Cuba Premium Beach Huts

Palolem, Canacona 403702 India

Good

Great huts, friendly staff, a relaxing place to stay.

Good

"We stayed at Cuba Patnem for Christmas 2008. We had booked the hut in advance over the internet as we'd heard that accommodation was going to be hard to find over Christmas and New Year. We had to leave a 50% deposit to secure our booking which was a bit of a surprise, but I'm happy to say there were no problems at all with this.

We were dropped off by the overnight bus at around 5am and as we had nowhere else to go, went directly to Cuba, not really expecting much of a reception but hoping there would be somebody awake and somewhere we could crash. The guy on reception was really helpful, he gave us the keys to a couple of spare huts and allowed us to rest there for a few hours until our hut was ready. This was a reflection of the friendly service we received throughout our stay.

Positives:
The staff were excellent
The huts were clean, big, had electricity and mosquito nets, overhead fan, shower room with wash basin and toilet. Hot & cold water!
Towels were provided
The beds were comfy (if a bit damp) and had clean shhets & warm fleecy blankets

Negatives:
Expensive

Overall I would recommend this place if you feel the need to book in advance. If I go to Patnem again over Christmas & NY, I probably won't stay at Cuba as it's very expensive at this time of year. There are loads of places to stay along the beach and many seemed to have huts available. (A lot of the places you could book in advance were fully booked but there are quite a few smaller places along the beach as well.)"

• Travel date: Mon 8th of June 2009

OK - but there are better places on the same beach

"This place is ok, has A/C huts and for Rs1,500 ($30) who can complain! However, whilst I didn't stay at them, there were nicer looking places on the same beach - places called Papayas and Home spring to mind.

In terms of Patnem, apart from the usual dog poo you find across all Indian beaches, this place was great. I live in Mumbai and so go to Goa a fair amount. It I want a luxury weekend I head to the Hyatt, if I want realxed beach shack I head to the smaller Patnem beach. It's the kind of place where you watch sunset, eat fresh seafood, have a few drinks then head for bed ..... or get an auto to Paloem if you fancy a few more drinks. I would suggest this is a far nicer location that Paloem, which reminds me of Bagga beach.

There's an expat guy who does sailing trips from Patnew beach, which are fun and the water is clean and can be like a hot bath."

• Travel date: Fri 1st of May 2009

wonderful food, great location, okay beach huts

Good

"My husband and I spent 3 nights at Cuba and loved every minute of it. The location is near the end of Patnem Beach so you are removed from the main area where people congregate. A few sellers came by but they weren't pushy. There were dogs on the beach but they were pretty docile. We always got a beach chair and were able to leave for lunch and keep our stuff on the chair.

The food here was FANTASTIC! The seafood was the least expensive we found on Patnem and it was delicious. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make us happy. I highly recommend Home (2 places down) for food too.

The huts were okay. Patnem is filled with beach huts. You won't find any permanent hotels on the beach, you'll have to go off the beach if you want an actual hotel room. Our hut was on stilts with the bedroom on top of the bathroom. The room was very basic but clean. We had a bed with mosquito netting and a small table - that's it. We did have a balcony but sat on the beach instead of using it. Our bathroom had hot water and was clean. If you want luxury rooms or a resort, Patnem is not for you. Even though our room was basic, we only used it for sleeping. We really spent all of our time lounging on the beach or sitting in the open air restaurant. We chose an A/C hut (and paid extra for it) and it was well worth it during the March heat. The food and beach made up for the rooms. Don't shy away from Patnem because of the huts. (I usually prefer luxury and I thought it was fine.)

We did walk over to Palolem Beach one day. It was crowded and the beach wasn't as wide. There were door to door restaurants and huts. Loud music was playing during the day. We preferred the quiet beach of Patnem over Palolem."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of March 2009

absolutely brilliant

"To be honest i was a little wary at first, this was the first time i had booked accomodation online direct with the owner and was the first time i had stayed in a beach hut, so wasnt really to sure what to expect or if my booking and deposit had even been taken proprely. However all my fears were in vain the huts were stunning, yes they are simple huts however they looked better than any others on the beach & they were cleaner, with whiter linen and a better shower than the ones in the hotel I had booked in North Goa.
The beach hut's offered cheap but fantastic food & drinks which we enjoyed more than anywhere else we ate while in Goa, the staff are fantastic and really look after you and make you feel special, even better the bar is chilled out and didnt have the all night parties that some in the area do.
The area was fantastic with an unspoilt beach, no sellers, few people and total seclusion and relaxation. we stayed 3 nights at Cuba beach and hardly left, we went to the slightly busier palolem just along the coast but apart from that spent the rest of the time lounging on the beach or lounging in the bar and restaurant.
I really cannot praise the huts or the area enough and would highly reccommend to anyone looking for total destress and relaxation and after spending a few days around Calangute and Baga, the contrast was staggering and most welcome.
Will definately go back to Goa and definately go back to Cuba beach in Patnem, but will plan to spend much longer next time."

• Travel date: Sat 10th of January 2009

Hotels near Cuba Premium Beach Huts

Stayed at Cuba Premium Beach Huts? Share your insight.

Cuba Premium Beach Huts is also called