About Karma Royal Palms

• bath shower
  • hair dryer
  • baggage storage
  • car hire
  • express check in check out
  • bottled water
  • kids club
  • hindi
  • coffee tea maker

Good

nice place shame about the management

Reviewed Mon 7th of January 2013

"We stayed in this hotel for one week after staying in another royal goan property for the 2 weeks before.This hotel had been refurbished and the rooms were basic but clean,the pool was spotless although the loungers were nearly all damaged and it was clear that a lot of work had been done,the problems are mainly to do with the way it operates,individual staff are friendly but no one seems to check anything.On arrival we were shown to a room,the front promptly fell off the air conditioner,there were two balconeys but nothing to sit on,the china had not been checked and some equipment was missing,a few telephone calls and it was sorted out.Every day it was a guessing game as to what linens would be changed,1 towel today 6 tomorrow,no hot water to wash anything up in so had to rinse it under the cold tap,no plugs anywhere for the sinks and because the room was very small and overlooked the road noisy at night and all the dust blew in all the time.The staff try hard but do not seem to be trained,in the restaurant,which had only just opened,we were told that they could not serve any drink as they were not licensed but then a wine list appeared,the food was truly awful but there are a lot of places to eat in Benaulim.I would not recomend this hotel to anyone who is expecting a good standard,about 2 star quality in England."

• Travel date: Thu 14th of February 2008

Loved the Resort

Reviewed Wed 2nd of January 2013

"I stayed at Royal Goan Beach Club at Royal Palms, Benaulin from 14th Jan., 2008 to 17th Jan., 2008. I reached the Hotel at 6-00 am on 17th Jan 2008. The Reception Staff was so courteous that as soon as I reached there, he immediately alloted a suite for me, without making me wait. The suite was nice, well furnished with good ambience & kitchen facilities. The staff were also kind & gave good service. I used the swimming pool during my stay & the atmosphere there was very good. I used the Gym also. It was fully equipped. So many activities, like painting, magic show & other cultural programmes, were taking place near the swimming pool. The atmosphere in the Bar & Restaurant was very good. The service was also satisfactory. Everything was enjoyable. As I was allotted accommodation through another club at Chennai, I was given concession in tariff. If given another opportunity & concession in tariff, I would prefer to stay there again. -- K Krishnamurthy, Chennai (Tamilnadu)"

• Travel date: Thu 31st of January 2008

Had great time

Reviewed Tue 1st of January 2013

"We just returned after a great Christmas holidays in Goa. This was our 3rd holiday in Royal Palms. We were very impressed by the renovation of the rooms this year. Our apartment had completely new set of furnitures, bathroom and both the living and master had AC. We love the pool as its a big and my kids are always there. The beach is 10-15 mins walk from the resort and is neat and clean unlike other beaches like Colva, Calangute.. Its neat and clean and overall I would say good value for money.
Happy Holidays!
Gopal, Bangalore"

• Travel date: Thu 17th of January 2008

incorrectly advertised by jewel in the crown

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"very poor rooms not up to 3star rating as the jewel in the crown brochure stated. Area very nice and lovely people, would go to the area again but not that resort."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of September 2007

Not a worthy stay

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"I had been to this royal palms resort during june 2007. I was accompanied with my wife and we both decided to take this place for our honeymoon stay. And thats the blunder I did in my life choosing the wrong place for a special occasion by going down for sales talk by resort sales guys. I've taken T1 type apartment where they claim spacious for 4 people to stay but actually for two. Very poor furnitures, sofas in pathetic condition ( later I found out from one of the sales guy that all those sofas are about to dumped immediately after our stay), mini kitchen in bad condition, not enough kitchen wares to cook etc..etc..

Food was a real nightmare (i'm a person who adapt to any kind of food as long as it is etable) but the pizza that we ordered the day we reached there made me not to try anymore in this resort and finally we managed to find restaurants nearby and cook ourselves for couple of days with whatever is available.

A person claimed to be a GRM took us to other royal beach resorts and told us royal palm resort is the worst resort we had in our list of clubs under royal goan beach club resorts as it was taken over from somebody and not maintained properly. He showed us other clubs of royal group which is really worth getting there for a week stay holiday. But he told me that I can use this facilities only if I take their membership which costs few lakhs. But I was given an offer saying if I buy membership the same day i'd get it for half the price. I was really cornered and had no choice and time to think about it. For this I spent nearly 5 hrs with this guy who was talking and explaining all sorts of things in the world.

After spending few hours with this sales guy I had an impression that they made us to stay in royal palms intentionally where they themselves claim one of the worst place for stay. Then they took us to their other better club resorts and wanted us to compare our horrible stay so that you get easily attracted towards their actual resorts and buy timeshare in those resorts.

People in the reception were trained in showing split personality towards guests. They wanted to please all foreigners but if you are an indian better be prepared to face such rude behaviors from front office crew.

Altogether my honeymoon trip was a complete mess but in a way it helped us to learn how to get along with each other when we are in trouble. I would recommend this resort to couple who wanted to learn about life lessons how to live together at bad times.

Worth in a way at least for this purpose."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of July 2007

Fabulous

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"I have read with dismay a few bad reports on this complex although the good ones well outnumber theseI feel I must say that although the rooms are basic and probably need refurbishing which I beleive they are doing this coming summer they are fully useable, and clean. The gardens, pool, units and everthing here is spotless although service can be slow, but this is their custom, the staff are courteous and helpful and overall I enjoyed this getaway so much I bought into the Royal folio of vacations. My next visit is this coming Febuary and I cannot wait. We also have been at another 2 Royal resorts in Goa as well as numerous Rci reorts and this one I would highly reccommend."

