About Hilton Bali Resort

• babysitting
  • tv rtr planeta russia
  • butler service

Good

Our family have stayed at Nikko twice an...

Reviewed Fri 18th of January 2008

"Our family have stayed at Nikko twice and going back late Jan 2008. The hotel is a 40min drive from airport & aprox 30min Kuta.

If you are looking for a quiet 5 star luxury resort then this is the place for you. I would recommend pool ocean view room just because it’s close to the pool & the fantastic view of the Indian ocean. Pool area is massive with a water slide & pool bar.

My fussy 8 year old loved the hotel food especially the pizza! If you love to shop & enjoy night clubbing the hotel is too far from the action. Staff are very attentive & always wearing a smile."

• Travel date: Fri 18th of January 2008

Very nice service and stay was confortable

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"I have traveled a lot but nikko bali is one of the best hotel. Especially room service - good. Cleanliness of room - good. And no noise from other room. Very nice service and stay was comfortable.
Thank you (Yuniko Sugimoto #3522, 14 - 18 Feb 2007 )"

• Travel date: Tue 13th of March 2007

Good value for money but refurbishment is seriously needed

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"This is my first-time stay in Bali and can't compare to other hotels in the same area. But given the reasonable price, I think the hotel deserves an above-average rating

Nice things:
- Nice pools that come with a waterslide. Even adults love the waterslide.
- Interesting daily poolside activities
- Friendly staff

Not so nice things:
- While the outside looks reasonably well-maintained, the room furniture and fittings are pretty old and run-down. The overall design convinces you that this hotel has been around for ages.
- Forget about swimming (or playing) in the private beach of the hotel. The sand is coarse and one can get easily cut by small rocks in the sea bed.
- Food is so-so but again, the best local food is usually not found in hotels."

• Travel date: Sun 4th of March 2007

We Will Return

Reviewed Mon 19th of November 2012

"We had an amazing time at the Nikko, it was definitely paradise. When we arrived, we were unknowingly given a smoking room and we are non-smokers. This room was a little dirty and the stench of cigarettes proliferated the room. We asked to be moved in a non-smoking room as soon as they could accomodate us and we were moved the next day. This room was exceptionally clean. My two year old child loved the children's pool. We found the service to be outstanding, the employees gracious and the location of the hotel secluded and private. In total we stayed five nights but we should of stayed 10 nights. I guess we'll have to go back!"

• Travel date: Tue 6th of February 2007

Nikko - fantastic value, fantastic hotel

Reviewed Thu 18th of October 2012

"I've stayed at Nikko 4 times, and each visit has been exceptional. I tell myself that I should go and try out different hotels, but I find myself coming back time and time again to Nikko because it is just fantastic in every way.
The staff at the hotel are lovely, and never snobbish, even though we are backpackers who ride our motorbike to the hotel. They treat us the same as everybody else, if not even better. Their warm smiles are everywhere, and every single staff greets you with a "good morning" or "how are you today?". Every wedding anniversary when we stay there, there's fruit and a handsigned card from the big boss, and once, even flowers and cake.
I can't find any fault with the rooms. The balconies have sweeping views, the rooms are spacious, there are close to 40 cable channels on tv, the bathroom is big with a separate glass shower area and the bed is huge and comfy.
Outside of the room, the pools are absolutely gorgeous - all interconnected with a tall waterslide that is fun even for an adult like me. There are always more than enough lounge chairs to go round, and if you are eyeing the lounge chairs placed by the sea, there are even staff to guide you to the unoccupied ones.
There is a huge spread for the buffet breakfast with a choice of normal tea or green tea, plus all kinds of yummy food that keep me full till lunchtime. I agree that sometimes the staff get busy at breakfast and are a little slow in service, but frankly, that is a small flaw I can overlook, given the overall awesomeness of the whole hotel.
We book Nikko for about US$115nett for an oceanview room, including breakfast, and I doubt you can find such great value at a similar hotel in the Nusa Dua area. I would love to stay at Conrad (we went to walk around the grounds when it first opened, and it truly is beautiful), but it is way out of our budgets, and we could almost stay 2 nights at Nikko for the price of one night at Conrad.
P.S: One warning though - Nikko is really far out, in the middle of nowhere, so you'll have to take a taxi out if you want to eat, shop or sightsee."

