Good

Awesome experience. Breathtaking view. comfortable and homely cottages

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"Holiday Cottage at Simsa was a great experience for our vacation last weekend. Holiday Cottage proved to be a wonderful place to stay, spectacular views, great food and remarkable value for money. We had Valley facing room. View from the room and balcony was great and overlooks the snow-peak mountain. The most interesting part was the hospitality of the staff and the owner Roshan. The food was prepared in the kitchen of the cottage as per your requirement and served really hot and very tasty. Cottages are very well maintained and furnished. It was a home away from home.
The best part is it is away from the hustle and bustle of Manali town and has a peaceful quiet ambience of its own.

Roshan is a fantastic gentleman and so are the rest of the people, who look after the cottage and its guests. In fact Roshan added value to my trip by suggesting places to visit along with references for any assistance and also organised a white water rafting excursion for my family.
I would strongly recommend you this hotel whenever you go to Manali."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of April 2010

Pleasant Stay amidst the hills

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"Hi all,
Wonderful service with amicable gesture.
Room was good with good view of the manali snow capped hills.
we were provided with a cab with driver [ Alto ] and things were made for us more than what Mr. Roshan committed initially.
Food is also good even though we ll ve a little items in the menu card to choose.
Overall, we felt we were in the best place for our honeymoon because of the Holiday cottages team.

I wish them all success

Thanks
Venkatesan"

• Travel date: Thu 1st of April 2010

Wonderful Experience overall. Made us feel at home.

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"I have just returned from my Honeymoon trip to Manali. After a deep research about the hotels and cottages, I have closed on booking this Holiday Cottage as I preferred to stay in a cottage rather than a hotel. I feared about my choice as I have booked this cottage based on the pictures given on their website!!! And I didn't want a mess as it was my first trip after marriage. To my surprise it has exceeded my expectations by far!!!

The owner (Roshan Thakur) himself has given a warm welcome and made us comfortable. He has taken no time in allotting us the room and he himself has taken us to the room. By the time, we have settled down in the room, the breakfast was ready and ofcourse it is served at whichever place desired (I mean in the Balcony or at the sit out or in the room). We have been provided with a separate vehicle all through the stay to visit the local sight seeing places. Because of the owners humbleness, service by the staff and their pricing (which most of the people are concerned about), I have extended my stay by 2 more days.

The rooms are very clean and tidy. The bathrooms are spacious. Every cottage has a fire place where you can spend your long chilled winter evenings. It was the best experience for me. Also, there is a common dining area apart from the common living room. The cottage also gives you a provision to cook on your own if desired. Who would want to do it on a holiday? Do you?? One can see snow capped mountains right from the bed and spend hours looking at them. The cottage is 3 km away from the Mall road. Who would want to be close to the rush roads when you want to spend your holiday in peace? Do you?? Anyways, dropping facility to the Mall road is also provided by Roshan.

Food prepared by the chef is excellent. But, you have a very limited choice to make.

Overall, I would recommend this cottage to anyone who wants to spend their holiday pleasantly away from the routine city life. This cottage is home away from home."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of February 2010

Its an excellent accomodation that surpasses all expectation

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"I had read about holiday cottages online before booking and all reviewers had only good things to say about it. So our expectations from the place were high, but it beat our expectations and turned out one of the best places we have been to.

The cottage had an amazing fireplace around which we would just sit and spend hours staring at the flames and then the embers.We had been provided with a helper who serviced us very well and would cook for us and serve us yummy hot food which we would eat in the backyard staring at the beautiful snow clad mountains

The service was par excellence and the rooms were very well furnished

If you are planning to go to manali , dont even bother to look around for another place .. Holiday cottages is the place to go .. The only negative being that it is 10 mins drive from the market .. but who needs to be close it on a holiday any way"

• Travel date: Sat 9th of January 2010

Great stay

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"Great time to stay, neat and clean cottage,
friendly staff, When ever you required they will arange you cab,
Thanks for heater which are arragned in the rooms."

• Travel date: Fri 18th of December 2009

A Scenic beauty with Courteous staff

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"This cottage is located in the heart of Manali yet a lil away from the hustle bustle of Mall road. The reason for that is the scenic view that it offers right from your bedroom- Snpw capped mountains, river all can be seen from your own room

The interiors are hygienic and very neatly done. Its a lil inside main road which is what surpsrised us when we first drove thru our cab but once we entered this place everything seemed to be justified. The staff, cook and cleaners all are very nice at heart and ready to do whatever you need them to. ALl 5 days we ordered food at our room. The food quality and taste is really very nice. And best thing its cooked inside by a single cook.

The Only Con about this hotel is i would not recommedn this one for people who are not accompanied by any Cab for Manali sightseeing since the hotel is a lil inside main road."

• Travel date: Sat 5th of December 2009

nice service, personal attention

Reviewed Fri 19th of October 2012

"Holiday Cottage is a lovely place and is excellent with everything well maintainedl & above all a fabulous views. Food,Personal attention by the staff, Very neat and clean and good management ever ready to please the guests. Full Value for money..."

• Travel date: Fri 5th of June 2009