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of June 2007

The worst resort I had ever experienced

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"I was provided this Hotel by RCI - I was really taken back when I looked at the rooms in the hotel. Royal Beach Resort has another 3 star hotel called Hathi Mahal - which is really Good.

My request to people is to go for Hathi Mahal and not for Royal Palms - the cost being the same at both the resorts.

The service was very bad - the lady at the reception was terrible. They need to be thought what friendlyness / courteous means...The had the world smallest kitchen - you order for anything (even for water) it would take atleast an hours time. The facilities / room service / cleaning were the worst of all. The Room boy would hand over you towels if you see you on the corridor.

I really don't know how come RCI has been affiliated with such hotels. I am taking it up with RCI also.

So, Please do not ever try with this resort at all..

Kothand"

• Travel date: Sun 6th of May 2007

Enjoyable!

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"We just returned after a week's stay at the Royal Palms in Benualim. We were invited to stay at the resort by the sales team, inorder to see and experience the hotel, and later maybe buy their timeshare package.
Though, we didnt take the timeshare, we enjoyed our stay. We were in a T1 apartment, facing the main road. I liked the fact that the rooms were wide and spacious - best when you travel in group, and like to spend all night chatting in the same room!
Our rooms were clean, we didnt ahve a noisy a/c (though we had a fan that didnt work), and our walls didnt immediately need a fresh coat of paint!
Room service was not the best, but the food was tasty. With their very well-equipped kitchen, we also had the choice of making breakfasts in the room!

Taxi's to North Goa are easily availble at the entrance, though a tad bit expensive. Plenty of restaurants nearby.

A nice place to stay, howvere you have to be a member of their timeshare program to book into their rooms."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of January 2007

total relaxation

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"We,ve been to the Royal Palms for 3 years in a row! Yes, the first time we went we were initially taken back by the standard of the rooms since we were led to believe that the company we use only dealt with 5* accomodation! The friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness of the resort more than made up for it. from Betty on reception to the housekeeping staff and the beauty/ massage staff - they all wanted to please. To all those people who moan - just remember to treat people as you wish to be treated!
Benaulim and the beach are wonderfull. Plenty of cheap restaurants and beach shacks. So what if meals are slow, not that we found that they were, you,re on holiday so relax!"

• Travel date: Sat 6th of January 2007

Great stay at Royal Palms

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"We (me and my husband) have just returned from a week long stay (Dec 9th - 16th, 2006) at the royal palms resort in goa . Believe me, this was the best vacation we have ever had.

We stayed in a T1 apartment that has one living area with a mini kitchen and a bedroom. The kitchen is really handy as you can cook your own breafast/dinner. They provide all the basic vessels that are neccessary and also a microwave. There is a super market nearby to buy groceries.

The apartment is neatly maintained and the service is prompt. The pool too is well maintained and regularly cleaned. (I have added pictures of all these). The only pain point was that the A/C in the bedroom makes quite a noise which is disturbing at night. (but once we put it on high cool mode, it was much better)

The Benaulim beach is a good 1.5 km away (10 min walk) from the resort. Although we had seen most of the beaches in goa, i would say that the benaulim and colva are the best as they are secluded and peaceful apart from offering the beach side restaurants and sunbeds that the crowded north goa beaches have. You can easily rent a bicycle or bike and visit these beaches on your own.

The best part is you can find both shallow areas where waves are mild and don't pull you in so that even if you are a non-swimmer you can have a blast in the sea and deep areas where the waves come high enough to drench your head. Take your favourite book and settle on a sun bed with a mocktail to enjoy the benaulim sunset - it's just beautiful. And don't forget to apply sunscreen lotion - otherwise you are bound to become tanned (dark) in the beach sun.

As for food, the beach shacks offer good food at reasonable price (the restaurant inside the resort is quite costly). If you are a non vegetarian, you will find lots of variety to choose from. But beware, most of the restaurants start preparing the food only after order is placed, so be there well ahead of your hunger time as it will take quite a long time for food to arrive.

As for long travel to north goa, you will find lot of taxis for hire just outside the resort - you can take a driver too (the taxi service provided by the resort is costly). We went to north goa on a hired cab (with driver) and to palolem beach + cabo de rama fort on bike. The view from the fort and the drive were good. Once you are near the fort, you get to see the beach from the driveway (which is on a hill). But the fort is not maintained well and there are few tourists.

That's it , have a great and relaxed vacation in goa!"

• Travel date: Tue 19th of December 2006

Be Careful

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"This is a run down resort with each room having the noisiest air conditioning in the world!!
Staff were unhelpful in finding us another room. Offered us a tin of paint when I complained that the room needed decorating!!
For timeshare owners using their exchange facility, avoid it like Deli Bellie!!"

• Travel date: Tue 5th of December 2006

benaulim exceellent hotel ok

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"just come back from two week stay here hotel itself was adequate staff were freindly but service was poor if you want lunch order at least 1 hour in advance reception staff were very very slow even by indian standards benaulim itself is a very small village with only a few bars n restaurants however there are plenty of restaurants available only a short taxi or rickshaw ride away would definatly go back to benaulim but not to this hotel ps pleasetry roger or cocos beach shacks next to each other on the beach excellent food in both"

• Travel date: Fri 1st of December 2006