Welcome Home at Manali Heights

• sauna
  • table tennis
  • board games puzzles
  • hindi
  • kids outdoor play equipment

Grand hotel & Mystic view

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"We just returned from our summer vacation to the Himachal. Our journey from Shimla to Manali by road was through the hilly region and long, but very scenic. The weather was warm but it got cooler as we reached our destination early evening. Manali is a great escape destination from the usual busy city life. Our hotel Manali Heights was further up hill towards the highest point of the Manali hill station. The hotel property is a very warm welcome with well appointed rooms and all amenities. The reception staff & the hotel staff were very cordial and we completed our check-in formalities within 5 minutes and were led to our deluxe rooms. The hotel has deluxe and studio rooms - Spacious with a large size double bed, dressing table & chair, centre coffee table and two relaxing chairs + sofa etc. The bath room was big with all amenities like the batch tub, hot water etc. The room has wood flooring and the interiors of wall, picture frames, curtains, bedcovers, furniture upholstery etc complimented with an Indian ethnic touch! The rooms have a semi-circular balcony facing the Himalayan ranges with snow covered peaks even during the summer. The combination view of snow covered mountains and thick coniferous trees make anyone hypnotic and gaze at the scenic beauty through the rooms for hours. I am sure during the winter snow fall the surroundings would look blessed to one’s imagination. The hotel offers various package options CP, MAP, AP, etc. We opted for the MAP plan (Breakfast & dinner). They do not have a bar in the hotel, but drinks can be consumed in the rooms. The last call for dinner is at 10.30pm, and the dinning set up is a regular restaurant with a buffet layout serving combination of North Indian and Chinese cuisine. The restaurant offers live DJ nites and Gazal nites in the evening. They have a small dance floor area where one can shake a leg and rock the floor with your favorite music requests. They have a well appointed free gym facility and the sauna & steam facility comes complimentary for one use during the stay. The coffee shop at the lower level is open 24x7 and offers a good range of snack treats. The breakfast is North & South Indian combo and of good quality. The room service is excellent and laundry is at cheap rates. The guests are provided with complimentary fruit baskets, cookies, welcome cake on arrival and a traditional gift pack on check-out. Overall the experience at Manali heights is very relaxing and enjoyable for the family, as well as honeymooners @ a package cost of INR 13,000/- for 3 nights stay per couple, inclusive of breakfast & dinner. It is great value for money and one cannot ask for more!"

• Travel date: 25th May 2009

Awful place - cannot be recommend to quality travellers

Reviewed 16th October 2012

"My evaluation is based on a first impression of one deluxe room of the hotel: When I came to Manali without a booking I looked with my girlfriend at several places in order to find a decent place matching average European 4 Star Hotel standards. Due to the high ratings on tripadvisor we had a look at the Manali Heights Hotel. From the outside the hotel looked not good, but ok. However the "deluxe" room for INR 3500 which was shown to us was awful. The carpet was totally dirty - I wonder how often it got cleaned - once a month?- also the linen of the bed did not look very clean. The bathroom was also very old and due for renovation. Consequently we did not stay there and I cannot recommend this hotel to any quality traveller especially when you expect something close to European standards. Don't be misguided by the nice photos of the hotel leaflet - the quality of the deluxe rooms is way below that."

