant is right on the Lagoon edge. Bikes provided for free by Hotel. Lovely bike riding around the Lagoon. Can't wait to go back. Might spend all of my next Bali holiday at this place! Lagoon clean. Our sons paddled out to the reef for a surf. Waves were small but okay. Breakfast was included. Quite adequate."

• Travel date: Thu 24th of January 2008

Little Jewel!

"My family and I stayed at the Peneeda View for three weeks in August and were very happy with the hotel, considering its low price. It's located on the beach right next to the Hyatt and the beach was just fine. Plenty of sand even at high tide. Low tide the entire beach along Sanur turns into a giant pond of sea grass, but we knew to expect that.
The rooms were nicely done in Balinese style and the big canopy bed we had was very comfy. No bathtub in our cottage (only in family suites) but the bathroom was clean, plenty of space, and lots of room for clothes and luggage in the closets. All rooms have a mini-fridge which was great for keeping our beers in, which we bought at the market down the street. The air conditioner worked VERY well! All rooms have a little patio area and ours faced the beach/pool/restaurant but was still nice and quiet.
Staff was friendly, though breakfast service a little slow during the 9 a.m. rush. However, the breakfast was excellent value, as is most of the food offered in their small "bale" style (open air) restaurant which looks out over the beach. The pools were fine and usually plenty of loungers available.
Overall, our stay was super. The property is so pretty and the staff so friendly and helpful that one couldn't even get upset about the little things that went wrong, as they always do in any hotel...
We stayed at the Hyatt during Christmas 2006 but, after staying at the Peneeda, we'd never stay anywhere else!"

• Travel date: Sat 25th of August 2007

Great value for money

Good

"Hotel Peneeda beach view is great value for money for a family holiday. We got a family room which consisted of 2 bed rooms & a large bathroom + outdoor shower area for USD 64 on the website hotels 68.com.They are local travel agents- not the most efficient & their exchange rate is not the best either. U could also contact the hotel directly & bargain for a good rate.
The hotel is located right on the Sanur beach which has calm waters- not ideal for surfing, but has a range of water sports like jet skis, wind surfing, snorkelling, about 10 mins walk along the beach.The place is ideal for a quiet family holiday, not for surfing or a rockin night life. The road along Sanur has a range of lovely restaurants, u could stroll down & choose the one having live music for the nite.
The breakfast at the hotel is adequate, tho my husband found the single sausage per person inadequate.We didn't eat any other meals there as we were out all day & dined at different places at nite, as the hotels offers no other entertainment- not even music in the lobby.
We didn't use the swimming pools( why, when u're next to the ocean!), but other guests seemed to enjoy them, even at midnite!
The rooms were done up in old wooden furniture, but lighting was dim.The abundant lizards had access to the toilet through the slatted doors, otherwise the place was well maintained & staff is polite.
There is no need to book transport to hotel in advance, as pre paid taxis are available at the airport( the rates are fixed, pls do not bargain here) While leaving Bali, u need to pay a charge of about Rp 100,000. It would be a good idea to have that much of local currency kept ready to pay.For sight seeing & a ride back to the airport, u could hire Made's taxi from Enny's shop across the road. He is a good driver.
Surfin & Shopping is good at Kuta, but the crowds, hawkers & taxi drivers can be annoying. U can get good wooden handicrafts from the many shops on the road from the volcano viewing, so save your souvenir buying for that. U can bargain for a good deal, but don't bargain too hard, these people struggle for a living."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of August 2007

What a lovely hotel!

Good

"This small, family run hotel occupies absolute beachfront on the Sanur coast of Bali. The beach is a lagoon and child friendly with the reef about 200 metres off shore.
The staff are all very friendly and polite.
There are 52 villa type rooms - we stayed in a 2 bedroom family villa - beautifull bathrooms, huge beds, refrigerator included.
The Sanur beach bike/walking path passes right in front of the hotel's bar/restaurant and runs about 2km in each direction past other hotels and shops. There is no need to ever leave this little resort and we look forward to going back as soon as possible."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of August 2006

Hotels near Peneeda View Beach Hotel

Stayed at Peneeda View Beach Hotel? Share your insight.

Peneeda View Beach Hotel is also called