The Country Clube De Goa

Good

great place to stay while visiting the seven beaches

Reviewed 11th November 2012

"This is situated near anjuna beach(walking distance), where you can watch the sun sinking in the Arabian sea. The food was excellent, you can distinguish a dish form other by only tasting it. And you have lot of options to chose from. They had a fitness room well equipped."

• Travel date: 18th March 2010

Good Holiday Resort

Reviewed 16th November 2012

"I am a member of Country Vacations, so through them I booked this resort for our holiday in Goa. We were 3 couples with one small child. We stayed in this hotel from 10/12/09 to 13/12/09 for leisure. The rooms are of avarge size. The hotel has small swimming pool, gym, badminton court & kerela massage center. Housekeeping & general service is good . The resturant is small & food quality is good. This resort is just 5 minute walk from famous Anjuna beach & 20 min by car from Calangut & Bagha beach. I can say its a good place to stay when are you visiting goa for holiday."

• Travel date: 3rd February 2010

WORST holidaying experience ever

Reviewed 21st November 2012

"My parents recently went to Goa to unwind and de-stress.. all they got was a nasty experience at the Country Clube de Goa. Their bags were thrown out of their rooms in the middle of their holiday, because a score of "white skins" needed accommodation. These were rooms they had rightfully reserved in advance and paid for in full. The alternative offered was dingy and uncomfortable. The management has shown no sense of remorse or apology and I am absolutely shocked by their operating standards. In fact they seem to have an abundance of arrogance and apathy. I hope this review helps anyone that is considering holidaying at this hell hole."

• Travel date: 2nd February 2010

Relaxed and easy going

Reviewed 11th November 2012

"After a three week tour of northern India, we opted for a week of relaxation in tropical Goa and the Country Club de Goa met our needs perfectly. While a 10 minute walk to the coast (and then another 10 to Anjuna Beach) we didn't complain about the location. There were many good restaurants and shops up the road while you could always rely on cheap taxi's to get around. The fabulous Anjuna markets held each Wednesday? weren't that far away either. Anjuna itself wasn't as hectic as Baga Beach which was a relief. The owner of the Country Club de Goa was very friendly and room service terrific. The overall ambience was lovely, especially if you have a balcony. We ate there once which was OK, however we prefered the restaurants in Anjuna. Overall, Country Club de Goa was well worth the visit and succeeded in relaxing us mid way through our adventurous journeys thoroughout India."

• Travel date: 28th January 2010

No value for money

Reviewed 28th October 2012

"My wife and I booked this hotel through AGODA - and beware of AGODA because they obviously don't verify the information on their website. The Country Club de Goa misrepresents itself. It states it has Internet in the rooms but they don't even have the wiring to facilitate it. When we stayed for 5 nights over New Year's 2009/2010 we were told every day we asked that we'd have to try another hotel if we wanted to use it. We were told our room was a "Sunset Suite" but when we checked in we were informed that none of the rooms have a "sunset" view. The room was cold and functional, a typical 1-2 star room, definitely not a 3 star. I would have paid 1/3 of what I was charged. The hotel doesn't have a jacuzzi and its "fitness room" was stuffed with broken, tattered, machines. The location states 500 meters from the beach but it's more like a 30 minute walk over bad roads dodging cars, trucks & scooters. The food was average to poor and very pricey. I wouldn't recommend this hotel if you're a young couple. Not worth more than US$30 a night at most."

• Travel date: 6th January 2010

Good but not outstanding

Reviewed 16th November 2012

"The hotel is close to Anjuna beach but quite far from the main city- Panjim. Taxis can be booked at the hotel but they are little expensive. The hotel rooms are small but comfortable. If you are looking for luxuries, it is not a good choice. Food is OK but can definitely be improved. Overall, the stay was good but was more expensive in terms of the facilities that the hotel provides. Room service is good. I would suggest, avoid going in October as it will not be much of a fun place .. December-Jan should be the right time."

• Travel date: 4th December 2009