About Alila Diwa Goa

• shuttle bus service
  • smoking rooms available
  • free shuttle or taxi services
  • kids club
  • babysitting
  • infinity pool
  • tv channel one russia
  • butler service

Alila Diwa-a real gem

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"I had no idea of the resort as my accomodation was only confirmed a couple of days before I arrived in Goa.But it was a pleasant surprise.Even before I could step off the car a receptionist was on the steps to welcome me-no need to go to the reception desk to fill various forms-was offered a cold drink and cold face towel-even before I could finish my drink the check-in formalities were completed.The reception escorted me to the bedroom-and briefed me about the resort.-The bedroom-large and beautifully decorated with spesial attention to cleanliness. The breakfast was lovely-good choice of dishes-The staff though new were very polite.The bar staff very attentive and yet unobstusive. At breakfast all the staff were excellent-and for the three days that I stayed at Allila I had the pleasure of being served by a lady called Qhevili.a true proffessional-very polite -Allila though a new resort have a very proffesional team and hope they maintain the standards already set. A place where guests feel very safe and secure-High standards of security-even at the beach. would stay there again."

• Travel date: Fri 12th of February 2010

Wonderful, wonderful place !!

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"After reading some mixed reviews on tripadvisor , we were wary of what to expect at this brand new resort.After a long drive from pune and a bit of hunt for the place( its just walking distance from Martin's corner), we were pleasantly surprised to find ourselves in this hotel which at least from the entrance looks like a large villa..one cant guess the size of the place from the gate..check in was a breeze while we sipped on some refreshing cool juice.We had an attendant who took us around the facilities of the hotel..esp the kiddy club ( a nice and sunny lil room overlooking the pool).we stayed in the family terrace rooms close to the kiddy club.the rooms are a nice size with very comfortable matresses and a really really nice bathroom..the wardrobe is also very conveniently placed inside the bathroom.Overall the ambience was of understated elegance and comfort. But the highlight of the place is the gorgeous swimming pool which looked endless and gleamed like glass...they had just received a consignment of these really nice looking loungers and we spent a couple of hours just simply chilling out on them !

They have these waterbodies and trees all over the place which lends it this really nice tropical feel..the architecture gn is a snazzy mix of traditional and contemporary designs.The whole place undergoes a transformation at night when the lights come on..i especially loved the chandelier( made of something that looked like brass) and the gold hued pillars in the lobby..

My 2 yr old had a complete blast ..we spent our time divided between the kiddy club, the pool and the lovely beach.

Overall had a great time ..found the staff extremely polite and friendly and eager to help..not sure if its just the initial enthu..but whatever it was, it was a great feeling.If there was a minus point, it would just go to the buffet lunch we had at the Vivo...didnt find anything very exciting or to write home abt.

For the package deal they have of 21 k for 3 days and four nights, I thought it was a steal.Would love to head back there, especially at the same rates !!"

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of February 2010

Great and will only get better

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"Had the pleasure of staying at the brand new Alila in January with my wife and daughter. Whilst the hotel is still in the soft opening phase, this does not detract from the product and service on offer. The guest room is well thought out and comfortable. The photo's on the Alila website do the rooms justice. Most rooms have a beautiful bathroom and also include a very useable balcony with daybeds so that you don't need to be in A/C all of the time.

The highlight for us was the facilities available for the kid's, very nicely complemented with a very caring and kid loving team of ladies that are only too willing to entertain. This includes arts & crafts and the normal multi-media entertainment options as well as some great pool toys for when they are not in the club. There is also a dedicated kids pool. Very well done and certainly added to the adults holiday experience as well! Special mention must go to the ladies in the Kid's club who took great care of our daughter.

Alila has chosen to bring Balinese therapists to Goa for the Spa operation, and whilst the final spa outlet has not yet been built the hotel has converted a series of guest rooms for the purpose of spa treatments. Being a big fan of Balinese style treatments this makes a welcome change and point of difference from the prevalence of Ayurvedic treatments found elsewhere in Goa. The treatments were excellent.

On the food and beverage front there is plenty on offer with both western, some asian and indian dishes for all day dining and room service. There is also a specialty restaurant serving south Indian cuisine with a very bright head chef who is also offering cooking classes.

Most noticeable was the staff. They are still learning the ropes given the recent opening. However, any little hiccups in service delivery are more than made up for by a team bursting with energy to please. All of the staff we encountered could not do enough to try and please.

The grounds of the property feature large trees and open spaces with a massive pool overlooking the working fields around the hotel. The pool has both deep and shallow sections suitable for toddlers and big people alike. Great for lazing around for extended periods, and also served by a bar adjacent to the pool.

Based upon the new building codes in Goa the property is not right on the beach. However, it is only a short stroll or ride away, and the hotel also offers transportation to ease this for the guests. We were not concerned having spent the earlier part of the holiday on the beach, and could not find a reason to leave the property over a five day stay.

