Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa

Arossim Beach South Goa, Cansaulim 403712 India

A wonderful resort

"My husband and I just returned from a month-long trip to India. We stayed at the Oberoi hotels in Agra and Udaipur, the Taj hotels in Mumbai, Jaipur (Rambagh), Cochin, the Kumarakom Lake Resort in Kerala, and the Imperial in New Delhi. We ended up in Goa at the Park Hyatt for our final 4 days before flying home. We had read the negative reports on the Park Hyatt before we left home and hoped they were incorrect. We are happy to say that those reports must have been about a different resort than the one we stayed in. The resort is fabulous and reminded us of the Hyatt in Kauai. Every member of the staff went out of his or her way to make us feel welcome. On my husband's birthday almost a dozen staff members wished him a Happy Birthday even though we never said a word about it being his birthday. A large chocolate cake and a gift from the spa were surprises in our room. The food in the Italian Restaurant and the Market Grill was very good. The grounds were beautifully landscaped, and both the enormous pool and the beach were most enjoyable. The spa has recently been named one of the top spas in the world, and the treatments were reasonably priced. We would highly recommend the Park Hyatt to anyone staying in Goa."

• Travel date: Sun 26th of February 2006

Much better than expected!

"We stayed at the Hyatt in November, and were nearly put off by the negative reviews.. However, we thankfully still went, and were really pleased to find it was so much nicer than we could have expected!

The standard of the development and the public areas as well as bedrooms puts it as one of the best in Goa."

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of February 2006

Golden Beach

"We have just had a wonderful 2 weeks at the Park Hyatt, in a lovely clean,airy room overlooking one of the lagoons. The beach was a couple of minutes walk from the main buildings of the hotel, but you walk through beautifully kept gardens, looked after by 40 gardeners. Keep a look out for the lovely lizards along the boardwalk, and if you are lucky you will spot beautiful kingfishers outside the gym windows, and by the main lobby.
The beach is incredibly clean and tidy and such a beatiful golden sand, and the staff do their best to make you comfortable with sun loungers or mats and towels on the sand.
The prices in the restaurants in the hotel were really too high, (bebinca and icecream 180Rupees, Kingfisher beer 170 Rupees)) and so most of our meals were taken at the Venus shack on the beach, and at Martins Corner (bebinca and icecream 65Rupees!!, Kingfisher beer 60 Rupees), an amazing local restaurant about 10 minutes away by Taxi. I agree with a previous review that the taxi prices are too steep for the area, and the taxi drivers do not seem keen to negotiate a price.
There are plenty of interesting photo opportunities on the beach, as apart from the sunsets, you have the local fishermen pushing the boats out to sea, and later pulling the catch in and the locals filling up their baskets to take to market.
If you don't like paying hotel prices for soft drinks, go to the end of the drive, and the local KIT KAT shop, sells all sorts of goodies to fill your mini bar, and good sunscreens and moisturisers, at local prices..
Having said all that, I can only say again how relaxing the holiday was, the staff were all eager to please, and wanting to practice their English (and Russian), the hotel was very clean and spacious, the pool clean and of an interesting design, apart from the hotel food prices, we would go there again."

• Travel date: Sun 29th of January 2006

Good but expensive

Good

"Stayed here on first visit to goa, it's too far away from the main parts of old goa and panjim. You can't tell that you're in goa when you are in the resort. Can't fault the rooms, the bathrooms are the best and that shower is to die for. I would stay somewhere else next time though as you don't get a picture of the wonderfulo goan life."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of January 2006

