Good

Excellent service in a quiet location

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"We stayed here for four days over the Republic Day long weekend and I must say I was feeling wary after reading the reviews here. The rooms were a little old and tired, but everything was functional and once we were shown how to use the hot water we were comfortable in our beach front cottage. Luckily though, we did have a peg to hold the main curtains shut as they didn't quite close on their own.

The resort itself was clean and comfortable and we spent lots of time lazing by the pool or on the beach. We took a walk along the beach to the nearby fishing villages for some exercise each day. We had amazing service from George, the Executive Chef, and Sebrina, the Housekeeper and found all the staff to be friendly and helpful, as were the locals when we were out walking.

It is isolated though, so if you're going to Goa for sightseeing or night life then this may not be the location for you. If however you want a peaceful holiday with everything you need on hand, then I'd recommend this place.

My best hint - try the Bay Watch BBQ restaurant rather than the buffet dinners, the fresh seafood grilled to order with healthy vegetable, rice and bread was delicious."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of January 2007

GO at your own risk

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"hi all
usually i dont write reviews about bad services but this i have been forced to as i cannot let others suffer the way we did. we went 2 goa for the first time and remained there from 20 dec to 23 dec 06. the hotel looks old and dilapidated however there were attempts going on to improve the look. the approach road to the hotel is bad, it is also badly located as the connecting road to the main bambolim is 2 kms and usually remains deserted so no public transport (rely on expansive taxi service of hotel which lets u wait for 30 min to 1 hr). rooms are okay but the furniture is old. the overall property and the landscaping are wonderful but poorly managed. the staff doesn't greet you at all. check in time around 30 min, room service or housekeeping services are non existant. they shift the responsibilities to each other and nobody cares to cater to ur demands/requests. food is very bad but priced exhorbitantly. no body seems to listen to you. ONE ADVICE: do not go on sightseeing tours arranged by the hotel: they are expansive and total waste of time. if one sightseeing tour is included in your package insist on going on it on the very first day as it is a half day tour which will waste your remaining half of the day.

beach is beautiful yet small.
TIP: if you want some cheaper food/drink while staying in the hotel ..you can try anyone of the 3-4 shacks located on the beach their service is verygood as compared to the hotel, they can also arrange a cheaper and prompt taxi for you.

one last word.. if you are going to goa for the first time just dont go there as it is an isolated place but if u want to spend ur time only on the resort itself then it is ok place.

abhishek"

• Travel date: Sun 24th of December 2006

Horrible place

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"It took us three goes to get a decent room. The first one we were shown had all the electrics hanging out the ceiling, above the shower. I wouldn't mind if we had booked last minute, but had booked seven months before. We had a letter from Portland some time before to say they had down-graded the hotel. But they didn't down-grade the price though did they? The food was disgusting. Each morning one of the chefs was kept busy cooking omlettes, as this was the only edible food. I now know NEVER to go to anything in Goa below a 4* hotel. The only good thing was most of the staff were nice and polite."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of April 2006

I would not go there even if I was paid!

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"Was placed in this hotel for a week holiday, lasted a day and our tour operator moved us with no fuss and at no charge. This hotel has been over rated in any literature the hotel prints. Its facilities are non existant. The rooms have mould growing and damp ceilings due to badly fitted air con. The windows in our room were cracked and taped up. The shower was rusty with no bath which had been stated in description. The pool was green and you came out of it dirty. The beach was covered in dog muck. we witnessed a rat running through the restaurant. This hotel is isolated, it was like being in a prison. THIS HOTEL SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN BY ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH."

• Travel date: Fri 21st of April 2006

Bambolin Beach Hotel Resort

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"I with my wife stayed at this hotel for 28 days from the 18th Feb to 17 March 2006 I had a great time, and met a number of people who would not go anywhere else in Goa from people fom Sweden and British some who had been there for 13 years on the trot, the problem is that lots of people want 5 star hotels at 3/4 star prices.The staff were always helpful friendly and I could get most things I wanted virtually straight away if anything was wrong in my room I could get it done very quickly in the end I felt I was one of the family and would reccomend this hotel to most people
We were staying B/B but on occasions we eat in eating lobster for 300 Ruppees (£4 ) and a veery large one for 600 Rupees (£6) you wo,nt get that in the U K
And as for the rooms the sheets and towels were change EVERY day you do,nt get that every where"

• Travel date: Mon 17th of April 2006

Do not let Thompson Holidays or others advise that this is a good Hotel

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"Whatever happens do not allow Thompson or other travel agents to let you anywhere near this hotel. My family and I have just returned 23rd Feb 06. The place is disgusting, not a 2T hotel its dirty, out of the way and could do with any refurbish. On reflection it is probably where the locals would live in luxury, but not for us civilised people.

