Bumi Ayu Bungalows

Jalan Bumi Ayu no: 8X P.O. Box. 3511, Sanur, Denpasar 80571 Indonesia

Nice Alcove off the Beach

Good

"The Bumi Ayu Bungalows was a great place to stay. The rooms were spacious and really clean although we were surprised that it was about a 10 minute walk from the beach. Once we figured out where to go, we were able to cut through one of the hotels on the beach and rent a chair and umbrella there for the day for not too much extra Rupiah. The Bumi Ayu also provided a nice alternative to the beach with a nice pool and poolside chairs. Breakfast was great, and the staff was very helpful. They made sure everything was working in the room and were always accommodating and kind."

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of April 2008

Highly Recommended

Good

"We stayed at the Bumi Ayu for five days with our two young children. The two standard rooms overlooking the swimming pool were fairly basic, but comfortable and very clean. There was a single door between our room and the neighboring room which was not well sealed and so we would take the children to the beach at dusk the first days to ensure we did not wake the other guests and also put them to sleep before they returned from dinner. We were relieved when our neighbors told us not to worry as they enjoy getting up early to go for a walk before it gets to hot.

The beach in Sanur was disappointing because there was a lot of algae and corral on the beach which made it difficult to play and swim in the water. There was a nice path along the beach to go jogging or for an evening stroll. The children absolutely loved the swimming pool at the Bumi Ayu and we spent many hours there. It was nice meeting the other guests, many of whom had been coming to the Bumi Ayu for years. The children also enjoyed going to the Cheeky Monkey kindergarten (on main road)in the afternoons to play under the supervision of the teachers for a few hours.

We greatly enjoyed the breakfast and were surprised to find out that they did not charge extra for room service. The lunch menu was also very good and reasonable prices. We would highly recommend their burgers.

The staff at the Bumi Ayu were very kind and accommodating. All in all our stay was very pleasant and we look forward to returning to the Bumi Ayu in future."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of April 2008

Glorified caravan park!-disappointed with run down room!....

"Just returned from 3 weeks in Bali!... This was the third hotel we booked after reading the great reviews here & on the advice of our travel agent, who thought we would love it!
Although located in a dodgy back lane- we walked home late many times & found the locals to be kind & friendly!
The public areas such as the pool, reading area, front office & restaurants were fine, but our room was run down & down right decrepit! The furniture was battered, stained & broken!, the walls were full of finger marks , not to mention the huge stains on the bedspreads! The Bathroom needed to be gutted- tiles were cracked, chipped & broken, the vanity, toilet & bath were badly stained & locks on bathroom, internal sliding door, wardrobe & bathroom all had been jimmied at some time.
Walls were thin & the kids fighting in the neighbouring room made for sleepless nights..was not good!
We did notice a number of the rooms had been & were currently under going renovations- perhaps we drew the short straw!
Have had my whinge! my family is currently planning next trip to Bali & will give Bumi Ayu a well deserved miss!"

• Travel date: Sat 5th of April 2008

huge disappointment

"I am so confused as to why this place has so many good reviews! I just returned from a 2 week trip from Bali, I stayed in 5 hotels, and this was the only one I disliked! The room was just plain dingy. That's the only way I can describe it. Old shower and bathroom, stained bathroom towels, ugly bedspread, dim and darkly lit room aside from some hideous florescent lighting. I was so disappointed, everything I had read on tripadvisor said how great it was! There were also a lot of european tourists here...so the place clearly has a following...but I cannot understand why! maybe because it's cheap? I paid $40 USD for the room on asiarooms.com, but i should have paid a little more for a better place! Or maybe the deluxe rooms are much, much better, so if you do stay here, its worth it to splurge on a nicer room? The pool area and restaurant I was fine with, the staff was very nice, the breakfast was good...its just the inside of those rooms that is awlful. If you dont really care about that, I guess you are fine staying here. There seemed to be nicer places in Sanur, much closer to the beach, that I would have preferred to stay at."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of April 2008