Fantastic Hotel and Holiday Recommend it

"My Wife and I arrived at the Park Hyatt on the 4th December for our 40th wedding aniversary for 15 day's, we arrived back and decided to write a review about this wonderful hotel, we could not believe some of the reports?. every one at the hotel spoke perfect English, why do so many people expect every one to understand and talk English in their own country, how many languages do they speak. the food was cooked to perfection and being vegetarians Goa is perfect, about the prices being high it is not what you eat and drink it where you eat and drink determines the price you pay for example! 8 coffees in the square in Monte Carlo £96.00 we had the choice to drink there or not, we choose not to. We did eat out a lot and recommend Martins Corner, The pentagon, Good Mans pub,the two shacks on the Hyatt beach, average price less than £10.00 for two including drinks. We hired the car from the Hyatt for two day's high price, then ventured out of the hotel on foot, we had no problems from the security it was from these people we found out if we hire a taxi from outside booked through the hotel they take a percentage of the fare, the taxi's outside are nothing to do with the Hyatt and we had no problems because we spent time talking to them, every time we left it was a wave and a smile, we were directed to Edwin who lives around the corner from the Hotel and we used him for all our needs for the rest of our stay, average price paid to him was about £20.00 for up to 12 hours a day, far more comfort than a tour bus and we could stop when we wanted to. Goa is a wonderful place and the people are so friendly, we were invited back to several homes to meet their family, the people are paid very little but are allways smiling. the staff at the hotel were fantastic nothing to much trouble for them, the rooms were cleaned twice a day and towels and sheets changed every day, 10 out of 10 for this, the grounds were so clean every where and there are sunbeds everywhere with fresh towels all with shades if you require them , there were two conferences on and a wedding during our stay but the hotel is in forty five acres and was not crowded at all, see photos of pool area, on the day of our aniversary a chocolate cake and flowers were delivered to our room, in the evening the chef prepared a fantastic vegetarian meal for us this was not on any menu, all day long the staff were congratulating us. overall this is not the best hotel we have stay'd in, but the best hotel by far for the friendly nature of the whole staff, we would recomend this hotel to anyone, we are reurning this year and will stop at the Hyatt."

• Travel date: Wed 11th of January 2006

Hotel is wonderful.....can't understand the awful reviews

"My boyfriend and I stayed in the Park Hyatt hotel for 5 nights at the end of September. The service we received during our stay was incredible and we simply had no complaints. Our room was large and spacious with ample storage facilities. The TV had enough English channels to keep us entertained and the walk in bath/shower was to die for. We were provided with robes and slippers, and each day our room was laundered and tidied to a very high standard.

The lobby is very impressive and the staff here were very courteous and whatever we asked, was no trouble. The swimming pool is very large and on separate levels. It was never crowded, which I was pleased about. The staff would bring us drinks throughout the day and were always happy to chat to us. Every time you walk past a member of staff they always acknowedge you.

The beach is really something, again the guards there are incredibly friendly and will "look after" your shoes for you whilst you take a stroll. The sun sets down into the sea and is a wonderful sight, you really must take some snaps. Also take some time out to look at the marine life along the beach. Late afternoon the crabs tend to hide inside seashells so you can see lots of shells dancing along the shore which we found very funny! Also there are lots of starfish there which are really beautiful.

There are beach vendors who "hide" behind the sand dunes, they can be pretty forceful but the hotel guard will step in if they're not taking no for an answer.

The food in the restaurants is fantastic, albeit a little pricey. A glass of wine in the hotel cost 400 rupees....the same as a bottle would cost outside of the hotel. Even so, if you are comparing prices to what we would pay back home, there isn't a great deal of difference. I must admit, when dined outside of the hotel, we realised just how reasonable and tasty it was and didn't ever eat in the hotel again! For example a Tandoori Chicken cost 50 rupees.....under £1.00!

Going back to the hotel, I'm finding it so hard to comprehend why there is such a high level of critism. I can empathise with some of the points raised regarding the level of conferences that occur here. In fact my boyfriend was part of a conference, of which there were over 200 atendees. As we were out of season, there really wasn't many other guests staying at the hotel at the same time so I don't think this conference had much of an impact on other guests.

If I was to make one small critism, it would be that the hotel was a little too quiet for us at night, whether that was due to us being there out of season or not I don't know.

We had a taxi ride to Martin's Corner - a restaurant about 15 minutes drive away. The taxi was approximately £10.00 and the meal for 4 of us, including wine came to £28.00!! So when put into perspective, the taxi was a little pricey but the food ridiculously cheap so it balanced out and was still an incredibly reasonable night. The food at Martin's corner was lovely, the service very friendly. I'd definitely recommend it. We only ever booked our taxis through the hotel, so whether or not we payed a little more, I don't know but we didn't experience any hassle at all.

Another good eatery is Zeebop's Bar which is about 5-10 minutes walk along the beach (left). I must admit it doesn't look very appealing from the outside, but the food here was excellent and a 3 course meal for 2 including drinks was approximately £10.00.