Alila is not big brand hospitality and offers a point of difference for a stay in Goa. Hooray! We loved it, as did the friends that we also introduced to the property.

Goa is a great destination. The Alila made it that bit more special for us. We look forward to our return."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of January 2010

best stay for childrens

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"We had a Family holiday in goa on 16 /17 jan stayed in alila.
Great rooms with modern facility. good staff.
Glassed bath room / tub / clock room.room lighting with diff setting.
Best was kids den /children play area with baby sitter.
My 2 kids would not come out of it.had great time with Wii
Good reading room/ restaurant food ok.
Hotel lobby / sitting by looks not great.
all in all a great time.
AXX"

• Travel date: Wed 27th of January 2010

New Hotel

Reviewed Sun 21st of October 2012

"We were indeed priviledged to be amongst the first to stay at this hotel; highly recommended in South Goa. Close to quiet beaches. Away for bustling areas."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of January 2010

Really good, not yet perfect

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"We stayed at Alila Diwa Goa for 4 nights, from 29th of December to 2nd of January 2010 (double room Deluxe: daily rate rps 15.000; Compulsory New Year Eve party: rps 8.000 per pax).
I’ve to admit that, before arriving, we were a little worried having made our booking when the resort still had to open and also because, at the date of our stay, Alila would have been open for only two weeks.
What can I say? I think that often is a question (matter) of luck, but our stay at Alila Diwa was wonderful. We arrived at night, and were very tired because our flight Delhi-Goa had been cancelled and we were rerouted.
At the airport we were welcomed by an Alila employees (they had a wooden tag with the resort name) and in 2 minutes we were on a taxi heading for the ‘final destination’.
The resort is 15 minutes away from the airport. In the huge and comfortable hall, we seated on the sofas and then waited few moments till the receptionist brought at our table the modules to sign and the key of our room.
Our room: huge, with a queen size bed, a 44’’ flat TV, 2 armchairs, a writing desk, a coffee table. Every deluxe room has a balcony with two sofas, 1 coffee table and a ceiling fan.
Last, but absolutely not least, the bathroom!! That is an experience: a huge tub, a separated shower stall able to contain 5 people and a sided wardrobe room.
The bathroom and the bedroom are mainly wood furnished, and in general the wonderful scent of wood is what I associate to the whole resort. I think it is because everything was new and because there’s been a massive use of wood (floors, furnitures, frames…).
In the room we found Alila supplies (they brand SPA products), a basket of fresh fruit (daily refreshed during our stay), little welcome cakes, complimentary cashews, biscuits and water (2 bottles of 1L
Breakfast: a lot of choices. Spicy dishes in the Indian corner, traditional English corner and continental choiches.
Restaurant: the VIVO RESTAURANT is 24h open. We were worried it could be overpriced, instead the average dinner was about 800rps. There’s no buffet dinner, only choices a la carte.
A second restaurant, with Indian traditional cousine, was opened the second day of our stay, but we didn’t try it.
The waiters are helpful, and even if not their English reaches the standard requested by a 5 stars structure, they are eager to help and in a way on another, they success in meeting your requests. I noted a little crowding of waiters and security that made you feel uneasy, often as many as 5/6 waiters ware grouped at the pool doing nothing and observing guests nearby.
Swimming Pool: very big and clean. Inviting in the humid weather of Goa. Alila provides towels, sunbeds and showers. We preferred going to the beach, however and stay at the swimming pool only in the late afternoon.
Beach: wide, white, relaxing, isolated. It’s not part of the resorts, but Alila has a shuttle bus at guests’ disposition
There’s no shuttle bus service to Goa or other villages, and I think this is one of the few dark spots about Alila, even if they provide taxis if you want one.
New Year Eve party: wonderful. We were worried about dress code, considering that our stay was at the end of a dusty visit of the north of india and that our baggage had to be light. Well, the party was rightly informal, probably because the average age was between 30 and 35 (so less agèe that what we thought). There were a never ending choice of food from different place in the world, beverages and an entertainment perfectly organised and not too intrusive.
Dark spots: new year eve party a little overpriced, even if I have to admit that the food experience has been unique .
Room service was attentive and never intrusive, but we had to ask for some little interventions (our room lacked of hairdryer at our arrival; there was not pillow supply in the wardrobe, we had to call for an hotel room-services book and there was not even a pen and a piece of paper).
There are still too many men at work, in order to finish some sections.
Sometimes you find the traces of some hasty solution, I think taken in order to meet the opening schedule.
I’m not sure about daily sheets changing, a service I regard as due in a 5 stars resort. I fear that often the bed was redone without changing the linens. Even if I must agree with a policy of energy savings, at least I’d like it being noticed to me.
Despite the fact that maybe they should have waited a couple more months to open in order to present a finished resort, our experience Alila Diwa has confirmed, if not surpassed, our wishes and I truly suggest this resort for a very relaxing stay in Goa."