Great Place

"After reading the reviews here, I decided to stay here, especially reading a comment by another reviewer in regards to Bumi Ayu having the best nasi goreng. The nasi goreng really is the best I've had in Bali, or anywhere for that matter. Most places have the same approach and taste, and by no means am I a nasi goreng expert, but Bumi Ayu really does have the best I have ever tasted. I've tasted many a nasi gorengs. Anyhow, it was a great choice to stay here. This was my 2nd trip to Bali, the first trip back in 2005 in Tuban and Uluwatu. I stayed here for 4 nights before I went to Santika Beach Hotel in Tuban, another great hotel. This place is hidden and tranquil. The staff is amazing, they treat you like family. The manager, Gede Wijaya, is very professional and has a genuine concern for the satisfaction of his guests. You will talk to him if you stay here, he has great suggestions for your stay in Bali for things to do around the island. I'm serious, these people treat you like family. That is somewhat common practice around Bali, but the way I felt here was so relaxing and comforting. I did not want to leave Bumi Ayu. This was my first time in Sanur, although I like the beaches on other parts of the island, Sanur has a great laid back feel to it and this hotel is the perfect place to spend a day or just a place to come and crash at night. I will definitely be spending more time here on my next trip to Bali, probably all of my time. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to relax and enjoy the beauty of Bali away from the loud tourists. It is easily accessible to the beach and shopping, right off the main road of Sanur. Maybe 15 minutes to Kuta with light traffic."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of March 2008

Room 27

Good

"Well what can you say about this lovely hidden oasis. I have had the pleasure of going to Bali for the last 12 year and have stayed at Bumi Ayu everytime. I have looked at other hotels in the area but this is just an absolute treaure to be found. I go for 3 weeks a year with my friend Jan who lives in Perth and I live in Darwin. I also have the added advantage of going back sometimes at xmas with my family. The rooms are quite large, roomy, aircond, have TV, fridge and phone. The rooms have private balconies with some looking out over lush tropical well manicured gardens, others over the pool while some look out over a beautiful fish pond. The Nasi Goreng at the restaurant is the best you will get in Sanur and believe me I have tried them all. Afternoon tea is served everyday at the poolbar and the pineapple fritters are to die for. There is a large open air gazebo with table and chairs as well as lounges to lounge on and have a read. There is a large games room above the restaurant, the only problem is it's not aircond so during the hot wet season it can get quite hot and stuffy up there. The staff what can you say about them they are just so friendly and are so happy all the time and are a joy to be around. The only thing I would like to see is ceiling fans on the balconies as it can be quite warm when there is no breeze blowing. Within a 5/10 minute walk from Bumi Ayu you will find superb restaurants as well as markets. Well enough my advice just book a ticket and go see for yourself you won't be disappointed."

• Travel date: Sat 8th of December 2007

Feel at home

"I've been staying here every year since 2004, come for 2 weeks each time and find Bumi a good value, well run accomodation for the money. Sure you can find faults but they seem to be buried by the positive aspects of the place.
Love the grounds, foliage etc and for a break away from work this place is quiet ,relaxing and secure.
The staff welcome me home each year now and they are the same faces I've seen previously.
I'll be back 2008.

Trevor James"

