Osborne III pool bar

Best Holiday Destination

Reviewed 23rd January 2012

"We have been to Goa 15 times and stayed at the Osborne 13 times. Would not go to another hotel in Goa now. Staff are friendly and very helpful. Rooms are basic but clean. Beds and towels changed every day. We love it and have already booked for November this year. We are always there for our wedding anniversary and always get a cake and bottle of wine. Lovely people."

• Travel date: 22nd January 2012

As good as ever

Reviewed 27th April 2011

"Having just returned from our 7th holiday in Goa , we thought it was time to add our thoughts to this forum. We started useing the Osborne on our 3rd visit and felt that it meet all our needs. Indian standards are different, once you understand that you will begin to enjoy the exsperience. We stay at phase 2, where we find the staff, from the gardener to the manager to be ready to serve,sort and supply your needs.A good mix of people are always there, including children who are for the most part well behaved, although this holiday we did encountered "The family from Hal" Those there will understand the play on words.That aside it is a wonderfull place to stay, lets just hope the russians learn to smile....It helps on your 1st visit if you are able find othere there who will show you around and give a little advice on beachs,markets, places to visit and things to avoid ect. Get out on the streets and explore, real life in your face 24/7. We will be back, Sam an Shaun"

• Travel date: 25th April 2011

Honeymoon

Reviewed 6th December 2010

"My husband and i went to Osborne Hotel for the first time althou my parents were with us and it was their 15th visit.We loved every minute. Cant praise the staff enough. When they realised it was our honeymoon they gave us small gifts. Food was lovely and waiters excellent. Room fridge was restocked daily at a very small charge for drinks consumed. All bed linen changed daily as were the towels. Towels were placed on our bed and always in a decorative way, they were folded into Boats, Elephants, lotus, crocodile to name a few. A nice touch when you consider how busy they are.Taxis outside are cheap and readily available. Anjuna market was great fun. Really enjoyed the haggling.Local restaurants offer a wide variety on menus and incredibly cheap. Will definately be going again. Best holidy i have ever had. Beautiful."

• Travel date: 3rd December 2010

Grrrrrrrrrrrreat

Reviewed 13th November 2010

"Stayed at the Osborne for 2 weeks as was reviewed as a good budget hotel. We spent very little time at the hotel as it was always just going to be somewhere to get our heads down but it was fine, and the staff were friendly.Rooms were basic but more than adequate although the metal wardrobe and prisoner cell block H shower room were a bit of a culture shock at first sight. Calungute itself is very busy and the roads are packed with traffic so have your wits about you. Fair to say its not the most aesthetically pleasing resort your ever going to see but the beach more than makes up for it with miles of beautiful golden sand.We tended to walk up to the Candolim end of the beach as it was quieter and had less hassle from traders.Stayed outside Floyds shack every day ably looked after by the lovely lady owner and her staff. The sea is warm as toast, beware though, the waves come pounding in to shore and I was wiped out a couple of times and Im 6 feet tall and 180 pounds. My missus is tiny and she could barely stand up but it is great fun. Ate out every night, our favourite restaurants being After 7 in Candolim, East meets West, Sumyens Kitchen, and a Thai restaurant situated under a hotel in Calungute whos name escapes me.Got friendly with Nelson the taxi driver outside the Osborne and he took us to marjam beach which was picture postcard pretty and really quiet compared to Calungute. Spent a day at anjuna Market and the saturday night Hippie Market in Baga which was an experience. Best thing though was the beautiful weather, we went in February and the day we left it was snowing in England. We loved Goa, the holiday was fantastic value and the people are terriffic and will hopefully return one day after weve seen a bit more of the world."

• Travel date: 12th November 2010

r holiday

Reviewed 29th October 2010

"stayed at the osborne over new year 2008 ,it was r first time to goa after the shock haa we really got into it will be going back to this hotel defo the staff r great ,the rooms are cleaned every day the food is great really not a bad word to say GREAT"

• Travel date: 24th April 2010

nice place

Reviewed 12th January 2010

"Stayed there , Basic but clean. Cant complain. Well managed. Good staff . Taxi drivers outside could be better. Places to eat Seagull, Golden eye and Aggies Shack on the beach. Overall will had a very nice time."

• Travel date: 1st January 2010

best holiday ever!!

