Heritage Village Resort & Spa Goa

• tennis court
  • swimup bar
  • tv other russia
  • tv rtr planeta russia

Good
2063 reviews
Good

Average all round, pity as great location 2 mins from the great white beaches

Reviewed 10 months ago

"Positives - Hotel staff very friendly and helpful as they can be, rooms are cleaned regularly and well. Security good. Negatives - limited food, few ill when we were there......variable hours for snacks, drinks and general food. Mango resturant extras over priced. Overall an average resort with average food, drink and service with good weather."

• Travel date: 1st December 2018

Sick Camp! Staff Friendly!

Reviewed 28th April 2016

"Unfortunately I have to review our holiday at the Heritage Village Club. It seems anyone who puts negatives against this place on Trip Advisor the reviews get took down! But that's probably another story. Anyway...Positives first: General house Keeping was done every day, Cleaners polite asking if you need anything, Bar staff friendly and had a smile on their faces. Nice Sun, Close to Beach ( even though full of rubbish )!, Gardens kept nice and tidy. Negatives: If you take children be prepared to struggle with the food, Pool looked murky most of time as though wasn't cleaned properly, not all the time mind you!, Not a lot for young ones to do apart from the pool and a bit of a games room below ground. The Bug! Throughout the duration of 2 weeks we was ill 7 days out of 14 but even on the other days wouldn't venture far as felt not right. We wasn't the only ones put it that way! The main issue about the bug was the fact that the management wouldn't acknowledge they had a major viral outbreak on their hands....just blamed the heat! If it was an isolated incident maybe they could argue that, but when people were dropping like flies..come on!! They were dishing yellow capsules out at reception left right and center for diarrhea.The Thomson Rep was disgraceful as all he wanted to do was take your money for trips anything else he might as well of been hiding away! I defiantly wouldn't go back for this reason! "

• Travel date: 28th April 2016

Holiday Sick Camp!

Reviewed 28th April 2016

"I went to this place first 2 weeks in April! General staff pleasant and friendly and try to help if have problems. Rooms cleaned most days. Unfortunately whilst there we came down with the bug which was widespread throughout complex. Hotel management didn't want to acknowledge there was a wider issue and neither did the Thomson Rep who liked smiling when he was taking your money for trips!! Other than that he might as well of disappeared. Very unhappy with this and wouldn't return for this reason"

• Travel date: 27th April 2016

Viral Infection!!!!!

Reviewed 27th April 2016

"Well first time doing a review on a holiday. Visited this hotel between 9th - 24th. The staff were helpful and friendly. Thank you Remi for all your help and Clinton for always having a smile on your face. This hotel is small and well kept clean and tidy. Two days after arrival myself then my husband came down with what the Dr called "noro virus" bug. We had to get him out and he gave us injections, antibiotics, cramping pills and anti sickness pills. Horrendous and would not wish this on anyone. However we are very disappointed in how the management and Thomson rep handled the whole affair. Ostrich and head in sand comes to mind. They still will not admit there is a problem here saying only a few people had "the bug" yet everyday they wrote in their log book and dished out Imodium type tablets to me my husband and other guests that I saw when in reception area. If only they would address and advise on this problem then MAYBE cross infection may stop. We personally feel that management and the Thomson rep have closed ranks and are in denial. Also insulting our intelligence by saying you have heat stroke, especially after the Dr who saw us gave us a prognoses. This totally ruined our holiday out of two week stay 12 of the days either one or the other had it. Like I said the staff were helpful and nice but after our ruined holiday we find it very hard to put a positive comment about the hotel which is a shame as no doubt it is a nice place. Would not return and would not recommend. "

• Travel date: 27th April 2016

Heritage Village Club

Reviewed 16th July 2014

"My husband Andy and myself went this March for the 1st time.The hotel is wonderful,and all the staff can't do enough for you.Always smiling and very helpful.We've just booked to return there next March 21st for another 2 glorious weeks.I can't wait.We did a few of the trips last time and I especially recommend the rice boat overnight trip.The beach bar just down from the hotel is great for food and chilling,you get a lovely breeze from the sea,and can enjoy one of Antony's special cocktails.Looking forward to seeing all those lovely smiling faces at the hotel again."

• Travel date: 16th July 2014

best holiday ever!!!!

Reviewed 7th November 2011

"I am returning to the heritage village for the 3rd time,this will be my second month this year and i loved every minute of it.I am returning with my dad as i have been going with him,this will be his 8th time at this hotel.I have to say that all the staff are fantastic and will do anything to help,the food is faultless and the rooms are cleaned daily to a high standard.When i spent my fist time there i thought i would struggle as im used to going away with my friends and going out to vars and clubs,but the entertainment was great.I highly recommend this hotel for a relaxing holiday.Once agian its the staff that make the holiday (brilliant) "

• Travel date: 4th November 2011

Amazing!!!!!

