Pool view of PRESA di GOA

• special diet menus
  • hindi

Sheer Delight!

Reviewed 13th November 2012

"Presa Di Goa is true on every word claimed on the site. A dainty little place away from the noise and crowds and yet a 10 min drive from Calanghute, this place is a delight from the word go. Exceptional service, tastefully done up rooms and all facilities you would expect from a 4/5 star, only at 1/4th the price. Quite unbelievable, honestly. Please avoid this place if you like things loud and hectic. The only thing that might be given a miss is the food. The beach shacks would do a better job on that any day. Also, the approach road is rather deserted at night and you would need to have your own mode of commuting."

• Travel date: 8th December 2006

A Charming Hotel!

Reviewed 20th November 2012

"We stayed here for four days in November and were absolutely charmed by the hotel and all its amazing attention to detail. We had the Jasmin room, with breakfast every morning in our own little garden terrasse. We especially enjoyed the home-made papaya jam! We truly enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel particularly to couples (very romantic setting) but families would probably enjoy it as well. As we went during the low season, the price we paid was extremely reasonable for such first class service."

• Travel date: 2nd December 2006

Everything was excellent

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"I discovered Presa di Goa by stumbling on the Tripadvisor website - two good finds! I can only reiterate what everybody else has said. I stayed at this hotel for five nights from 22nd October, '06 (it was meant to be three and then I had planned to move to a hotel near Calangute beach but when I got there and saw the hotel and heard the noise), I rushed back to Presa di Goa with such a sense of relief (that they had a room for the following two nights) that I cannot tell you. I would say it is rare that they have a vacancy so I count myself to have been blessed. What can I say that adds to other reviews? Cynthia and Judas who own the hotel are so nice, Severina on the desk, the waiters (so well trained by Judas who worked for some years in Turkey - hence the Turkish connection), their driver - everybody associated with this hotel is just lovely. The place is spotlessly clean and well kept. I cannot fault this little hotel and the price I paid in October was excellent also !"

• Travel date: 26th November 2006

Complete Value for Money

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"I have just spent 3 wonderful days at the Presa DI. This is a beautiful small property with the most hospitable staff that one can expect. Severina & Cynthia who manage the font desk are extremely helpful and caring. Everyone from the security to the room service staff are more than willing to please. The Rooms are very tastefully done and yet retain a certain simplicity. The bathroom and linen are clean. The ONLY downside is that the Rooms dont have a refrigerator BUT the helpful staff more than make up for that. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a quiet place. Do NOTE that this is a little out of the way..about 15 mts to the main beach BUT that also adds to the glamour as its not in a crowded area. Be prepared to hire a vehicle if you want to frequently commute to different places."

• Travel date: 25th October 2006

Good One

Reviewed 13th November 2012

"I have find this Hotel on Net so i think better i try this country side hotel But reaching this hotel I find it my very good decision to chose This small and best hotel of Goa Excellent service , room and worth staying out there Ajay"

• Travel date: 6th October 2006

my third time there

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"I discovered Presa di Goa two years ago just by surfing the net. Since then I have been there three times already and always having a wonderfull stay and willing to be back. There is something magic in the whole atmosphere of this charming Country House. Champa room is my prefered. Facing the day to day life of the neighbouring houses one have a glance of real life there: Now is the fishman who shows up on his bike with the "catch of the day", later is the pantry man offering his goodies, then the kids going to school, and so on.... A dream of a place! Nice pool! One lives in luxury at Presa di Goa .But a very understated one. The real one: Five stars hotel services and facilities. Excellent food and better service at afordable rates. Mr. Speck and his crew prove excellent professionals. Congratullations! One feels heaven at Presa di Goa!"

• Travel date: 20th August 2006

Highly recommended-Presa

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"Loved everything about the Presa di goa! Charming hosts, good food & lovely pool. Location was great - near enough to the beaches & nightlife, but secluded in a tiny village. Rooms are very tastefully decorated & designed. Although the standard rooms are a bit tiny. Well worth upgrading to the Junior Suite. There is a turkish restaurant which serves good food. All in all- well worth staying here. Feels like your staying in a home & not a hotel!"

