Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites

Good

Small hotel near bagha beach

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"We visited the hotel when it had opened recently.

Small hotel next to a small lake. Small pool with a nice restaurant. had some great chicken tikkas there.

The hotel is about 7-10mins from bagha beach by any two wheeler. Nice alternative to have amongst the North goa hotels. Good hotel in case on doesnt have an option of staying near the beach."

• Travel date: Wed 29th of April 2009

Loved the entire experience

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Extremely good service rendered by staff. Food quality is great, so are the room & room service.
The staff took great care of my 1 yr old baby & we really enjoyed our stay there. Would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Goa for a holiday."

• Travel date: Sun 26th of April 2009

Fun holiday at affordable price

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"Good: Perfectly nice & organised room, Very good food and room service. Newly built and nice room ambience . Excellent pool facility.Value for money

Bad: Away from commercial town"

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of April 2009

Okay Overpriced Hotel With Bad Room Service

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"I booked the hotel through one of my friends who had briefly visited the hotel. It felt overpriced with the kind of space and location and facilities when I actually stayed. Though it was year end but due to Mumbai incident tourist footfall was drastically less than normal.
The hotel provided pickup from the airport but refused drop which was expected and felt really bad.
The hotel is situated about 4km away from famous Kalangute beach and there is nothing good about its surroundings. Being away from the beach is the main drawback and the local taxi operators will try to fleece you. So a bargain is order of the day.
During my stay some construction work was going on just across my room and I had to keep the door that side closed to avoid sound and dust. The rooms are smaller but okay. Cleanliness was good but room service was really bad. At one occasion I had to give a good dressing down when drinking water was not provided even after 20 minutes and 2 calls. And this was almost a regular feature during my 5 days stay and despite very few guests. I had mentioned this in the feedback and hope they improve.
The hotel has a swimming pool which was maintained properly.
Breakfast was inclusive in the tariff and it proved the best facility the hotel provided. Food was good and restaurant staff was courteous.
There was a so called gala night on the new year eve which was mandatory part of the package and charged @ Rs.5000. It was thoroughly low standard and food served during it was also bad. It was totally unworthy of the charges imposed.
The hotel has wireless internet facility but I could not test it due to the astronomical changes.
This hotel is recommended only when charged below market rate and you stay out most of the time of your stay."

• Travel date: Sat 28th of February 2009

Very Good Hotel

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"Very good hotel and would highly reccomend it. The staff were excellent very attentive and helpful. The place is quite, clean & tidy and kept in top condition. The food is good and worth a try.
It is a few km out of the way but we actually liked this as it was a little oasis away from all the husstle and busstle and taxis are very easy to get as soon as you want one and not so expensive."

• Travel date: Fri 16th of January 2009

Wonderful, peaceful resort

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"My friends and I found this hotel on Opodo after landing in an awful place in Anjuna. Upon arrival we were immediately upgraded to a suite for free and we were very happy with our room. The resort was pretty much deserted and we were treated like royalty from the moment we arrived. The pool and grounds were pristine with staff constantly working. Our room had a king size bed with lovely duvet and pillows, flat screen tv, air con, tea and coffee, mini bar, seating area, 2 balconies, separate toilet and bathroom. Decor was in good order and modern on account of the hotel only having been open a year. I booked into the salon for a full body massage (approx £23) which was wonderful. The pool was clean and spacious and in the evening they had live musicians which was a nice touch. We ate in the restaurant on the first evening and Joseph the chef came out to ensure we were happy with our meals. These were good value for money although we had an issue on the bar staff not informing us that they were serving double measures of vodka - which are only priced as singles on the menu. Housekeeping took care of our laundry and did some lovely towel art for us. The resort was lit up with fairy lights at night - it was quite magical. There is a taxi stand outside the hotel and just 10 mins to Baga or Calangute. It was def an advantage to be staying away from the busy tourist strips. We paid approx £61 a night inc buffet breakfast for what was a 5 star resort - excellent value! Would recommend to all."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of November 2008

Excellent Hotel - Loved it!

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"We were originally only staying at Lazy lagoon for 3 nights - but afert we arrived we extended our stay for an extra four nights. Our suite was fabulous - extremely well fitted out (LCD TV screen, two balconies, rain shower, separate toilet, candle in the bathroom, separate lounge area and bedroom area), much bigger than a normal hotel room, contemporary decor and extremely clean.