• Travel date: Fri 8th of January 2010

Hmmm... mixed

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"We stayed for 2 nights - Xmas eve and Xmas day. Having heard that the opening of the hotel had been delayed several times we were relieved that the hotel was actually open when we arrived and we weren't going to be sleeping on the beach. The staff were very friendly when we arrived and our room was very nice - good size, sliding partitions so the whole room (including bathroom) could be opened up, nicely decorated, very nice bathroom with large bath and walk-in shower, good sized balcony with nice view, etc. The only negatives on the room were that the in-room safe didn't work (was fixed next day), there seemed to be a lack of toiletries (huge bottle of shower gel but no shampoo, bath salts, etc.) and the aircon seemed rather erratic.

However, the communal areas really did show signs of the problems which must have delayed the opening. The overall effect was nice and the pool was very nice (although lack of sun loungers) but everywhere you looked there were problems. For example, there were wires hanging out of walls, broken tiles, shoddy workmanship everywhere (including the staircase going up to our room where you could look through gaps in the wall to the outside(!)), etc. Staff were constantly washing the floors - they looked nice when wet but once dried they were covered in remnants of concrete screed, etc. The staff were also frantically trying to get the remaining rooms in the open phase finished - lots of activity, to-ing and fro-ing with TV's, etc. There was also lots of on-going building work, including on Xmas day (on the unfinished phases but also on the 'finished' phases).

Upon arrival we were advised of a 'compulsory' Xmas eve gala dinner for £60 per head (quite a lot for India). The food and drink was actually very good and we did not have any complaints. However, the gala was hosted by a dreadful woman who turned the event into a marketing/ promotional event for the hotel chain and gave out gifts on an apparently biased basis to certain preferred guests of the hotel. She seemed genuinely shocked when one of the non-preferred guests beat the rest to answering one of her facile questions and won a prize.

Overall the staff were very friendly and helpful. Although perhaps too helpful in some respects - when we spent any time in our room there was a constant stream of people delivering fruit, turning down the bed, doing something else... it started to become quite irritating. We also had a gripe relating to the concierge, who told us that he had been able to arrange car hire for us to take us out of Goa, which then did not materialise and we wasted almost an entire day trying to get it sorted out. We wished he had just told us that it wasn't possible.

We paid $200 per night, including breakfast. We didn't feel ripped off but would certainly not have wanted to pay any more than this.

Oh, and just to mention that the hotel is not actually on the beach - it's a 10 minute walk or free shuttle ride away; the beach is nice by Goan standards - not too busy and little restaurants with sun loungers and friendly locals. The location of the hotel is pretty and not being on the beach was not a problem for us at all."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of January 2010

Great Stay, with even greater potential

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"Stayed at Alila Diwa for 9 days in december.
While it's true that some things have to be improved, such as staff training and a few minor details in the rooms, i'm sure that by the time you may arrive at Alila all these issues should be resolved. The hotel is situated in a idyllic spot, amidst beautiful rice paddies and with a stupendous infinity pool allowing for great sunset views.
The hotel is not right at the beach but 5 min away by hotel shuttle or 15 min walk (which is really worth while).
The beach itself is amazing, long stretch of white sand, and really few people. We had the feeling we had the beach nearly to ourselves. Comparing with the madness in North Goa, this place is heaven on earth.
Rooms in the hotel are large, comfortable and clean (but could be cleaner). Bathroom is really good. Bad point in the room are the hard mattresses.
Food was delicious. We felt there was a serious effort to please the customer by giving fresh, savory and a changing menu containing some top dishes. We were traveling with young children and they plenty to choose from in the continental menu to suit them.
For those who are interested : free wi-fi throughout the hotel.

I'll try to come back next year."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of January 2010

Excellent Stay at Brand New Hotel

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"I just returned from Holiday in Goa, just fell in love with the place in fact it has most largest room and decor is of contemparary style.

Staff were extremely helpful.......as some of them are newly employed and with experience they can only get better.

Food: I loved spicy perefect for me but my children preffered
different on request to the Restaurant they did cater as per our requirement.......again I am sure they will improve their standards.

Yes little lizards were noted on some of the corridors roofs in lounge .....but none found in the actual bedroom.... after all this hotel is amongst lot of green plantation nearby naturally it will attract little creatures (not harmful)

My wife and I both enjoyed the town and stay at Alila Diva and would love to go back again."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of December 2009

horrible stsy

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"Please do not stay at this hotel. Ive had the most horrible experience ever. The food was so spicy that I developed loose motions all of next day. There were lizards in our bathroom and the ac seemed to stop working after a while. The staff are not trained and cant even speak english properly. I would not recommend staing at this property at all.Avoid at all costs....!!!!"

• Travel date: Sat 19th of December 2009