Good

When we first arrived at Dom Francisco,...

Reviewed Thu 18th of January 2007

"When we first arrived at Dom Francisco, which is now called Alor Grande, we were speechless. The hotel looked lovely and the reception was very nice. We got to our room and that was a different story.

It was at the back of the hotel and we didn't have a balcony or fridge, just 2 rooms with two beds. I was very disappointed with the room and even more when we got into bed early cause of jet lag and found we had bed bugs! This was sorted very quickly the next day we were given brand new beds and our room became bearable after the initial 1st shock. You have to remember this is a third world country. The staff in the hotel were excellent and the cleaners were superb. I have never been anywhere that I have enjoyed so much and the people are so friendly.

I would recommend this hotel just try and get a room with a balcony. Do go to Goa it is an experience you will never forget. We are going back next year this time for 3 weeks, 2 is not enough."

• Travel date: Thu 18th of January 2007

We booked in and was shown to a room rig...

Reviewed Mon 17th of April 2006

"We booked in and was shown to a room right at the back of the hotel which consisted of several rows of run down buildings (if you can call it a hotel) we walked for several minutes across broken paths and mud, the room we entered was padlocked up.

On entering the room I was amazed it was filthy the sheets were dirty there was a strong musty smell the bathroom was disgusting, the fridge was dirty and the wardrobe was filthy, there was also a door in the room which was bolted up.

I complained and said I could not stay in this room, we where then tracked across further broken paths and mud to another room the only improvement was the second room had air con and a T.V but again the room was filthy, this was my 12th visit to Goa so I am not blind to basic accommodation.

At this point we left and found an apartment. This is a must avoid hotel.

• Travel date: Mon 17th of April 2006

Just arrived back from Goa. What a place...

Reviewed Tue 21st of March 2006

"Just arrived back from Goa. What a place stayed at Dom Francisco hotel on bb basis. Was not impressed when we first arrived the room was on the side of the hotel nothing to look at only a wall. My partner complained and were moved to a poolside room which was a lot better it’s very basic in the rooms but they do try and please.

The staff are fab right down to the women who do the gardening, got to give security a mention they were so polite and friendly. I would stay there again the longer you are there the better it seems, you have to realise this is a third world country and to there standards it’s not a bad hotel.

Go to Goa with an open mind this place blew me away you will see things that will upset you but will make you realise just how lucky we are as a nation. I will return to Goa next year so much more to see, go to the hippy market in Anjona it’s an experience. The beaches are nice but not swimming water can be rough, Coco beach is about the best for a swim, I could go on about this place forever its so different from what we know.

But back to the hotel they are working hard to improve this place so give them a chance, while I was there they were laying the cables for TV and telephones in the rooms so things are looking up. Hope this has been of some help to you as I was very wary about coming here and spent numerous hours on the net looking at reviews for advice. Just enjoy Goa as much as I did."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of March 2006

I had just spent 2 weeks with my Family...

Reviewed Tue 10th of January 2006

"I had just spent 2 weeks with my Family at Dom Francisco. We arrived christmas day and immediately we felt welcome at this resort. The atmosphere was amazing and the people were thoughtful and helpful.
I'm glad that we stayed at this hotel instead of any other.

The food was lovely, there was a wide range of different things to choose from.

Coming back from a day out you would always return to a clean room, as long as you handed in your dorm key.

My family and I enjoyed every minuet of it.
I couldnt fault one thing, hopefully we shall be returning at the en of this year."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of January 2006

We have just returned from a three week...

Reviewed Sat 3rd of December 2005

"We have just returned from a three week holiday at the Dom Francisco Resort. A new Manager has recently taken over and every day we could see overall improvements at the resort. He hopes to bring it up to the standard of his other resort, Alor Resort at Calangute and we are sure he will succeed.

It is very convenient for the shops and restaurants and there is certainly no shortage of taxis right outside the resort.

The staff are all very friendly and always willing to help in whatever way they can.

It is a very good pool with life guards and very attractive with tall palm trees round it.

Although it is near the road the traffic noise does not penetrate the resort, and anyone who has been to Candolim will know only too well the amount of cars, buses, scooters, motor bikes are on the road, all hooting when overtaking!

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of December 2005