Beach and Lake Ayurvedic Resort

Pozhikkara Beach, Pachalloor P.O Pachalloor, Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) 695027 India

Relax at the Beach & Lake

Good

"I came to the beach and lake resort after a very stressful work experience and just wanted to relax and do something good for my body and mind.
They picked me up from the airport even tough it was nearly 3 am and brought me to the hotel that is about 20 min from the airport.
The next morning the ayurvedic treatment already started. I had massages and applications every day and every morning yoga and very insteresting discussion with a Yogy.
As the place is small it feet like being at home except you have nothing to do and everybody is always trying to read your wishes before you even know it. The food is freshly cooked and very tasteful and when you feel for a coconut Rajid will climb up the tree and get you one!
Nice place and very nice people. Mr. Sasi the General Manager is great and also discussions with him are very interesting.
Great place to relax and find oneself again!"

• Travel date: Tue 11th of December 2007

A bit over priced for the Indian tourist

"Kerala abounds in pretty resorts. So you do feel a little let down by this resort. The concept is great - on one side, the resort has the backwaters and on the other, a beach. You need to take a country boat to the resort, which is charming. But once there, there is nothing to do. I suppose it is different if you have enrolled for an ayurveda pkg. Otherwise, it's best as a one night stop over. It's pretty far from Kovalam, and coming back from there is hard with the auto and cab guys charging the earth for the ride. The beach next to the resort
is very dirty, although the sight of fishermen pulling in their nets in the morning is wonderful. The property is also really small. I really felt that for the facilities offered, the room rate was way too
much. On the upside - the food is really good and it has none of Kovalam's overly commercial madness."

• Travel date: Wed 28th of November 2007

A fantastic experience !!

"In one word: Fantastic. I did not know to expect, but it was just what I needed after a hectic tour to Delhi, Jaipur and Agra.
I stayed for 13 days and did the ayurvedic treatment with massage, vegetarian food, no alcohol etc. What makes this place so special is the personal approach of the staff (you really feel like a part of the family and they are allways there to make you feel at home), the amazing food (the chef makes the best curries and thorans you can imagine) and the professional treatments.
I really hope that they manage to keep this character of the resort and do not turn it into one of the "beer and chips" resorts you find a few km's further down in Kovalam. Go there and enjoy the complete relaxation. I will certainly go there again to reload my batteries. There is no swimmingpool, but I understood that they plan to build one. This would be a great asset for the place.

To all the staff (waiters and chefs) I say: Thanks a lot guys for everything you all did to give me an unforgettable holyday !!. It really made my stay very special and I will certainly return !!

Jakob"

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of November 2007

Good, but not special

"Maybe we were spoilt by the other places we've stayed, but we don't agree with the high ratings of others.

The location is great, but unless you're here for treatments there is little else to do. The beach is dirty and the locals don't seem to like tourists as much as elsewhere. There's no pool and little space for any activity.

Staff were nice, but other than the restaurant manager, seemed not too interested in their jobs or guests. Also, we felt a bit pushed when we were asked to write a review almost the minute we'd arrived.

That said, food was excellent and the massages the best we've had in Kerala.

If you go there for treatments you may be in the right place. If you want to be more active, I think there are better places."

• Travel date: Tue 20th of November 2007

Excellent

"This place is the most beautifully located resort in Kovalam. The service was excellent and better than any other hotel i have stayed in. The GM, Mr. Sasi was a gem of a person. I mean where else would you have the GM himself come and welcome you and give you personal attention.
The food was awesome. You could taste KERALA in it.

Overall, jus the perfect place to be for a romantic getaway and relax.

Love you Mr. Sasi and miss you a lot.

Hoping to see you soon."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of September 2007

Wonderful Place To Relax

"Have just spent a lovely relaxing 14 days at Beach and Lake Resort after a very hectic 4 months of backpacking around India. The Rejuvenation Package (14 days) was just what I needed to finish my holiday. As it was my first experience of Ayurveda I couldn’t have been happier with the treatment I received - the ladies who provided the treatment were lovely and friendly, it was a pleasure to be around them each day.

From the moment I stepped off the boat I was welcomed and felt right at home. The staff are the big plus here - very friendly, always smiling and making sure your every need is catered for. You are treated like one of the family.