• Travel date: Sat 6th of January 2007

Pool areas are fabulous!

Reviewed Mon 19th of November 2012

"Stayed with another couple in September. Have been to Bali many times normally staying around Kuta/Tuban area but wanted somewhere different and quieter. Views from the lobby area are magnificent. The lobby is on the 15th floor then all the rooms are generally below as it sits on a mountain side. We had a room facing some rubble area on the side that they are eventually turning into another hotel. We didnt like that view so we upgraded to a pool view room for US $10 a night on the 3rd floor and it was worth it. Great views of the pool area and we could see the ocean as well, the balcony was huge! Room was spacious with a king size bed and had all the amenities you would expect.
Breakfast was great - good choices, that changed daily and the serivce was superb, especially from Subrati. She would even come out to the pool area around 1 ish and offer guests free fruit skewers. Anything we wanted for breakfast, even if it was not available that day - we would request it and they would have it the next day for us. We had dinner a couple of times in the hotel and the food was more expensive by Bali standards but very good.
The pool areas are the best attraction. You can play basketball in the pool and volleyball and the pool boys are great fun, especially Swarma who went out to buy CDs of the music we liked to play on the sound system for us. On hearing that my husband was a golfer they even arranged a very entertaining golf game and got all the guests involved. They have a range of pools including a beach sand pool and a great water slide too!
Food by the pool was great as well.
It is in a secluded area of Nusa so you will need to arrange transport into Kuta - cost us 70,000 rp one way. They do have a free shuttle bus that takes you to DFS Galleria but we just used to share a taxi."

• Travel date: Thu 4th of January 2007

Bali Nikko is A-OK

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"I have made it my job to stay at the Bali Nikko EVERYTIME I go to Bali with a group. As the tour leader, I actually make the decision as to where we will stay. I try to select 3 properties for a 12-nite stay, and the Bali is selected for at least 5 of those nights. I have never had trouble with my room on any trip, and fellow tour members have had a minimum of complaints. I am spoiled since I have experienced the deluxe beach front rooms, a view of the ocean from at least the 10th floor. The buffet breakfast have been very good...I have enjoyed eating dinner in the hotel on many occasions. The staff has been nothing but supportive and eager to serve. Just a great bunch of people.
I have been going to Bali annually for a number of years, and many of the people who return with me would be extremely disappointed if the Nikko was off my list.
So that person who complained about her room...and the lobby does not begin to represent the same sentiments of myself or fellow tour members. The Nikko is my Bali home. Period."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of December 2006

Depressing inside - nice outside

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"We stayed at Nikko from November 24 till December 3, 2006. When we entered the lobby, the first impression was depressing. Last time we stayed at Conrad, which was really gorgeous compared to Nikko. I realize that Nikko is cheaper, but everything inside is so old and tired that I don't know why it's still a 5-star hotel. The furniture in the lobby is so cheap, old and dirty that I didn't even want to sit down. These guys must be really greedy, because this kind of furniture costs almost nothing in Indonesia. Then we entered the room, which was also a bit frustrating. The floor was all scratched, the furniture was cheap and old, and bathroom didn't look welcoming. There were different stains on the floor - can be seen in my pictures. We were disappointed. You can see my pictures of the room, which mysteriously look better than the room itself. We were offered to pay more and change our ocean view room to the ocean front one, but it turned out that that room was exactly the same in terms of its age and furniture, so we stayed in ours.
At the same time we liked the pool offering different activities, and especially the waterslide very much. The territory is beautiful and well-maintained - this is a big plus. So when you get used to the insides, the outsides make you happy!
The staff is friendly and nice, breakfast is good. Service is not excellent, but OK. We never had dinner or lunch at the hotel, so I can't say anything about the quality of food.
Regarding the ocean - the hotel is not for swimming - there are too many sea plants and trash in the water. Still some people do swim, but 99% use the pool.
Overall, I will come back only if they refurbish EVERYTHING inside."

• Travel date: Mon 11th of December 2006

Nikko Bali is not for swimming

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"I had picked the Nikko Bali because I had stayed at other Nikko resort before, but was very disappoint with this one in Bali.

