getlstd_property_photo

Worth Staying

Reviewed 29th March 2013

"Located near to Beach, having a wonderful swimming pool & Spa-"Karma" and overall a very happening place."

• Travel date: 13th June 2010

Lot's to do

Reviewed 27th March 2013

"The perfect place if all you're looking for is hanging out at the hotel. With lots of entertainment in the form of games, swimming pools, a discotheque, restaurants and garden, you never have to leave the place."

• Travel date: 31st May 2010

Great location friendly atmosphere...

Reviewed 28th March 2013

"The staff are so friendly and the atmosphere is calm and tranquil. You can go on many trips from here too. We had a great time staying here in April. You can get to all parts of Goa from here. Visit the markets and enjoy dolphin trips and visits to beautiful beaches. Recomend going out on mopeds. Thoroughly recommended. A+"

• Travel date: 28th May 2010

Horribly Dirty- Avoid it at all costs!

Reviewed 22nd March 2013

"My wife and I booked an exchange week with RCI from 24 April to 1st May 2010. We stayed in Villa number V021. The week was a terrible experience, the villa and resort was horribly dirty, poorly maintained and not fit to be used by people from developed countries. The pool area was noisy with loud music playing most of the day and dirty. The food and drink served around the pool was slow to be delivered and of a poor quality. We have lodged a formal complaint with RCI and asked for the resort to be withdrawn from their programme. The only good part was a very nice door front door man. Avoid!"

• Travel date: 22nd May 2010

Superb

Reviewed 23rd March 2013

"this is the best among all royal resort in Goa. Its near to south goa beach. spacious rooms and very much clean, room service is very good and the ambiance is nice as well. SPA, swimming pool are there as well. each room has balcony. the best part is its location. you can find all water sports near by. This was the first trip of mine with my wife. and we had an amazing experience there."

• Travel date: 10th May 2010

A Resort with all activities

Reviewed 30th March 2013

"Haathi mahal is a wonderful place to go if you want to relax and enjoy your holidays. They have daily activities like Magic show etc and the resort is located very close to the Cavesolim Beach and if you are going to goa with your family Haathi mahal is the right place"

• Travel date: 6th May 2010

More then a home away from home

Reviewed 21st March 2013

"On arrival I was welcomed by probably the most friendly doorman in India. But not just him, the whole team was always helpful and attentative. I never heard a "sorry-this is not possible", everyone tried their best to fullfil my wishes. The SPA is wonderful. Very nice atmosphere and great treatments for a very reasonable price. Loved the food. You need to try the prawns rapped in bacon. Just delicious. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. Every evening I had a little surprise waiting for me on my bedsheats. One day it was an elephant the other day a little lobster made out of bathroom towels and flowers. So nice."

• Travel date: 14th April 2010

Kids love it!!

Reviewed 31st March 2013

"We have been a regular visitor of Goa for past few years now. Past 2 years we have been staying at Haathi Mahal. It is great resort hotel developed by RGBC. It is great place to stay. The Swimming pools are really cool and you can spend entire day in it. they have 4 swimming pools and a jacuzzi, which itself is another fun item for entire family. The hotel shop is stuffed with good merchandise and has items required for comfortable home stay. But little challeng is on the external part of resort. The water sports are literally monopoly of a person named Sam!! His rates are more than the rates available at other nearby beaches and quality of service is just average. For any external conveyance you have to depend on the taxi services available outside, who have also made their own cartel. No tourist bus services are available from Haathi Mahal. But, hotel location is good, beach is clean and nice place to enjoy."