All I can say is do not "GOA" there.

Goa itself is very nice, friendly people and cheap to eat out and aslo to visit the attractions."

• Travel date: Tue 28th of February 2006

Horrible Experience !!!

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"Had booked a 2night/3days package. It was my first visit to Goa with my husband and the most horrible one too. From the time we checked into the restaurant till we could leave nobody seemed to care. Firstly, they made us wait in the lobby for almost 1/2hr although we had done the booking from Mumbai itself and had made the full payment. They were supposed to serve a so-called “Welcome Drink” which was never served. We had opted for a deluxe room sea facing but it just didn’t seem like a deluxe room. The rooms were stinking of dampness, poorly lit, bathroom had lots of leakages and poor drainage, horrible and tasteless food, pathetic room service and the beds were bad (one mattress was too hard while the other one was too soft). And to top it the restaurant was very unhygienic while we were having our dinner a “Lizard” fell right into our food. We checked out the next day itself, no compensation for the bad service and no apology either. No one seemed to care.

Wouldn’t ever recommend this hotel to anyone its purely a waste of time and money. This has been A Very Disappointing Experience."

• Travel date: Sat 11th of February 2006

Terrible

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"Hi,
the basic problem with the resort is there is no one to take care for you.
I never went there but now i'm not even interested to go there. I tried to book honeymoon package for myself and even mailed them many times, but it seems there is no one to check the email.
Second thing I even called personally many times and the sales department commited everytime that they are sending me details but they never.
its very painful. No one even confirmed about the availability.

If they are treating so badly before you go there then think about the post treatment."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of November 2005

beautiful beach, awful hotel

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"Four of us recently spent three nights at the Bambolim Beach Resort in Goa, India, and though the setting was beautiful with lovely landscaping and a secluded beach, we will not be returning to this hotel. Rooms were old and grimy -- we had a cockroach in one room and a large hole in the patio door of another, and the beds had a sour, unpleasant smell. During our stay, the electricity and water (both hot and cold) were frequently off, the telephone lines were down (internet too), televisions and/or remotes were broken, air conditioning did not work consistently, and most of the health club amenities that they advertise (gym, steam room, sauna) were out of order. Service was also spotty, as we arrived at 5 pm after a long and bumpy car ride and had to wait an hour for our room to be cleaned, and maintenance and concierge were often more clueless than helpful. Aryuvedic massage was a bizarre, oily experience. It's too bad that the facilities were so abysmal, as the setting truly is lovely, but at the rates they charge, we cannot recommend this resort until improvements are made."

• Travel date: Sat 22nd of January 2005

Let me tell you the best and my favourite hotel in Goa

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"I am a German, and I visit Goa very often. I have been to most of the hotels in GOA!!! , I have tried all different kinds of hotels.. luxury... semi luxury... super delux... all kinds... but my favourite hotel is bambolim beach resort .. it is marvelous and what excites me about it is that the property is right on the beach.

I was very much surprised to see the guests enjoying bz fishing in the bay watch restaurant during the high tide... and the banyan tree is jus marvelous... the resort has a stage which is actually built on a 500 yr old banyan tree.... the banyan tree reminds me of tarzan...

In bambolim it was altogether a different experience for me... you name it and they have it may it be the water sports.. ayurvedic massage centre.. yoga... the place is like a real heaven on earth... it is also very very cheap and affordable...

Beleive me .... the best hotel in Goa!!!

Whenever iam visiting the place... I do my booking through Mr. Kenneth Silveira ( the reservation incharge) on the mail address [email protected] or jus call him on his mobile +91-9422059688 , and he takes personal care of each and every guest.

Visit ---- for any further details...

Believe me... the best resort with very friendly staff.... and it is so professional..., that is what I like the most about the place... the restaurant and the food was excellent... the goan food and the sea food is the speciality... My taste buds have already started watering jus thinking about the delicacies and I have eated some deserts that I have never tasted in my life... The typical goan delicacies.

Best among everything is that the cocktails in the bar counter are so very cheap... the drinks are very exotic.

If I start talking about the place... I can simply never stop...
May be you can visit the place.. and give some reviews about it...

Believe me...