Good Points:

- Great staffs and many can speak English and Japanese
- Beautiful ocean view (mine was ocean-front room)
- Nice Spa and swimming pools
- Deluxe throughout

Negative Points:

- Beach is full of rocks and broken shells. Not only that it dropped off immediately into deep ocean floor instead of the gradual retreat like Kuta beach. I got cut twice trying to swim so I ended up moving to another hotel in Kuta beach. The beach was empty of swimmers most of the time.
- No Internet unless you buy a package from them provided by I-Connect. The packages are in 1-hour, 5-hour and 24-hour pricing. 24-hour package is the best price (200,000 rupias.) However, you can only get the wireless signal in the lobby area so forget about any web surfing or chatting at night.
- Restaurants are very pricey unless it is a buffet night.
- It is in the middle of no where so you have to rent a taxi to go anywhere. I saw a lot of hotel guests rented the taxi to go to the nearest town to buy extra foods and drinks.

I stayed there only 5 nights and moved to Kartika Hotel (only 3.5 stars.) Check for my review of Kartika Hotel."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of October 2006

Great place to stay

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"We had an excellent stay at the Nikko. The setting is excellent.

It was very frustrating trying to secure a room through AsiaRooms. Their website advertised a price $20 less than any other I could find. When I booked it, I got a message back that said "confirmed with surcharge", and the price only ended up $3 less than the others. As I had previously been in touch with the hotel, I think they saw my booking and refused me the rate. I have no proof of this. AsiaRooms subsequently changed the prices on their website, but specifically changed my room type and dates only, leaving hte rest the same. Anyway, back to the hotel review...

We were in an Ocean View room. We could see the ocean but there was considerable lawn between us and the ocean. I would upgrade to pool front next time for the even better view. The room was nice, although was showing a bit of age with scuffed floors and a cracked sink counter. Otherwise, a great room and the bathroom was huge.

The food at the restaurants was excellent, although certainly a bit pricey for Bali. I didn't mind paying the extra as long as the food was good. The service from the staff was superb. The breakfast was a little disappointing--I have seen better buffets at other hotels in Bali. Still, they did cater to all nationalities, so that would cut down on the selection for me.

The hotel is very isolated and it is not possible to walk to "civilization". There are metered taxis available at the hotel, however, with a very cheap rate of Rp 5000 to start then Rp 4000 per kilometer, so it is not that hard to get away from the hotel. The trick is to know where to go. We went to the closest shopping mall and ate at the nearby Lotus Garden that was recommended in the LP, but it ended up a noisy, mosquito-filled meal for which they tried to overcharge us by Rp 200000.

Our kids loved the kids club, which was a surprise as they are normally shy about such things. The spa was excellent although very pricey--maybe better to take a taxi to another local spa.

The hotel grounds are beautiful and well-kept. The beach is nice but the waves are hazardous for young children and there is quite a current. There was some garbage in the sea but not as much as I had seen in Sanur. There is a beach as part of one of the swimming pools so that kept our kids very happy. The waterslide was also a hit with the kids.

Overall, an excellent stay and I would definitely consider going back."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of October 2006

Great hotel, great service, great pool

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"My husband and I along with our 12 year old son stayed at the Hotel Nikko Bali for 5 nights. It was really wonderful, very private, and the staff was extremely attentive to our every need. My son loved the pool, along with the swim up bar, and the price for such a resort was very reasonable. We tried out the new tennis courts which were covered and also great, and had monkeys running across our balcony each morning. The breakfast that came with the room was very nice, and pleased all possible ethnicities. The restaurant possibilities are somewhat limited, and you'll need to drive or take a cab to find more interesting places for dinner, but the location of the hotel is very private, with a private beach as well. It's the only place on the island to take a camel ride on the beach (slightly hokey, but unique none-the-less). We also went to the evening dance performance which was entertaining, with a wonderful Indonesian buffet. Tried out the spa, which was good, but you can also get a $5/1hour massage on the beach right next to the hotel (not a great atmosphere, but where else can you get an hour massage for $5 anymore?) Hotel Nikko Bali is a great place to stay, especially with kids."

• Travel date: Wed 5th of July 2006