Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa

• smoking rooms available
  • swimup bar
  • kids club

Good

Need to confirm first!!!!!!

Reviewed Sat 29th of December 2012

"Before you book, make sure you book the one in the new building. Never book the suite in the old building as its the worst kind. Always confirm the new building. The new building has the rooms with private jacuzzis too. Hotel is 2 mins of walk from the beach. They have nice chefs. Breakfast menu is very limited. staff is very friendly. when booking taxi from hotel, book one- way, since hotel taxis are way too expensive. you can always come back with a cheaper one. wine menu is good if you looking for domestic wines. majority of the wines in goa are domestic. waiters will tell you imported, but the label will tell that the collabration(machinery) is imported."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of November 2009

Excellent resort ..

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"I visited the resort last weekend, i.e. from 26th September to 29th September. I was impressed by the resort , and found it to be an absolute value for money location.

I had gone for the premium suite accomodation. The rooms were big with plasma tv, and huge balcony that faced the sea. The bathrooms were clean and it included a jacuzzi. The service was excellent both at room as well as at the reception.

I only had breakfast included as part of the package. The breakfast was good with plenty of variety. The only grouse that I had was that there were no sausages/bacon in the breakfast. But with the majority of residents being Indian, I can understand.

I would suggest having lunch at nearby places such as beach snacks like Zeebops (right next to the hotel on the beach), Johncy's at benaulim beach or Martins Corner at Betalbatim (The best place to eat in Goa).

The beach is a 2 minute walk from the resort, and the beach was very clean with hardly any tourists. There were bicycles on hire which was a good thing. The pool at the resort was clean with a sunken bar

Overall an excellent place to have a relaxing weekend.
Looking at the crowd, and the beach, this is also a very kid-friendly resort and beach."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of September 2009

Royal Orchid galaxy - the perfect place to unwind, relax, rejuvenate

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"Royal Orchid galaxy hotel turned out to be a a wonderful experience for me and my wife. they had very good, spacious and clean rooms which were very modern and a portion of one section is still in the proces of being full westernised interms of decor and interiors and should be complete by november 2009. So partial construction is going on but isnt bothersome to the guests.

We were initially in a tucked away and peaceful ground floor room and upgraded to a sea facing room on request by the the very friendly and courteous duty manager Mr. Mayekar.

Our stay in both the rooms were wonderful, the partial sea facing suite had very pleasant and modern interiors with a main room and bed room with LCD tv's in each room and good wooden finish and all neccessary ammenities. one side of the room offered a lovely view of the pool and hotel layout and other side had a balcony where you could relax and gave a good view of the sea. All rooms also have a good locker facilty to store valuables

The bathrooms were clean and spacious with good shower, glass doors for the shower, bath tubs, hair dryers etc. the house keeping and laundry guys were prompt and effective in their services.

The pool was nice and had a sunken bar with it. The hotel hired out cycles and its wonderful to go cycling on the beach. they have a mini golf course, live large sized chess board in the garden and lawn tennis facilities too

There is a ayurvedic massage centre offereing decent packages

The entire hotel staff was extremely cooperative, courteous and cheerful. the food was also quite good with buffet style meals with the option for a-la carte.

The food could definetly include more of goan delicacies for people wanting more of the goan fare and for the wine drinkers, the wine selection offered at the hotel needs to be improved. which i believe is currently being taken into consideration

Overall for those looking for a peaceful, serene getaway to unwind, relax, rejuvenate, soak in the sun and sand or to just laze around reading a book this is an ideal place and as per season offers good VFM packages inclusive of all meals"

• Travel date: Wed 19th of August 2009

Great customer service and very understanding and polite staff

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"The first thing I noticed upon arrival was the willingness of the hotel staff in helping us get to our rooms. The manager, Dhanraj Singh, was only too polite and understanding about the requirement of an extra room and made it available within minutes. He saw to it that my wife, my friends and I had no problem in settling in. The hotel was a recommendation by a friend and I found them beating expectations every step of the way. Great rooms for the price we paid, a very serene private beach and a nice and clean pool with a pool bar were incentives to make our stay a memorable one. On the day of the checkout, we were given ample time to pack our things and be on our way. Help was always a holler away, room service was great and the rooms, clean and welcoming. Sidney, the pool bartender, gave away complimentary drinks for my wife and myself as well. My wife loved the stay and so did my friends. A big thumbs-up to the staff and Dhanraj for making it beautiful for us. I plan on staying there each time I go to Goa.

An overall rating of 9.5/10."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of August 2009

i got robbed in this hotel

Reviewed Fri 28th of December 2012

"i am sanjay porwal . i was staying at this hotel & had to go to park hyatt to attend a party. i gave the room keys at the reception & left at 7.00pm for the party.when icame back at midnight following things were missing from my room: 1)Rs.9000 cash ;2)my i pod;3)my wife's mobile.the camera was also kept with this but was not stolen.only things which could be easily hidden in the pocket were missing.we immediately informed the duty manager but he refused to help us.next day we made a police complaint at verna police station.our experience at this hotel was a disaster.so beaware of theft by the staff in this hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of July 2009

The beach was wonderful and so also the sinking bar

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"The beach was excellent , serene ,beautiful .The hotel is also excellent .The rooms are great ,the sunken bar is also great"

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of June 2009

Serene & Peaceful

Reviewed Fri 12th of October 2012

"I went to this hotel in the month of March. In the previous month I was in North Goa, So this time i wanted to be in south Goa.

