Resort Rio

Near Baga Beach, Tambudki, Arpora 403518 India

Good

Beautiful Resort in Goa !

Reviewed Thu 31st of March 2011

"My husband and I celebrated our 10th anniversary at this charming and beautiful resort in Goa. We were upgraded to a suite which was much appreciated. Resort Rio's suites are the biggest hotel rooms we have ever stayed in and the views from the balcony are fantastic. The bathroom is huge with a marble bath tub big enough for two and a separate rain shower ! The service from the resort staff was a delight and they really went out of their way to assist - nothing was ever a problem. One day there was a conference taking place and things were a little chaotic at breakfast but I guess they have a business to run - we didn't actually encounter any problems- and although the staff seemed rushed, we were not really neglected. Egnelo and Bosco were fabulous as was Prudentio(?)the waiters who really went out of their way. The resort has many restaurants and we enjoyed them all- even the vegetarian restaurant Jalsa was appreciated by my husband who is a big carnivore ! The best part of the resort is the beautiful pool- they have a sunday party at midday which was terrific ! There was a big group from Birmingham when we were there on one Sunday and they too were saying how much they were really enjoying. Resort Rio is really a charming place - its easy to get too, not far from all the action and bars in Baga but yet very peaceful since it is at the end of a narrow lane leading to a river. Baga beach is not too far - you can walk in in 15 to 20 mins by following the river or can take the hotel shuttle. The views from our suite and also from Bar next to the italian restaurant at the resort are superb. We had a fantastic time and really appreciated the warmth of the staff. Thank you very much Resort Rio and see you soon ! Thanks Anjali for all your help ! "

• Travel date: Sat 26th of March 2011

Relaxing stay

Reviewed Wed 23rd of March 2011

"Stayed for a week, food excellent particularly Jalsa, service brilliant - friendly and cannot do enough for you. The spa was particularly good, both surroundings and the massage. Pool was nice and there was also good evening entertainment. Tucked away - you would never find it if you didn't know it was there, wonderful hotel. The hotel is about 2 kilometers away from Baga beach. All popular bars etc in the near vicinity. Access, a dirt road, to this resort needs much improvement and the gym facility needs more equiptment. A surprising find. "

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of March 2011

Brilliant Hotel

Reviewed Tue 15th of February 2011

"Fantastic new hotel. Absolutely loved it ! Huge rooms with beautiful bathrooms. Best of all was the food and service. Very nice 5 restaurants and 2 bars with amazingly low prices. The restaurant called Pickled Mango served Indian, chinese, mexican and whatever took your fancy. The italian with real wood fired oven pizzas was brilliant- I have tasted the best Tiramisu ever at Resort Rio. Being a vegetarian, I also enjoyed their pure veg restaurant called Jalsa. They have an incredible spa called Zaara with beautiful treatment rooms and all with their own private steam room and rainshowers. And prices were not bad- just £20 for a one hour treatment. The good thing about it is that it is run by an Ayurveda doctor who specialises in alternative therapies.
Thank you Resort Rio, Goa for a wonderful holiday. I have come back healthier,fitter and refreshed- really had a time of my life ! As soon as I save some more money, hope to be back."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of February 2011

Hidden Gem

Reviewed Thu 10th of February 2011

"My partner and I spent a week at Resort Rio over January and had a fabulous time - luxurious rooms, amazing cuisine (particularly the pizzas in Mamma Mia), and second to none service. The staff went of their way to be helpful and we were made to feel very special indeed. Every day we experienced lavish breakfasts lunches and dinners, and I would particularly recommend the vegetarian breakfast which was tailored for each of our requests. Both guests (and staff!) seemed to be thoroughly enjoying themselves during our stay.

We were lucky enough to have our break coincide with an Indian wedding being held at Resort Rio. The resort was decorated outstandingly and being able to be a part of the wedding festivities was the icing on the cake of our stay. The wedding ceremony on the banks of the river was beautiful and picturesque - an out of this world backdrop of palm trees and sunshine. There was a terrific atmosphere during the festivities and although we were not part of the wedding party, the happiness and excitement definitely rubbed off on us!

Keep it up Resort Rio - I have been bowled over by the high level of service and personal touches, nothing was ever too much trouble for your staff. Experiencing the wedding festivities was amazing, and having seen many 5* wedding venues both in London and abroad, I would, without a shadow of doubt, recommend Resort Rio as the best of the lot!

• Travel date: Fri 4th of February 2011

One of the best hotels in Goa

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"I stayed at this new Resort in North Goa on a business conference. The hotel is fabulously designed with very spacious rooms and incredible bathrooms. True luxury indeed - shame, I was on business and not with family ! They are a new hotel and so have little issues with service but everyone's attitude is so positive and helpful. Agnelo at the restaurant is a star. Food is good too with 5 restaurants including a pure vegetarian restaurant.And 2 swimming pools. Location is good too except the road leading to it but as they say you have to go through muck to get to the diamond ! Good conference facilities - one of the best in Goa ! Keep it up, guys ! Saj"

• Travel date: Tue 14th of December 2010

Great Place brand new !

