clean and tidy

Good

Worst Hotel in Goa

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"I travelled with my Office Colleagues to this hotel and everything about this is pathetic. They promised so many things and everything was fake. The beach is atleast 10 mins walking from the Resort, I donno why they even call it a BEACH RESORT. Hospitality is pathetic. They do not offer Buffets in breakfast which they have promised. The food quantity is too little for even one person. Pool is dirty and above all they do not agree their mistakes. On the day of Check Out they have put multiple bills for people who did not even order food from the hotel. Overall experience was horrible and would suggest people not to waste theur monry and vaccation."

• Travel date: 26th March 2010

Wooooooooow

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"This was the first hotel which we checked,and the rooms were woow.......... We checked the pricing were ok but me gal said she would like to have some more opitiion, as we were planing to stay more then a week . half and hour we are back in the same hotel(Royal Park).We went to the room and were totaly tired. After a good sleep we came down at reception and enquired about goa and the staff at reception guided us the place were me and my gal can rock and have party .they also orginised bike for me. The first place we went for parting is curlies.and so on we enjoyed stay and holiday very much. ....................jannat"

• Travel date: 11th March 2010

bellisimo

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"Right from the start at Goa airport till the end at the Goa airport it was all 5 ***** .. we did not book a room so from the goa airport i called up Royal Park Beach Resort negotiated on the room rent and asked for a pick up ...... and to my Astonishment the cab was there to pick us up in 10min...... as we entered the hotel the front office staff greeted us with warm smiles, checked us in and escorted us to our room #108... overlooking the pool and the lawn..Beautiful....for the period of 7 nights that we were there...we enjoyed....the beach... the discos...and the friendly people it was very good feeling.... But there were some flaws as nothing is perfect.... the bed mattress were a bit too hard... and the food was ok could be better...breverages a bit too expensive...than outside..."

• Travel date: 2nd March 2010

Has potential

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"I didn't have a hotel booked in Goa, so asked my taxi driver to recommend a hotel. When I toured the room, I was attracted to the contemporary, boutique-like room with bathtub they showed me. But the first thing I needed done was the sheets replaced. It was soiled, so I asked for one new sheet for the bed and another as a sheet under the blanket. The bathroom has a cutout circle in the wall. I should've asked them to cover this since I got a lot of mosquito bites during my stay. It turns out this hotel is at the southernmost end of Calangute so it was a bit far for me to travel to the restaurants I had in mind without a taxi. But it was a nice refuge for relaxation after a hectic work experience in South India. I spent a lot of time relaxing in the room, watching TV, and using the free wireless internet that worked in my 1st floor room. Staff was great."

• Travel date: 7th December 2009

Looked good, but......

Reviewed 25th November 2012

".....we were disappointed with our 1 week stay here. The place was extremely noisy every night of our stay with many people packing the room next door. Either loud TV through the paper thin walls or the loud voices from the late night drinking. The bedding had stains from previous occupiers and there were even leftover hairs in the shower drain. YUK. The food was basic and the pool was cloudy on our arrival. We did get a swim in the pool - only when they refilled it completely with clean water. The front desk was a shambles - we had to dispute the account . The owner promised to move us to another room for better wifi use but this never happened and she proceeded to ignore us most of our stay there."

• Travel date: 2nd November 2009

A complete mess.

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"This place looked pretty nice on the website. When my friends and I got there however, we were unpleasantly surprised. It appeared to be under construction. The pool water looked cloudy, and there was no water at all in the hot tub. We had a party of nine people, so we had reserved two "family rooms", each of which we were told would sleep four to five people. When we went into the first room we saw that there was only one bed and a very small bench type thing with a cushion on it. This room would have slept three people at most. The other room was even worse. There was definitely not enough room for nine adults. So after negotiating, they offered us a third room, which we accepted. Things just went downhill from there. There was no toilet paper in any of the rooms. We had to go down and ask for toilet paper. They gave us one very small roll of toilet paper that wouldn't last half a day. They were very reluctant to give us more. Now, I realize that people generally don't use toilet paper in India, but Goa is a place where many westerners visit, so they should consider stocking a bit more TP. They also wouldn't give us more than two towels per room. This wasn't too terrible for my friend and I who stayed in the "girls' room". We each got a towel of our own. But for all the guys, 3 or 4 per room, they didn't all get towels. The bathrooms did have western style toilets. However, they were so tall that when I sat on it I couldn't even touch the floor with my toes! That doesn't make for a comfortable poo. There were electrical wires coming out of the wall of the room I stayed in. The air conditioner was extremely loud. There were NO blankets on the beds in any of the rooms. Not even a top sheet. Just a fitted sheet and a little decorative thing at the foot of the bed. I went to the front desk and asked for a blanket. The guy did NOT believe me that there was no blanket on my bed (there were no blanket's on ANY of the beds!). I had to show him that there was no blanket. Then, he brought me this nasty, dirty old blanket with holes in it. It smelled like paint and paint thinner, like it had been sitting in the basement or attic for years. It was so gross, but it was all we could get so used it, but only up to my waist. I had a great time in Goa despite the terrible accommodations, but I would not reccommend this place."

• Travel date: 4th June 2009