Airconditioned Room

• complimentary toiletries
  • hindi

LA BEN WONDERFUL

Reviewed 8th December 2012

"This is a reply to the review from the lady who claims the hotel is dangerous and that she could not lock her door. We have been staying at La Ben every year for at least the past 9 years and we have never had a problem the staff have been excellent the rooms clean and comfortable and the owner has always been extremely helpful. we will continue to go there."

• Travel date: 25th September 2009

Unsafe rooms and unsympathetic staff. DANGEROUS

Reviewed 30th November 2012

"I am a solo woman traveller and had a very unfortunate incident at this hotel. The door to my room does not have an inside deadbolt (of which I hadn't previously realised the importance) and I woke up in the middle of the night with a man lying next to me in my bed. After screaming bloody murder, I called the hotel security, who spoke no english, but by that time the intruder had run down the hall and presumably to the roof top. I kept telling the hotel staff to call the police, which they refused to do. They were confused as to how this could've happened (first time in 17 years, apparently!) but were not willing to investigate. The door had NOT been broken into, so it could only be a staff member; besides, only the staff could know I was alone in the room. But the manager kept defending his staff. After calling my embassy for advice, the hotel manager started yelling at me that now the hotel's reputation would be damaged. Of course he wouldn't hear of refunding me the 2 nights I had already prepaid. The police were never informed nor was there any investigation into the matter. The only thing the staff cared about was to keep it quiet lest it tarnish their reputation."

• Travel date: 23rd May 2009

Friendly, great location and very good value for money

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"We stayed at La Ben for 4 nights at the end of 2 months traveling and volunteering all around India. When we got to Goa we were exhausted and Colva was a fabulous place to relax. The staff at La Ben made or stay even more enjoyable. The hotel is very close to an amazing tropical beach, the weather was fabulous even when it rained. The room we had was basic but had air con, a balcony and a private bathroom. A basic breakfast was provided each day but you could order more. The highlight was the staff nothing was too much trouble for them to organise and you were always greeted with a warm smile. Perfect for an affordable end to an amazing adventure."

• Travel date: 15th March 2009

Not luxury but good value and more than adequate

Reviewed 8th December 2012

"If you want 5 star luxury or plush rooms, go somehere else. If you want excellent value and a very central location in Colva, this may be for you. This is a clean and very friendly place to stay. Dennis is so helpful, he will book good value taxis for you. Location is fabulous, central and very near the beach. There's no pool but we wouldn't use that anyway so not an issue for us when the most gorgeous beach is on your door step. Rooms were fine , as usual for Goa, mattresses hard and this but we got used to that. Bathroom fine, we had no hot water in our room, but didn't complain as it was too hot to have hot showers in any case, my parents had very hot water though. Breakfasts fine, we ate in the hotel a couple of times and had fabulous pomfret but chicken was a bit dodgy! From our past experience of cheap accomodation in Goa, this ranks amongst the best. My parents, who are in their 60's ,came with us, and they would stay here again. Rooms were cleaned every day, and towels changed (towels not fluffy etc but fine) every other day. Rooms could do with a lick of paint. Mariano, the waiter ,was on the surface, very slow and ponderous but revealed an excellent sense of humour. Dennis the manager was really helpful, he bought my partner abitrhday present when he found out it was her birthday, which was lovely. We've stayed in North Goa and in Cavellosim, and found Colva to be the best place we've been to so far, we'd come back here again without hesitation."

• Travel date: 15th March 2009

Love the roof top restaurant and nearness towards the beach

Reviewed 30th November 2012

"The hotel is small and cosy, the greatest part about the hotel that Colva beach is just walking distance from the resort and you never feel you are away from the beach. Food was good and so was the service. I would definitely visit the place again"

• Travel date: 25th November 2008