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"Super new hotel in Arpora.
Staff still getting trained but excellent hotel with great modern big rooms.
Food good. Do try the Italian Mama Mia great food but the Italians running it seem not really intersted in the guests in short no Service or PR FROM THEM BUT THE FOOD MAKES UP for it.
Breakfast plentiful in the buffet.
Peter the restaurant manager and Neville astt. front office manager go out of their way to make you feel good
I recommend this place to people of all ages.
Just to add great Swimming pool too and a 24x7 coffee shop."

• Travel date: Wed 8th of December 2010

Beautiful. Clean. Great Pizza. Superb Bar. Wonderful Staff!

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"This may be a 5 star deluxe but the staff made me feel I was the only one there! Warm and friendly, the rooms have great views, are beautifully and elegantly fitted and the bathrooms are heaven. Loads of hot water and power shower! It's a new hotel so expect some little hiccups but they are tackled with such style and positive attitude! The pool is immaculate and I love the elephants; some great design points here for such a modern hotel and they have a wonderful traditional pizza oven so the pizzas are simply heaven. They're starting Sunday Brunches soon so I look forward to those because the staff are such fun without being intrusive, I know it's going to be great! I'm sitting at the pool bar working as I type this. Envy me? You should. [email protected]"

• Travel date: Fri 26th of November 2010

Good experience at great price

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"I travelled to goa in Oct'10 and as expected was irritatingly confused on hotel selection as the city boasts of hundreds of hotels.

Resort Rio worked out as a saviour. Since the resort is not fully complete, pricing was of a 3-star standard for a 5-star quality. However, all basic amenities, such as room service, swimming pool, restaurants and games were fully functional. The resort is tastefully decorated and the rooms are spacious and elegant with excellent interiors.

The balcony opens to a a very green view coupled with a pond. Staff is friendly. Breakfast is excellent as it includes a fair share of Indian dishes alongwith continental such that one tends to overeat. Its located only a couple of Kms from the Baga beach and the hotel provides free transport to Baga.

Overall a thumbs up to the place."

• Travel date: Thu 25th of November 2010

Great hotel in North Goa; Need to improve service

Reviewed Wed 17th of October 2012

"We booked this hotel for our Diwali vacation after much research on internet. We wanted to stay in North Goa as there are lot more activities available there. The hotel is only 4-5 months old and was great in every way. There is one area that they need to improve and that is the service and staff attitude."

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of November 2010

Nice new hotel in N.Goa

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"I was skeptical about booking at this hotel since it was quite new and did not have too many reviews. The hotel car picked us up at the airport (1 hr drive) free of charge. The hotel is quite far from the beach and the road to it is ill maintained but the property is beautiful. We stayed in the hotel building. Being new the rooms are nice and quite large with a large bathroom that looks into the bedroom (strange). The pool and restaurants are quite nice. The breakfast buffet was quite extensive. They have live entertainment every night on the second floor which was good. The hotel offers a shuttle to baga beach few times a day, but only one way, you have to cab it back which is a hassle. The hotel also has 2 & 3 bedroom villas which looked really nice but are still under construction.

If the hotel is properly maintained it will be a good one but we could not get any service from the maintenance crew when the drape between the bathroom and bedroom fell! The front desk lacks in service but "Vinayak" from the travel desk made up for it. We rented a car there for 2 days and went around Goa. Overall, it was a good stay. Resort Rio is a good 4* option in N.Goa if the Taj properties are booked or priced high."

• Travel date: Fri 19th of November 2010

Pretty Good but not outstanding

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"It has a good location, main beaches Baga & Calagute are within 5 km. Its a new property so the staff is very enthusiastic, helpful and courteous. . The food is very good, especially veg - which is not easy to get in Goa. I ate Indian & Italian food and loved both. The rooms are very spacious and also the bathrooms, but the ACs don't cool enough (we had to keep the fan on almost always). They charge for internet which is not good given that they claim to be 5 star resort. Also, they allow for birthday parties etc for localities at the poolside & coffee shop which is not good for the guests who come to relax in quiet! Overall I would rate it was a 4 star experience. Would recommend for families especially if you are particular about veg food"

• Travel date: Thu 4th of November 2010

Nice hotel, well located, staff needs to buck up

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"I stayed for 2 nights at this hotel and i must say i had a great time.
The staff was very helpful although they need to do more in order to keep up with the competition.
Some stuff such as lack of hot water, mini bar not working were all there but got taken care of.The hotel is just starting up so i will give the benefit of doubt.
A few things such as placement of TV need to be changed finish could be better.
The best part is that it is one of the nicer resorts near Baga.It is in the center but still a little secluded.
Food there is Ok and a bit overpriced.But all in all a good stay."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of October 2010

Hotels near Resort Rio

Stayed at Resort Rio? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Resort Rio

• Bob by Bob

"I think this is my favourite hotel. Brilliant standards and service. "

• Alan by Alan

"For the time of your life "

• WyckLaw by WyckLaw

"Try Jalsa and the Spa "

• Shelly by Shelly

"Try the spa at Zaara. Amazing. Especially their aroma therapy "