• Travel date: 28th April 2009

Excellent stay at Manali Heights

Reviewed 11th December 2012

"In late March 2009 we went to Manali for a trip - my husband, our son, my in-laws and me. After much research on the net we finalised on Hotel Manali Heights, and Im so glad we did! We got a good deal beuase it was the off season. And here's a piece of advise - it's better to go in off season - not only is the place less crowded, but the hotel staff also probably pays more attention to the guests. The hotel rooms were clean and tastefully decorated, the view from the balcony was super and the staff was extremely courteous. Everyone in my family appreciated the hotel and it's service. Since our son is very small we had some special demands as to his meals etc and they were promptly met by Chef Chauhan and his team. The hotel lawns have a lot of swings, our son loved them. We made a suggestion to the hotel to have 1-2 hammocks there as well. The view from the garden area is also magnificient. The location of the hotel is good, it's about 2-3 kms from the Mall, ideal if you have your own transport. The only disasspointment with the trip was that there was NO SNOW at Solang Nullah. We had to go up to Gulaba (which is maybe 20 kms before Rohtang Pass), but it's not the same as Solang Nullah. We went for River rafting down to Jhilmil cafe, 7 kms before Kullu. The travel desk of the hotel is well equiped and they referred us to this place. River crossing trip at Rs. 50 per head was also fun. All in all a great trip, made all the more pleasant by the hotel with its superb service - 24 hrs hot water, clean hygenic rooms, good food and excellent location!"

• Travel date: 9th April 2009

Value for money

Reviewed 8th October 2012

"My wife and I stayed at Manali Heights for 4 days during February 2009 in their deluxe room on the second floor. We arrived at 7 in the morning much before their official check-in time but were promptly shown into our room. The room was comfortably furnished with a soft bed, two single seater sofas, a tv, heater, etc. The room opened out into a balcony with a spectacular view of the snow capped himalayas and a dense green pine forest (Though I do not know whether the snow view would remain during the summer months since the snow looked kind of fresh). As regards the food the dinners are great but the breakfast is average if you are a vegetarian. I spoke to Abhinav Sood, the owner of the hotel, and he said that he would look into the matter personally. The best part about the hotel is their staff. The House Keeping was so prompt, it never took them more that a couple of minutes to attend to our whims. Similar was the case with room service. The staff was very polite and flexible and were ready to accommodate our little requests even when they were not strictly a part of the package. Now for a couple of things you should know before you book into the hotel. The place is about 2 kms away from the main market in the log huts area, very close to the Hadimba Temple. The climb is steep so walking up is a little tedious. But that is not necessarily a negative since most good hotels are a little away from the market and rickshaws are easily available. I would not recommend staying in any hotel that is bang in the middle of the market. Too noisy. The hotel has central heating but it may not be put on unless they have a certain number of rooms occupied; but they give you a separate heater which sufficed even in February. Hot water is really not so no complaints there. Over all, a great place to stay. I recommend that you talk to Mr Abhinav Sood before booking. He may be able to offer good rates."

• Travel date: 5th March 2009

For a peaceful and enjoyable stay

Reviewed 11th December 2012

"Well, let me first start by explaining the 'peaceful and enjoyable' part. We went to this place in January which is technically an off-season for Manali which I cant understand coz I feel its the best time to go to Manali when you can see the amazing snow-clad mountains. Since the hotel had only 20% occupation, we felt like we were the only people staying there most of the time. The staff were attentive to most of our whims and fancies and we had the restaurant and the mini disco to ourselves! :) It was quite peaceful! The rooms were quite spacious and comfortable although I do have to warn that the mattresses are a bit hard and I ended up tossing and turning around half the night trying to find a comfortable spot to sleep in. And for some strange reason they insisted on providing us only with a coil based heater which took ages to heat up the room. At check out time I realized that they did have a blower which they provide only to family suites and studios. WE, the poor souls in luxury room didnt deserve it! :)) The hotel also has indoor games facilities with a TT table being the main attraction for us. We ended up spending all our evenings there. Food: Very decent. If you go there on a package, you end up getting a limited a la carte dinner and not buffet. You would like it. The cookies they give in the evening are different everyday and quite good. Manali Heights is in the log hut area which s quite peaceful! The famous Hidimba temple is quie close by and so is the popular clubhouse! Its about 15 km away from the snow-point area in solang valley and you should be able to bargain for a taxi for 500 bucks from morning to evening pickup up and drop. He will wait for you at the snowpoint area till you have enough of snow! :) You can experience skiing (for beginners only) and paragliding (500 rs a jump) in solang valley. Skiing should cost you about 400 Rs per person including water proof suit, shoes and the skiing blades with a guide thrown in. Ofcourse this price is valid only for a group of 3-4 or more. bargain hard! Unfrotunately for us, Rohtang pass was closed because of heavy snow fall and we will definitely visit manali next year to go there. And yes, we will not think twice about staying at Manali Heights again. If you have come to this site wondering whether to book manali Heights or not, your search can end now :)"

