About La Calypso Goa

• casino

Good

Nice View But Horrible Service!!!

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"I stayed in one of the beach cottages with my husband & kid. It’s very close to the sea with a great view, but that's all you will have!
Cottage is very ordinary & bathroom is pretty bad. The most horrible part is the service & the arrogant behavior of the employees, especially room service people. They literally misbehaved with us, they have no proper training, don't have any mannerism & they are disgusting. We complained about it to the manager, but nobody apologized for that!!
We are well traveled people & have stayed in good hotels all around the world, but this experience was something unimaginable. Thoroughly Overpriced BAD resort. Very disappointed."

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of May 2008

Travel Agents - Own holiday

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"we were two 40+ Year old women on a week away. We were a litle aprehensive after the death of the young girl that has been in the news recently about going, but I have to say we both agreed we had no issues with safety. Now onto La Calypso. Great position with front of hotel on Baga High Street and the back of the hotel directly on the beach. I have to disagree with a previous review about the beach being dirty. We spent every day on it and the hotel supplies complementary sunbeds, unberellas and towels. You are hassled constantly by the locals to buy sarongs etc, but this is part of the course and we got friendly with many of them. Humour them, they don't bite, by the end of the week they will be your friends and will call you by name. When choosing room at Calypso I would not recommend anything less than a suite, exec room basic and deluxe room has no balcony and is very dark. Suite has bedroom and seperate lounge and balcony.
Decor and furniture quite basic but everything is clean. If you can afford it go for beachfront villas. Good choice for breakfast, fresh omlettes etc.
Best restaurants in Baga - "Britto's" and East meets West..
If you have a manicure on the beach and its Peru, say hello to her from Ros and Fiona.
If you want a central hotel in Baga on a budget, go for La Calypso,
it still has a long way to go but is a great little find."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of March 2008

LA Calypso - Excellent location + Honeymoon destination+ A Place to relax

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"The Hotel is 48 Kms from the airport. However even during peak season there was not much traffic on the roads. It took us approx 1 hr to reach the hotel. It is located centrally in the Baga market. We had stayed in the cottages offered by them. Look at the Pictures uploaded. The location was just excellent. Rooms were well maintained. U can sit outside your cottage and view the sea all day long. in the night it is very calm and one can hear the sound of the waves. the LA Shack offers good sea food. Resturant near the hotel Jay-Jay's offered home cooked food. The security is good near the cottages even though it is right on the beach. The cottages are approx 20 feet from the beach. I would recomment everyone for this hotel. And yes do take the cottages as they are newly built and very well maintained. all the water sports are on this beach (BAGA) starting from water Scooter, to Para Sailing to Bumpy Ride. The SunBeds on the beach are provided freeof cost to the guests at the LaCalypso Hotel. It is right on the beach...One of the cleanest Beaches. Though there are lot of sun beds on the beach however without them one could not feel safe on the beach. The best part is that one can go and take a bath in the sea come back to your cottage take a bath and go back to beach again. The access is that easy. I would recommend this to all - if anyone wants to be on the beach, have fun, take bath - then this is an excellent location. I believe no one would like to carry clothes baggage on the beach for taking a bath or walk down the streets back to the hotel after a bath on the beach. To avoid all this - take any of the beach side hotel. Hotel LaCalypso was the best. Enjoy your stay..."

• Travel date: Wed 5th of March 2008

Nice Locality

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"This is a very nice resort especially if you are going to stay in the Beach Villas . Its got 4 cottages in a block and very neatly done .
The proximity to Baga beach is amazing . The Brittos shack is like a 3 min walk . Very nice service even during the peak season . Breakfast comes with the room . - its a nice continental & Indian mix . Prices of the Beach villa is a bit steep but you wouldnt comment if you like Baga ."

• Travel date: Thu 20th of December 2007

a memorable vaction!

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"we would like to thank travelguru for suggesting la calypso.it was a very memorable and enjoyable holiday.pls find below my ratings for the resort based on common criterion:(on a scale of 1-5)

*resort location:5/5
*room service:5/5
*housekeeping:5/5
*ameneties and facilities:5/5
*food:1/5(need i say more?)
*security for the guests:5/5
*ambience:5/5
*frontdesk and reception:4/5
*facilities for the business traveller:2/5
*value for money:5/5
*transport from villas to main property:1/5(their cart was down)
regards,
suhail sharik

ps:there are only 4 sea facing beach villas in their annexure where we stayed.in their main property they have just 5-6 sea facing wooden cottages."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of December 2007

La Calypso Experience.

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"Hi all,

we booked in la calypso foe 4 days package through a travel agent in bangalore. The following were promised as per our package.

