Keys Select Hotel Thiruvananthapuram

Opposite Fire Brigade Housing Board Junction, Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) 695001 India

Good

excellent hotel, clean, new with friendly staff

Good

"we stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and then returned for a night a couple of days later before travelling onto mumbai.

the hotel room was clean and new with excellent facilities and offered very good value for money. free internet access is also useful.

the location was very central within trivandrum, and we never felt unsafe on a night walking around although wouldnt advise this if on your own.

the breakfast was ok but did offer a variety including continental style as well as the usual indian b/fast.

the airport is circa 250 rupees in taxi or 175 in a auto tuck tuck.

the hotel was 15km from the beaches at kovallam or 200 rupees in a taxi. recommend checking out both sides of the beach, mollys was a lovely hotel near the beach which served good food and offers shade if you want to come away from the beach at kovallam.

hotel staff were helpful and allowed us to store our luggage for a couple of days while we went to Allepey for a couple of nights.

we found a couple of bars in trivandrum, one which was a nightclub called purple lounge - v entertaining watching the locals dancing the night away and checking out the couples corner.

the severn hills is very close to the keys and serves food which is ok."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of November 2010

GOOD FOR VALUE

Good

"Nice and Centrally located from my Head Office. Very Good service given by the staff. Full value for money spent as it is very reasonable. Charges includes complementary Break fast and Dinner. Taste and quality of food was very goo. Free Internet facility was also available.Few of the staff members impressed very much. I also gave my feed back/suggestions for further improvement. Whenever I will a chance in future, I would certainly visit with Keys."

• Travel date: Fri 8th of October 2010

3 Star hotel with 4 Star quality

Good

"I wish all hotels could have some of the features this one does. A key accessed 24 hour computer room (free internet) and gym. Small but clean and well designed room with a very comfortable bed. The desk clerks are very helpful and friendly. The ala-carte menu for lunch and dinner is very reasonable and tasty. The only downside is the free morning breakfast. Not much western food to choose from but at least made to order eggs are available. Instead of a mini-bar, there is a reasonable priced vending machine you swipe with your room card for charges. There are also free ice machines. Overall a wonderfull hotel that more should copy.

The area doesn't offer much and is dark out at night, but tuk-tuk's are cheap and easy to come by."

• Travel date: Sun 19th of September 2010

Great Business Hotel with all amenities

Good

"The Hotel was new and one of its kind at Thiruvananthapuram. All that is required for a business traveller like me was found satisfactory. The room was compact, clean with modern amenities. The staffs were courteous. The buffet breakfast was more than anticipated. the place might not be attractive for a leisure traveller mainly because of in house entertainment, more TV channels are required. The Gym was adequate as was the business centre and the WiFi facility was quite good. In totality a great value for money."

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of September 2010

better than expected

Good

"While searching for a block of rooms for a family reunion, I spoke with the manager and was assured that the facility is good. This proved true. The hotel was clean and well managed. It was to the standard one would expect. We received a good rate and there was not one complaint from any of the family who stayed there. We wound up not using a conference room that was reserved and received consideration from the manager. Thank you manager, for all your personalized assistance. Good job!"

• Travel date: Sat 28th of August 2010

Clean and trendy and well located hotel

Good

"Helpful staff and relaxing atmosphere made this hotel ideal first stop on our trip to Kerala. Well equipped rooms with lots of natural light and good restaurant too only downside here was lack of licence so couldnt get a beer!"

• Travel date: Sat 21st of August 2010

amazingly and pleasantly shocked

"was a fantastic experience to say the least... more so because it was completely un expected that we ended up staying here..

myself and my wife (newly married) were travelling to maldives for our honeymoon and had 12 hours to spend in trivandrum..
arrivied at the railway station at midnight and hired a cab and asked him to take us to a good hotel.. after his initial attempts to get us into some really dodgy places (not his fault though), i said enuf is enuff please take us to a 5 star hotel..
we tried residency and many other places and all were maxed out due a conference in the city that day..

finally someone said try the keys as they are new.. arriving there and going into the reception itself i wasimpressed..

the entire hotel has a theme of black and white and the rooms , the dining, toilets everything was world class.. esp coming from australia i could feel that the style of the hotel and settings were truly international..

loved the stay to say the least..."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of July 2010

Multi Utility Business Hotel

Good

"Usually once in two months, i travel to Trivandrum on business, I like to stay in this hotel everytime for the following reasons.
It is value for money compared to the type of hotels in the surroundings, who do not have such ambience, facilities and services but charge equally.
This is quite suitable for business class also partially suitable for leusuire. i.e 70 : 30 % combination. It is right in the mid of city, away from the main street noice and decently located.
The services are excellent, with buffet lunch and dinner, most important the Gym and indoor recreciation , in room internet facility, is quite needed.
I had also taken my family on the way to kovalam for a one day stay in this hotel, my kids enjoyed it.
This hotel has an unique representation due to its ,see-through bathroom walls, which usually i have experienced in other asian countries.
I have recommending my business friends and relatives to have an experience."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of June 2010

Excellent Hotel - good customer service

Good

"We stayed at this hotel for 3 days and nights. Got a good rate since I booked it right at the onset of the monsoon. The hotel is a year old at the time of this review. The decor in the reception area and in the rooms are very trendy. Rooms have flat screen tv, computer desk, adjustable thermostat for the A/C, LED night lights, mini-refigerator and iron. The bathroom shower looks into the room through transparent glass. The rooms were cleaned daily and fresh towels were brought in daily. The hotel uses a smart key card that activates the elevator ... it also activates the lights in the room. Quite advanced but can be annoying at times. All in all we had a good time and we would certainly go there again."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of June 2010

Do it yourself Hotel

"Hotel is fully Do It Yourself kind of hotel right from Luggage Pick Up till check out. One Restaurant is there but good quality food and service. Staff is very co-operative."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of June 2010

Fantastic Hotel, Great Stay

Good

"One of the best Hotel in the capital of Kerala. New concept & fantastic rooms with all required amenities. Staff are friendly and helpful."

• Travel date: Fri 18th of June 2010

Excellent Business Hotel

Good

"I visited this hotel last week. It's an excellent concept. International Hotel standards at value for money pricing. Very nice ambience. Room is very nice. These guys have all basic facilities as required by business traveler such as work area in room, multiple plugs across the room(very though out, else other hotels have few electric sockets).

Nice Restaurant. Try this hotel on any business or leisure visit.

Nagesh"

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of April 2010

Hotels near Keys Select Hotel Thiruvananthapuram

Stayed at Keys Select Hotel Thiruvananthapuram? Share your insight.

Keys Select Hotel Thiruvananthapuram is also called