Reviewed 16th September 2009

"I just read Chrismarks review and although he said it was terrible, he never actually says what was terrible about it. My friend and i went in March and had to fly from glasgow to gatwick and gatwick to Goa. A really long journey and was soooo glad to get to the hotel. We were made to feel very welcome upon arrival and food was already prepared for us early as we arrived just before breakfast. Our bags were taken straight to our room while we checked in and we were shown how to use all the appliances etc. The rooms were cleaned daily with fresh towels and tea and coffee. We had a watercooler at the end of the hall that was always filled with ice cold bottled water for use at any time of the day. That first day we walked to the beach and Jack from the Shack came out to meet us and we said we were just for a nosey but will be back another time and away he went without any hassle. The bar opened at 11am so drinks were available and snacks were available too, these varied throughout our time there but their burgers were fantastic. The pool area was always clean and people would consistently clean throughout the day. The bar staff were really funny and entertaining. Once we went to the beach and a wave of water came over me and i hurt my back, because i couldnt get in the pool because of the pain, Clint would come over with a drink for me and to make sure i was alright. I was fine the next day but it was a nice gesture. On a trip to see the elephants and tigers (they call it a short train journey but it is 5 and a half hours long) my friend took an allergic reaction to mosquito bites and upon arrival in Goa she went to see the doctor who sent her to hospital for an antibiotic drip. That first week we were vry lucky as the hotel was very quite and there was only 2 kids who were very well behaved but because it was so quiet all the guests knew one another and they were passing me magazines to take to my friend and the staff passed up fruit and when she came back to the hotel, everyone was asking for her including the hotel manager. We had booked another trip for the following week but as my friend didnt want to chance more mosquito bites we requested to cancel and although our tickets stated no refunds, we got our money back. All in all it was a fantastic holiday. The staff couldnt be any nicer and wouldnt even take our tip at the end of the holiday. The rooms and pool area and resturaunt were spotless. The animation team come up with some bizarre games which you can join in or not but if your not interested they leave you be. The enetertainment is different each night of the week but we got to see it twice as we were there for the fortnight but it wasnt too bad. We were sat around the pool one evening and the disco finished because it was raining. I couldnt feel any rain but maybe its because im from Scotland im used to it but it wasnt enough to bother about and we were nearing the monsoon season. On our trip my friend and i were the only people from South Goa the rest were from the north and they questioned what it was like. I explained that the shacks on the beach are about every mile apart, golden sands for miles and they do not tolerate hassle. The group from north Goa couldnt believe it and said north Goa is so busy, they were exhausted with the hassle by the time they got to the beach which was right across the road from their hotel. Another family who had been in Goa since January 09 said that North Goa is nice to visit for the day but its good to get back to the quiet life of South Goa. Sorry for going on so long but i have checked out reviews before and sometimes dont cover everything. As you know all incusinve means drinks and food but The Heritage Village club do sell Carlsberg and Bacardi etc if you dont like the local stuff but at about £1 a bottle or nip. I dont like to drink fat juice but the shop to the left of the hotel sold diet coke around 10p a tin. The cigarettes out the shop werent too good my friends said but the shop inside the hotel had better quality at a cheap price. I would say well worth a try. expensive getting there but once there i took £600 for 2 weeks and came home with £400 and that was after paying for trips, facials from the spa, drinks after the all inclusive had endec and taxis here and there. very hard to spend your money once there but after all that, its very quiet and there isnt much else to do apart from the beach but if thats what you want, i would well recommend it! Will be going back soon "

• Travel date: 16th September 2009

Pathetic

Reviewed 12th June 2009

"I had read so much good about this place, but they spoilt it all in just one day. Apparently the reviews I read were written by foreign tourists.....and so apparently the staff must behave differently with them. Coz i had the most terrible, officious, unhelpful, even aggressive behaviour ever experienced by a hotel "guest".... Its a shame, its pathetic and either the management has no idea of how there staff behave, or its a hotel policy. Big mistake coming here.....and never again!"

• Travel date: 11th June 2009

fantastic

Reviewed 18th March 2009

"Been to Goa before and said never again couldnt wait to get home. Got talked into going again and went to Heritage Village FANTASTIC. It had to be one of the best things i have ever done.Already booked to go back next January and for 3 weeks."

• Travel date: 17th March 2009

The smiling face of Goa

Reviewed 23rd February 2009

"Just returned from a stay at the Heritage, and can thoroughly recommend it. The rooms are clean and spacious, the pool area is compact, but there were plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas, and a decent size pool. The food was very good, with plenty of choice, and the drinks were fine for an all-inclusive - local brands (although Kingfisher beer and Honeybee brandy were strangely NOT included) which were not too strong, just as well when the bar is open for 12 hours every day! The beach is a short 5 minute walk away, and is virtually deserted - you can walk for miles in either direction and see just one or two beach shacks, and a smattering of fishing villages. The walks along the beach early morning, or to watch the sunset, were a highlight of this trip. We were also not approached by any beach sellers (a pity, as they can be good fun, and we have never found them to be too pushy). The jewels in the crown of the Heritage for us was the wonderful, helpful staff, and the meals taken in the a la carte Mango terrace, eating under the stars. Almost without exception the staff were smiling, and everyone spoke to you when they passed by, making our whole group feel at home. Some of them were even at the coach early in the morning when we left, to wave goodbye. To comment on a previous review, although BOTTLED water was not included, they have numerous water dispensers throughout the hotel, some very near the rooms, so lack of available water is a nonsense. We would agree that the evening entertainment is average (karaoke and bingo are definitely not for us!) but there was always somewhere quiet where you could sit, drink, and talk to your fellow travellers - much better than dashing back to the room for the TV (which we never turned on). All in all, if you like to try different Indian dishes, are prepared to talk to the staff, and love the sunshine and walking for miles along empty beaches, this hotel is perfect for you."

