The worst

Reviewed Tue 28th of October 2014

"Believe me, I've been almost all around the World, I find this a terrible place to stay. I could give you many reasons.
1.The receptionist doesn't know English and so does the other staff.
2.Dirty bed sheets and bedspreads
3.Broken tiles
4.non-responsive staff
5.insect filled swimming pool
6.elevator is stinky and dirty
7.the white colored tub is now brown
8.moths,mosquitoes and flies all over the room
9.no wash in the punjabi restaurant - where gain, the seats and table cloth were dirty
10.no AC remote
11.the fan regulator doesn't work
12.the flow of water in bathrooms is too slow
13.cramped bathroom in the suite
14.u won't get the room you asked for
15.no toilet fresheners
16.the extra bed is crooked
17.look into the bed sheet and you will see bed with holes in it and you will never be able to sleep

I could give you a lot more reasons not to stay here. Its totally not worth the money!
DON'T GO"

• Travel date: Fri 24th of October 2014

Hallucination in Goa

Reviewed Fri 17th of June 2011

"If you have checked this boutique resort on website and feel impressed to stay there, hold your horses. This resort is an classic example of difference between virtuality and reality, what you see and what you get, what you get and what you feel. I would praise the artsman who created this website for his creative skills. The resort is miles away from what is seen on website.
Rooms appear to have been maintained by Archeological society of India. The premium offering from the resort is it's Imperial suite. The suite has a living room which is conical in shape with a sofa and a bedroom. Though there are 2 washrooms in the suite, you can only use one. Living room does not have a TV as advertised on website and is fitted with air conditioner which leaks water when switched on. Resort would provide you a bucket to place in under AC and keep emptying it at regular intervals.
As advised, you do get pool side sitting on your room. The pool is amazingly symbolic in nature and is totally dark green in color. You could not find yourself more close to nature, if you can dare to enter the pool.
Its always better to book this resort, if in case you really want to only for summer season. This is because of the simple reason that hot water would not be available to you. During the stay of 3 nights, I could not feel that hot water at all. As icing on the cake, hot water is provided only for shower and not for washbasin, if at all available. I would agree that staff is supportive to help you out with a bucket of hot water, in case you complain.
Also carry supplies of tea and coffee with you during the trip. As per resort’s policy you are entitled for single supply of tea/coffee in the room. Don’t dare to ask for refilling the supplies for the second time in the same day.
You would also have breakfast included in the package. The services are amazing. Breakfast timing is from 8.30 - 10.30 am but you should not dare to reach before 9.30am. The resort is managed in professional manner where emphasis is on multitasking. If you wanna observe the efficiency reach the restaurant around 8.30 am. You would find a person sweeping the floor, in 5 minutes he would switch the job to the attendant and point you to the table you should take. He would immediately go back to his sweeping job. Next role he plays would be of steward and would be placing dishes on buffet table. He does not waste time for washing his hands. Then he would realize that there is no Jam on the table, so he would pick the jar and refill it from the counter itself; saving time to go to kitchen and fill it.
In case you wish to complain, its solely your call because the service staff is not at all bothered. If you want to complain at reception, the staff would immediately engage in telephone conversation as you start complaining. They have learned that the anger of a human being can be evaporated if counted from 10 to 1. So, you would be waiting while telephone conversation goes on and after sometime you would decide to give up and leave. Excellent fundamentals of customer service. If you are so frustrated and have the energy that you want to escalate, you can talk to the MD/Owner of the resort. You would be immediately offered to have lunch or dinner so that you can forget your complain.

• Travel date: Fri 17th of June 2011

worst service
worst food
worst rooms
worst stay
in short, tangerine resort goa = worst stay in goa"

• Travel date: Fri 13th of May 2011

Don't be fooled !!

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"Ok. So where do I start? I went through the website details and was quite happy with what I saw there ( Must say they have a great website designer).

The hotel has an over sized tub (which they refer to as a pool). I didnt see any fitlering happening so I presume the water wasnt worth getting into. My room on the second floor was a shocker. The paint in the room was all messed up due to the excessive leakage and the wooden furniture was all scratched giving the room a very messy feeling. To their credit however the bedding was clean and tidy however the bathroom was very very basic and they didnt even have hand towels kept in the room.

The breakfast was one big sham. They didn't have a buffet but some kind of Udipi experience where you had to order an omletter or a parantha and the waiter would get you one on order. Again a big sham job.

Luckily we had paid for one night only so we checked out the following day. However the manager in charge and the staff (highly unprofessional) made our life miserable whilst checking out.

They seem to run their business by locking you in by paying for your whole trip in advance (including meals) and then locking you in for your period of stay.

PLEASE AVOID THESE PLACES UNDER ALL CIRCUMSTANCES."