• Travel date: 8th February 2009

Great stay at Manali Heights

Reviewed 2nd November 2012

"I stayed here for three nights in December. We arrived early morning at 7 am, whereas check in 12 noon. But the reception arranged for another room (not the one we booked) till 12. So that made a good start. The temporary room was in the lower floor (basement?) with garden view. This room looked pretty basic. later at 12 we got our room. Studio. These are the most expensive ones, on the top floor.. but they are beautiful! You must book these. The view from the room is amazing. Room heater was available on all days. Nice beds. Hot running water 24/7. And this was REALLY hot.. letting us have a shower even at odd hours :) Very helpful staff. Quick laundry service. Not far from town unlike many resorts in Manali. The negatives.. Blankets could be much better. Breakfast is ok, not gr8. No choice of eggs. You get one particular type on one day in their buffet (boiled/fried) , although when ordered an omlette beacuse I didnt like boiled ones , they didnt charge me for it. The travel desk can arrange for cars/ tours but we found it very pricey and had to argue with the person at times. Service in the resturant can be slow, but food is good. No other activity in the hotel except the view from room. But anyway, Manali is not a place to spend time at the hotel. Good food at Moms kitchen, which is a resturant close by. and yea most importantly, make sure you speak to Abhinav Sood and do the booking by emailing him (he is the owner I guess). Prices will be discounted heavily compared to whats mentioned on their site."

• Travel date: 13th January 2009

Simply Awesome Experience

Reviewed 2nd November 2012

"The most amazing experience that I had was during my visit to Manali Heights in April 2006.. It was a week after I got married.. Me & my wife spent a quality time at the hotel.. The staff of the hotel was reallly helpful. It was truly an amazing experience. Regards Ravinder"

• Travel date: 4th December 2008

A pleasant hotel in a friendly town

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"Nice hotel. Everything works, well kept up, decent view. Room is clean (and the cleaning people work hard to keep it that way). Ten minute walk to Old Manali and (in another direction) to New Manali as well as to restaurants. No frig, no heat, no A/C. Hot water and shower pressure is good. Staff welcoming and helpful. Breakfasts are quite good as was the one dinner I had there. I also had several dinners at Mom's Kitchen -- casual, friendly, and tasty. Special rates at Manali Heights Hotel can be had through Ritesh Sood in Manali (himalayansaga.com). Ritesh organized a reasonably priced tour for me in Himachal state complete with hotel reservations and an excellent driver -- and he and his staff was very quick and competent in making changes necessitated by armed conflict, storms, and my health. Manali is a quiet town, even in the center. People are friendly and there are a lot of foreigners enjoying the laid-back atmosphere and relatively low prices. The pot is native and grows everywhere and the living plant is handsome and fragrant. The air is fresh and invigorating. Overall, the finest hill station in Himachal (I also liked McCloud Ganj but the traffic there is intimidating)."

• Travel date: 18th October 2008

WoW!!~~ Cant get better than this!

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"It was an absolutely fabulous trip to Manali. The hotel staff was very courteous from the time we steeped into the resort. They literally spoiled us with their services and fulfilling requests from late night coffee to packed breakfast at 4 am. The best TRUTH about the resort we found from the time we booked till we checked out was that all the services and pictures they had sent at the time of booking was superseding what our expectations during our stay. The view from our luxury room was great and ghazals evenings during the dinner after a long day’s excursions. Our experience SUPERB. Keep it up!! ;)"

• Travel date: 16th September 2008

A very nice stay!!

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"It was a great stay. Very courteous staff and excellent food. The view from the room we were provided was very nice and the room was very cozy."

• Travel date: 1st March 2008