• Travel date: 23rd February 2009

HVC 2008/09

Reviewed 5th January 2009

"We have just recently returned from a two week stay at the Heritage Village Club Hotel. H.V.C. offers an all inclusive board basis but which is has some sigificant omissions, most notably of these ( IMO ) is that bottled water is not included and each bottle must be bought at a cost of 50 rupees ( Dec 2008 ). All the staff were always very helpful, however at meal times you could perhaps describe the service as being "5 minutes too fast". By which I mean that as soon as you finished eating your plates were instantly cleared away without giving you time to finish dining properly. Evening entertainment is provided, ranging from karoke night to bingo and DJ night but these lacked some direction, tables and chairs were set out in front of the stage for guests but rarely were there more than a token number of guests enjoying the events. Indeed we found ourselves looking forward to 9:00pm, when there was at least an english speaking film on the TV movie channel. The room was adequate but as the refrigerater didn't work, housekeeping forgot hand-towels 3 times and one day we found our bath towels out on the balcony ( presumably drying in the sun ). Coupled with the twice failure of the safe deposit box there is definately room for improvement. It was difficult to see the purpose of some the daytime activities, which variously included cookery lessons and aqua-aerobics ( which lasted a total of about 15 minutes ) and we were very confused by the spice stall, which offered a large variety of spices and flavourings for sale, but not sure why... Food was at best...average and afternoon snacks were included in the A.I. Our visit was over the Christmas / New Year period and the Gala meals for these events were very well presented, with the food being of far better quality than is provided at regular mealtimes. The decorations of the hotel terrace for these events was well done and a firework display was given at New Year. The pool area can get a little busy, but the beach is only a few hundred metres away. Arossin Beach is quite clean, but the local beach hut has a number of resident dogs which spend the day sleeping under the deck-chairs. There is little to do on the beach and no beach/ ocean activities are organised by the hotel. Some distraction is offered by the surf but this quickly fades and your are left with little to do except sunbathe and occasionally fend off the three local hawkers who will try to sell you something ! All-in-all I think that it's safe to say that we didn't really enjoy our visit and we will not be returning to Goa. "

• Travel date: 5th January 2009

Heritage Village is a gem of a hotel. It...

Reviewed 21st March 2008

"Heritage Village is a gem of a hotel. It's in a perfect setting just a few yards from an unspoilt beach. It is not in a commercialised area which was quite refreshing. The local Goan village was a pleasant 20min walk through coconut trees. All the villagers were really friendly especially the children. There is a station in the village for the more adventurous which only costs a few rupees. We didn't go on any organised excursions but opted to do our own thing and flew up to Delhi and did the Golden Triangle. This was organised for us by a local travel agent in Magiore. Highly recommended. At the hotel we had a huge double room overlooking the swimming poolwith a fan and airconditioning. Meals were taken either in the hotel or twice a week at the a la carte restaurant. We found the food to be very good and varied, quite a lot of it was spicy but there were always options. Entertainment at night was around the pool but ended at 11p.m so we were never kept awake. The pool area was always spotless and the staff were amazing. They made us feel part of one big family and nothing was too much trouble. There were organised activities during the day for anyone who wanted to join in. Taxis outside the hotel were available at all hours. The prices were all on a board so there was no need to haggle. They would take you anywhere and wait for you for an extra 50 rupees an hour. The management were superb and Clarence and Jennifer really welcomed us. We felt at home within a few hours of arriving. The beach was very quiet near the hotel with just one shack, Anthony's bar. Food and drink here were excellent especially the sea food and cheap too. If you walked to the left towards Colva there were a few people selling things but even they were friendly and didn't pester if you weren't interested. You need to haggle a price for things though. We walked to Colva and then got a tuktuk back which again was cheap. We only ate out once at Wow 916 a short taxi ride away. Good and cheap. All in all a wonderful holiday and highly recommended hotel. Thomson flights now have much more leg room and t.v. screens on all seat backs. Not worth paying premium prices as our friends discovered! Would definitely go back. "

• Travel date: 21st March 2008

Hotels near Heritage Village Resort & Spa Goa

Top traveller tips for Heritage Village Resort & Spa Goa

• by ericb

"Few shops within walking distance - get a taxi to Margao"

• by Trip Advisor

"Don't leave your room!"

• by JBuck

"Would not suggest a stay here until they sort out the problem"

• by sue child

"i felt quite safe walking round no hassle"

• by sadiemich

"Go karts, parasailing, bike riding and the beach"

Heritage Village Resort & Spa Goa is also called