Little Oasis

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"We have just returned after spending New year at Silk Cotton.
The boutique guest house has 6 rooms with shower rooms 2 with outside shower rooms as well.
The rooms are clean and well kept with a mini bar which is extremely reasonable. TV and large bamboo beds which are made up each day by Balanka who works tirelessly to keep the rooms clean and tidy.
The gardens are well kept with a decent size pool, breakfast is served on a raised terrace over looking the pool and gardens. Silk cotton is close to the airport you can hear the planes taxi but it doesnt spoil your day.
We have had a two weeks hoilday couldnt asked for anymore from the family who cooked breakfast each morning and they will arrange any thing you require like taxi's take out food etc.
Its a short walk down to the beach and local shops and beach shacks to try the smashing curries.
Its ideally situated to explore north and south Goa.
We will be returning next year.
Thanks for a great New Year Amrita and your family."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of January 2010

Poor location

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"We stayed at Silk Cotton in November and whilst the facilities were pretty good, the actual location leaves a lot to be desired. Bogmalo has a small, scruffy beach which I would hardly recommend and is overlooked at one end of the beach by a large characterless hotel that has the look of Stasi era East Germany. The surronding areas are the industrial heartland of Goa. The Zuari chemical plant looms large on the horizon, the airport if you venture out you will be choked by the traffic pollution seems to be the standard.
Silk cotton itself isn't bad but unless you want to stay by the pool all day (which is nowhere near as big as it looks on the website) then I would recommend you go elsewhere."

• Travel date: Fri 27th of November 2009

lovely 3 days stay - hire a bike to really enjoy this area

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"we loved our stay at silk cotton, we had had a hectic 10 days travelling in India so it was a breath of fresh air at silk cotton, we were really able to chill out and relax. The owners were so hospitable and knowledgeable of the area, the place is located in the centre of Goa so both the north and south can be explored easily
the owners organised a scooter for us which was so easy and we just rose around the area, so hiring a scooter is a must , so you can zap around and see all the lovely beaches
the rooms are stylish, cool and comfortable, lovely breakfast on the deck
this place will really make you felel welcome"

• Travel date: Wed 11th of November 2009

A treasure of a find

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"The owners of this first class guest house went out of their way to make me feel welcome. As a single traveller I was unsure about eating out so the family kindly invited me to have dinner with them. What a delight! The rooms are tastefully decorated, with air conditioning and modern bathroom. The pool was clean and inviting. I chose this place as I had to catch an early morning flight to Mumbai onto London and it was exactly 5 minutes from the airport just as advertised. I highly recommend you stay at this boutique hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of November 2009

Anchor yourself here, happily and access both sides of Goa - North & South!

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"I chose Silk cottons after speaking to a couple of people who had stayed there and the owners themselves. Previous reviews mentioned that the famliy goes out of their way to help you and I must say that is true - example - we had a light not working - was done by the evening, we needed recommendations on restaurants - they were available whenever we asked, we wanted to use the net - we checked it on their computer- basically something will be done to help out and it has a lovely home feel

The resort does not have a full time cook (not yet but one coming pretty soon I think) but you do get a lovely breakfast in the morning and there are lots of places very close at Bogmalo beach itself.

Things I should mention -
The room got done pretty much every time we were out of it - cleaned up, taught bedspreads and soon - something I have seen more in the higher end hotels
The bill was ready before we asked for it
We had asked for help in organising a car (from a reputed person) and it was there as soon as we arrived
They have two lovely dogs (if you are not a dog lover they will keep them away from you - not to worry)
Rooms are spacious (we had an open air shower- ask for that), and have a safe inside
The pool is nice to splash around in (not for serious exercise)
It was centrally located between both north and south goa
It is midway pretty much and very close to the airport

Things you may not like
If you like the crowded parts of Goa - then maybe this is not for you - though it only a half hour 40 minute drive to most places which is why I liked it -
If you want service at your beck and call - you need to step out and ask - things come very soon - there is no phone in the room - did not bother me but it may bother some of you
No full time kitchen but you can order in I think - though we were out most times except for breakfast

In a nutshell - want a home feel with all the nice things like clean rooms, nice hosts and more then go to Silk Cotton!"

