About Royal Mirage Beach Resort

• bath shower
  • baggage storage
  • car hire
  • express check in check out
  • bottled water
  • currency exchange
  • coffee shop amenities
  • game room
  • telephone
  • bicycle rental
  • russian amenities
  • wake up service alarm clock
  • nightclub dj
  • coffee tea maker

Good

!!Warning!! They dont care & can be violent

Reviewed Mon 17th of January 2011

"I visit Goa every year in Nov-Dec from London.

This time I picked this Hotel.

I stayed there four days paid very good rate

FOOD...!!! Dont bother it sucks

On last day one of their staff took towel from swimming pool..hence at checkout I was told that towel is missing. I explained the MANAGER so called Anthony..
He just wanted money and wont release my bags. In argument he almost came to hit me..At the end I ending up pay NRI 400.

What sort of MANAGER is that who just wanted money and didnt care about any customers.. So DONT STAY IN THIS HOTEL. There are better and cheaper than this hotel available in Candolim."

• Travel date: Fri 14th of January 2011

Nothing more than a Base

Reviewed Tue 11th of January 2011

"stayed here Xmas 2010 and over new year.

The complex is very very old, a bit off the beaten track, and in much need of TLC.

We booked a privately owned appartment, which was fantastic, and a number of apartments on this complex are private, and not let out by the complex.

Looking around, you could clearly see which were private and which belong to the complex, as our like others was well kept, well painted, new a/c etc etc, and others looked derelict!

again, being a private guest, we were permitted to use the facilities of the restaurant / pool, (which was just clean enough to use), but other than that, the staff could not care less about you. The nicest person we came across was the security who we did feel guilty about waking at 4am most mornings when we staggered in!!!

WE asked reception where we could place a bag of rubbish from our room, to which the reply of 'we dont know where you put your rubbish' was given.

if you do say here, book a private room. it was safe, generally clean, but please please dont expect a palace.

we ahve stayed in worse places, and stayed in better.

for a base this is fine, but If you want a pool holiday, I would not recommend it!

• Travel date: Mon 10th of January 2011

!!! Warning : Dont stay in this Hotel !!!

Reviewed Tue 11th of May 2010

"To all travelers, it’s an appeal that please do not stay in this hotel. Management and the staff members are very very arrogant. My family faced so many problems that we are now actually scared to travel back to Goa. Few Guajarati couples were also there during our visit even they had similar experience.
Problems Faced
1. Pick-up from Mapusa bus stand was at around 7.30 AM on 01-May-2010, but after making several attempts (phone calls) I got the hotel cab drop at 08.45 AM.
2. My return journey to Pune was from Panjim which I had already informed the hotel staff member (Rajesh Singh) to which he agreed also, but on the day of my journey he said that they can give drop facility only till Mapusa and not till Panjim ( from sunshine hotel both Mapusa and Panjim are 12Kms away). Finally I hired a taxi and paid Rs300/-.
3. When I complained the Hotel manager about all this his answer was every hotel in Pune and Mumbai does the same all are cheaters so nothing new about it.
4. Bed sheets and towels were changed only on request.

