About So My Resort

• kitchenette

hotel

Reviewed Thu 22nd of March 2012

"just got back and will never go back to this hotel. staff are lovely and do anything for you, the rooms are manky green mould in sinks, gunge in the drain of the shower. as you get to your room it has a large bolt and padlock on [like a prison ] if someone thought it may be funny to bolt you in and there was a fire you would probably die. they was swept and mopped everyday but i never noticed anything else done. dont know what other blocks was like but in h block we had a concrete landing at the side of our room inside the staircase where all pigeons used to coo all the time.hope this helps someone i have stayed in india before but no where like this. the pictures lie.

glen manchester1"

• Travel date: Wed 21st of March 2012

so my

Reviewed Mon 27th of June 2011

"Me and my wife stayed at the somy we loved it it was clean and tidy we had a great holiday and would recommend it we are going back again next year and taking more of the family staff are great and nothing is to hard foe them if you want some think done

Alan (cheshunt)"

• Travel date: Sun 26th of June 2011

somy the best

Reviewed Fri 3rd of June 2011

"we have stayed in the somy for the last four years and we love the place.you have got to remember this is a third wourld country so do not expect the hotels to be like european hotels the rooms are cleaned everyday and the staff cannot do enough for you ash and vinny are great.already booked for next year and cant wait."

• Travel date: Sat 28th of May 2011

somy hotel goa

Reviewed Wed 4th of May 2011

"we stayed here in feb 2010.

we had a wonderful time, staff were friendly and very helpful. food was the best in the area.

rooms are basic but clean."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of May 2011

good hotel could be better

Reviewed Thu 14th of April 2011

"we have stayed in somy 5 times now and always had a great holiday hotel basic but clean staff great especially barman rupesh who always looks aftger us, however management should listen to customers more just afew changes could make this hotel even better selling icecreams,and crisps at bar more entertainment on evenings to get people to eat in restaurant as food is really good especially tandoori you have a good chef and invest in more comfortable beds and get rid of jeweller/tailor most people complain about him he is such a nusiance wanting you to buy something only in most cases getting ripped off,if it wasnt for the staff people wouldnt return to the somy you should try and keep them as they no what the customers want as they are the ones looking after them."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of April 2011

Basic

Reviewed Tue 25th of May 2010

"We Stayed at the Somy in November 2009 on our arrival my first words were I am not staying here, and didnt unpack however we were very tired so slept, next morning we agreed that it was very very basic nothing like you would expect in a 3* in the UK, the furniture was old and falling apart, but the room was clean and the staff very helpful. Breakfast was interesting they offer you eggs but you had to pay more the same for fruit drinks, you thought breakfast was included only to find ou that included was only tea and toast. in the end we decided that as we were only there for 7 days and we had been delayed for 36hrs we would make the best of it "its only a room" we spent most of the time on the fantastic beaches in Goa and very little time in the Somy.Sun Loungers are in short supply"

• Travel date: Wed 19th of May 2010

good basic hotel ingood location

Reviewed Mon 19th of November 2012

"good basic hotel near st antonys church. stayed in room i13 ,didnit bother upgrading to air con as you really notice the temperature when you go out in april. only had breakfast once as i eat at my usual shack; the fabulous beach queen in calangute .staff all very coutreous and helful really good pool . quite alarge hotel and not quite as intimate as the smaller places i usually use and as i was travelling alone didnt use facilitiesbar or resturant as other residents seemed rather reserved and family /group in orientation but hay there plenty of other alternative places such barclays inn acrss the road 100metres where a warm welcome awaites"

• Travel date: Sun 19th of April 2009

culture shock

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"Not quite what I expected. The Hotel very clean, staff very friendly, eager to help, but need to remember in India, everything is carried out at one speed - SLOW.

Rooms basic but clean. Clean sheets & towels everyday.

Although I was ill for the whole two weeks, staff were very concerned & kept knocking to see if I needed anything. Nice touch.

Would I go again? Yep, probably in November though, when the humidity isn't so exhausting.

Travelled with Thomas Cook, representative could put in a few more shows than he did.
(not sure would travel with them again)"

• Travel date: Fri 17th of April 2009

Very basic

Reviewed Wed 8th of April 2009

" Just returned from two weeks at the SoMy.
On arrival at 4am we were taken to our room it was in G block and not very nice at all.
We stayed in the room the first and asked for another room the next morning we paid for an upgrade 300 rupees a night which was around £40.00 the two weeks it was definitely worth upgrading.It cost £65.00 for the air con but that was a must as it was really hot while we were there (Rooms have ceiling fans but they just circulate the warm air)
Although we paid for our upgrade there were a few people who checked at the same time as us who complained to the rep about the rooms and they were given free upgrades.
As previous reviews say breakfast was the usual tea toast and jam although you could have eggs as well. If you went down at 7.30 you usually had to wait for the water to boil.
The staff were friendly enough so no complaints there and the pool guy Bob really took care of the pool area. Get down early if you want a sunbed as there aren't many to choose from.
The hotel is in a really good location with lots of places to eat on the doorstep,try Montanas and Tulips really nice. Will be going back to Goa but doubt if we'll go back to the Somy. (The rooms were cleaned regularly though)SoMy is really basic though this is to be expected in Goa Went a few years ago and stayed at Santiago which was a much nicer hotel"

