Swimming Pool

Very Good and leisurely place

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"It was a very nice and a comfortable stay . The staff were very helpful and corteaus . They were very professional and also made sure that we get the most value of our money, The food was average though."

• Travel date: 23rd May 2010

accomodation is satisfactory

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"in calangute this is one of the better moderate cost hotels to stay in. staff is friendly n hotel is clean"

• Travel date: 22nd April 2010

Vivenda Calangute: Affordable, comfortable but nothing more

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"We booked this hotel for our routine annual trip that we make as a friends gang every year. We basically picked the hotel because of the price it was available at and the onnectivity. Vivenda Calangute, as the name suggests is located centrally in Calangute. It is very well connected by road. Its central location makes the travel to Calangute beach, Anjuna, Candolim etc comparatively easier. It is surrounded by Rental agencies where cars and bikes are available in plenty for hire. The rooms are quite roomy & clean. The room service is a bit slow. The food I must say is not very exotic. Its the usual boring menu which wouldn't excite a foodie's taste buds. The swimming pool is not well maintained Overall, I would recommend this place to anybody who is not going to spend too much room time as it leaves a fair amount of cash in your pocket. But if you're the kind who expects luxury, this is the last place you should even be considering. Pros: Affordable, well located, family crowd Cons: Bad food, dirty swimming pool, no recreation"

• Travel date: 29th March 2010

Excelant Hotel

Reviewed 19th November 2012

"I stayed in this hotel from 20th March 2010 to 23 rd MArch 2010...The Hotel os perfectly located IN Goa Near the colngute beach..The Best part is it is Neat and Clean and The Staff is very coperative and always ready to serve u better......Mr. deepak Saleskar and his team is really nice and helpful...The pool is small but Clean...Food is average except the Breakfast served all the three days good.....Overall experince was very GOOD and I recommed people going for the first time select this hotel.... Because i promise next time you will go again to GOA,,, for VIVENDA calangute....."

• Travel date: 23rd March 2010

Everything is good they can do better breakfast

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"We enjoyed our stay at Vivenda b/w 27th feb to 1st march. It is at Good location, room is neat and clean, service is good, Good swimming pool, service is good they can add more value added services to ensure they help people stay at their hotel, overall good experience."

• Travel date: 19th March 2010

Excellent

Reviewed 9th December 2012

"After reading the previous reviews I was kind of worried after booking Vivenda but have to say that it turned out to be really pleasant stay Though the Hotel may not be as swanky as some other 3 star but once you enter it was feel good expereience . Rooms were nice , spacious and tastefully done . Open Air Bar and Restaurant was calm and relaxing . I didn't use the pool but it looked pretty neat . Breakfast was not very lavish but decent . Overall a good value for money stay if you were to spend most time outside the hotel If you really want to spend lot of time in the hotel premises and want to get pampered then may not be the best place"

• Travel date: 28th January 2010

HORRIBLE! Do Not Stay

Reviewed 19th November 2012

"After checking in to the hotel, I left and checked out after two hours. My room looked like it had not been cleaned. The safe was broken, the AC had no control switch. None of the outlets would work, unless you pryed them open with a pen. There was a half empty water bottle left on the desk. The shower was missing the knob to turn the water on. The drinking glass in the bathroom had two dead bugs inside of it. The room was a complete and utter mess. The hotel also advertises that they have wireless internet. When I went down to ask the front desk how to sign on, they told me there was not internet at the hotel at all. Once I decided this wasn't the place for me, I spent the next hour arguing with the hotel staff and managers as to why I was checking out and why I wasn't going to pay them. At one point, one of the manager told the guard to stop me from leaving and he grabed me! This was the first time in a very long time that I became fearful. After demanding that they let me go I was finally able to leave the hotel after another 20 minutes of threates that I would call the police and file complaints. For your safety, stay away from this place."

• Travel date: 13th January 2010

Budget Stay

Reviewed 26th December 2012

"Stayed in Vivenda Calangute from 7th to 10th Jan 2010. We had booked 2 rooms for 4 adults at 13K via a popular travel website. Pros - The hotel cannot be called a 3 star. It is a pretty basic place to stay and good for a budget accomodation. Complimentary breakfast, location (12-15 minute walk to Calangute beach) and clean rooms are the good part. Bottomline is "Good for a budget stay". Dont expect anything more than that. Cons - Dont expect too much from the service or other recreational facilities. There is a small swimming pool - the bar there was not functional during our stay. The gym is a a few machines dumped into a room. The pool table looks like one picked up from the flea market. The hotel management does not believe in providing the AC remote to the guests so if you want to change the temperature call the housekeeping guy. I had to convince them real hard to get a remote for my AC - they did budge in when I explained the dire need to them. Towels and linen will be changed on alternate days."

• Travel date: 11th January 2010

Not worth the money

Reviewed 17th October 2012

"2 buildings - One with atrium (extremely noisy) and one so-called portuguese suite that is far from being luxury (view on an abandonned house). The staircase to the suite was not cleaned, walls were marked with feet marks. Coaches were torn and had cigarette burns. Bed Sheets had stains on them. There was dust under the bed. The bathroom did not look clean at all with traces of paints everywhere. Buffet choice is very limited. The beach is around 1km away and one has to go through the main busy road of Calangute making way through traffic and pollution. Paid 7300 INR for a luxury suite with all food inclusive. A big rip-off for the service offered. The good point is that the staff is nice and tried to do everything possible to compensate for their really low quality hotel."

• Travel date: 30th December 2009

Business/Lesuire Hotel in the heart of Calangute

Reviewed 9th December 2012

"I stayed in November at this hotel right in the heart of Calangute. I was welcomed by their staff and general manager with a refreshing drink and was whisked to my room where waiting for me was a bowl of fresh fruit and cookies. The room was clean, modern and adorned with goan art. The washroom was modern with all the toilet accessories(shampoo, soap, comb, shaving kit, etc) expected from a 3/4 star hotel. Working desk, TV and closet space was ample with good quality linen and soft pillows incl. bath slippers/robe. The restaurant buffet or ala carte had a wide selection to choose from. The pool was large and clean. There was a games room and gym which was well equipped. This hotel is not on the beach but within a 2-3 min walk(200+m) and close to all the shopping and restaurants in the area. Value for money if you want a quiet reasonably priced and clean comfortable place to enjoy north goa. Very attentive staff and safe environment. Dr. Ash"

• Travel date: 3rd December 2009