lovely staff

Reviewed Thu 17th of March 2011

"We stayed here in Jan for 2 weeks, and had a great time, the room was very basic, but the bar staff made up for that. Albert the bar manager was lovely and couln"t do enough for us. THe other bar staff and the chefs were lovely too. The only problem we had was ther noisey russians who kept us awake every night. After 3 nights wecouldn"t take any more and asked to change rooms, first thing next morning, the staff offered us another room away from the noisey russians. If anyone is going to this hotel please say Hi to Albert the bar manager and all the other staff from MARION AND GLENN."

• Travel date: Wed 16th of March 2011

try the honey bee

Reviewed Thu 13th of August 2009

"me and my wife stayed at dona terrazinha for new year we had a great time,beach short stroll away,candolim short cab ride away,the staff at the hotel were very good ,don tget paid very much so give them a tip now and again a pound and they are as happy as larry , we have our feast at the hotel then went to the beach for 12 midnite on new years eve absolutely brill we had a great night,never to be 4gotten,going back next year but goin to victor exotica candolim, will be returning every year now ,over the flames+inferno 2 restaurants to visit,cheap as chips ,"

• Travel date: Thu 13th of August 2009

Fantastic 2 * with 5 *** service

Reviewed Wed 19th of November 2008

"Just returned from the dona terezhina and we had a wonderful time there!

The rooms are basic 2* but livable. The staff we're very friendly and helpful and would do anything to ensure you enjoy your holiday. We went all inc so that we could just hav the drinks around the pool but the food was so good that we never ate out!!! The hotel is just a short walk to the beach (about 10 mins) across a busy main road but you dont tend to hear the traffic inside the hotel premises.

Goa is a culture shock as it is quite shabby and poor but after a couple of days settling in you get to love the area and its wonderful people.

Try Toms place beach shack and get to know sarah, kamu and the rest! and enjoy beautiful steaks there!

Overall we had a wonderful time in Goa and will definately be returning to Goa and especially the dona terezhina.

x"

• Travel date: Wed 19th of November 2008

The Hotel Dona Terezinha was very good p...

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2007

"The Hotel Dona Terezinha was very good place, it is wonderful place, great for family and the beach was nice. I recommend to go to Regges on the beach it does lovely food and the scenery excellent."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of November 2007

Do Not Go There! ! ! ! ! !

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"have just retuned from a 3rd holiday in calangute so we new what to expect. We stayed at the donna terezinha for 28 terrible nights. Tried to escape after the 1st night,but because it was peak period there were no other affordable rooms available.
Even by goan standards this place is a disgrace. The rooms badly require updating and re-decoration,the bed and pillow were rock hard making a good nights sleep impossible,the sheets and towels were filthy.and the room boys spent more time pestering us for money than they did cleaning.
THE ALL INCLUSIVE IS A JOKE!
The food is disgusting and the bar closed at 10.30.
They even had a sign up at breakfast time ONLY 1 JUICE PER PERSON ALLOWED!!!!
You are not allowed to take food or drinks to your room.
the list of rules is endless,it would take your whole holiday to read them
Suffice to say we spent as little time as possible in this hell hole
BE WARNED.."

• Travel date: Wed 17th of January 2007

This is the second Christmas we have spe...

Reviewed Thu 4th of January 2007

"This is the second Christmas we have spent at the Dona Terezinha and on arriving this year, we were not surprised to find others that had also been before.

Some had already booked to go back. We are presently waiting for two of our friends to return home before we all book again for next year. But not to the Dona Terezinha.

Two years on those beds is enough. Although there has been an improvement in the hotel over the past 12 months this has been to the pool area and outside lighting.

The rooms are basic with electrics, bathroom, furniture, joinery, decor and beds all from a past age.

The tour operators are failing their customers and must insist on major improvements.

Having said that the food was good, the pool clean (it was cleaned regularly despite other reviews I have read) the waiters were a joy as were other members of staff. The entertainment was Goan. It is the same wherever you go.

Calangute is great, the taxis are cheap, the beach shacks are cheap. The booze is cheap, the fireworks were great. "

• Travel date: Thu 4th of January 2007

I have been on many holidays but none wa...

Reviewed Sat 30th of December 2006

"I have been on many holidays but none was as good as this.

Food there was not a lot of choice, but I never tasted anything I did not like. The food was excellent.