We visited Margao towards the end of our stay to do some shopping, and must admit we felt a little uncomfortable at first as we appeared to be the only tourists there! The locals were very friendly and we didn't experience any hassle. We visited a material shop where I purchased a beautiful sari for 150 rupees, the ladies there didn't speak any English and I don't speak any Hindi but we got there in the end. They even showed me how to wear my sari, we took some snaps and left feeling very happy.

The ghandi market in Margao is quite an experience...the first thing that hits you is the potent smell of incense. We felt very uncomfortable in there and rushed through pretty quickly, only to notice some dead mice on a fruit stall along the way.

There are lots of shops, mainly material and souvenir shops, mostly selling wooden carvings. We bought some wooden coasters for 190 rupees which are being put to good use at home.

All in all we had an amazing time and would definitely go back.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of January 2006

TERRIBLE HOTEL

"We have returned to Goa twice a year since 1995 this time staying at Park Hyatt instead of the usual Leela Palace. Our room was lacking storage space for our clothes my wife lived out of her suitecase.
What a terrible mistake this was...its a horrible place with no outside resaurants unless you get take a taxi at rip off rates minimum 695 rupees (£9-00) for a five minute drive.
Run the gauntlet at the gates with other taxi drivers also being asked for money by security guards to let us in.
The lagoon under our balcony was drained and smelling with dead fish and green slime. After many complaints the lagoon was refilled (14 days).
The food was overpriced and sometimes overcooked the Tuna I had one evening had to be returned tough as leather!. A bootle of water 90 rupees compared with 15rupee outside.
Would I go back??? not even if I was paid.
The compulsory Christmas eve Gala dinner £ 104 each!!!
But there was plenty of food there but one can only eat a fraction of food we paid for.
Please take our advice and avoid this hotel..we wish we had after reading other guest reports.They have created a huge problem for themselves by creating this huge hike in Taxi fares to keep the guests in the hotel.
My next Holiday to Goa in April will be at The Leela Palace and we will never go to the Hyatt again...be warned."

• Travel date: Fri 30th of December 2005

only for conventions - other guest please don't gooooo

"we made the biggest mistake by staying in park hyatt goa. we normally stay in taj exotica who are out to please all the time but could not get taj exotica because of premji wedding.

from the time we checked in (substandard) delux room facing the still mosquito infested water, very very bad buffet, stuck up staff who refuse to change music in bar, only men convention guests who occupy bar/ dance floor at only location they have terrible dj playing. room service refusing to refill tea bags of our choice. the general manager refused to see us even though his assistant girish spoke very badly to us and even threatend us saying that if can raise your voice so can i....speaks volumes for the hotel wake up hyatt and pull your socks up and sack people like this or will have only conventions.

would not recommed this property to anyone who is paying. But for the conventions it's a free ride with free food and free booze so what they care.

i'm surprised how ernest & young, citibank and other corporates choose this DUMP...maybe they are cheap but so is their (hotel's) attitude....

TERRIBLE FOOD, LOUSY SERVICE (IF YOU MAY CALL IT SO), BAD PROPERTY
IN SHORT NOT AT ALL RECOMMEDED.

LAVINA PUNJABI.
E MAIL [email protected]"

• Travel date: Sat 24th of September 2005

Nice hotel with good facilities for children

Good

"I am currently in Park Hyatt as I write this review. This is my second visit to this property and I feel it deserves much more ratings than what some of my fellow writers have given it.

(1) To start with, the rooms are good, spacious and with all modern living accessories including hi-speed internet. We have taken two rooms with interconnectivity as we have 03 children with us.
(2) The food as some have written is I believe above standard. Whether its b/fast, lucnh or dinner, they offer a wide variety of cuisines and a lavish spread. The food that we have had here for the last 04 nights was tasty and well cooked with nothing missing. Above average I would say.
(3) Facilities for kids is nice here. Camp Hyatt and the wonderful orgainsers there organise various activities for the kids all day long. My girls, aged 12 & 9 love it so much that everyday they wanna spend most of their time there or in the nice pool with its huge & safe slides. The beach is clean too. Besides for lunch & dinner they serve special children meals which include chicken nuggets, burgers, fries, etc. My kids are having a ball.
(4) The gym is good with best of equipment and they have the best steam in the whole wide world.
(5) Nice service with a smile :-)

