Greenshore Apartments

Lighthouse Road, Kovalam 695521 India

Good

Fond memories

"Stayed 3 nights with Ian & Lyn, the perfect hosts. Nothing too much trouble, the staff the greatest smiles for miles. Breakfast on the roof magic. The food at the restuarant Ian rec. was brilliant and 10% discount as well. Quiet, clean rooms serviced every day. Loved the fridge doors, colourful happy faces, inside COLD Beer. Would rec. to all, whatever your reason for visiting."

• Travel date: Tue 30th of December 2008

Fantastic, Great place to stay

"I booked Greenshore Apartments for my parents who live in England. My father had always wanted to visit Kovalam. My parents said that Ian, and his wife and the staff were like family. They were extremely thoughtful. The hotel is well-managed, and very close to the beach. My parents say it was "like paradise" with the palm trees. They had a wonderful time."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of December 2008

Good choice, helpful staff

"Situated very close to the beach and the many sea front restaurants, this is a well located and friendly hotel. Ian and his staff were very helpful in providing restaurant recommendations and information on excursions etc. The rooms are basic but clean. We would certainly recommend this as a good, reliable place to stay. Nick and Alexis"

• Travel date: Wed 17th of December 2008

a perfect end to a perfect holiday

"We arrived at the Greenshore apartments in mid-November after 10 days seeing the sights of Kerala. From the first moments to our 3.00am checkout, we were surprised and delighted by the friendly team Ian and Lynn have put together. The manager, Kannan, and the guys served first class breakfasts on the roof terrace and kept our room spotless. Our balcony had a view down to Lighthouse beach and Ian kept the fridge stocked with cold beers.
We spent as much time as possible roasting ourselves on the beach, just a minute or so down the hill, where the beach sellers were persistent, but friendly. Our meals were taken at La Pizzeria, right on the beach; surely the most exotic location ever for a wood-fired pizza oven. Their cosmopolitan cuisine allowed us to choose something new at every visit.
Close to the Greenshore, you can book tours to most of the highlights of Kerala - riceboats, tea-plantations - there is a cashpoint in the next village and the staff will organise your airport collection and drop-off.
In short, the Greenshore allows you to do what you came for - and that's relax!"

• Travel date: Mon 8th of December 2008

Really nice place!

Good

"A friend and I stayed at the Greenshore for five nights after doing a bit of a tour of the rest of India. We had a lovely time, and didn't go far from the beach! The apartments are a very short walk to the beach, maybe 2 minutes, if that, and the room we were in had a sea view, albeit past another building. Greenshores itself was a nice place to stay, impeccably clean, hot water whenever you want it. The staff were all really good, helpful and the owners, Ian and Lynne were remarkably friendly. The manager arranged a trip for us to the Backwaters, which were beautiful.
All in all, I would I would definitely recommend The Greenshore Apartments and Kovalam for some serious relaxation!"

• Travel date: Tue 18th of November 2008

Recommended! Will return!

"I stayed at the Greenshore Apartments for one week at the end of June 2008. It should have been the monsoon but it was late. Kovalam was deserted and almost closed. It was weird walking around with hardly anyone one else there. The staff in the hotel were brilliant. Helpful is an understatement. They would organise anything from beer, taxis, laundry, trips etc. The place was spotless, room cleaned every day, and safe. It is two minutes from restaurants and bars but quiet also. There is an excellent ayurvedic centre 20 metres down the hill. I had the A/C but it was not required with the breeze from the sea. I would recomend this hotel to anyone but the disabled. I expect to stay there again - if there are any vacancies!"

• Travel date: Fri 14th of November 2008

Loved it all.

"The first week of our stay in Kovallum was at Greenshore and we loved every minute of it. The staff were amazing, so trusting willing and kind, every thing done with a smile, they were fun to be with, shared parts of their lives with us and interested in our lives too.
Trips were arranged, breakfasts cooked up on the roof, coffee or tea brought to our room when we wanted it. Shopping done,laundry done...we felt thoroughly pampered.
Went away for a week on the backwaters, the sanctuary and on to Munnar.
Came back to Greenshore and were welcomed like old friends, it was brilliant, just like coming home.
Can thoroughly recommend everything about it, it is a very special place. We hope to return at some time."

• Travel date: Fri 31st of October 2008

Beware to send deposit !

"Attention to your deposit.
I do have a reservation with a deposit of one nigth. Later i ask the owner for the cancellationfee for the reservation. He cancelled the reservation with out a cancellationorder from my side. I told him that it was only a request and not a canellation but he told me that he has allready given the room to other guest and he need the deposit for his administation cost."

• Travel date: Sat 4th of October 2008

Absolutely loved kovalam's Greenshore Apartments!

"Greenshore Apartments provided not only a home away from home feeling but also made my holiday in Kerala perfect! The staff at Greenshore were so welcoming & friendly and very very helpful 24/7... The room was very clean & had a cozy balcony overlooking the peaceful surroundings of coconut trees and the ocean.
Greenshore's location made it easy for my hubby and I to take a stroll down the romantic beach, visit the famous lighthouse of Kovalam (which is right outside the apartment) and enjoy our meals at the many multicuisine veg/ non-veg restaurants/ cafe's all within a minute's walk away from this lovely apartment.

I definitely recommend Greenshore Apartment's, Kovalam highly! A hotel that should without a doubt be on the Lonely Planet! ;)

Vanessa Moses."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of September 2008

Nice hotel, friendly staff and free wireless internet

"We stayed in 'The Green Shore' for about 10 days with a group of five. We got two apartments, directly next to each other.

Overall we enjoyed our stay very much. The rooms were very clean and kept clean on a daily basis. The same goes for the laundry.
My compliments to the staff!

The bathrooms were fine, and so were the large balconies.
The restaurant is located on the roof, where the hotel manager arranged breakfast for us. The wireless internet was free of charge, although we had to use our own 'multiple socket' to get it to work.

The value-for-money is excellent, although the way the bills were made up could be more efficient.

Short note: The manager is friendly, but (like most people in India) always willing to help you out when it comes to excursions, boat trips, ect. (in exchange for commission).
Not bad in itself, but sometimes a bit over the top."

• Travel date: Mon 15th of September 2008

Looked after very well.

"Met Lynne and Ian in Kovalam in 2006, went back again in 2007and stayed with them. Really good hosts, very, very helpful, and a breakfast to die for, the staff were very friendly too. The resort was 5 star. Good Holiday."

• Travel date: Sun 31st of August 2008

Just Brilliant

"What can I say that has not already been said about this place, super friendly staff, excellent service as standard.

The airport pick up was first class with the manager of the hotel to meet us at 3 in the morning, nothing is to much trouble for these people.

The rooms are cleaned daily, they even have a lady member of staff should you be a lone female traveller.... She cooked delicious Indian breakfasts showing us how to make them without charge.

Greenshore is relaxed, quiet and very friendly, above all the place spotlessly clean and everything works....

Anna"

• Travel date: Fri 11th of April 2008

Hotels near Greenshore Apartments

Stayed at Greenshore Apartments? Share your insight.

Greenshore Apartments is also called