Vivanta by Taj - Green Cove

G V Raja Vattappara Road Trivandrum, Kovalam 695527 India

A tranquil, family-friendly paradise

"My wife, 2-year old son and I spent ten days at this resort, and we were totally satisfied by the friendly and compentent service that we received. Although we found it cheaper, and more fun to eat out at the wide array of cafes close by to the Hotel (some within walking distance), the quality of food at the hotel restaurant and beachside BBQ was excellent. The lush green surrondings of the villa appartment overlooking the coastline were truly idyllic.
A major plus for us, and also quite unexpected was the genuine friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff towards our two year-old son. In addition to the high level of enjoyment that this hotel had to offer, including the good Spa facilities, the support given in looking out for our son made this an enjoyable holiday to remember. We may well come back again:-)"

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of March 2006

Bring your earplugs to the Taj Green Cove

"We are cutting our stay short because it has been rather like trying to sleep in a disco. Far from being the place of peace and calm claimed in its literature, our first night was shattered by the noise of a band at a beach party the hotel was hosting for a conference group. Other properties border on the Taj and throughout the second night some form of celebration - complete with loud music - was in progress right through from mid afternoon until 5.30 in the morning ...when we fortunately remembered that we still had the earplugs we had carried with us from the flight. If you are going to stay here, and would like peace and quiet, ask the management for some guarantee on what parties they are holding and what festivals, religious or otherwise, are being celebrated around the hotel. Whatever the answer, you would still be well advised to bring the earplugs."

• Travel date: Sun 26th of February 2006

great place but beware any 'special dinners'

"We loved this hotel - gorgeous setting, really well maintained, beautiful rooms. The two restaurants are fantastic and the waiters very professional.

The only problem was the special dinner for New Year's Eve, which cost over $100 PER PERSON and was compulsory. This was very poorly organized, the food was awful, and guess what drinks were included - a single glass of champagne. Even soft drinks were charged extra - and in fact they marked up all their drinks by an extra 25% on the evening.

The dinner was held on their private beach, where there are no kitchen facilities. So it was all prepared hours in advance and served as a buffet. We were also concerned about the temperatures at which this food was kept.

Various 'special guests' were brought up on stage (local politicos and businessmen) and we got the distinct impression that hotel guests were paying exhorbitant prices to subsidize a PR event by the hotel.

We did of course complain about the evening and our complaints were handled poorly.

This was such a shame, as our visit to the hotel was perfect in every other respect.

So, my advice is: do go stay here (Expedia gave us a good deal), but avoid Christmas or New Year's, and don't take up their offers of 'special' dinners served on the beach."

• Travel date: Sun 12th of February 2006

Honeymoon

Good

"My wife and I had a wonderful time at the Green Cove. The place had just opened and everything was brand new. They upgraded us to a suite which was fantastic and the staff went out of their way to make our honeymoon absolutely unforgettable.

As far as the spa, I'm not sure what happened to the disgruntled reviewers, my wife and I truly enjoyed our experience. We were massaged at the same time--my wife had a body wrap and the masseuse focused on my legs and back--it was heaven! And the prices were unbeatable. I don't know what people are paying in Europe but in NYC it's over $100 for a 60 min. massage. Jiva was much, much, less than that. I think it was 1/3 or a 1/4 of the price that was for the two of us. We will defintely return again when we can afford it."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of February 2006

Lovely hotel but could do better

"The hotel’s surroundings are beautiful and rooms are quaint cottages (although they are not detached) so that every room has a lovely balcony over looking palm trees and if you’re lucky, the beach. Be aware though that access to the hotel is a short walk up a very steep hill so not great for people who have special access needs or the elderly. The beach is a short buggy ride away but it’s not great and I preferred to stay by the gorgeous infinity pool over looking the sea.
I too had a bad experience at the Jiva Spa in the hotel. I think it’s the norm for the masseuse to massage your bottom and chest (both men and women!) If this makes you feel uncomfortable then you must state this beforehand!
Although you can get some snobby staff at Jiva Spa and at the reception desk, the rest of the staff were tremendously friendly and welcoming.
Overall I would say that the hotel is certainly 5* but some work still needs to be done in terms of customer service and professionalism - problems checking in, requests for things that never turned up, communication problems between staff."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of January 2006