1. Free pickup / drop to airport in AC vehicle
We got a pickup / drop in Maruti Omni.( very bad transportation.)
2. Fruit basket / wine in room
we had to ask for his 2 times and then we found ou fruit
basket is nothing but few biscuits.
3. Staff was very coorporative except the one in reception.He was getting annoyed with each question we made in reception.
4. Room service was good.
5. Food was good but very few items served.

Over all the Package was good."

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of October 2007

Trying to be a star-but not there yet !!

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"We just returned from a 'off-season' 4 days-3 night package at La Calypso, Baga Beach, Goa. The property is right on the Baga Beach. This was one of our criterias while selecting the property.
The hotel is a newly developed resort.
The resort is quite spacious and would be a decent property in North Goa (as most resorts on beach are in South Goa !).
The price point of this resort is quite high. The pricing (even in off season) is comparable to some 5 start resort.
We booked in the newly constructed deluxe rooms - However, despite being a new resort, the fixtures in the bathrooms were breaking up. The Jaguar mixer for shower did not quite work and despite 3 days of follow up they could not fix it (Maybe we got a bad room).
Food was ok. Service is really bad.
Although the beach is quite accessible, the Baga beach was a big disappointment. In fact I did read a review on one of the other travel sites, that be on the look out for 'dog [-]' on the beach and it did help. The beach is not clean. There is a storm drain outlet that dumps shoes, plastic bottles etc right out of the resort. This really takes out the fun from the beach front property.
Maybe La Calypso management should participate in the beach cleaning exercise."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of October 2007

Buyer Beware

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"On a positive note the hotel is newly renovated. Rooms are clean and hotel staff do their best to please you. Baga beach location is great. However the hotel management seem reluctant to provide sufficient information and customers get misguided by advertisements put out by travel agents. I booked their monsoon package assuming that they had a great italian restaurant Bella Ciao and Club Blue where you could "spend your evenings Salsaing, rock-n-rolling or Bollywooding" according to their ads. I even got a Voucher that provided free admission to their Club Blue. On arrival after a long flight from America you learn that the restaurant opens only in the season and the Club Blue opens only on Saturdays. These were 2 key attractions which influenced my decision-they should have made this clear. After all I sent them many emails. The beaches are right next to their property but be careful there is human excrement in the sands. I had to abandon a pair of walking shoes because I stepped on it and It really stank!"

• Travel date: Sat 18th of August 2007

Best Property In North Goa

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"I have been going regularly to Goa every year and staying at places like Taj Fort Aguada, heritage Village, Goa Marriott. A very close friend recommended La Calypso to me and assured me that I will love the place. To say the least, it was my best stay so far in Goa, the beach cottages are on the Beach with a great bar and italian restaurant, food is simply superb, facilities great. No need to take a cab anywhere with popuplar places to visit such as Britto's restaurant, TITO's club, Mambos, Kamakis etcc just a few minutes walk.

would be going to this property again and again,.

Ajanta Sen, Gavin, Etc.. the staff is simply superb"

• Travel date: Mon 8th of January 2007

Avoid the Calypso Hotel

Reviewed Thu 18th of October 2012

"This place is billed as a "four-star" resort hotel. Far from it in my opinion. I've stayed in better hotels classified as "two-star". While the hotel itself is quite new, there is lots of construction still going on between the hotel itself and the beach ("Baga Beach"). When you make your way to the beach be prepared to jump over open ditches, avoid workers carrying construction materials, and get out of the way of trucks going back and forth. And once you arrive at the beach be prepared for lots of trash in the sand and in the water. When I visit a "tropical" destination I look forward to swimming in warm, clear water. The water, while warm, was murky and looked as if there was a sewer discharge nearby. I steered clear of it. The hotel is fairly centrally-located - most restaurants and clubs are within walking distance. And when you do decide to walk around I recommend taking the beach route. The streets are quite narrow and the drivers don't seem too concerned about pedestrian's well-being. The Calypso staff was about average in my opinion. Not too eager to help with bags, directions, etc. I had a small bag of laundry done and was initially told it would be ready at 10:30am. After 11am and no word from the staff I inquired about the laundry again. "Any minute" was the response. Two-hours later the laundry arrived. My shirt looked like it was washed in a cement mixer. I'm sure they outsource their laundry but unless they change vendors I recommend washing your clothes by hand or finding another laundry service. The food in their restaurant was very good in my opinion. I enjoyed breakfast, lunch and dinner there over my two-day stay. If I were to return to Goa (and that's a big "if") I will probably look elsewhere for accomodations."

• Travel date: Sun 18th of June 2006