• Travel date: Thu 29th of November 2007

Home Sweet home

"I have been staying at Bumi Ayu for the past 11 years. My friend who lives in Darwin & I live in Perth meet there for three blissful weeks every year & really enjoy every minute of our stay.The staff cannot be faulted in anyway, some of them have been there for all the years we have been going & it is great to be met with the greeting welcome home.!!!!! That is what it feels like home away from home.
The bungalows are large, not that we spend much time in there more lounging by the pool where there are plenty of deck chairs & shade if you want it, with fresh pool towels available daily.
Complimentary afternoon tea served every day by the pool.
The rooms are serviced every day (FRESH SHEETS YUMMY) & contain all the usual amenities TV, aircon phone, fridge etc, there is also a great restaurant that serves the best nasi Goreing ,black rice pudding & Bali Burgers in Bali.
There are ongoing upgrades being done eg; new bathrooms & whole bungalow renovations just to name a couple .
The gardens are lush & fabulous & offer plenty of privacy even if you are sitting on the balcony in front of your bungalow.
The on site laundry is a bonus no washing to do yourself. We both just love the place Deb from Darwin gets to go twice a year she also takes her family at Xmas time.
We are able to get all our clothes shoes handbags etc etc in the Sanur area not to mention all the great places to eat & shop.
The drivers from Bumi Ayu are all great & we feel totally safe to go anywhere with anyone of them( our Favorite is Billy), I could go on forever but that should be enough to whet your apetite to Go Stay AT BUMI AYU!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 28th of November 2007

Our Second Home

"My husband and I have had the pleasure of staying at Bumi Ayu 11 times since 1996. Bumi Ayu is the perfect escape for us from the busy lives we lead in NZ. We travel every week at home for work and the standard of service at Bumi Ayu surpasses anything we encounter in 4 -5 star hotels. The staff are exceptional and you are treated like family.. Indeed when we arrive every year we are greeted with "Welcome home" by all staff. The hotel rooms are spacious with basic ammenities which is all you need. They are serviced daily and we have never had any problem. We love staying off the beach as you do not receive the sea breezes, you do not have all Sanur tourists passing you while you are on your lounger. We feel very safe and secure with 24 hour gate security and the grounds are stunning - the tropical paradise you imagine. It's only a short walk to the main street where there are numerous restaurants. Bumi Ayu is situated in the "hub" of Sanur. We have recommened Bumi to many of our friends who have all loved it. We always find a sense of community around the pool where you can meet for complimentary tea or coffee each day. In short - you'll love it.!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 26th of November 2007

Beautiful Bumi

"Bumi Ayu Sanur.... If you're looking for a haven that epitomizes all that is special about Bali.... this place is it.
Have stayed there often with friends, famlly and children, ane all have found it, through their beautiful setting, their warm, friendly and very helpful staff to be the most relaxing environment there is.
The "Bumi" caters for all one's moods. Privacy , on your own balconys or porches, casual conversation, around free afternoon tea at the pool and bale, wonderful meals at the restaurant, or at your room, drinks in the spa, massages, etc,etc!!!
The new renovations are very tasteful and attention to detail (as only the balinese people do), beautiful. Personally, I am still very happy with my "old" rooms, and can't wait to be back sitting on my porch in the morning. Windchimes, birds, a happy 'Selamat pagi", and a huge smile on my face."

• Travel date: Sun 25th of November 2007

Perfect

"We have been to Bumi Ayu Bungalows now three times and still love it. The staff are great and the gardens beautiful. The bathrooms are a little tired though they have just renovated 4 bungalows that look very nice with all the modern appliances.
It depends on what you want from an affordable holiday. We just want somewhere comfortable to sleep and a great pool to lay beside.."

• Travel date: Sun 25th of November 2007

Bumi Ayu very friendly & affordable

"We love Bumi Ayu. We first stayed there the year it opened around 1993. Since finding Bumi have not stayed any where else. We have meet so many wonderful friends who return as we do.Think we are now up to our 18th stay at Bumi.[overall trips to Bali 32] The surroundings are very well maintained. The food is excellent.The price is very affordable. The staff are very very friendly and obliging nothing is a bother to them. They are just like family to us.The new superior rooms are just great if you want a little luxury, but we prefer the standard rooms.Give it a try and I am sure you will return."

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of November 2007

Hotels near Bumi Ayu Bungalows

Stayed at Bumi Ayu Bungalows? Share your insight.

Bumi Ayu Bungalows is also called