• Travel date: 3rd April 2010

Not as good as it once was

Reviewed 26th March 2013

"I stayed for a week in February 2010 with my mum and husband. We stayed in a room in this hotel, through Going Places, when it first opened and this time we stayed in a two bedroom appartment through Club La Costa. CLEANLINESS The reception, pool, spa and main areas were all clean. Our appartment was clean inside when we arrived but the patio area and outside tables and chairs were filthy. We had an ongoing issue as they kept forgetting to clean our room, or to replace the towels or give us toilet roll. Every day we had to remind them about something basic which you do not need/want on holiday. LOCATION Its actually better than when we first went as there are more places to eat and shops. It's fine for trips and the beach is not far to walk. ROOMS The rooms are ok. We think ours MAY have been one of the ones that had been recently done up and if it was this is worrying as it was just OK. If not then I am sure it will be fantastic when done. We had two bedrooms, 2 showerrooms, kitchen/dinning/livingroom area. There was no room to put anything in the showerooms. In the living room there was a couch and two chairs. The couch was next to useless as it had a hard outer edge that was so uncomfy on your legs the only way to use it was to lie on it. Good satalite TV selection. SERVICE Great service when we arrived and down hill after that. We complained all the way to the Genernal Manager due to the poor housekeeping service and frankly, while he did sort this out for our remaining two days, he was more interested in trying to sell us his version of timeshare over our Club La Costa one! We ate in the restuarant one night and the food and service were terrible so we did not eat there again. This is sad as the last time we stayed for two weeks and ate there most nights - its gone very down hill. On three out of seven days there were not enough sun beds at the pool and staff would find you one - but only when pushed - despite notices that leaving towels on beds was not allowed which was irritating. Spa staff were excellent. VALUE We used Club La Costa points and the amount was probabally ok. The food was overpriced and not great. We got great deals on the Spa as we were with Club La Costa. The Spa is worth a visit and the normal prices are about the same as at home. If having a manicure or pedicure bring top and base as they do not supply this - but I have suggested they should. SLEEP QUALITY Beds were fine and the place was quiet. We had an issue that we were too cold with the air con on and too hot without it but that was due to the position of our room. My mum (who feels the heat more than me) was lovely and cool with no air con. IN SUMMARY British, Russian and German tour companies use the hotel and the appartments are for Time Share owners - who seemed to be mainly British and Indian when were were there. I would go back but more on what I remember from my last visit - in the hope that the poor service was just a blip. The pools are nice and so is the Spa. Our overall general feeling is it is not as good as it was. TOP TIP - Visit the megga posh hotel Leela - about 10 mins by taxi - their buffet is actually good value - but don't drink alcohol as it will double your bill!!"

• Travel date: 29th March 2010

Great Ambience across the Resort !

Reviewed 19th March 2013

"Had anxious moments till I reached this resort. This was due to the mixed reactions I got from reviews. Thankfully my experience staying here was great. It is a good resort, well maintained & staff who are helpful & understanding. During check-in the resort was kind enough to upgrade me to a 2BR appt from a 1BR appt as we needed Full Kitchen facilities. There was an initial Mix-up between them & RCI but was solved before we reached Goa. Though food in the restaurant is overpriced, dont dare to call in for roomservice as it is charged 20% more. Silly but true. Food quality (Non Veg) in Casa Lisboa was awsome though. (Dont miss Rawa fried prawns !) A shopping place & 2 road-side restaurants across the resort are an option for people finding prices of resort food high. SuperMarkets next to & in the resort will fetch you all you need to cook your own food if your appt / villa has a cooking facility. Mandar"

• Travel date: 3rd December 2009

Very Disappointing

Reviewed 20th March 2013

"I have waited years to go to Goa, and I went through Club La Costa, the room we were given was filthy and we asked to be moved, the second room was not much better, the whole hotel looked run down and very tired. I have read other reviews here and am so surprised at the good comments that are written, were we just unlucky with the room I don't know??, but even the parasols around the pool were broken. But please don't let me put you off going to Goa, it was fantastic, the atmosphere is wonderful the people are very gentle and the whole experience was fantastic, I can't praise Goa and the people enough, if you get the chance get off any resort you choose, and see the back roads and real GOA, if you have the courage hire a scooter and travel up and down the coast to see some wonderful sights and sunsets, and the real life they lead, it is such an eye opener, and I can honestly say it is the only place I have ever visited that left me with a real jolt in my chest. So much so that I am arranging to go and live there for a few years and write a book. Don't expect it to be like the UK, and just wait until you see how cheap the meals are and so delicious, I really don't know how they produce such fantastic meals in the beech shacks, and try to appreciate that the beach hawkers are just trying to get enough to provide a very basic meal for their family usually just some rice and Nan bread. Go and enjoy the experience, but choose your accommodation carefully."

• Travel date: 2nd October 2009

great getaway

Reviewed 25th March 2013

"We spent a week at this resort where there is not really that much to do - except laze on the beach and relax. It is a ten-minute walk to the beach - and you can also go into town, by bus or taxi, if you want to shop or sight-see. There was a great pool, and the villas were really comfortable and well-kept. The service was excellent -- the villas were cleaned and maintained very well, every day . The restaurant was rather over-priced ! There were entertainment programmes every evening, and a well-stocked library too !"

• Travel date: 11th June 2009

Hotels near Karma Royal Haathi Mahal

Karma Royal Haathi Mahal is also called

• Royal Goan Beach Club at Haathi Mahal
  • royal goan beach salcette
  • royal goan beach hotel