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of December 2009

Tangerine - A Friendly Resort In A Friendly Town

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"I was travelling across India with my partner. During our visit to a friendly town of Goa we had the priviledge of staying at a friendly hotel that made us feel so much at ease. It was particularly important as my girlfriend was travelling to India for the first time and really needed a place that was welcoming at the same time offered great service at a reasonable price in the heart of the city. The restaurant specialises in North Indian cuisine but at the same time offering plenty of local variety. The shopping strip is just a stones throw away and makes it very convenient for foreigners. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone travelling to Goa whatever the budget as the place can cater to different tastes."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of December 2009

Simply Horrible

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"I would rather stay at some hostel than stay at this place the next time.
Everything- is a mess with this place. There is no proper system. Most important, the helpdesk has no clue of what is offered in the package. If you booked a package, you better keep nagging them to avail each of the facilities.
To mention a few in detail;
1. A/c car pickup - someone negotiates for you to alight at a diff station- Thivim- a regular Omni van waits you.
2. Stay - All you get without asking for is - your room & getting it cleaned.
3. Fully Stacked Mini bar - Not stacked until the last day[guests prefer it to be filled on the last day, as told to us],, inspite of reminding them each day during my 4 day stay. Finally, stacked with 2 Coke, 2 limca, 2 Fanta, 2 Dairy Milk Chocolates.
4. Sight Seeing with a personalised attendant : You are given a time to board the bus that will take you around - 0845AM. You wish you take it. There is no such sight seeing to their knowledge.
5. One Day Spa : Spa is not IN-HOME. You want it ask for it 2 days in advance, they will book it with some 3rd party, to where you arrange your travel on your own.
6. Free Unlimited Food: Most Pathetic of all - Must read through;
Lunch: ONLY VEG - A starter, a Rice, a Roti with 2 Veg dishes.
Dinner: Veg & Non Veg Starter. Same Rice, Same Rotis, 2 dishes - 1 Veg, 1 N.Veg.
Typical Items - Aloo Jeera Starter, Chana Chat/Masala. Dal Fry. NO Coastal Food. Its too expensive in GOA - as told to us. Finger Bowl does not have Lime- reason - No Lemon in Market.
THE ABOVE SAID IS STRICTLY FOR STAYING GUESTS. OUTSIDERS - THERE IS A SEPERATE MENU CARD PROVIDED AND VARIETY TO CHOOSE FROM.
7. Movie Tickets to Multiplex : I dont remember seeing a * in the website. This is subject to availability. If unavailable, no Money refunded.
8. Water Games : You better remember that and keep checking your package to ask for it.
9. 2 Wheeler for your exclusive use : Please remind the staff 2 days in advance, else regret.
10. Room: There is No 'Do Not Disturb' Facility. The door bell is loud and rude to just throw you out of sleep. The House keeping rings the bell as it is cleaning time- you rather rush.
11. Swimming Pool : This is a feature that is not better than -This resort too sports a swimming pool. Absolutely No Privacy.
12. Hospitality : ZERO. The MD, trying to give the best make a mess of everything. I would never like someone take anything from my plate, to tell me it is good. My wife could just not bear this happen to the couple seated opposite to us, we had our next meals outside, tasting delicious Goan Sea food.
13. Professionalism: "What is that now". They had offered a Night gown for personalised use on the last day - a hospital inward patient uniform would be more comfortable.
Honestly, I never expected I would face so much disappointment with this trip, which I wanted it to be my most memorable one as being the first triip with my life partner. It just turned to be an unforgettable holiday, for so much disappointments, we had to reject their packed lunch and the special cake offered to us for complaining about all the hospitality we received. Most Horrible Stay."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of December 2009

A Soothing Touch

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"I stayed for 6 days in the hotel starting Nov'26.On arrival, I was greeted with a refreshing drink and was informed that I have been upgraded to Royal Suite category rooms.It was a wonderful gesture from the hotel authorities as the top class rooms had no bookings during my period of stay.The hotel has decently good service and most of my calls got attened in 15-20 mins.Another aspect that swept me away was the quality of food.To find a high quality North Indian food in the Western part of the country was a bit of surprise to me.May be this owes to the Punjabi back ground of the owner.The buffet lunches & dinner were wonderful and the hotel staff were more than willing to accomodate any slip in timings from my end.Invariably, I ended up getting my meals in odd hours as well.The rooms are quite spacious with all the basic facilities.The hotel in general has a lot of open space which provides serenity to the visitors.

All in all , a Wonderful stay & highly Recommended."

• Travel date: Fri 11th of December 2009

good hotel

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"hotel is good, ok, but food is not nice, so MAP or AP package is not advised.
but location is very good, we can get other food joints very nearby and calangute beach also is vry near.
But the hotel is so full that the service tends 2 become slow and lethargic.
Even when people had bookings done before hand, they did not get the rooms at 12 pm, almost everyone had to wait for half an hour or so.
otherwise its fine."

• Travel date: Fri 11th of December 2009

A calm hotel with personality.