This is a good hotel with all the amenities like pool, in house rest & bar. I loved the morning breakfast which was included in the package. The staff were good and extended all their help in finding me a personal car for 2 days. This is located right on the beach, although you will have to take 2 min walk from the back of hotel.
There was a mini golf course and children play area which my child loved the most and ofcourse swimmig pool and jacuzi. The pool bar is a nice place to with under water sitting.

overall, I was pretty satisfied with the hotel and its staff.

Tip 1: There are a few shops just outside the hotel where you can buy items of daily needs and beer as well. Remember while bringing beer inside the hotel, do keep them in a bag as the hotel policy doesn't allow eatables from outside.

Tip 2: Just outside the hotel there is a taxi stand. So if you don't want a car, you can hire a taxi. However the charges are steep. So you would probably want to hire a car in case you want to roam around.

Important Places:

Airport: 25 min drive
Bogmolo Beach: 20 min drive
Colva Beach 10 min drive
Utorda Beach: Walk

Finally would love to be at this place again as it gave a perfect relaxing holiday"

• Travel date: Sun 31st of May 2009

Loved the pool

Reviewed Fri 28th of December 2012

"This was the first time we were staying at a hotel in south goa as we have always usually favoured calangute, baga etc but the hotel was a nice surprise. Its quite close to madgaon station, the ambience is good, nice pool and nice landscaping, a mini golf course and the beach adjacent is quite good. Rooms were OK, and the service was good. The barbeque dinner was quite repetitive, suggest to take the a-la-carte menu. The only downside is the hotel is quite in an isolated spot so unless you have your own transportation it would be difficult to get around and taxis in goa are quite exorbitant."

• Travel date: Fri 17th of April 2009

not for us ....

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"I stayed at the Royal Orchid after a week in Hyderabad. Full of hope on arriving in Goa for the first time we were immediately disappointed upon arrival. Renovation of hotel lobby and around pool area. Always one to see the glass half full I went onto the room with a "well everyone needs to update their hotel sometime" and maybe we were just unlucky. I did think they should let you know before you arrive.
Anyway, we got to the room which was a decent size for the price per night. It was a bit grubby with marks onthe wall and bathroom a little old and dirty but the more closely you looked the more you realised that the sheets were dirty (lipstick, stains, etc) and the A/C was loud. Hot water was very temperamental but you have to remember where you are... so again a little leeway. However i was beginning to be more disappointed.

On the first night there was an indian wedding party which was very noisy and went on till about 11PM. This was repeated the next night and the morning after at 8.30AM music and shouting began. All in all 3 of the 5 nights stayed had parties. The resort seems to be popular with Indian weddings, Birthdays etc which play out on the lawn at the expense of eveyone staying at the hotel. Again - no warning any day.

Breakfast was also disappointing and the hospitality and warmth i had felt in Hyderabad had cooled a little in Goa.

All in all - it's a cheap option with a great location on the beach but we still left very disappointed. If it wasn't for the Kenilworth next door and the beach shacks, we'd have struggled for somewhere to spend our evenings in Goa."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of November 2008

Very good resort - well located & well maintained - renovation in progress!

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"This resort, previously called Galaxy Resorts, was taken over by Royal Orchids in Apr'08. It is well located in the south of Goa near Margao (around 10km) at Utorda (next to Majorda).
The resort was partly under renovation when we visited, but we still had access to the swimming pool and the nice green lawns with kids play and big Chess Board (see picture).
The resort is attached to the beach - Utorda - which is clean and less crowded (infact crowd of the hotels nearby only).
The rooms are clean and well maintained - the one I got had garden view balcony and a bath tub - the room service was good and the room had a fridge, coffee/tea maker with tea bags & coffee sachets, AC and even a safe locker.
Swimming pool was quite clean and is quite big - with 2 toddler pools - and a pool bar (although not operational during my visit, but expected to be open before the season begins in a few weeks).
Other facilities under construction are the health club, a lounge area & reception area. Resort also has mini-golf (again not operational)
Food wise, we had taken only the breakfast option - which was quite good - but due to the small dining hall, it always looked crowded - food had variety but lacked the finesse...maybe something which could better after the renovation - but still taste was good and service was excellent!
There are 2 good beachside restaurants for dinner by sea shore (not owned by the resort) where you can chill out. Also, near Majorda (just before the luxury Majorda Beach Resort), there is a good restaurant called Pentagon which offers real good food and a very cordial service staff.

Overall a very good resort and expect this to be real luxury resort once it is fully renovated on the lines of other big resorts Goa has ."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of October 2008