Hill & Sea View Beach Resort

Mottavila Avaduthura Vizhinjam, Kovalam 695527 India

Very good place :)

Good

"Good service, good food and nice staff. A lot of laugh and joy. It's a realy nice view from the room with palms and the ocean and we can also see when the sun goes down to the ocean. The room was nice and clean and we LOVED the A/C. The staff who works here always was there for helping out whatever we needed. We like this place alot. And we will thank the staff from our heart for this visit. And the best of luck to all of you. Hope to see you soon.. Simon/Eleonor"

• Travel date: Wed 31st of March 2010

Serene hideout in this crowded Kovalam

"Dropped in at Hotel Hill and Sea on the eve of Diwali. My wife was really wonderstruck on seeing the beautiful location of the Hotel. We could see the beautiful blue sea flanked by a vast canopy of emerald green palm leaves from our room . The rooms were really nice. There were not much guests around there. The breeze was mesmerising. With the nightfall the atmosphere was seductive. We had two days blissful stay in the Hotel.

Though the approach road to this place is somewhat round about one will definitely enjoy the stay here. Come upto this place. Huddle into your suite. Forget the world. You will be fully rejuvenated after a stay of two or three days.

The tariff was affordable for budget conscious people like me. I look forward a stay in this nice place."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of March 2010

A good little spot, which will only get better

Good

"I had a great time staying at this resort.

Granted, we weren't told the whole truth about the resort. It (and neighbouring resorts) are undergoing renovations, there is no pool. games room or lounge/ bar. However, at the end of the day, it didn't really matter.

The views from this place are nothing short of breathtaking. And, being that short (though energetic; not one for less mobile people) 5 min walk from the beach meant a break from the hawkers and male gawkers that Kovalam is famous for. The room was very comfortable and sitting on the balcony, 50m above the trees, reading my book, watching the lighthouse and feeling the cool evening breeze on my face was very relaxing indeed.

We got a great deal and were both really happy with our stay, so we extended it for another two days. When this place is fully completed, I doubt we'll get the same bargain again."

• Travel date: Wed 10th of February 2010

All round great experience

"Came to India with several friends and happened to be in Kerala for the new year. I had heard about this place from the taxi driver so was very pleased that they could book us all in, in the peak time. The service was great, and the staff were super friendly. The food was delicious and the views were fantastic. The only downside was the maintainance work being done. However, the clean rooms and good service coupled with amazing views made up for it. Overall, it was a great find for the price we paid."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of January 2010

Great for travellers

"I found this place on line, and since I was travelling with friends on a tight budget, this place seemed ideal. I was also able to get a significant discount, so great value for money. The rooms were comfortable and clean, the food was amazing, and eating on the rooftop was an experience like no other with the beautiful view and the invigorating sea breeze.
There was some maintence work going on, and thus there was construction materials lying around which did dampen the experience but I understood that it was temporary.
The staff were friendly and helpful and went out of their way to ensure me and my friends were well catered for,
will definitely come again when the pool is finished"

• Travel date: Sun 24th of January 2010

breath taking view

Good

"we stayed in this hotel from 29th dec to 20th january, yes there were few construction work going on while we were staying, how ever the excellent food served in the restuarant, the friendly staff and the panoramic view all compensated the small inconvenience experienced. over all i will say it is a nice hotel and i will certainly visit next time when I go to kovalam' mr sivadhas, london"

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of January 2010

overpriced and under construction hotel

"Hill Sea View hotel should be not mismatched with other Kovalam beach hotel called Sea View. Sea View hotel is located straight on the beach. Hill Sea View is about 10 minutes walking from the beach and located on the high cliff. View is quite impressive but tones of dirty plastics and construction rests just below your terrace destroy palm tree forest covered landscape.
Rooms are not very big but can be accepted. Rooms are cleaning only for request. Restaurant is quite good but some dishes are below par – garlic naan for example.
Staff is friendly and nice but can not do your holidays much better.
What is the problem? The hotel is still under construction what means everything what you understand under that term. Dirty parts, dust, noisy hammering even at midnight (!) - all of that is part of the game. After finishing their plans the place can be one of the best in the area but today..? Today is not!"

• Travel date: Mon 18th of January 2010

nightmare

"Hi, we have just left this hotel after spending 12 long days. They did not inform us that they were building/renovating 12 rooms(out of 20) or that next door adjoining hotel , green palms hotel also building and creating a lot of noise when we booked online.
The builders started at 8am and finished after midnight if we were lucky, or 2-3am if not.
the location/views or any other benefit we thus ruined.

We had no hot water in the morning on all 12 days, but did have hot water 3 days out of 12 in the evening.

Room cleaning was hit and miss. If they wanted to, they did !

5 days we had to tell them to clean. 4 days no towels and 6 days no loo paper. 3 days no air cond.
When we complained, the owner/manager said these are small problems and 'we are brothers'. we explained that we were paying guests, paying for a service. He then described the problems as minor and that we were ungrateful, and that we think we are big shot westerners.With customer care lioke this do not expect much. you have been warned."

• Travel date: Fri 1st of January 2010

Not as advertised. Reality and what has been projected differs a lot

"Hi, We stayed in this hotel and must say we are dissapointed. We booked the hotel after seeing it online. The online facts differ quite a lot when compared to actual scenario on the ground.

The hotel is located very remotely.
a) Its not a 3 star resort as advertised.
b) It has no good parking facility. The entrance is through a small lane and worse, no facilities for drivers -especially if you go in a taxi.
c) The heritage rooms, even though they are priced high , are worse than the deluxe. The deluxe rooms are better. The heritage ones are made of wood and have no privacy. I could hear the chat from the next room even though they were talking normally.
Overall its an average to below average resort with very basic amenities.
d) No water facilities and no lift. Lift is under coinstruction however."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of December 2009

Hotels near Hill & Sea View Beach Resort

Stayed at Hill & Sea View Beach Resort? Share your insight.