Vivanta by Taj - Trivandrum

Vazhuthacaud Road, Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) 695014 India

An exceptional hotel

"My travel agent booked this hotel for my business trip to Trivandrum.
It is about 12 km from the airport. Hotel entrance is beautiful with a pool. My Reception was warm and welcoming.
My Room was tidy, clean and calm with all the modern facilities with a view over the backwater.Room service was excellent and the staff were very attentive and helping.
The food was excellent. Best place to relax after hectic schedule.It is recomended for all types of trvelers."

• Travel date: Fri 14th of May 2010

Was probably lovely in 1981

"Nice enough hotel, no ambiance but good service. Rooms OK but a bit faded and stained. No bath but a very nice 'rain' shower. Restaurant was pretty average; I had a bland veg curry and a stomach upset. Went for a bit of a walk, and found....not much. In summary, fine for a night or two on business, but I wouldn't holiday here. The service, however, deserves a mention as the staff were very courteous, professional and welcoming."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of April 2010

Highly Recommended

"We celebrtated a special 50th birthday here. We had a fabulous time. The hotel was very nice as was the room, but what I will remember is the staff who were exemplary. They went out of their way to make our stay special. They often have themed buffets and whilst we were there it was Hyderabadi cuisine. The food was fantastic.
Breakfast was also very good as we could sample the local south Indian food as well as the traditional fare.
I cannot find anything I did not like about this hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 10th of April 2010

Elegant and stunning

"My two day's stay at Taj, Trivandrum was an experience to cherish.

The hotel was recommended by a colleague of mine and I was stunned by the appearance of the hotel and lobby that goes with the Taj brand. The reception staff was very receptive to finish the check in formalaities in no time.

The ambience of the coffee shop is excellent and I enjoyed the buffet dinner very much. Needless to elaborate the rooms were typical of any Taj hotel and did not fall short of expectation or amenities. The room I got was overlooking the swimming pool on the terrace. The morning walk around the pool was pleasent.

The support staff at the Hotel were receptive to my requirements and execution was perfect.

Looking forward to another occasion to stay there"

• Travel date: Sun 28th of March 2010

Setting the record straight

"We stayed for one night in this hotel at the end of a two-week holiday in India. A professional colleague booked the room for us at a favourable rate and we were slightly concerned by a negative comment on this site.
We found the hotel spotless, the staff courteous and extremely helpful and responsive and ate a delicious dinner and a spectacular buffet breakfast. I could not fault this hotel"

• Travel date: Mon 8th of March 2010

Reasonably Price :- 5 *****

"Hi,

Booked an Executive Room through TAJ website as short notice. The best price was Rs 3100, which is resonable for a 5 *.

The location is great and safe (just opposite Police Comissioner's office).

Food: Restaurant was nice, but if u want to try local cusine, step outside and walf 100 mts towards right. There is a pre-independance era restaurant AZAD -- nice food and reasonably priced.

Temple: Visit Padmanabha Swany temple, nearby they have the busy local market. U can buy novelties and clothes etc. There is a state govt shop outside the temple, good quality food items, best price. Also take a walk near the main gate of temple, there is big Gold Market. Lot of shops and the amazing thing i noticed was that there were hardly any sucurity guards.

Kovalam Beach: 1 hour drive, take a Taxi from local stand on hourly basis (Rs 120 / hr)."

• Travel date: Sat 27th of February 2010

Great Modern Hotels

Good

"I stayed at the Taj while travelling for work. The Taj hotels are a nice chain, the rooms are very nice, clean, very comfortable and modern and the food and room service is excellent. It is worth mentioning the pool is not a welcoming place, a lot of concrete, with all the space for the pool I hope they are planning some greenery or decoration.

I did have some issues with the customer service when I ask for something I would get what they think I wanted or what they felt like doing. Two examples, when I inquired about a DVD player it was 2 days and no less than 10 phone calls before I had one (they had one, they were all used, I couldn't have one because of the room I was staying in which was fine, they could get me one, they will bring it, they couldn’t get one etc. etc. etc.) Just bring it or don't bring it! By the end of the 2 days I couldn’t care less. When I did receive the DVD player I had to call to request the DVD list. When I received the list there were about 10 English movies on it, 4 were available. Urgh. It was all just really frustrating. A very similar thing happened with chocolate cake (they didn’t have any, I saw some in the café, they would bring it, they brought moose, I sent it away, 2 different people called to ask what was the matter, I asked for cake, they brought up 2 different cakes one with ice cream neither chocolate cake). After this I resigned to be a person that gets what I get. I think this is maybe what you have to do in India sometimes."

• Travel date: Thu 18th of February 2010

Excellent Service

"We stayed 4 nights at a Premium room with a pool and city view. The service at the front desk, room service and at the restaurant was one of the best we have seen anywhere. The buffet at the main restaurant always included both western and local dishes and it was always was very good and tasty. Tourists who wish to taste authentic Kerala dishes should take thier chance as it is not available outside the State. If you like spicy foods, order the classic Kappa (Yuca) with red hot Meen (fish) curry for lunch or dinner; it has been the staple diet of the people here. They make a very good Masala Dosa (rice pancakes) with coconut chutney and sambar (mixed vegeterian sauce); order it with South Indian Filter coffee instead of the usual omlette and toast with Latte for breakfast"

• Travel date: Sun 17th of January 2010

the best luxury hotel in the city

"This is the best luxury hotel in the city. My husband and I also stayed in Beach and Lake, which is absolutely wonderful but located outside the city. For a city stay, Taj Residency is the best. It's very comfortable and clean and has a lot of options for food, fitness, and recreation. The staff are very helpful, the pool is very very nice, and the food is good. I highly recommend this hotel for folks just passing through Trivandrum or who want to stay in the city."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of January 2010

Value for Money

Good

"I stayed there for a conference there organised by us for our customers. The conference facilities and the food were extremely good.

I stayed in the room for a brief period only. The room was good. The value provided is very good for the tariff."

• Travel date: Sun 13th of December 2009

Amazing value for money property

"The property is a Taj Business Hotel but better than few of their older luxury properties. The staff is very cordial, rooms are plush, well maintained and of good size. It has an amazing multi-cuisine restaurant with very courteous staff. Have a temporary spa - economical and good."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of December 2009

Simply Taj

"The hotel is well placed in the city. All the main attractions are very close. Though it is a bit far from the airport, the railway station is very close to the property.
Rooms are well designed and a lot of thought has gone in doing so. The restaurant serves very good food and has a good vine collection. Prices are reasonable. The hotel is courteous and it was a pleasure talking to them."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of December 2009

Hotels near Vivanta by Taj - Trivandrum

Stayed at Vivanta by Taj - Trivandrum? Share your insight.