Beachfront Location

Good

Great Location

Reviewed 9th December 2012

"We managed to find a room at Longuinhos after being canecelled elsewhere in Goa. The Staff were friendly and excellent and the facilities were first rate ( far India) . The location right on the beach suited the children and the resturant was very handy. We would stay there again!"

• Travel date: 21st October 2007

For us it was very dessapointing

Reviewed 5th December 2012

"We didn’t’ like the place, we found the rooms very sad, with smelly blankets and noisy A/C. We where three there and we all thought the same. We’ve chosen what we thought it was a humble but a decent place but we were wrong. We found it quite disappointing because the location was excellent, the little village offered nice small places to eat and Colva Beach, where the resort is located was beautiful. I was prepared to deal with the hotel staff, not very charming as I understood from other reviews. But I found the rooms in Longuinhos really bad. For the same range of money other people stayed in better places, humble but with a nicer “feeling”. We planned to stay for four nights and we only stayed one. The breakfast consisted in toasts, coffee/tea, and fruit salad, nothing else."

• Travel date: 12th October 2007

Good experience with Loguinhos

Good
Reviewed 25th November 2012

"Recently (March 2007) been to Goa-India for 4 days short tour. Overall experience was good..fantastic food in shacks..silverspoon is one of the best. We stayed at Loguinhos Beach Resort in South Goa..the resort is right in front of the beach Colva. All rooms are not sea facing as they claim.. confirm before you book. Very limited vegetarian options but they will make it as per your order…sometime that included in your package..that’s Good! Hire a bike and roam around is the best option I will suggest..rather than going by taxi."

• Travel date: 11th May 2007

Mediocre hotel, horrible service

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"I stayed four nights at Longuinhos in April 2007, and found the service to be very poor for a hotel in this price range (1800 rupees + tax for a single). I had four separate service problems in just four days: 1) When asked for assistance in booking a taxi, the front desk staff told me I would have to walk into town (10 minutes in boiling heat) and book a taxi directly with the driver. 2) The hotel has guest laundry handled by an outside company, and takes no responsibility for what happens to your laundry. A pair of pants I had custom-made came back with a hole burned through the fabric. The laundry guy game to talk to me, and when I told him I wanted to be reimbursed $20 (a conservative price on my part), the guy gave me a major guilt trip about how he would have to deduct the amount from the wages of the guy who made the mistake, which would be more than a month's wages. 3) I called in a room service order, and more than an hour later called again to find out they forgot to give the order to the kitchen. No offer was made to give me the meal for free or at a reduced price. 4) After checking out, a half hour out of town my taxi driver got a call on his cell phone. It was the hotel informing me that they forgot to charge me for the previous night's dinner. They asked me to send money back with the driver, and again I was told that if I didn't, it would be deducted from a staff member's salary. Aside from being offended at the guilt trip for something that was not my mistake, I was also taken aback by the fact that the hotel obviously had the driver's cell phone number, and thus could have helped me book a taxi in the first place. As for the hotel itself, it's located as close to the beach as possible, and it's reasonably clean. I did see several bugs in my bathroom though, and had to have my room sprayed for ants, and the towels are very scratchy and stained. Lastly, I don't recommend Colva in general - the beach is boring, there is a strong smell of fish much of the time, and there's a lot of trash on the beach (but then that's India)."

• Travel date: 5th April 2007

An all right place to stay

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"We stayed at Longuinhos resort in 2003. I must say that i expected a better and well maintained hotel and was a little disappointed. Perhaps, i expected a lot. The food was very good and both my husband and I loved the food. The servings were decent and we did end up wasting most of it. We had booked a package for 3 nights and 4 days and all 3 times food was included. The staff was pretty friendly. We had no issues with booking tour packages of Goa and they also ensured that our luggage was sent to the bus stop as we took a tour on the last day. Renting a bike was also easy and in general a pretty ok experience. The room was decent not too good and although it faced the beach it also faced the fisherman's huts and there were pigs roaming around. That kind of took off the beauty. The beach was clean and it was fun walking up and down. The pool was small but clean and it was a good swim. Overall, a good resort to stay in"

• Travel date: 27th December 2006

Right on the beach but very poor service

Reviewed 28th October 2012

"We just came back from a four night stay at Longuinhos Beach Resort. The name of the hotel promisses more than you can expect. The food at the restaurant is very dissapointing. It is impossible to order food before 7 p.m. On the menu there are only three afternoon snacks to choose from. They don't make any fresh juices. Also the servings are very small. One night we ordered garlic prawns and we only got three of them. You can hardly call this a meal. Breakfast is included in the package but is also very poor. They serve coffee and tea but no fresh juices. The rooms are cleaned every day with fresh towels so that's a plus. But the matrasses are extremely hard so after four nights we are very happy to sleep in normal beds again. The pool is behind the hotel and while we stayed at the hotel renovations where carried out so it was very noisy. To conclude, the hotel let's its guests pay an additional 2% charge if you use a credit card. Are there any positive things to say about Longuinhos? Yes. As one of the few hotels it is right on the beach. There is a nice and relaxed beach shak (Boomerang) about 200 metres from the hotel and other beach shaks will open soon when the high season starts."

• Travel date: 8th October 2006

Disappointing

Reviewed 5th December 2012

"After reading a few positive reviews for Longuinhos in Goa we were sure we had found a decent spot. Unfortunately, we were terribly disappointed. Perhaps we would have had a different experience during the high season, but we were quite disappointed to find : a/c not fully functioning and extremely loud, TV not functioning, water pouring in the door from the rains, and lastly, the pool is actually in the back of the hotel - not facing the ocean at all. No poolside bar or even reclining chairs - we eventually received two plastic chairs but the pool water was being used for concrete mixing on an addition so we decided not to use the pool at all. We left after two long nights and found an outstanding resort up the street for a bit more - but well worth the extra $10."

• Travel date: 8th August 2006

MOST MEMORABLE EXPERIENCE

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"Hi, Am just back from my stay in Goa and wanted to share my wonderful experience. Longuinhos Beach Resort is a wonderplace to stay. Excellent location, rooms facing the sea. Rooms absolutely clean, good food, friendly staff. The beach is clean and safe aswell. Also, am a pure vegetarian and had no problems finding good food here.Vegetarians can now think of coming to GOA :) Looking forward to spend a holiday here again !!! It was like a dream come true ..."

• Travel date: 11th February 2006

Good hotel, staff need to go to charm school

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"We stayed at Longuinhos in January 2006. The location of the hotel was brilliant, right on the beach and I think most rooms have beach views. The rooms and the hotel were clean. The hotel is situated next to the area where fish are dried in Colva so at times outside of the hotel, there is the odour of dried fish but you couldn't smell it within the hotel. Breakfast was good, which consisted of indian and english food. Every day there would be a different south indian/goan speciality for breakfast. We found the staff in general not very friendly and hardly communicated with us at all. The staff at the front desk were not welcoming on our arrival and were quite stand offish most of the time. We found the room rate quite high if you hadn't book as a package but we found that many places in the south of Goa did charge quite a bit so I imagine the Goa hotel owners to be very happy people."

• Travel date: 2nd February 2006

Nice hotel and location. Service not great though.

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"We stayed at the Longuinhos Beach Resort in early New Year. I would say that the hotel, its location and facilities are all good. Our only disappointment was the standard of service we received from the staff. Most of them seemed bored and rather unfriendly, which is a shame as otherwise the place is fine."

• Travel date: 1st February 2006