Pool Deck

Great service

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"I would highly recommend this hotel,prompt email communication meant I was able to secure an advance reservation and they sent a taxi to pick me up from the airport for a very reasonable charge. Our room was basic but clean and had all necessary amenities. The restaurant food was tasty and hygienically prepared using filtred water, the pool was clean and well maintained. But I can't give enough praise to the staff - from reservation to check out they were unfailingly friendly, helpful, and efficient with nothing being too much trouble. Flashy 5 star hotels could learn a lot about customer service from this place."

• Travel date: 22nd March 2007

Good clean basic hotel in great location

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"This is a good clean no frills hotel in a great location. The staff are very friendly and the pool is clean and attractive. The food is very good too - we especially liked the Dal & Rice which became a staple. Its worth noting that Anjuna is still a relatively 'hippy' location and local ammenaties are pretty basic. Note that the beds are very hard - so anyone with back troubles this may not be for you! The AC is also very noisy indeed. But at this price who's complaining? Take some earplugs :)"

• Travel date: 13th March 2007

Really Great Spot

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"i stayed here with my brother sister and cousin and my sister is a five star hotel snob, but due to the fact that all five stars were filled, we stayed here on the first night. although we were able to get a five star reservation on the remaining four nights, everyone, including my sister, was very impressed with this place. The rooms are basic but clean. The pool is really nice, and the hosts went out of their way to make sure we had no problems or hassles - top notch service for sure. Plus the place had all the amenities, a 24 hour cafe, cool people staying there, transportation, safe, and cleanliness. Would definitely recommend for the price."

• Travel date: 26th February 2007

Really friendly staff

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"We spent 4 nights at Anjuna Villa at the beginning of February. On the whole we found it be a very pleasant place and the staff were outstanding: attentive and really friendly it also has a nice pool and offers a good location which is close to the cliffs, Paradiso and the main strip in town but still relatively quiet. The excellent service was further enhanced as we have just received an email from the hotel asking for feedback on our stay. They did have the worst showers I came across on my trip though and our room wasn't cleaned the entire time we were there. A good start to our holiday but I'm glad we went at the beginning."

• Travel date: 18th February 2007

Loved this hotel

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"Had a wonderful stay at Villa Anjuna following a bit of travelling around just before Xmas. My (spotlessly clean) room overlooking the pool was a treat (A/C, cable TV, and hot water - the first I had encountered for some time). The restaurant overlooks the pool and serves really tasty food, and it's a nice place to relax over breakfast whilst deciding how to spend the day. Sometimes we moved from the breakfast table to a sun lounger to continue wondering how to spend the day. Then we had a dip, then ordered a drink... followed by another dip in the pool, and then a spot of lunch, etc etc etc. .... well you can see why I found it such a relaxing place to stay! The hotel location is ideal, it is near to the beach, bus stand, and shops. The hotel also has internet facilities. One of the other things that made my stay so enjoyable was the people who run, and work for the hotel. They are really excellent - welcoming, friendly, helpful, kind, and humorous. Actually, I feel reluctant to say exactly how much I liked it because I don't want to find it all booked up next time I want to stay there - and there will definitely be a next time!!"

• Travel date: 13th January 2007

Pleasantly surprised!

Reviewed 12th November 2012

"We spent 4 days at Villa Anjuna over Christmas and were really surprised by the standard of the hotel. The rooms were clean and spacious, with A/C (needed!) and a little balcony over looking the pool. The staff were really excellent, friendly and knowledgeable, nothing was too much trouble. The pool is clean and the snack bar was excellent - great fruit shakes and very cheap beer! The hotel is set a little back from the beach but in our opinion this was perfect - less hassle from hawkers and no noise from the music at the restaurants and backpackers lodges on the sea front. Plus the ten minute walk was the only exercise we got!"

• Travel date: 5th January 2007

Best in Anjuna, maybe all North Goa

Reviewed 12th November 2012

"I really enjoyed my time at the Villa Anjuna. Everyone was extremely nice, knowledgable and helpful. They've got three computers for internet access, a restaurant/snack bar where you can get whatever you want 24 hours, a very nice pool, and the a/c works great in the room (if of course you have a room with a/c). I stayed there for 10 days or so and could have easily stayed another 10. It's very relaxing. And the woman across the street is alot of fun to negotiate with when buying shirts/jewelry/blankets. But she's not a pushover. I read in one of the guides that because the hotel is close to one of the night spots that it's noisy - absolutely not the case in my experience."

• Travel date: 24th December 2006

Felt right at home, even if it rained non-stop

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"Spent many nice evenings in the restaurant by the pool due to the fact that the rain made it impossible to leave the house! But the staff was great, specially sir Silvester, and I won't hesitate to go back if I return to Goa. (Somebody please clean up the beach first!!!)"

• Travel date: 1st October 2006

Feels like home

Reviewed 21st October 2012

"I've just returned from my first "adult" trip of Goa, where I stayed at the Villa Anjuna hotel near Anjuna beach in north Goa. All my previous trips of Goa have been with family, so I never really could indulge in those "forbidden" pleasures that the place affords. Anjuna, as most people know, was an erstwhile hippies' paradise. It has toned down consideraby, and what you get to see now is no more than a tame version of the original Flower dream. However, I still had a fabulous time, one of my best holidays so far. The hotel contributed to a very large extent in making my trip so comfortable and enjoyable. It is a stone's throw from the beach, and even nearer to the famous Paradiso club. I had booked rooms after looking at their website [------------] and they delivered all that they promised. An AC double room cost me 1000 rupees a day. The room was very neat and comfortable. It was just beside the pool, which is remarkably beautiful and very well maintained. There is a nice sun-deck all around the pool, with comfortable deck chairs. The hotel's 24hr coffee shop is also by the pool. The food is good and reasonably priced. They serve some very good fruit juices and shakes. However, there was no pork or beef on the menu, which was the only downside. The staff was polite and very helpful. They assisted me with hiring motorbikes for getting around in Goa, and gave me a lot of information which came in handy. Overall, I would definitely consider staying there again, and recommend it to anyone who wants to stay at a good place near Anjuna beach."

• Travel date: 10th May 2006