Reviewed 8th April 2009

"this was my 4th holiday to goa, each time stayin at osborne. This holiday was for 3 weeks an loved all of it could have stayed longer. staff all really friendly and do anything for you, rooms very clean, food is top class. as the hotel has 3 different phases even if stay in hotel can have a pick of 3 pools an settings. Have has the same taxi driver on each holiday that is outside of the hotel, paul who is brill with anythin from information about goa and places to go. "

• Travel date: 8th April 2009

well pleased

Reviewed 29th March 2009

"Remember India is still a 3rd world country, try to contribute not just take from Goa Goans are reknowned for their friendliness and try to please. They leave their expression of kindness in the form of towel art. They try with Dabolim airport too as it was just a military airport. Indias norms and values are different to ours it is rude to raise your voice or point with your finger use your whole hand for gestures. Saw one very large lady walking around Calangute in a bikini top with a thong bottom this is so crass. The last holiday booked through Holidaymania was fantastic value and though the month prior I had paid a lot of money via Thomas Cooke, this holiday was no comparison. The month prior I had to pay to go to a different hotel I had stayed in many times . The Thomas Cooke hotel they had 2 huge furry alsations roaming around. Apart from Goa not being rabies free, I am very allergic to those dogs. No complaints with the Osborne at all, maybe more pricey for food than other places however. "

• Travel date: 28th March 2009

Another Great Holiday

Reviewed 3rd March 2009

" I have just returned from holiday at the Osborne Hotel, Goa. This hotel is quite basic but very clean. The food is delicious and the staff very friendly, esecially Owen, the waiter who looks after us each year and makes our time there very enjoyable. The hotel maager, James is great and nothing is too much bother, he always takes time to speak to you and make you feel very welcome. All in all very recommendable. Linda and Eddie"

• Travel date: 3rd March 2009

Clean Friendly 2* Hotel

Reviewed 10th February 2009

"Me and my partner arranged this holiday with a group booking of 18 all who stayed at the Osbourne. I wont bore you will what ifs and excellence just how I found the hotel and staff. On arrival staff tried to get me to purchase a A/C room for £120.00 for the 3 weeks with Tv included, I refused. I was placed on the top floor with around 60 steps no lifts as you would expect in Goa. I complained to hotel reception who moved me 3 days later I I would of made a fuss they would of moved me sooner, but I compromised. When I seen the room initial shock as I am used to staying in 4-5 star hotel, but thought I am in a poorer country and this is what you get. But once I was over the shock the disadvantages where not that bad. Rooms are basic but very very clean. You don't need to purchase A/C as all the rooms have extremely powerful ceiling fans above your bed and also in the lounge. I would advise to ask for a ground floor room these are much more spacious. we stayed in Phase 3 where all the bar staff waiter etc where excellent and made my stay at the resort very welcoming. Entertainment was not up to much except for Mondays where they had Karaoke evenings. The room boys can not do enough for you and all the staff and reception staff are extremely helpful. To sum the Osbourne up, the hotel is basic 2* extremely clean, food okay and on arrival you will receive 2 free token for each week you stay, they don't have to give you free meals and I thought his was a very kind gesture so we made use of the tokens and all meals are listed near reception so you can pick what evening you wish to go. I would advise not to use the Taxis outside the Osbourne as I founds them to be quite expensive and very pushy. Clean, Friendly, helpful, and you are in a much poorer country than the EU.. I would stay again and as there was such a large group of us 14 out of 18 also said that they would stay again. Power cuts every evening this is the state though not the hotel, power would resume about 15mins later. Would I recommend this to a friend yes indeed."

• Travel date: 10th February 2009

the last time

Reviewed 18th January 2009

"we have stayed in osbourne before,and it wasnt too bad. this time we went for new year, alldrinks in fridge and from bar 3 months out of date. the boys who came for fridge bill did con you, or try to. we found most waiters had very little understanding of english and kept bringing the wrong order. we love goa and understand the culture difference as this was our 4th time but the osbourne is getting worse and we wont be staying there again. "

• Travel date: 18th January 2009

Great holiday

Reviewed 8th December 2008

"This is the first time I have been to Goa and it certainly wont be my last. When we arrived at the hotel we were taken to our room and we were very happy with it indeed. We had been warned to expect basic but I had certainly stayed in a far more basic room when I have holidayed in Turkey! 10 minutes later the boys came back and said we werent staying there after all and took us to another room in block A and we were very impressed. There was a separate sitting room from the bedroom and the balcony overlooked the pool area although we were hidden by a tree so offered plenty of privacy. The food wasnt great here but I hadnt gone to eat in the hotel anyway. The whole point is to experience lots of different places and thats what we did. The hotel staff were always helpful, courteous and respectful. Couldnt really be said for the hotel taxi drivers whom i found to be total pests and followed you all along the road trying to get you into there cabs! Overall this holiday was one of the best I have had and for the amount of money we paid is definitely the best value for money holiday I have ever had. As always though different people have different expectations but if you go with an open mind and an understanding that this is a very poor country you can certainly experience something very good indeed. "

• Travel date: 8th December 2008
  • ...

Hotels near Osborne Resort Goa

Top traveller tips for Osborne Resort Goa

• by samandshaun

"Talk to the waiters, they know the area like the back of there hand"

• by stefgrep

"Basic hotel but with rightly good reviews"

• by wary wanderer

"East Meets West (lobster) Coco beach (dolphins)"

• by K Smith

"Ruffles Bar at Candolim for food, and the elephant trip"

• by patseedat

"the area is nice we ate at taste of india and kebbabs and curries with no problems very cheap and co"

• by mojo_b

"Over the Flames was a good place to eat and Fishermans Paradise was a great shack to spend your day."

Osborne Resort Goa is also called