• Travel date: Thu 29th of October 2009

Miss this place and you'll be sorry!!

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"Arrived to what you can only describe as heaven!!
I loved this place and didnt want to come home!! An absolute sanctuary after spending 3 weeks travelling around India.
A bit of a walk from the beach - although there are plenty cheap taxis available.
The family live on site in the family home - dont let this put you off - you never see them and they are extremely friendly and helpful. There if you need them -
The 'cottages' are large and extremely clean arranged around an enormous swimming pool.
Breakfast is on a roof top patio which is wonderful!
The staff are extremely helpful, polite and friendly a joy to meet!
Dont miss this place - you'll regret it!!"

• Travel date: Thu 29th of October 2009

Loved it!

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"We stayed in Silk Cotton over Christmas and I have to say after travelling in India for 2 months it was just what we needed. The boutique resort looks just as good as it does on the website - the rooms and pool are newly built and spotless, the family are beyond welcoming and the location is ideal if you want to explore Goa.
The family go out of their way to make your stay as enjoyable as possible - from organising a moped for us (which id definitely recommend doing if your planning to stay in Bogmalo - its a pretty small town) to suggesting areas of goa to visit and places to eat. They are also affiliated with the local diving school if you're interested in a PADI course.
Pricewise I think it's very reasonable value when you see the kind of service you get there (not many places in Goa organise take away from the local restaurants to your room) and I would definitely recommend staying there."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of January 2009

A hidden gem

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"What a find! We had the pleasure of staying at Silk Cotton Resort in Goa's Bogmalo area recently. The property is absolutely charming with the cluster of 6 independent cottage like rooms surrounding a huge swimming pool. The owners of the property stay in the main house, a little removed from the guest living area. They're a lovely family…obsessed with making their guests feel at home without being intrusive! :)

It's an ideal place for those looking not to be amidst the chaos of North Goa and the solitude of South Goa. Both are easily accessible from the resort. It's near the airport so if you get in to the city late evening like we did and aren’t up to driving for an hour to get to anywhere, choose this place - literally 5 mins away. Our stay, though short (we were there for 3 nights) was wonderful. The service was personalized, the food was excellent and on-demand - the owners never hesitated to meet our culinary demands be it grilled fish, prawn curry or baked lasagna. They even set up a romantic candlelit dinner for us one night! There's a newly added gift shop in the resort that has the most delightful collection of curios and clothes…and MUCH cheaper than what we found in the local market. Other stuff that we really liked were an airport pick up so you save yourself the hassle of bargaining for a taxi at the airport and breakfast, both included in the tariff. We noticed that the family has young children as well so if you’re traveling with kids, they’ll have plenty of company.

All in all, it was a great holiday and a great place to stay. We chose it based on reviews on TA and weren’t let down at all."

• Travel date: Thu 13th of November 2008

Silk Cotton is Amazing

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"Staying at Silk Cotton it really felt like home. The owners are amazingly warm people. They really know how to be hospitable. The rooms are quite spacious, AC and all. The bathrooms are equally spacious. The 24 hour open pool is to die for not to mention the breakfast buffets on the terrace. Overall Silk Cotton is an amazing resort and if you went anywhere else it would be waste of your time and money."

• Travel date: Mon 11th of August 2008

awesome

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"silk cottons is an amazing place for any traveler, be it a single traveler or couples or families. the rooms are spacious n comfy.
the swimming pool is available all day long.
the best part about silk cottons is that its so peaceful. i definitely recommend this resort to all those who want to just relax and enjoy.
i had a wonderful stay there n will be going back there soon.my one tip to all the travelers is to carry your sunscreens :-)"

• Travel date: Sun 13th of July 2008