About Sun City Resort

• coffee tea maker
  • 24 hour security
  • taxi service

Good

Quaint but not the best of service.

Good
Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"The Hotel is well located and while not on the beach is only a 5 minute walk across the Calangute Baga Road.

The layout of the rooms and the property is great with a fantastic and decent sized pool (which was clean and well maintained!)

I was given a room on the second level at the far end of the property which had a fantastic view of the fields and the greenery and plenty of ventilation.

The room service was terrible! I was there for three nights and ordered one dinner, a couple of breakfasts and some snacks. They never got my order right once! And the time lag on the order was inconceivable. I got a lot of apologies but they didnt get it right the next time or the next. If you stay here, recommend eating at any of the shacks (most were closed at it was off-season) or any of the other hotels.

All said and done, the rest of the stay was good. Had a fantastic time and the location and comfort made up for the deficiancies. It's not at the same scale of properties I normally stay in, but I factored all that in my review. And it was a steal!"

• Travel date: Mon 16th of November 2009

A great place to chill out and unwind

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"Having done a quick bit of research prior to leaving the UK I'd scribbled down the name, Sun City. As it was off season we took a chance when we arrived at the airport and got a taxi straight to Sun City. Our luck was in. We ended up staying for 10 days!! The hotel was lovely, the rooms were very spacious and clean. The staff were very attentive and we were looked after really well. Food at the hotel was also great offering a wide variety of all cuisines.
Baga beach, bars, restaurants and shops were just a short walk. I'd definately return.
Thanks to Deepak and all the staff"

• Travel date: Fri 25th of September 2009

Great place for some quiet time

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"My family spent a few days at Sun City Resorts whilst on holiday. As it was off-season, we were able to avail of a really great deal (true value for money) that Jet Airways had in collaboration with Sun City Resorts.

The package included a four day and five night stay, airport pick up/drop off, all three meals and sight seeing. The staff at the hotel were very courteous and extremely helpful.

The whole theme of the resort is very interesting - i found it a rather interesting piece of architectural work with earthen tones.The resort has a great pool, lawn tennis, pool, table tennis, a gym and a business center - enough to keep occupied during our stay.

The food at Sun City was outstanding. We looked forward to every single meal from their rather varied menu. There were different types of cuisines and we especially enjoyed some of the Indian & Goan preparations.

Baga beach is a pleasant five minute walk from Sun City and the very famous Calangute beach about 20 mins. So in all ways the location of the resort is very convenient, even though its about 45 mins away from the airport.

I would strongly recommend Sun City resorts - had a great time there and would definitely love to go back sometime!"

• Travel date: Sun 7th of June 2009

Great...Value for money

Reviewed Sat 23rd of February 2013

"A great hotel...real value for money...big pool...good gym...very courteous staff...nice bar...clean room...excellent food...2/3 minute walk to Baga beach and other hot spots...what more one needs...I am already planning my next trip in January."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of May 2009

Great place to chill

Reviewed Tue 19th of February 2013

"we had planned a vacation from 24th Jan to 30th Jan and after spending a lot of time on different sites reading tonnes of reviews and going thru those specially crafted pictures of different hotels, one of the best decisions we made was to book a hotel only for 2 days. In Goa, we looked around different properties and finally settled for Suncity resort from 26th till 30th Jan.

Excellent place, Great location, Very cordial and helpful staff, Prompt service and one of the best and clean Swimming pools with a bar.

This is a new hotel with best of all amenities and room service. It is very near to Baga beach - maybe 3-5 minutes walk to the best shacks on the beach. We were two families and had hired an open jeep for our stay. The hotel has proper parking area also.

Overall great place to chill in Goa. The only downside was that the dinner was being offered only till 10:30 PM (that is when celebrations start in Goa - Have given them the feedback and hope they act on the feedback). Wednesdays they have evening parties over dinner. Our families had a great fun time."

• Travel date: Fri 13th of February 2009

Loved the Place

Reviewed Thu 7th of February 2013

"I was in Goa to spend New Years & stayed at Sun City.
The resort is well laid out, spacious rooms, CLEAN rooms (most important), well lit unlike many other places in Goa.
Very friendly staff, always ready to help. Great food, I ordered room service at 4am & got prompt service.
Nice pool with a bar.
Great place right in Baga with the Beach a stones throw away.

I would definately stay there whenever i am in Goa & recommend the same to other travellers."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of January 2009

Its a great resort, esp it is in bagga, close to all the places we love to visit

Reviewed Sun 10th of February 2013

"SunCity Resort, Goa.

A beautiful resort, with a great bar pool, great service and very centrally located at bagga. I enjoyed this place more so coz, after living at cavala, ronalds, and loads of others inlcluding all the five stars, if you want to have a great stay, with the amenities of a mini 5 star, this is the place. The bathroom could do with a makeover, though.

the pool offers a great chill out place with great music and a bar, we even did salsa in the pool !

kerala auyurvedic spa is in the next building and ilf you have been already pampered by those luxury hotels, then going down the street for a massage might make you throw up (cleanliness not being a strong point, at those places) so anyway, this massage place at the hotel was super clean and we had a great time.

whats best is that zanzei bar is just a walking distance.

we actually made the most of goa despite the low buzz due to threat."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of January 2009

Amazing Holiday

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"My family ( wife and 2 daughters aged 11 & 16 and myself ) wanted to spend this New years outside Mumbai so decided to go to Goa. We stayed at The Sun City Resort, Goa from 26 Dec 08 to 4 Jan 09, actually had to push ourselves very hard to leave and get back home,. we were booked till the 2nd but we extended for further 2 days.

The hotel is magnificent and we have never experienced such incredible service before. It was so lovely that it was hard to drag ourselves away from the hotel to go to the beach.

The pool is wonderful and has a bar in it. other attractions are a cricket pitch, tennis court, mini golf, a fantastic gym etc. The buffet breakfast was sumptuous. The hotel served us Indian, Continental & Chinese food, one dish was to beat the previous.

As far as location goes I dont think there could be a better location than this. it is walking distance from Baga Beach.

Overall I can just say we all had a blast."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of January 2009