heaven

Reviewed Tue 1st of March 2016

"Just got back from a two month stay in Sandray and I just cannot say enough good things about this fabulous resort.This was our second two month stay and we have already booked another two months for 2017.
My wife and I like to think of Sandray as our little piece of heaven.Clemont and his staff are ever caring and ever friendly.They just could not do enough for us and always with a smile.
We had a lovely meal on the Bondla patio for my wife's birthday and for the second year in a row,Clemont surprised my wife with a lovely birthday cake and a beautiful bouquet of flowers.
That is the caring type of staff who manage Sandray.The rooms were cleaned to perfection every day and as Clemont mentioned "whatever the problem, please let me know and I will rectify it" I could go on and on but I think you get the picture, lol
January just can't come soon enough for us."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of February 2016

Couldn't expect better

Reviewed Fri 4th of September 2015

"We've just returned from an extended stay at Sandray and did not regret one moment of our stay. Nothing is too much for Clement the manager who even used his own car at no charge to take my wife to hospital when she had a slight problem. The other staff are extremely helpful and Kamal, the chef produces fantastic food.
I can't praise this resort highly enough. We've stayed at other places in Goa but this place beats the lot considering it is not overpriced.
We'll certainly come again. Stuart and Mary May to August 2015"

• Travel date: Tue 1st of September 2015

Bad Location - Expensive - Misleading Website

Reviewed Mon 13th of January 2014

"When reviewing a hotel I ask myself two questions:

1. Would I come back and stay here again? and
2. Would I recommend this hotel to my friends and family?

'No' would be the answer for both questions for the Sandray LUXURY Resort.

And here are my reasons:

Location:
- Quotes from their website state: '..high class residential area..', ' near to the ... beach', '... amongst exclusive surroundings...'
- None of the above is true; the beach is far away, at least a 20 minutes’ walk mostly along busy streets; as for the 'affluent neighborhood', look at the pictures and judge for yourself (note the pigs on the adjacent property)

Expensive:
- relative to other available accommodation in Goa, the Sandray LUXURY Resort is expensive

Penny-Pinching:
Worst of all we felt that the owners really took us for every penny (or pence) they could, here is why:
1. the full amount for our stay had to be paid two full months in advance;
2. Payment is 100% non-refundable; example: we had booked and paid for two suites but my in-laws couldn’t travel for health reasons and we had to cut our stay short to be with them. We asked for a refund for their suite almost two days before their arrival but the owners would not even consider a partial refund.
3. payment can be made by credit card or by bank-to-bank BUT either way, you will be charged 7% or 3% respectively for the charges Sandray has to pay; ask yourself what other hotel makes you pay for the merchant fee on a credit card purchase?
4. then there are the silly additional charges (see attached photo from their guest manual), like:
o INR 100 per HOUR for using the internet, or
o INR 25 per day for using the room safe, or
o INR 100 per night for getting the remote control for the dvd player, and even better,
o INR 4,000 if you were to climb over one of their walls!

Miscellaneous:
- Overall Suites were spacious and clean
- Local Staff was very friendly and helpful – Clement was wonderful!
- Beds were very hard, and despite the owner’s claim that softer mattresses are not suitable for the Indian climate, we happened to stay at many other hotels that had far superior beds/mattresses
- Food from their restaurant was mediocre at best and even the breakfast cereal was stale
- Internet was slow and unreliable; weekend outage couldn’t be fixed until Monday

Lessons learnt: don’t pay hotels in advance unless it is, at least in part, refundable; don’t book a long stay at any hotel without having seen it in person; don’t believe everything that is written on a website"

• Travel date: Sun 12th of January 2014

Really enjoyed our stay

Reviewed Thu 12th of December 2013

"This super place was exactly what we expected after reading their ads. It’s a small, really quiet resort with a lovely pool area and beautiful gardens all set within a coconut plantation. It not right on the beach but that suits us as you seldom get such quiet and peaceful locations where there are loads of beach comers and shops. Five minutes by cheap taxi and we were there. The staff are great and the food cooked by the in house chef was delicious. We were their for two weeks, our first time in Goa and they really made us feel welcome. The apartments are clean and totally adequate. We look forward to returning next year. Simon and Kate November 2013"

• Travel date: Thu 12th of December 2013

Loved the location

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"We have just returned from a trip to India and our stay at the Sandray Resort, Goa. The room was clean and well presented, the decor beautifully done. The bathroom was large and airy and the pool although it was unheated was great. Our children had it almost to themselves. The staff were very courteous and helpful and the food served was great.

The resort is surrounded by a grove of coconut trees so waking up to the beautifully surroundings was fantastic.

The only unfortunate event was the burning of rubbish each evening by the neighbours which drove us indoors until it was completed. (No fault of the resort).

Highly recommended for couples & families. The location suited us for a bit of peace and quiet and was close enough to walk to the main shopping strip."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of January 2008

An excellent choice for a Goan holiday

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"We stayed at the Sanray Luxury Resort in November 2007 for a week with friends and shared one of the four apartments. We found our stay very pleasant and following an unfortunate 22hr delay at Gatwick to the start of our holiday, relaxed straight away!!! The apartment was very clean, well equiped and comfortable and the resort staff very attentive. We found that the food from the chef at the Sandray Restaurant was excellent and varied (and very good value for money).