The rooms were basic but clean and tidy. My room was cleaned every day.

The staff were all lovely and always willing to help. You must remember where you are there standards are different to us.

My party consisted of 5 adults and 3 children and we stayed for 2 weeks, we are now ALL going to book for next year - not 2 weeks but for 3 weeks.

P.s. No-one had any tummy problems, even when eating from the shacks on the beach."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of December 2006

Recently came back from Goa where I had...

Reviewed Tue 26th of December 2006

"Recently came back from Goa where I had a mixed holiday. The resort of Calangute and North Goa are idyllic. The beaches are excellent and there are many good restaurants out side of the hotel. The hotel itself was a joke.

The rooms were very basic and not the cleanest. The food was a disgrace and having tasted it wouldn't give it to my dog. How people can eat this is beyond me. The staff are very friendly and would do anything for you, but to be honest all I wanted to do was get out of the hotel as it is shocking.

I am writing this in hope that nobody else will suffer what my partner and I did. This hotel should not be in the brochure, I didn’t expect the Ritz, but this is not acceptable. Happy holidays."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of December 2006

Just returned from Goa which was a fabul...

Reviewed Mon 18th of December 2006

"Just returned from Goa which was a fabulous resort, however this hotel was a absolute disgrace!

The rooms were filthy, the food was unedible and the genearal cleanliness of the hotel left alot to be desired.

Advertised as a 2 star this hotel should not even be in the brochure and woud not want anyone else to suffer the Dona Terezihna like we had to."

• Travel date: Mon 18th of December 2006

I have arrived back from this amazing ho...

Reviewed Mon 4th of December 2006

"I have arrived back from this amazing holiday on the 1st Dec. It was a holiday of a life time and I am considering going back early next year!

The hotel was very nice and in an ideal location. We visited many beaches but the best beach was just 5 minutes walk from our hotel. The sands were golden & the sea was warm.

The beach huts were fantastic and every meal we had was 10/10. All the food is cooked from fresh so its takes a little longer then normal but its well worth the wait.

Every thing is very cheap- £1.20 for a delicious curry. I brought back lots of presents. Leather goods and gold is very cheap.

Goa isn’t just a holiday, it is an experience."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of December 2006

Fantastic

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"Third time we have been to this hotel what you must remember this is 2 star hotel rooms are basic but comfortable and clean , Staff are very friendly nothing is to much trouble ,The food is excelent .
Going back in Jan07 for amonth cant wait .
In 2004 I hurt my Back on the beach and was hospitalized for a week I had no worries about my wife. The hotel took care of her even found her a new room If I had to extend my stay fortunately I was ok. We returned the following Year They reconised us straight away felt like we had gone back to see our family . We will Be back"

• Travel date: Mon 26th of June 2006

Very Basic 2 Star!

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"Arrived very tired and things looked very bad!. Next morning not much of an improvement on our initial thoughts.
Please remember YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR we went to this hotel knowing that it was just a base - we went to the beach every day and only ate breakfast twice.
This hotel is much cheaper than the hotels that are offering just B & B.
The staff are not very freindly I think they got offended because we didn't use the hotel - although we never had any intension to. Ricky took a shine to us and on the rare occasion we had a drink there he always ran over to us with a big smile!
The rooms were like a prison (I imagine, never been in prison ha ha) beds very hard, very drab surroundings. Please remember that they dont have washing machines to our standard and although the towels and bed linen are stained by Goan standards they ARE clean. The rooms were cleaned when you wanted - you just gave your key to reception. We only had ours cleaned every other day and they were immaculate.
We loved Goa and will go back - but not to this hotel.
We ate at wave's a few times on Holiday St it had a lovely ambience and fantastic food, bit more upmarket feel to it although a three course meal and drinks only cost about £12.00 per head!.
We had breakfast at Maggie's on Holiday St, they also did fantastic evening meals.
We went to Aggie's on the beach we never got hassled once, and the food was
great.
I DO NOT RECCOMEND THIS HOTEL AS AN ALL INCLUSIVE AND IF YOU WANT TO STAY AND EAT AT YOUR HOTEL AND USE THE FACILITIES THIS IS NOT FOR YOU!!!!
Go B&B or self catering, it is well worth paying a little more for your accommodation as it is so cheap for food and drinks when you are out and about.
Any questions drop me an email.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!"