Rajapark Beach Resort

Beach Road Near Heli Pad, Varkala 695141 India

Good

Overpriced for what it is

"The Raja Park is one of only 3 hotels in Varkala with a pool. You pay a lot for it though, and for air conditioning which is about 2/3 more. Although the pool is nice and to be fair it was clean and pleasant to use, the rooms are very tatty and depressing, especially if the weather is bad. If you're not bothered about a pool, go for something cheaper and better value for money."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of January 2006

Nice staff

Good

"I,ve been staying at RajaPark Hotell in Varkala for two weeks and the stay here has been wonderful. The beach is so beautiful and the shopping is good too. The staff at the hotell is very nice and always ready to help. I can really recommend a stay at Raja Park."

• Travel date: Thu 8th of December 2005

Rajapark not so royal

"After reading excellent views of visitors to Varkala, who had stayed at this hotel, I and my wife also went there. The hotel is an average one, not near the beach, which is good half kilometer away. The word "Beach Resort" is totally misleading, all hotels, hostels, rooms to let, are a beach resort. The room given to us on arrival, was small, on the first floor, overlooking the pool which is in the middle, without even a cupboard to hang our clothes in. A cane hat & coat stand, stood leaning precariously, threatening to keel over if I hung a single garment on it. A family of cockroaches ran helter skelter on our intrusion. We promptly changed this room for a larger one on the ground floor, near the entrance. Instead of planned fortnight, we stayed four days. During our stay from 8th to 12th Feb.2005, the room was not cleaned nor were bed linen and towels changed. Before leaving Germany I had corresponded with the manager about our taking ayurvedic treatment, believing that such facility existed at the resort. However, he phoned a doctor, who had his Padma Ayurveda centre across the street, came over and took us there. Then without making a case history, checking our pulse, weighing us (he had broken weighing scales), without examing our eyes or tongue, he decided on the treatment for 14 days and made out the charges. He assured me that the effect of treatment will last one year. After ten days' treatment, my joints were swollen and my wife, who was guaranteed to lose ten kilos, lost none. We stopped the treatment. I have decided to make a complaint to Kerala Ayurvedic Institute.
The manager and staff at Rajapark are friendly and helpful."

• Travel date: Wed 16th of March 2005

Best value in our travels so far...

Good

"We arrived here at the recommendation of a friend of a friend intending to stay maybe a night or two, and 6 days later we finally have to go. Our time here has been great - the rooms are bright, clean and great value for money...especially as there's a pool! The beach (less than 5 mins walk away) is nice but during the day it can get very hot, so it's great to be able to relax in the shade by the pool, perhaps sipping on a cool drink from the restaurant - it's a tough life! Best of all though, the staff are courteous, friendly and very helpful."

• Travel date: Thu 24th of February 2005

Raja Rocks!

"Just coming to the end of a five day stay here and we throughly enjoyed it. Great value, clean and very comfortable. The staff are absolutely terrific - great fun and could not be more helpful. It is one of the very places in Varkala with a swimming pool. The pool here is only new and is great. Overall, couldnt recommend this place enough. Definitely THE place to stay if you are lucky enough to spend a few days in this chilled out slice of Keralan life."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of January 2005

pleasant stay at varkala

Good

"varkala has been a dream destination for me some years.Finally when i managed to be there, i was excited to see the life with nature, beautiful sea and people.The resort i stayed was called as "Rajapark " thanks to the resort which offered an excellent stay.The best of the resort was the swimming pool with jacuzzi and not to forget the personalised service.It"s great being at varkala and i wish to be here again and again."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of December 2004

Thanks to Tripadvisor

"We, a group of 10 people, stayed for 4 days at the Rajapark resort at Varkala, the golden beach of kerala. The clean beach, with lot of coconut trees and journey on an Auto Ricksha, the mechine powered vehicle for 3 people to traval are a memmorable experince. Thanks to the young manager of Rajapark resort to his personal attention to every guest.
We must say the resort, Rajapark is a nice place to stay for budgetary travallers and group travallers at Varkala.
Thanks to the Tripadvisor site to locate Rajapark Beach Resort at varkala during our trip to kerala."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of November 2004

Clean resort 'Rajapark'

"The magnificient redish cliff,the golden long beaches,the mineral spring,the stay at Rajapark Beach Resort,the real place for the spritul relaxation at Varkala.What else!The swimming pool and jaccuzzi,dining alongside of pool,under the upper lounge.Their basic spritual relaxation programme is an real experince.Thanks to the friendly staff of Rajapark.
A natural place to relax"

• Travel date: Sat 27th of November 2004

Rajapark Resort

"I had three days stay at Varkala,the small beautyful town at south Kerala. The resort Rajapark, where I stayed is a cute and very quite place to relax.The pool face room with private balcony and private terace are very good to dine and lounging. Their personal care to each guest are remarkable! Wonderful veg. and non veg cusine at roof top restaurant are great.
All travellers are strongly reccomended at this very neatly maintained Resort at Varkala."

• Travel date: Thu 25th of November 2004

Stay at Varkala

Good

"One of best stay in varkala at Rajapark beach resort.
Very friendly management and staff with perssonal attention.
Their newly renovated pool facing rooms are realy spaceass and tastfully decorated.
Stay at the hearitage cottage with Yoga and Ayurveda package are an experince.
I realy enjoyed my holidays at varkala with Rajapark. I strongly reccomend to any one on a budget holiday trip to varkala."

• Travel date: Wed 17th of November 2004

Hotels near Rajapark Beach Resort

Stayed at Rajapark Beach Resort? Share your insight.

Rajapark Beach Resort is also called