Overall our experience was excellent and we would thoroughly recommend this resort for it's high standard of accomodation and service. This resort also has an impressive villa with private roof garden over-looking the pool which we would want to try on a future holiday!"

• Travel date: Sun 13th of January 2008

Sandray is Absolutely Fabulous,

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"My family of 5 stayed at The Sandray luxury resort 2/12/07 - 24/12/07. Having seen the pictures of it on the internet, I wasn't sure what to expect as we all know that at times the reality doesn't match up. I am pleased to tell you that it is EXACTLY as it is shown, and the experience of it is even better. The resort is small, 5 apartments, and our apartment was beautifully clean and well furnished. The pool was superb and the children enjoyed a swim most mornings before breakfast. The surrounding beaches and towns had many places to eat and since this was the first time we had visited India, we wanted to experience lots of different places. We did however eat at the resort several times and the food was fabulous. You can be served in the restaurant or in your room, and our compliments go to the chef, weather we had breakfast, lunch or dinner the food was fresh and very tasty. We were also impressed that all leftover produce from the resort is given to the local churches to be distributed amongst the more needy in the community. The resort itself is beautifully manicured with some beautiful plants shrubs and flowers, again all planted with conservation in mind. The staff have managed to find a brilliant balance between leaving you to your privacy, and being very friendly and helpful, and there is 24hr security at the gate. The resort was a lovely size, so that it wasn't over crowded, it was beautiful, and it was very comfortable, I seriously cant praise the resort and the staff enough. The beach was about 10 minute taxi ride, and cost around 50 rupees, and there is a taxi driver at the resort who is very helpful and friendly. The Sandray Luxury Resort helped make out first trip to India very memorable, and we will definately be going back to stay there again."

• Travel date: Sat 5th of January 2008

Loved Colva

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"I spent 9 days at Sandray and had the most relaxing and comfortable time. The accomodation was superb. Immaculately clean and very tastefully furnished. The staff exceedingly helpful and polite.The chef producing the BESTcuisine I had during my stay in Colva.The resort were able to arrange transport using two extremely polite cab drivers who were very knowleagible,suggesting places to visit.
I was thrilled to find Sandray situated in a quiet and secluded area as I did not want to be on top of the beach,however, I enjoyed my 30 minute walk to the beach and a tuk tuk ride back to Sandray!
Each morning I would have a swim in the small but adequate pool and enjoy breakfast sitting on my small terrace area listening to the sounds of the numerous birds including a colourful kingfisher who enjoyed being photograhed!
I visit India every year spending a month at a time and this was a quick extra break. I had never visited Goa before and have to say I was so happy to have chosen Colva and Sandray Resort. I would thoroughly recommend it to ANYONE."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of December 2007

Sandray,. An affordable gem

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"This was perfect for our requirements. A small scale exclusive 'resort 'suitable for independent travellers who want something more comfortable than a beach hut, yet reasonably priced. Staff very obliging, accommodation modern and spacious, lovely pool, food of a high standard and location quiet. Though not located next to the beach, it's only a 5 min taxi ride on a Tut Tut. We also liked the flexibility of both length of stay, which does not have to be in full weeks and type of board, whih can be decided on the day.
My husband was not very keen on a vacation in India but after this visit he is sold on Goa. We spent New Year 2007 at Sandray and are returning for a second year 2008. The English owners do not reside there but their influence gives a European feel to the package on offer in terms of organisation, attitude and efficiency. Highly recommended."

• Travel date: Thu 13th of December 2007

Fantastic Holiday!

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"We have been visitin Goa since 1994 and this is the best resort we have stayed at so far - goes to the top of our list!

We stayed at the Sandray Luxury Resort for 33 days guring September and October 2007 - it was a fantastic holiday. The staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble! The accommodation is first class and was in very good, clean condition. Clearly the best reosrt in Colva.

Everthing on the web site is correct - the food was excellent, clearly a professional chef! Especially his King Fish meals . . .

Jean & Clive Rowley"

• Travel date: Wed 7th of November 2007

Enjoyed to the fullest

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"We stayed there in May 2007. We really enjoyed our stay there. Our kids really enjoyed playing in swimming pool. The staffs are friendly
and co operative. I would definitly recommend this resort in goa."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of May 2007

Paradise Gained

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"This was my first experience of Goa. Sandray Luxury Resort was complete and utter paradise for someone like myself with an extremely demanding, though very rewarding job in the caring profession. The stresses and pressures of my everyday life just melted away as I relaxed by the pool in the idyllic tropical garden.

The apartment was cool and relaxing affording me complete privacy when I needed it. I was impressed by the cleanliness of the resort and the helpfulness of the staff at all times - and the food! Well, nothing less than completely delicious, be it authentic Goan dish or simply one of the chef's breakfast omlettes!!

In fact I can't wait to return in November."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of April 2007

Hotels near Sandray Resort

Top traveller tips for Sandray Resort

• stuart A by stuart A

"Do a walk on the wildside with Shiva and spot loads of birds and wildlife. Have a walk through a real Indian forest (they call them jungles but theyre not) "

• scotty rtd by scotty rtd

"visit the Anjuna market for bargains or even just for the experience. Vist Old Goa to see history "

Sandray Resort is also called