• Travel date: Wed 5th of May 2010

The worst hotel in Goa

Reviewed Mon 5th of October 2009

"We had gone to Goa on the long weekend of 2nd, 3rd and 4th Oct 2009. We had booked our trip through an agent, he gave us the information about this place which we found decent. So we confirmed the plan. We also visited the hotel website which was also fine. So we started our journey with a holiday mood. We reached Goa in the morning where the driver was supposed to come to pick us. The trouble started right from there only. The driver didn't come till 45 mins, it was raining heavily and we were waiting for him. We also called him and found his mobile switched off. We contacted the hotel manager, he was also helpless. Finally the driver came and we reached hotel where i got my first big shock. The overall ambience was not at all like i saw on their website. It was actually very pathetic with zero maintenance. The staff is very arrogant and non supportive. Most of the staff was guys from south east asia who were not at all able to understand what we wanted to communicate. May be a language problem. When we reached in our room, the gallary was flooded with rain water, there was no outlet for it. There was no toothpaste in the bathroom. We called up on reception to kindly provide us with a tooth paste, he said it's not a five star though they are charging big. There were hell lot of mosquitoes with no mosquito repelent arrangement. The dinner time was 9-10 pm. Food was very limited and tasteless so we ordered explicitely. We got our food after 50 min of ordering it. All other guests were also getting pissed off with the late service. There was no manager to take care of all these things. On the next day, some guests faced water problem in their washrooms. There was no water in the tap. They had a tough time, even after shouting on the staff nobody came to solve the problem. One day sight seeing trip was included in the package which was cancelled by the hotel due to heavy rains. Ideally they should refund for it but they did not. In the breakfast there was bread, butter, jam and other things. We asked them to toast the breads for which they asked for extra charge !!!!! oh common !!! we were paying already too much for such a bad service. Then finally when it was unbearable.........we decided to cut down our stay there and came back to Mumbai in two days. It was all because of the poor service of Sunshinepark Hotel. Please, if you want to enjoy and relish your holidays in Goa do not ever think of staying in this hotel. This is very very bad. The staff is just ridiculous."

• Travel date: Mon 5th of October 2009

Dont stay in this Hotel very bad management

Reviewed Thu 4th of June 2009

"I visited this hotel with my familey member we were 4 persones.As i entered in hotel i got shock that they had not allowed my driver to enter in their hotel,actully i booked through Sparow travels (malad west)when i called them they told me that this hotel is 3 star hotel in room you will get fridge ,mini bar but nothing was their actully this hotel is own by sparow travels thats the reasone they have suggested me this hotel.so i suggesting you please dont stay in thid hotel in goa."

• Travel date: Thu 4th of June 2009

STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL

Reviewed Wed 25th of March 2009

"We arrived back from Goa 3 months ago, although we have visited India and Goa many times, we were not prepared for the hotel we had paid for!
We were left on the main road to drag our own suitcases up the street to the back of the hotel, it looked asif it had been there for a century! Building and noise everywhere!
We were put on the top floor of the hotel with a balcony with crumbling balastrades and a constant smell of mould and rotting.
Of a night we were locked in at 12am, we had to wait for the security guard to open our gates at the bottom of our block. This is obviously a major safety problem. and on christmas night we got locked in at 9pm
The pool was not appealing and was wuite disgusting.
We waited 5 days to have out room cleaned and in the end I was given fresh linen and towls to make my own bed.
On New Years Eve, there was a leak in our room, we had moved hotels by this time, and the staff tried to blame us for leaving the water on!
We simply didnt stay after 6 days we moved out to "Ruffles" on the main road this was a fantastic hotel with great food and entertainment. we enjoyed out time here greatly and on asking our Olympic Holiday Representative, 3 weeks after arrival, he simply said, "Olympic could have put you in a cheaper hotel...". "

• Travel date: Wed 25th of March 2009

Do Not Stay Here !!!!

Reviewed Fri 9th of January 2009

"My husband and I booked three weeks at this Hotel. When we arrived they didn't have our booking, even though we had a copy of the confirmation. This was just as well because there was no way we were going to stay there. The whole place is disgusting - green mould is everywhere, the staircases are filthy and have never seen a brush, duster or water. I was allowed to look at one of the rooms while my Husband went to find somewhere else for us to stay and I must say I wouldn't leave my dog in such conditions. Am I glad I only paid a deposit of £30. Other couples/families we met weren't so lucky and had paid the full amount, and like us could not stay there. Goa is a lovely place, we absolutely love it. The people are so friendly and nice to you and there are some nice Hotels and Apartments, but there are some really bad ones, its just knowing which ones they are - the Sunshine Park is one of them.

• Travel date: Fri 9th of January 2009

Xmas in Goa

Reviewed Thu 1st of January 2009

"Well this was my 5th trip back to Goa and my first trip staying at Sunshine Park. My overall first impressions after a 8 hour delay were not good and i was wishing that I had booked my previous hotel, but after a few days everything changed. While the hotel is not my favourite place and it is in bad need of updating the Staff were the Best... For the cleaners who made my room spotless everyday, to the lovely reception lady Laura who made my stay just fine and became a good friend down to John and his barstaff, Sunil, Sunny, Anthony, Ajay, Gooner and Sam. They really did everything to make our holiday good...
Despite the aftermath of Mumbai Goa did struggle this xmas but my love of the place can overlook this.. Not once did i feel in danger with the extra security that had been put in place. I missed the markets but they will be back again..

