About 10 Calangute

• italian amenities
  • indoor pool

Fix the food and it is 10/10 Calangute

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"Stayed in a terrace room (Vagator) and loved it. The room was great VFM but could do with small value adds like more drinking water, tissue, slippers and softer mattresses. The shower area does not have space to keep soap & shampoo. The view from the room is not good but the terrace is cool for a sit out in the morning or evening. The food is sub par for variety and pricing. This was not too inconvenient as Calangute offers numerous alternatives. Extremely clean and suitable for couples. Wouldn't recommend to families with small kids. Remember, the hotel rooms are dis-similar in layout so check out the rooms and choose before checking in (if possible)."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of March 2009

Hard beds rule!

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"My partner and I spent a week at 10 Calangute. I had been impressed by the Tripadvisor reviews. I booked one of the 2 terrace rooms, which although more expensive, proved to be an excellent choice.
Green: The hotel is convenient, the rooms are excellent, the staff friendly, the bathroom is large and clean with a massive shower area, there is free internet, there is full time security and the general hotel decor is good, although there are already signs of shoddy workmanship.
Amber: Breakfasts are average and slow. While the ingredients are fine everything arrives at once or in the wrong sequence. After three mornings of muesli following omelette I gently requested that the cereal would precede the hot breakfast. This worked for one day but then reverted to the original.
Red: I have travelled all over the world and have never experienced such a hard bed!! It was actually painful lying on one's side. Everything else in the hotel is well thought out. I simply cannot understand why the hotel has such hard beds and told the manager at the end of my stay that I could not imagine how any European guest would find the bed comfortable."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of March 2009

Great rooms , good value

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"We stayed at this property for 2 nights in Feb 09 and had a good experience. Ofcourse my decision was driven by the rating for this hotel on this website.

The rooms are excellent. I would say at par with 5*. With 4500 per night they r xcellent value for money. The rooms are neat and clean. The bathrooms too are pretty much spacious and quite clean.

However the entrance to the hotel is a bit of letdown. I mean it just looks like a normal commercial building and lacks any outer space in terms lawn or anything else. The swimming pool is too small.

We just had food once but it was quite good so no copmplaints on that part. Also the food in there is quite reasonably priced.

We were lucky to get a room upgrade as there was some problem in the standard room.

Yes, the pickup/dropoff is a problem as they only take their van once to the airport. So its better to book ur flight accordingly. Actually , transportation in goa is quite unreasonable.

The location is quite good. Right on the road. easy to find. and quite a few shops and joints around there.
Also the access to beach is not direct however quite close. Baga beach is abt 2-3 kms away which means abt 5 mints by vehicle.

All in all the hotel has great rooms and is good value for money. (We spent most of our time at the beautiful beaches of goa)"

• Travel date: Tue 17th of March 2009

Great Rooms, dissatisfied with service

Reviewed Thu 11th of October 2012

"If I had to describe 1 major positive of 10 calangute, it would surely be its rooms. Modern rooms with plasma TVs, DVD players, spacious bathrooms with shower cubicle and bath tubs. However no views whatsoever from the rooms and as its name suggests, the hotel has only 10 rooms so no extra frills. So in spite of the room standards it can hardly be called a 5 star. One surely does miss the large grounds, lawns, spas, beach access, health clubs, outdoor games & restaurants as in 5 star properties. Room rates at over Rs. 4500 (room only) are not exactly on the lower side.
Some other points in favour of the hotel : Hi-speed internet available free of charge, small library with variety of books, locational advantage (right on the main road that leads from Sinquerim in the South to Vagator in the north) and decent food quality. A special mention - I forgot my bag near the lobby at night and it was duly returned to me in the morning with everything intact.
However, service standards were not something we'd expected especially after reading the earlier reviews. While the hotel incharge at the reception was polite and no issues there, we found the restaurant staff to be rude, lazy and below-the-mark. Our package included breakfast but we were shocked to know that one has to place the breakfast order all at once and whats more, it will all arrive at your table at the same time. So while you're relishing the parathas, your tea is getting colder by the minute and they wont do a thing about it! There is hardly anybody to attend at the "restaurant" and one has to keep calling out to the waiter for basic things like water, spoons and even for clearing the table! After waiting for nearly 15-20 minutes (by which time the milk and tea were totally cold), when we inquired of the waiter about our toasts (that we had ordered initially), he was rude enough to say that we hadn't even ordered it in the first place and then to top it all that the toaster is not working! I dont think such things should be happening in boutique resorts with a small number of people to serve! Even after complaining to the front desk, we did not get any response in this matter. In spite of most other things being good, we were left dissapointed.
Someone mentioned about the transfers and I would agree with them, their mini-bus goes only to the airport (no railway stations) and only once a day so either be prepared to reach the airport 3 hours before your flight or make your own arrangements. Rules are fairly inflexible with the check in time being 2 pm so if your arriving early in the morning be prepared to wait for hours if your room is not vacant ( we had to change our original plans because of this)
I would recommend this hotel for those who are interested primarily in relaxing on the beach/ sighseeing and coming back to a nice & beautiful room at the end of the day."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of March 2009

