Hilton Garden Inn Trivandrum

Punnen Road, Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) 695039 India

Good

Not a very good experience

"Muthoot Plaza is an average hotel when it comes to quality service and luxury.. my stay was pretty ok... i dont recomend this property"

• Travel date: Sun 10th of May 2009

Business Suite

"The Muthoot Plaza is a business hotel located at a distance of 6 miles from Trivandrum Airport. The hotel rooms are well equipped with well arranged and designed rooms. The sound system and Television is good. The Hotel is situated very close to the legislative assembly house which is a heritage structure. The local market etc are very close to the hotel. It is a nice place to stay...."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of May 2009

muthoot rocks

Good

"hi guys, i havnt really stayed there, but i happened to go for the new year party this time, the crowd was cool , food was excellent,music really keeps u rocking though, i had my coleague who do not normally enjoy the discotheque with me, so we wr amicably switched on to the restaurant dine , this place was superb and had a great ambience, i thank the hotel administration for their hospitality ."

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of January 2009

Be careful

"We stayed at this "5*" hotel on a recent trip to India. We hadn't booked, we turned up on the day after reading about it in the Lonely Planet. Initially they told us they only had executive suites available at a higher cost, they then showed us the room and it was a twin room so we said we weren't happy and wanted a double, suddenly a standard room became available after they'd told us they were fully booked! We were able to get some of our money back and stayed for the night. The hotel was fine but wasn't the 5* luxury that I was expecting.
We also asked for some advice about booking a houseboat tour, they sent for their travel agent who tried to charge us 10,000Rs for an overnight stay and transport to and from Trivandrum to Allepey. This was way over the odds, we eventually arranged to get the train to Allepey and paid 4000Rs for a trip. However when we arrived in Allepey everyone was advertising trips for 3000Rs so we'd still paid over the odds!"

• Travel date: Thu 30th of August 2007

A Compact Hotel Experience

Good

"We stayed at the Muthoot Plaza Hotel, Trivandrum, from the 26th – 28th July 2007. Our party consisted of two adults and two young children.

I booked on the strength of internet reviews and the free Wi Fi network on the upper floors. It is a rather compact hotel even though it is five star. We had to wait a short while for the room to be made ready but were treated to a complementary breakfast. Staff were very attentive during our stay. The suites were not as large as I would have expected but they are modern and clean. We had one or two minor issues with our suite and once brought to the attention of staff they were rectified within fifteen minutes. They also showed us how to sign into the various Wi Fi networks and an additional laptop was provided in the suite. There is no swimming pool, which I had not noticed when booking (my fault). Perhaps if I had realised this at the time I would have opted for a beach hotel on the coast, but free Wi Fi is hard to resist.

The hotel has a rooftop restaurant, however on one evening of our stay it was booked for a private function. We ate at the Tiffany’s Multicuisine Restaurant buffet, located on the 1st floor of the hotel. It was actually very good with a large choice of mains. Joy of joy, I found some beef curry. Beef, mutton, fish and chicken. The puddings were also good and as usual the staff were efficient."

• Travel date: Wed 29th of August 2007

Good quality hotel

"We stayed for only one night in a Plaza room at this hotel. Although the visit was short (and my wife was sick - nothing to do witht he hotel) wewere very impressed at the high quality, which bettered many 5 star properties that I have stayed in in Europe.

The room was spacious, the bed large and the bathroom very good. The breakfast was good too.

This hotel is primarily a high quality business hotel, which was very impressive.

We booked the hotel and many others through Nivalink who offered very good follow up service."

• Travel date: Sat 14th of April 2007

The best in the capital of kerala

Good

"A very nice hotel with friendly staff. We had a suite room which was spacious and had a view over the city. Beautiful restaurant with good food, rich buffet and nice staff. Value for the money paid."

• Travel date: Sun 12th of November 2006

Good little hotel

"Just stayed at the Muthoot in Trivandrum and found it very accommodating. It is in a little street away from the main drag in Trivandrum, but is accessible to all the major areas.
The staff are very friendly with a fantastic breakfast spread and good bar. It is excellent value for money with a small fitness centre, but alas no pool.
Definitely recommended for business travellers as it has Wi Fi access everywhere, rooms included."

• Travel date: Tue 24th of January 2006

Hotels near Hilton Garden Inn Trivandrum

Stayed at Hilton Garden Inn Trivandrum? Share your insight.

Hilton Garden Inn Trivandrum is also called