DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Goa - Arpora - Baga

• paid wifi
  • paid internet

First Class

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"We have just returned from an 8 night holiday staying at the Riviera de Goa. Having read some of the less positive previous reviews I feel its time to set the record straight. We found the hotel excellent both in terms of facilities and service. Unlike many hotels in North Goa it was modern and stylish and we found the service exceptional. My husband is a regular business traveller and has stayed in 4 and 5 star hotels all around the world yet for relaxing atmosphere and friendly attentive staff we think it cannot be beaten. We regularly use tripadvisor to research properties but have never posted a review before but in this case we feel it is warranted. We are already planning to return to the Riviera de Goa for two weeks in November. All in all a First Class experience."

• Travel date: Sat 14th of February 2009

Very nice hotel close to Baga

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"Stayed here for 4 days recently on my trip to Goa. The hotel is located about a 10 minute cab ride to Baga beach, a one way trip which will cost about 150-200 rupees. Since the shuttle to Baga only operates until 7pm you will need to use a cab in the evenings.

The hotel itself is very modern and clean, the rooms were wonderful with a clean bathroom which included a stand-in shower (no tubs). As far as rating goes I would say it is a nicer 4 star hotel.

The breakfast was excellent with many different choices - aloo parathas, chicken sausages, meats, eggs etc. I tried the Flame restaurant once, ordered some Goan food there and it was very good as well.

The staff were extremely nice and friendly. The only incident I have to complain about is the 24/7 cafe. I came in once at 1am and ordered coffee from the waiter. Even after 45 minutes there was no coffee in sight :( after which I was frustrated and canceled the order.

I recommend this hotel for the comfort it offers for the price paid. Will consider staying here again."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of February 2009

Laptop Stolen from Room

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"The hotel is far off from Calangute & Baga.
Staff is rude & unfriendly.
My Laptop got stolen during the trip from room & upon complaining the hotel plainly refused to take responsibility."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of January 2009

Not a 5 star, but OK for Goa

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"We booked this hotel in the UK after trying to get into the Taj Holiday Village who were unfortunately full, we knew very little about it until we arrived. This is my 4th trip to Goa.

On arrival we were very early and they quickly and efficiently sorted us out with a room, it took around 1/2 an hour to get ready but considering it was 5 o'clock in the morning and we weren't supposed to check in until the next afternoon I was delighted.

When we got into the room the standard looked quite good, however the first problem we had was with the bed, it was rock hard and very uncomfortable, we had to get housekeeping to bring three more duvets up for us to sleep on.

The next day we took up the hard bed question with the manager who assured us that all the beds were the same, he took me to another room to show me and they were, if you suffer from chronic back problems this is probably the hotel for you! For those of us that like a more comfortable nights sleep it probably isn't.

Even though the hotel is only a year old things were already starting to look tired (which is an Indian thing) the soaps and lotions in the bathroom weren't great either.

They showed us where the hair dryer was and then the housekeeping duly removed it almost every day, this was curious behaviour especially when you consider that they are supposed to be a 5 star hotel! We ended up hiding it from them every day!

The hotel is situated by a very nice lake but of course this is a breeding ground for monster mosquitos which take great chunks out of you if you sit in the reception area or open your door at night.

It is quite a long way from everything (except club Cubana which has now closed) so it's a taxi ride to do everything, although they do run a free shuttle to Baga 4 or 5 times a day.

The breakfast was OK but not brilliant and the restaurant for breakfast was passable but not what one would expect from a 5 star hotel (even Goan 5 star which is 3/4 star everywhere else!)

In summary I would not stay here again and for a little extra I would stay in one of the Taj properties which are so much better on so many levels.

This hotel is not what it says on the tin!"

• Travel date: Fri 16th of January 2009

great hotel in arpora

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"As I travel to goa quite frequently, i would say that I am rather discerning when it comes to hotels in the area. This one gets my vote. For a while in goa hotels were 'much of a muchness' when it came to their star rating. Fort aguada was the best and everything else was roughly the same......not great! however this little gem popped up a year ago and has really raised the bar. It is clean, modern, safe, and luxury driven. The facilitites are great and they have really paid attention to detail with the decor. The staff are friendly and attentive and they have a great thai spa. The location for me was great as well as it is a bit removed from the madness which has become Baga and Calungute. However, if that's what you're into, it's only a short ride away. It's actually quite a central location as it is also close to Anjuna market, opposite the site for the late night market and a shorter ride from the nicer beaches like Ashwam and Morjom. I think I can go as far to say that this is the 2nd best hotel in the Bardez district....It takes a lot to beat Fort Aguada! but I will definatley be staying here again."