Anyone wanting to visit Goa should go, but remember this is a 3rd world country and you do not get exactly what you get at home but you do get clean accommodation, really friendly people and lovely weather."

• Travel date: Thu 1st of January 2009

i would just like to say that we have st...

Reviewed Tue 1st of April 2008

"i would just like to say that we have stayed at this hotel twice now we went for xmas/new year well what can i say it was just fantastic, and we are going back there next year,the hotel is very clean a bit far from beach, but we caught a bee/beep every day for 30 rubies,there is a lovely swimming pool and you can get a bed although there are not many, cleaners were great to you ,also all the staff working there food was very good, but i cannot understand how some people say their rooms were dirty, as they are cleaned every day,and freash towels, if you didnot have them you just asked and they were bought straight away, but i must say i did buy a ring but i cannot remember the jewellers i bought it from, only that it was by floyds, it cost a bit and when i got home the big stone in the middle has dropped out,but that is the first time this has happened as i have bought many item in goa,wish we were there now,will/glynis morgan"

• Travel date: Tue 1st of April 2008

we have stayed at the sunshine park befo...

Good
Reviewed Sun 16th of March 2008

"we have stayed at the sunshine park before , although very basic ,it's quiet and out of the way, you never have trouble getting a sun bed by the pool, the staff are lovely and very very helpful as was the rep, shopping is fantastic and cheap but beware last year i bought a diamond 18 caret ring from CHANDROS JEWELLERS in candolim please DO NOT SHOP HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! as when i had the ring valued at home it turned out to be 9 caret and not 18 as i had paid for , i went to see them this year and was told i was a liar and had the ring made in the uk. and was shown off the premises"

• Travel date: Sun 16th of March 2008

The only good thing I could say about th...

Reviewed Fri 14th of March 2008

"The only good thing I could say about this hotel is the staff were brilliant, so friendly and helpfull. However the rooms are an entirely different story the worst I have ever been in, all of the rooms on the back of the blocks need a total refurbishment and although cleaned every day they are in such a bad state they look dirty and are very dark, we actually moved rooms 4 times before finding a half decent room, in the 2nd the bathroom was a live at night with all sorts of insects. If you do stay there the half decent rooms are those facing the pool so specify in your booking. The area around the hotel is dirty and you have to contend with the numerous dogs that gather at the entrance at nights (they sleep though the day and come alive at night).

Olympic should not be using a hotel in this state and the rep ageed it need a total refurb.

Overall I would not rate this hotel and would stongly advise choosing very carefully."

• Travel date: Fri 14th of March 2008

Candolimn is a very good resort for weat...

Reviewed Wed 5th of March 2008

"Candolimn is a very good resort for weather, beach and excellent restaurants. People are very friendly. The hotel rooms and stairways are very grotty, and not cleaned to a very god standard. The staff at the hotel are very friendly but lazy and slack. I had booked a room with air conditioning and a television, but when i arrived these were not in the room and although i asked again for them at reception they never surfaced. I would go back to candolimn again but not back to this hotel. Candolimn is very good for shopping. "

• Travel date: Wed 5th of March 2008

Hotels near Royal Mirage Beach Resort

Top traveller tips for Royal Mirage Beach Resort

• Andy and Matt by Andy and Matt

"book a privately owned room, only use as a base "

• DCH by DCH

"!!! Warning : Dont stay in this Hotel !!! "

• Thomason by Thomason

"Ruffles is a fantastic place, English fresh food with brilliant entertainment on each day. "

• Indy by Indy

"This location is great for wasting your Time and Money "

• mcnallym by mcnallym

"Go to Shams Shack, very friendly and can't do enough for you "

• mcnallym by mcnallym

"Never had a bad meal in any restaurant we visited. "

• tracie8 by tracie8

"A beautiful beach with some lovely beach shacks. "

• tracie8 by tracie8

"Britto's, St Anthonys and Oceanic in Baga and Little Palms, Top Nosh and Ruffles in Candolim "

Royal Mirage Beach Resort is also called