• Travel date: Wed 1st of April 2009

Very basic

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"Just got back from two weeks at Somy.
First the rooms our first room was in G Block we only stayed there for one night then we asked for a move. The room was very basic (To be expected in Goa) but it was also very dark and didn't have a view so to speak. We upgraded our room the next day to a bigger room overlooking the restaurant? This room was much better and cost 300 rupees per night (around £3.00)
We went bed and breakfast and as stated in other reviews it was tea toast and jam ther was also eggs available,you could have extras for a small price. If you went down at start of breakfast 7.30 you usually had to wait for the water to heat up for your brew. Can I just say that me and my husband don't complain when on hoilday but it was a bit of a bind waiting for your brew and your eggs.
As previous reviews say the staff were all helpful no problems there.
We didn't really eat in the hotel just a couple of snacks if we stayed round the pool which were reasonably priced. As with most hotels there aren't many sunbeds round the pool so get up early.
The hotel is in a good location with loads of places to eat right outside and for those of you that like to watch sport there is the Sportsman Bar and the Why Not bar. At he Why Not they have a good singer on twice a week our Fred who is good fun.
Try Tulips on Calangute Rd and Montana for meals both nice and good value.
We had a great time in Calangute and will be going back sometime. As I said hotel is very basic but how much time do you spend in your room.
A must in Goa is the Beach Tents on Cola beach they were great and the staff really look after you."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of March 2009

Small but Nice

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"My stay at this hotel was for 4 Nights and it was simply great. I was little worried as I was not aware about the Hotel but when I reached the Hotel on 30/12/08, I saw around 50 odd Foreigners about to check in the hotel. Some of them were very regular visitiors every year. The Rooms were pretty clean, the Pool side was good, the Restaurant was fine but you may not like to eat there everyday. The Room service was fine.

I had the sight seing also provided by Hotel and the cab was good. Overall I rate this Hotel to be above average. I had some Great time on the New Yearsd eve. We had the Dance party organised at the Hotel and I enjoyed it."

• Travel date: Wed 11th of February 2009

it was ok

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"we have just returned from this resort, it was awful on the day that we arived the woman at the reception just kept telling us that we had to pay £100 pounds for some airconditoning ( which we had never wanted in the first place we did not know what she was on about. all we wanted to do was just to go to our room have shower and have some rest as we did have a delayed flight
of one whole day we where totally shattered. but we couldnt untill we sorted this problem out .
so we was lucky as thomascook had a shop just on the corner outside the resort so we did go there the called our rep and at last it was sorted and we was of to our room and with out paying this £100 that we knew nothing about as we did not order the airconditoning.the rep did say that we would have to pay for this before we leave. i thought this was just some way to rip you off anyway i did not pay for it as i did not want or even use it. so when or if you go there be sure that you have some kind of proof that you never ordered the airconditingor the women in reception will give you a hard time about it.
otherwise the resort was ok the rooms are basic i think thats all you as you dont spend alot of time in your room.it is pretty noisy with people late at night coming back from outside even at 5 30 in the morning so you do get disturbed we had to get move as the noise was terrible they did move us and even that room was
worse. as for people saying in some of theres reviews that the room was being clean every day we can not say that was true as it wasnt we had to go and look for the boy to tell him to clean our room. and when we found him he told me they do clean the rooms on a satardays but they do so do not beleave them but other wise they where ok they would do any thing for you and you could trust them. the bar staff where great very friendly and be there for you if you need anything at the pool. the pool was very clean the boy was alway cleaning the pool every morning but shame about the sunbeds as they could do with some more as they do not have enough alot of people couldnt sit at the pool because not enough sunbeds.there is some rats that are running around we was sitting at the bar one night i turned around to go to the toilet and this big i really do mean big rat come running past the toilets and along to the bar. so becarefull when you are going to pool toilets ladys.
other wise the hotel was ok.
and as for paying for the airconditioning we didnt after all that carry on. you do have to pay daily for the televisions we has a good reception on it but dont know about the rest of the rooms. anyway i do hope this is abit helpfull i will never be going back
there. to noisy for us nand we was there for 3 weeks i was glad to get home."

• Travel date: Fri 30th of January 2009

Hotels near So My Resort

Top traveller tips for So My Resort

• alfran by alfran

"Cola Beach tents were fantastic really peaceful,food great "

• the larrys by the larrys

"use the local buses and meet the people. "

• bigal by bigal

"Take a torch for night time "

So My Resort is also called