• Travel date: Sun 21st of December 2008

Riviera de goa, all good !

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"We visited the Riviera de goa Nov-Dec 08 for 3 weeks. The hotel is situated in Arpora (directly across from the night market) about 5km from Baga. It is a new property that has been open approx 1 year. The rooms are either suites or standard (104 in all) and are all spacious and modern with a/c and lcd tv (HBO,sports news).Rooms have a view of either the pool or a lagoon and have balconies.Cleaning is done daily to a high standard and all staff are very friendly and helpful.The pool area is clean and well maintained.The hotel has 2 restaurants both offering local and international food which is good and reasonably priced, the breakfast buffet is also to a good standard.Money exchange is available at slightly less than the going rate(but better than the airport). There is a free bus into baga at regular intervals (morjim beach is much nicer and quieter but takes 30 min by tuk tuk). A Thai spa is available and is well worth a visit for a massage. I would say that this hotel is a very good 4star (european standard)and definatly the best i have seen in Goa. I would stay there again without a doubt on any future visits to the area."

• Travel date: Mon 15th of December 2008

This 5 Star leisure resort is Goa's newest resort at Arpora. Surrounded by sceni

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"First the good things: 1. The best part about the hotel was the staff who was courteous through out. I was very happy about that. 2. Room was well done and was clean. 3. Hotel had a tucked away location from the busy areas of Baga and Calangute which for me was plus point. 4. Food was also good and as I am veg, I was happy by the fact that nothing smelled of sea-food. Now the things which need improvement: 1. The distances to Baga beach, Calangute beach, Baga must be 5 kms and so was Tito's. 2. Club Cabana is not working at the moment."

• Travel date: Thu 11th of December 2008

A gREAT sTAY

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"Date: December 4, 2008

We have visited the hotel Rivera de goa and found something very good which I would like to share with all of you

The staffs were very good, Since it is the newly opened hotel. The hotel is having a good infrastructure except the parking space.
The hotel is located near Arpora and in the way to ANjuna Beach.
Tis hotel rocks if it has the private beach anywa the hotel is good and cheaper...."

• Travel date: Thu 4th of December 2008

Great hotel to be in

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"When me and my wife planned to go to Goa we were not very sure about the place. Reviews of Hotels were not consistent and it was very very difficult to decide about the place by just looking at the website. We both being very choosy about the place decided not to book it advance. We decided that we would go to Goa and then look at the property and then decide to choose the place.

We looked at many places and found Riviera de goa to be the best in terms of value for money.

Location -
This Hotel is located in North goa and around 2 KMs from Beach. That was the only negative point. But that was not a big problem as Hotel had regular shuttle service for hotel.

Property -
Its a 4-5 Star property, with great lobby nice pool restaurant and bar. Rooms are quite spacious and modern in architecture.

Service -
Service was average, but nothing which can be take as negative. Staff was courteous and professional

Food -
This was the best part. we stayed there for 3 nights and had atleast 4 meals and 3 breakfast and all the times we found the food absolutely awesome. This is one positive factor which rare in most of the hotel.

Recommendation -
I would surely recommend this place. The only thing because of which you may not like this place is the location. This place is not close to beach and few people would take it as negative."

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of December 2008

Beautiful resorts

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"This resort is situated in Arpora very close to calangute beach, Baga Beach and Anjana Beach. Travellers who are looking for a place to stay in close vicinity within North Goa then this is the resort to spend your holidays. They are very friendly bunch of people working at this resorts and they will be very happy to help you. Since i went during off season it was well priced but not sure during season so check with them first and you may be able to negotiate a good deal as well. This resort has a very nice pool for sun bathing but only draw back that they did allow me to drink which was a bit rude i felt. Food is not so tasty as it should be. They do not have much of choice and also if you ask any of the chefs they themselves dont know whats on the menu. So you may have to go outside for a nice meal..............Happy holidays!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of October 2008