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"The hotell have a calm atmosphere five minutes from the calangute-crowd and action. Perfect for any person who is seeking for some pulse on your own conditions. With a personal staff and friendly restaurant this suits anybody whos in for a beach-holiday with a touch of commerce and dining.

Emma and Hanna, Gothenburg Sweden."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of December 2009

awesome ambience.. location.. service.. food..

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"We were in Goa this November on a leisure vacation.. Generally we do a lot of research before travelling.. In this case as well, we decided upon Tangerine after going through a lot of other hotels.. This was a calculated risk.. coz there was no review for this resort..

We are happy that this resport gave us everythingwhat we asked for.. Amazing king size rooms with all the major facilities.. 1 km from the commercial Calangute beach.. but the quiter side of the beach in just a few minutes of walk from which u can further walk down to commercial beach..

It allowed us for early check in.. Goa was so mesmerizing that we almost forgot that we had to check out at 12:00.. When we reached the resort at 2:30 PM, we came to know that we were in deep scoop.. However the staff did not charge us any single penny.. We were so happy..

I personally talked to the owner of the resort who at first introduced himself as the manager of the resort and wanted to know if i liked the property.. and what could be the improvements that could be done.. I liked his attitude and style to serve better..

Overall, if you like to have a nice ambience with a king size room and some nice food available in the resport's restaurant, then this resort is the ideal destination.. Specially its almost on the beach.. Staff was very friendly and cooperative..

I was so impressed that I immediately wrote a review once i was back.."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of December 2009

truly value for money

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"we stayed for 3 nights , in a package, the rooms are excellent, and spacious, very well designed and maintained, the service is to be little improvised, food is probably very good, we had very good indian break fast, the parathas were authentic, only problem in service we had on sight seeing the driver was adament on the way. but truly a value for money, i wwill prefer to stay again, as staff is very help ful and go out of way to get things done"

• Travel date: Sat 28th of November 2009

Hotel From Hell

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"I booked this hotel from the UK and arrived with the family for a relaxation period after an 8 day tour of the Golden Triangle. Reviewed their website and thought we would have an enjoyable 5 nights; it’s far from the truth what they have pictured and written on their website. Firstly, the hotel is situated of a main road and you are greeted with a rundown restaurant, as you pass by the side of this building you will find an open air reception. Same dull standard. The reception staffs have no uniform and are dressed very poorly. We asked to see our room before we handed over our hotel voucher, as we were taken the main building at the rear passing a small pool and a derelict pool bar we were greeted with a dirty hallway. The hallways leading to the rooms are dirty and overlooking a corrugated roof filled with plastic bottle and other rubbish. Rooms are large but the sheets are marked and pillows in need of replacement, the bathroom tiles were stained as was the surrounding area beneath the toilet bowl. We were not pleased and insisted the guide to find an alternative accommodation, several phone calls later we were told all the four star hotels in Calangute were fully booked. We decided to take the two Royal rooms and the night mere begins, once inside the room we found the bottle water with broken seals, the floor dirty, the bed sheets riddled with holes, the pillows heavily stained and smelling, the bath towels stained, the bathroom stained as mentioned, the satellite losing its signal, no direct dial phone and through the night one hears all the doors on the above floor being shut, it echoes through the building.
In the morning we visited the restaurant for our breakfast and were told we would have to pay for this, even though we had paid for bed and breakfast. Once that was cleared we were offered with local tap water and toast and the local breakfast dish, we asked for some orange juice and were told it’s a chargeable item. Asked for some mineral water, it’s a chargeable item, what are we suppose to have for breakfast. The waiters have no idea how to run a restaurant and need professional help. We asked for a taxi to the beach and drive took 10mins from the hotel, which is falsified by its website being only 500metres / 5mins walk, the road takes you a minimum of 25min walk.
Determined I was not to allow this hotel and staff to spoil our vacation, searched the internet and made a few mobile calls that evening and booked ourselves into the Taj Exotica in south Goa. Knowing I was taking my family to standards we are accustomed to, heavy burden was lifted from my shoulders and thy mine was less stressful. I asked the Wife to pack that evening and the smile told its own story.
Morning arrived and the family were excited to see the back of this place. The reception staff start work at 10am and were surprised to see us check out, they asked for an explanation and I explained the points mentioned above. I informed them I will be posting an honest review of this hotel on trip advisor and other websites warning potential customers to stay away from their misleading website.
Summary, please avoid this place and pay the extra and go to South Goa, the beaches there are what we remembered when we visited 16 years ago, unlike to Calangute."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of November 2009

Hotels near Tangerine Resort

Top traveller tips for Tangerine Resort

• shakti by shakti

"Stay anywhere..but not in tangerine "

• sudb by sudb

"Stay in the hotel only if you are not able to sleep in your own vehicle. Apart from the location there is nothing this hotel can boast of. "