The rooms are spacious and have everything you could possibly need - fridge, TV, air-conditioner, big bathroom, balcony with a wonderful view. The rooms are cleaned daily by the friendly staff.

The Resort is in a wonderful location, with the ocean and lake surrounding it. The food was delicious with plenty of variety - a different menu for each day.

Overall, I had a wonderful two week stay at Beach and Lake Resort and definitely plan to return one day. I started each day with a yoga class each morning at 7.30am followed later on by ayurvedic treatment. And then plenty of time to relax and enjoy my surroundings.

I highly recommend a stay at Beach and Lake Resort."

• Travel date: Mon 13th of August 2007

Highly recommend!!

"Our stay at Beach and Lake Resort was truly memorable. The staff are so friendly and super efficient, the views are spectacular and the food is delicious!
My husband and I stayed for 8 days, from day 1 we felt so welcomed by everyone.
Our stay was during Monsoon season, we were a little worried we would get caught up in bad weather but to our surprise the weather was perfect the entire time. It would rain occasionally but would only last a few minutes and it was generally during the night. The temperature was ideal, warm with a nice cool ocean breeze.
We highly recommend the Yoga. Both my husband and I are new to Yoga. Sasi (Beach and lakes wonderful GM) arranged an instructor for us. The instructor was very authentic (he reminded me of a young 'Ghandi') and explained everything clearly.
The ayurvedic treatments are wonderful.
My body felt the best it's felt in a long time. The natural whole foods we ate each day, the Yoga and the treatments truely worked wonders for me.
The service is second to none, nowhere have I recieved service as good as here, the staff took care of everything and usually before you have to ask.
If you are wanting a relaxing, stress free vacation then I recommend 'Beach and Lake'.
We took a few day trips to Trivandrum, Kovalam we went to the Chalai markets and to the bottom of India. These places are all so busy and hectic, it was such a relief taking the short boat trip back to the resort where it is so peaceful, so relaxing and so refreshing."

• Travel date: Fri 20th of July 2007

Highly recommended

Good

"My friend and I spent three weeks here in May 2007 and we were so happy we chose it after reading a review on TripAdvisor.
Just a short auto-rickshaw ride from the hussle and bustle of Trivandrum and Kovalam, this peaceful resort always felt like a welcome relief to come back to. With a beautiful outlook over the beach and lake, it is the perfect vantage point to observe the daily life of the local fishermen (for your culture fix!) and to watch the amazing sunsets in the evening. Delicious food; clean comfortable rooms; really lovely helpful and friendly staff; plus great ayurvedic treatments and yoga on offer every day.
And if you arrive at night, the short boat trip across the lake is magical and unforgettable. A unique experience."

• Travel date: Mon 11th of June 2007

good place to decompress

"Beach and Lake was a great place to crash after two weeks of an intense trip.

The setting is fabulous - a really peaceful and quiet resort with friendly staff and basic but clean rooms. The service is awesome, the menu interesting. Beach and Lake is known for serious ayurvedic treatments - we tried massages and facials, both excellent. There are yoga lessons in the morning.

Highly recommended."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of May 2007

best place for some serious ayurvedic R & R

Good

"Recommended by some friends who stayed here the year before (and suggested to them by an Ayurvedic doctor) I was expecting something pretty good for my money and wasn't disappointed by the room, the ayurvedic treatment or the hospitality.

If you're keen to try an ayurvedic retreat the location is fantastic - overlooking the ocean and a lake (hence the name!) with a little canoe that takes you between the rooms and the ayurvedic centre and outside restaurant.

All ayurvedic treatment is prescribed and managed by the in-house doctor and the staff who give the massages are very kind (not to mention awesome massueses!), in fact all the staff are really fantastic- very attentive and welcoming.

Though not cheap if you're trying to do India on a budget (my stay for 7 days and nights just under $1000 and includes everything: ayurvedic consultation and medcines, treatment, food, accomodation and collection from the airport.

Will add photos when I get them back from the developer."

• Travel date: Thu 4th of January 2007

Hotels near Beach and Lake Ayurvedic Resort

Stayed at Beach and Lake Ayurvedic Resort? Share your insight.

Beach and Lake Ayurvedic Resort is also called