Really loved this hotel

"The hotel was fantastic, we have two children and they loved the swimming pool and the hotel staff. The hotel puts on a number of activities during the day. The hotel also has access to the beach either by walking or using the electric buggies, the staff are very helpful and extremely accomodating."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of January 2006

beautiful, serene, enjoyable

Good

"Taj Green Cove Resort was a paradise on earth. The resort is new, and the grounds are well manicured and landscaped. The pool has a view of the Arabian Sea, as does the hot tub. Food was quite good overall. They have a barbeque on the private beach at night, which is lovely and romantic. Our villa was new, spacious, well decorated, and immaculate.

My husband & I had several deep tissue massages and I had a facial, and they were all incredible. I live in NYC and have been to the best spas, and Jiva certainly rivaled them all. No one behaved innappropriately.

The only word of caution is to look over your final bill carefully upon checkout, as there were a couple of errors on our. However, the staff sorted it out right away and was apologetic."

• Travel date: Wed 21st of September 2005

terrible- jiva spa at taj green cove

"yes, i agree with seta's comments. that jiva spa is a rip off and not worth it. all westerners to stay away. infact they have one in mumbai Taj as well. which is a little better. but Kovalam place was more like a c-grade treatment place. i wonder that the spa is so beautiful, but software i am afraid doesn't befit taj hotels.

carine"

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of July 2005

jiva spa at green cove -Arip off con place

"my last stop in kerala was taj green cove at kovalam.the spa there is called jiva.very well done up but only to cheat the guests.the therapists were terrible,the prices are as high as europe.absolutely pathetic place to have a massage.i stayed there for 3 nights and went 3 times to the spa anticipating that one treatment will be good.but one was worse than the other.plus they even cheated me on time.therapists there do not respect your privacy.be careful-if anyone goes to jiva spa in taj green cove,make sure you tell the therapists not to touch your private parts.they love doing it.
the place is beautiful but jiva spa there is a let down.AVOIDABLE if you are not a spa person.

seta"

• Travel date: Mon 18th of July 2005

Most Beautiful Gracious Place on Earth!

"My husband and I were visiting India and relatives, family, friends shopping, visiting temples were first on the list. However, for my birthday my husband wanted to get away from it all. We went to Kovalam in Kerala since it is only 3 hours from his hometown. It was the most gorgeous place I have ever seen. Kerala is truly god's own country as it is called. The Taj Green Cove is a new property set in the cliffs right above the kovalam beach. The staff was amazing, having wished me a happy birthday every time they saw me. Every staff knew it was my birthday, they even had a cake for me...for breakfast! We had a lovely ocean view 2nd floor deluxe room, beautiful in every way. The room service was very good always supplying us with everything we needed and cleaning the room twice a day. Food was excellent as well..lots of choices for the picky eater like me. They even had fireworks for my birthday! We also saw a traditional Kerala dance. If you are ever in India make it a point to visit Kerala and make it a point to stay at this wonderful property. Its not the cheapest place in India but with the exchange rate it is so much more of a value than 5 star properties in my country. The one thing about Indian 5 star properties, the staff goes above and beyond the call of duty, imagine the Four Seasons service on a Marriott budget. Thats India! Oh heaven..."

• Travel date: Wed 20th of April 2005

The taj green is the best and friedkiest...

"The taj green is the best and friedkiest hotel we have stayed in. We were upgraded to a superior room on our arrival and it was enormous bedroom, eating area land a lounge with 2 balconies set on the hillside overlooking the beach BLISS.

The food was lovely and all of the staff were friendly and super efficient. Don t use hotel taxi nip out of the ground s and get a tuk tuk at a fraction of the cost our driver took us everywhere we wanted to go for three week s for around 40 pounds ask him to take you to the alcohol shop that’s a lot cheaper too. Oh and take a few pens and toys for the kids for love them. HAVE FUN

• Travel date: Wed 4th of April 2007

Hotels near Vivanta by Taj - Green Cove

Stayed at Vivanta by Taj - Green Cove? Share your insight.

Vivanta by Taj - Green Cove is also called