The staff were all very attentive, polite and friendly. The restaurant served great food (and cocktails) at very reasonable prices. Joseph the Chef visited our table regularly to check everything was OK and offered to make any special meal we wanted. Even the cleaners looked after us - they made animal shapes (such as chickens, fish and swans) out of our towels and left them on the bed with notes each morning!

The Day Spa at the hotel was very well fitted out (each room has its own shower), with great masseuses - but twice as expensive as we had paid at another hotel during the same trip.

The hotel outlook is very pleasant - over a series of lagoons, with cows wandering about ?The pool is excellent and there were plenty of pool-side recliners and tables near the outdoor bar for everyone. The lights at night (in the trees, along paths, and on buildings) were beautiful.

Baga Beach is about a 20-25 min walk from the hotel and it is about a 45 min drive from Panjim. We hired a scooter from a local (for RP250 per day) and that worked really well. There are two great restaurants close by - a wonderful Italian restaurant (J & A's Little Italy - http://www.littleitalygoa.com) and a very good French restaurant - Le Poisson Rouge (see http://web.me.com/gregorybazire/lepoissonrouge/welcome_2.html). Both are within 15 mins walk of the hotel (on Baga Road - near the bridge).

The only downside? The wireless internet would only work on the balcony (not in the room) and the packages are fairly expensive (though maybe not compared to other hotels in India). But, in the scheme of things, this was a very minor quibble.

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel - it was excellent!"

• Travel date: Fri 14th of November 2008

Friendly and Quality

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"Was booked in for 2 nights late August but stayed 8 more days into September. Beautiful facility, close to (but not at) a lot of tourist venues, Friendly and Helpful and supportive staff, outstanding restaurant, has spa and massage and fitness, swimming pool good for lap swimming (tho kidney shaped), easy transportation, only thing amiss for business traveler is spotty internet availability. very comfortable and friendly. 15 minutes taxi to Mapusa, 10 min taxi to Calangute, 5 minute taxi to Baga -- north Goa beaches all within easy taxi reach. A quiet retreat with excellent landscaping and relaxed environment."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of September 2008

Excellent Property

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"It was a wonderfull experience staying at Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites at Goa. We were greeted by the G.M. - Shekhar - who was a warm person and helped us made our stay a memorable one. The Hotel presents a good location, it is situated close to the Baga beach (say around 2 km; 5 minutes drive by a 2 wheeler) which is amongst the best beaches of north Goa. Although a 4 star property, the suites / facilities / amenities are comparable to a 5 star deluxe one. We (me & my wife) were given one of the suites on the ground floor and I must say that it turned out to be an amazing & a delightfull stay for us. The suite was a spacious one, nicely done, well furnished, neat & clean and had nice interiors. It had plasma TV & the wardrobe which carried electronic safe. The bathroom too was great with Jaguar fittings and spacious shower area. There were only two things which were uncomfortable here - one, the size of the wash area / dressing area was a little small and second, the bathroom door did not have any locking system...!! This bothered me slightly and I complained to the reception about this who expressed regrets and told me that this is due to the fact that the Hotel just recently opened for business in November 2007 and is still not fully complete. Anyway, we were assured that our complaint would be surely taken care of and bingo ...!! we found the door lock in place by the same night when we returned back to our suite!!!

The staff present at the Hotel was quite warm & helping and we experienced great hospitality. The food was just excellent and the services were prompt. All in all, except for a few things here & there, our stay at Lazylagoon was an amazing one and proved to be a good decision on our part.

We enjoyed our stay very much and I would definately recomend this hotel to my freinds and relatives."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of March 2008

Worst Hotel in Goa

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"I recently visit Goa for new years and had a fantastic time, inspite of this terrible terrible hotel. The service was a complete joke to the point that all the guests were united in rebeling against the hotels and its completely indifferent management.

While, the resort is brand new, the hotel is TERRIBLE. I highly recommend you avoid this place at all costs. When I got there I saw the manager fighting with a few guests and assumed those guests were being unreasonable but little did I realize that its the manager. His name is Zubin, I believe was the prolbem. He was completley indifferent to the fact that the hotel's restaurant did not have basic things like bottled water, took 45 mins to bring a sandwich at lunch time (when only two people were in the restuarants). He didn't care that the staff literally cursed out my friend for asking the extension for housekeeping twice (which we were forced to do because none of the buttons on the phone worked). All he said was the hotel was new and that the guests should deal with it or leave.

I'd list out the rest of the problems with the hotel but it would take too long."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of January 2008