Some flip sides -
(1) In their buffets, they need to at times offer prawns and lobsters as well. Only chicken and fish is not enough. Some guests like us who can afford to spend on a-al-carte inspite of paying for the 03 meals, can & wll do but the majority who have paid for tehir 03 meals, expect variety in their meats. And besides, someone who comes to Goa comes to eat sea food and prawns, lobsters and crabs should be served - maybe once or twice a week.
(2) The spa treatment that I had lacked the desired punch. Treatment for 01 hour costs a good US$ 55 but post the massage, you feel cheated. Atleast I did.
(3) We have stayed in almost all hotels in Goa and most of them have restaurants on the beach. Hyatt has one too (atleast thats what I was told) but it was closed due to the rains. They should make it bigger and more visible.
(4) They could also use their huge greens for building a 9 hole golf course as most of the hotels have one on their premises.

Besides the above I could not think of any thing else. I would recommend this hotel for all travellers coming to Goa with or without kids.

Cheers!

Dr. Diwan Rahul Nanda"

• Travel date: Mon 12th of September 2005

holiday from Hell with very high risk to life.

"We are still suffering from the trauma of our experience at this hotel.
If you wish to watch your loved spouse in shock trying to cough up screws and ball bearings on 2 occasions in the food. Avoid this place.
I am still communicating with the complaints department hoping for a little compensation of what was to be a special holiday - instead our lives were put at risk. I watched my partner suffer two near fatal high risks whilst attempting to swallow what we thought was "food" except extra's came with it. I was lucky to bring my partner home a live.
Hell was where I feel we stayed I cannot even consider this place worthy of being refered to as a hotel. If it was, some strict health and safety measures would have been in place and the General Manager would I feel at least have had some skills to deal with the experiences we endured.
we are still suffering.
I will update this review. At present I am still waiting for some feedback from the hotel. I think they are trying to cover up what happened. Should this be the case they are just putting guests at risk with faulty food mixers in their kitchen. An awfull experience the worst holiday ever - No one appears to care and the stress of communicating with the Park Hyatt group in America who then have to liase with the General Manager in Goa is an on going trauma in it's self. We have already suffered at the hands of this hotel who put us at such high risk and the time spent trying to have our formal complaint investigated with a conclusion that takes into consideration what we endured is on going Stress. We should not be in this position. The worst holiday we have ever experienced. The out come to be concluded. In the meantime look after all your family and children if you decide to eat at this place. You should put your own health and safety first this is I feel important. With us health and safety was not an issue for consideration by the hotel if it had been I would not have to write this review.
What ever happens I will attempt to ensure that others do not have to suffer what we did. So glad to be home but we have not recovered."

• Travel date: Tue 19th of July 2005

India travel packages

Good

"Providing best options and India travel tour packages deals that completely best vacation visitors, joy travels’ is supported by customer services with relaxation of 24 hour online reservation booking for air tickets. Provide expensive air travel quickly. Our customer get free access to updated database of best airfares to India offered by different Indian airways."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of June 2013

Park Hyatt review by singer-songwriter Tally Koren

"Last Christmas I took a seven day holiday in an amazing Spa Hotel in Goa – The Park Hyatt.

As I have a holistic approach to life I asked my husband to go to a Spa hotel rather than our traditional beach holiday. It proved to be the best holiday we’ve ever had and I benefited from a relaxing state of mind and body together with the glorious sunshine and the beautiful Goan cuisine.

My husband and I have travelled extensively, but this was the first time we have visited a Spa Resort and it made an interesting change. I booked the holiday through Flight Centre East Sheen and the great service and friendliness started before even going away. Robyn from Flight Centre found us the the luxurious hotel, set in sixty-four acres of manicured gardens and carefully designed lagoons, pools and restaurants there was a strong impression of space and quietness. The facilities and attention to detail in the beautiful rooms was everything you would expect from a sophisticated 5 star resort with a wide range of relaxing treatments to choose from at the Spa and expert tutorage in the Yoga classes. I took 3 private Yoga classes for the price of one private class in the UK and I could see a change in my body and suppleness in few days. I felt clearer and more focused and my appetite changed."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of June 2012

Hotels near Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa

Stayed at Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa? Share your insight.

Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa is also called