Arabian Soul

No. 349 Kurakanni Village Near Helipad, North Cliff, Varkala 695141 India

Good

Miss the place already

"What a great place to stay - clean rooms and excellent staff. They made me feel right at home. The staff can not do enough for you. Breakfast is great. It is one big family - a home from home. Free wi fi - what a bonus"

• Travel date: Sat 31st of October 2009

Ein Traum

"I loved Arabian Soul!! The oasis I was looking for after some exhausting travelling (as it can get in India). Lovely place to relax and feel at home - a place close to your heart indeed.

Many thanks to Brygida and Naveen!!"

• Travel date: Sat 29th of August 2009

the best guesthouse I ever stayed at in India!!!

"I have been staying at hundreds of guesthouses and hotels in India over the years and finally I have found the absolutely best place ever! A guesthouse I just want to come back to! Arabian Soul has everything Im asking for: wonderfully friendly and helpful staff, wireless internet, filtered drinking water for refill, beautiful view, a peaceful green garden with hammocks and comfortable chairs for reading and the rooms are spotlessly clean.
They don´t have so many rooms which gives the guesthouse a family touch.
Arabian Soul makes Varkala a place I want to go back to just because of the guesthouse!"

• Travel date: Wed 26th of August 2009

Indeed a place close to your heart...

"I took a couple of months off to go to Kerala and write on my upcoming book. Through friends I heard about the small guesthouse "The Arabian Soul". They call it "A place close to your heart" - and indeed it IS a place close to Brygida's and Naveen's heart, and soon it becomes one close to YOUR'S as well. Every inch of the place oozes of their care and concern for your well-being. The rooms are simple - but beautiful and pitoresque. My room overlooks the ocean. I have my own simple but spotless bathroom. They use a purifying system for their water. There is wi-fi... In short there is everything to accomodate all your Western modern needs, while simultaneoulsy giving you the authentic romantic dream experience of the simple Indian charmed life at the ocean... The guesthouse is surrounded by a beautiful garden, where you can hang out and enjoy the slow life, eat the most delicious and healthy breakfast... The beach is just outside the gate... I can't find enough superlatives to describe and recommend this place... and it is so reasonably priced.
Brygida and Naveen are the sweetest people imaginable...
Jytte Vikkelsoe, psychologist Ph.d., Copenhagen, Denmark."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of January 2009

Guest house with real Soul

"Arrived here a couple of weeks ago planning to stay for a few days - two weeks later we're still here and still wanting more of the Arabian Soul experience.

We've been travelling India for months and were looking for a relaxing and comfortable place to finish our adventure. We'd always planned to come to Varkala but there are quite a few accommodation options here so the choice was great.

We walked along the pretty cliffside and set back from the shops and restaurants, fringed by a beautiful garden and elegantly covered courtyard, was Arabian Soul. I must admit the classy signs and promise of free wifi internet access - still a rarity here in India - attracted me.

We were met by Naveen and Brygida, the affable and fun hosts of Arabian Soul, who showed us around the property. Whether it was the first floor balcony overlooking the sea, the hammocks in the gardens, or the roof terrace which is just perfect for a spot of early morning or sunset yoga, I know not. But we took one of the less expensive rooms - there are a variety of prices and sizes of room, including the beautiful sea view rooms for a few rupees more - and began to explore Varkala.

Arabian Soul is well-placed in that it's close to an abundance of restaurants serving 'multinational cuisine' but because it's slightly set back with its own driveway, it feels like a tranquil oasis.

Brygida is passionate about her cooking, Naveen is from an agricultural family so the garden and guests are well tended! The couple have a tendency to surprise you in the morning with breakfasts, served in the garden courtyard - just ask and you will enjoy some lovely chai, pancakes, omelettes or whatever takes their fancy at any particular time.

It doesn't take long to feel one of the family. In two weeks we've met loads of other guests who all share one thing in common - a real spirit of fun. And all seem to go away fully relaxed and ready to either continue into the bustling side of India or return home, like us, fully recuperated and rejuvenated, ready to face real life again.

If you want to stay in a place with real soul - check out Arabian Soul!"

• Travel date: Sat 13th of December 2008

Hotels near Arabian Soul

Stayed at Arabian Soul? Share your insight.

Arabian Soul is also called