• Travel date: 26th May 2006

Affordable Luxury at Presa di GOa

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"General: Presa Di Goa in Nagoa Goa was a real gem and such a great find that I am loathe to write a review about it simply because everyone else will want to go! Whilst I would ideally like to keep it as our little secret, I was so struck by its excellence and affordability that I really do think that it deserves a mention here. It is owned by a Luxembourg born gentleman called Edouardo, a seasoned 5 star hotelier, his expertise really shines through in the excellent service, food and accommodation we received. The Property and Location: Presa do Goa is a substantially and beautifully extended old Indo Portugese house, but hasn't lost its charm in the slightest. It is situated in the very pretty, very quiet village of Nagoa, that boasts many lovely old Portugese villas and bungalows, a perfect setting for our evening walks. Nagoa is only a ten minute drive to the wonderful beaches and helpfully they provide complimentary towels and a daily drive to and from the beach if you wish. Accommodation: We didn't look at all the rooms but had a peak at some when they were being cleaned and found them all similarly tasteful, quaint and roomy. With just seven deluxe rooms/junior suites Presa do Goa was the ideal size for both our romantic getaway holiday and I would also recommend it for a family holiday as there was a French family of five having quite simply a wonderful time in the largish outside pool in the gardens and at the beach. All the suites are very tastefully furnished with antique furniture and have private balconies with table and chairs. The ground floor rooms have access to private outside areas, again with tables and chairs. We stayed in two first floor suites, Champa which was to the rear of the property and had a lovely balcony in constant and extremely pleasant dappled shade. (Our favourite times have been tucking in to our gorgeous breakfasts served on that balcony every morning in our bath robes watching the exotic birds hop from palm to palm....bliss with a mouthful of Papaya that was plucked from one of the trees!) The other suite was the largest one (Crossandra) which had a larger sunny balcony looking out to the gardens and pool. Service: Because Presa di Goa is a smallish and perfectly run hotel, the service and personal attention to guests needs, wants and desires is excellent. Edouardo Spek runs a tight ship and I cannot think of one incident whereby I would have rise to even think of complaining about anything and I have to say this is a first for me in a smaller hotel in India. I can honestly say that the service we had whilst in Delhi at the 5 star Imperial Hotel (which was fantastic by the way!) was no different to this, except here its on a smaller scale, in the countryside, and the genuine friendliness of all the staff makes it all the better. Food: Strangely this Goan hotel specialises in Turkish food, and I have to say their chef (who trained in Turkey and is exceptionally passionate about his food) really knows his stuff. In the lovely outside restaurant, our trays of mezzes with scrumptious hot pitta bread were an absolute delight and Simons delicious lamb skewered kebab selection served on clay bowls filled with hot charcoal were a particular hit. But if Turkish food is not your thing, their chefs can cook anything you like..perfectly. Simon particularly loved their mulligatawny soup, a real feast in a bowl, and with a plethora of coconut palms swaying in the breeze, the coconut based Goan cuisine is delicious and you can watch them shimmying up palm trees to pick the very coconuts that will be in it! Price: We stayed for ten days in early February 2006 and we paid approximately £70 per night. Worth every penny!"

• Travel date: 24th February 2006

Heaven in Goa

Reviewed 20th November 2012

"We stayed in Presa di Goa in January. We just came from a tiring but really interesting trip through Rajasthan, ready for a relaxing 8 days in Goa. But...we didn't reserve any hotel and everything was fully booked. We ended up at the Sonesta Inn which was a bit disappointing, not really clean and nothing special. Than we stayed one night in Casa di Goa. They have new suites which are ok and a pool. So if you really want to stay near the beach, it is an option. But we wanted something special, a pool, small, excellent service and a bit more quiet. We heard about Presa di Goa and thankfully they had availability. Beautifull small new hotel with georgious colonial interior, warm shower and a friendly helpfull staff. The hotel is in Nagoa, just 10 minutes by car/motor outside of Calangute. It's a lovely place, great meditiranian food (with a turkish twist), only seven rooms beautifull decorated. You will love it. The Luxemburg owner has been in the hotel industry for all his live and he really knows how to serve it's customer. We felt at home. The price of about 100 US (in the high season it is 200 US) is realy worth it. For the same quality you can stay in the flashy Nilaya but it will cost you much and much more. Only our lunch was about 60 Euro and the rooms cost 310 US. Anyway, if you like to stay in one of the nicest boutique hotels in Goa, go to Presa di Goa www.presadigoa.com"

• Travel date: 22nd January 2006

Hotels near Presa di Goa Country House

Presa di Goa Country House is also called

• presa di goa country hotel
  • hotel presa di goa country
  • hotel presa di goa country house