Excellent rooms, good location - eat elsewhere

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"The rooms are what I had expected, very modern, clean, well maintained, a little oasis of luxury akin to any 5* hotel but at a more realistic rate the big 5* resorts. Of course it then lacks some of the facilties such as a swimming pool, good restaurant and extensive grounds in which to relax. It does have a pool but it thigh deep and 3 metre long so never really gets used. We only booked the breakfast and it was indifferent. Had we realised the choice available at a myriad of places outside we wouldn't have bothered, just seemed convenient at time of booking. I think the last straw for my wife was finding a baked bean in her porridge and the toaster breaking down and so they tried to cook the bread against a cooker ring. The other downside was the complete lack of flexibility in transfers to and from the airport. They only go once a day and refuse to take/pick up at any other time ( so their minibus just sits outside for 95% of the time)
Aside from the food and transfers the hotel was very good in terms of the acccomodation and service of the staff. High calibre of fittings, clean towels, hot water safe, fridge, evrything you could want to retire back to at the end of another gruelling day at the beach. I would go back but eat out."

• Travel date: Sat 7th of March 2009

Hidden Gem

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"After extensive research on the Internet for a suitable hotel for my family in Goa, i came across 10 Calangute.

I booked a 2 night stay in this hotel based on the reviews on this hotel on Tripadvisor and reservation of room was a breeze.

Upon arrival to the hotel, check-in was swift and the manager - Subhankar personally showed us the room & around the hotel. The room that I stayed in was big and very clean.

10 Calangute is centrally located as it is within walking distance to Calangute beach, restuarants and bazaars/shops.

Hotel has nice deco, beautiful paintings & attention is paid to every single details in the hotel. Room service was very prompt and the staffs were very friendly and helpful. Food at the restuarant was delicious and the beds were so comfortable that it was hard to get up and leave the room each day.

I would like to thank Subhankar & his staff for making my stay such a pleasant one.

I will definately come back to 10 Calangute again on my next trip !"

• Travel date: Wed 21st of January 2009

10 Calangute - A Home Away From Home

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"10 Calangute was an experience by itself. The lavishness and comfort of the hotel made our Goa trip a lot more enjoyable. The rooms were cosy with mindblowing decor and facilities, and that too at a reasonable cost. The location is awesome, with proximity to Calangute Beach as well as to the bustling shopping malls and shops. The staff was warm and friendly and ever ready to make your visit memorable. Food is definitely their speciality. One would definitely like the Goan delicacies that they serve and the presentation of the cuisines are fabulous. We thank Shubhankar, Smita and the staff for gifting us such a "home away from home" in the lovely locale of Goa."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of December 2008

Excellent in every way !!

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"Words cannot describe my first impression of this hotel; it was simply breath-taking and miles better than the website photos shown.

We booked directly with the hotel and they were brilliant from the first email to the last day of our stay.
The hotel manager Subhankar and his team provided us with an excellent service and made our stay in Goa particularly pleasurable.

We were a party of 12 (very fussy bunch). and we didnt even have one hiccup or complaint !!

I would definately stay here again and also HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone who goes to Goa !!

Darjodh Singh
London, UK"

• Travel date: Fri 19th of December 2008

Simply The Best!

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"Well i think words cannot describe the stay at '10 Calungute'. Superflous in every way. Serene, Calm and Perfect place to relax.

- Excellent attention to detail
- Superb customer service
- Transfers to airport included
- Fantastic design, layout and architecure of the rooms
- Great location
- All mod cons

Have stayed in multiple hotels around the world with varying stars but this truly feels like a 5 star boutique hotel.

Cannot stress how good this hotel is. Subhanker (Manager) and his team deserve an award!

Keep up the great work :)"

• Travel date: Thu 20th of November 2008

Cannot recommend enough!

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"We found this hotel on the web (http://www.10calangute.com/) whilst browsing for hotels in north Goa.

Didn't see many reviews as new hotel so we were slightly apprehensive. Anyway, booked directly with hotel. Were picked up at airport as free transfer was included which was very nice.

Hotel is on top of shopping arcade on main calangute road. On entering, check in was very efficient and were greeted upstairs with welcome drink and showed around our room.

Room and hotel was spotlessly clean and very modern. To put it into perspective, stayed in Taj Palace in mumbai prior and the rooms were much better, modern and larger.

Nearest beach is 10 min pleasant walk which is the bottom end of the calangute beach with plenty of beach shacks for drinking and eating.

I would definitely recommend this hotel without hesitation and would like to thank Subhankar and all his excellent staff for a pleasant and memorable stay."

• Travel date: Thu 6th of November 2008