Good

exceptional value, quality and service...immaculate

Reviewed Sun 31st of March 2013

"We were amazed to find this little resort in India at all! Away from the crowds dirt and rubbish of India..easy to get to ...Though not "5 star" luxury hotel style it has tiled spacious rooms and suites, sumptious surrounding lawns and gardens, immaculate rooms bathrooms, bed linen and towels...
The service and atmosphere is gentle, non-intrusive and positive with any and every assistance we needed.
The restaurant, like the resort, is still establishing itself and probably the range of its menu..but we adored the home made breads and fresh butter, the subtley flavoured Indian dishes and delicious prawns and shrimps, the salads are the best we've had in India!!
We are here for two weeks to completely relax..we didn't want to go anywhere else once we arrived...local shops have everything you need..a 15 mins walk away...and the weather is incredible...same temp day and night ...25-29 maybe...
Do not miss this place...the rates are excellent for the high quality of everything here."

• Travel date: Mon 15th of November 2010

Awesome - one hella of trip and place

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"Hacienda De Goa - This has been the best hotel we have stayed till now... I have been to most of south India with my spouse for our honeymoon, but Hacienda has been the best hands down. Everything about this hotel is too good to believe, Staff, Food, Accommodation and also the price.

We just stayed there for 3 days but we really never wanted to come back from both the hotel and Goa. Vagatur is the closest beach, Anjuna about 5 km and Calgunte, Baga about 11 km but don't worry about the distance its only 15 to 20 min drive in a scooter.

Special mention should go to Mr Thomas and also to Restaurant staff they were fabulous all through the stay and everything was arranged for us with no hassles at all.We have already started planning for our next visit to Goa and it wil surely be back to Hacienda de Goa."

• Travel date: Mon 15th of November 2010

Best experience in India

Reviewed Fri 29th of March 2013

"The resort is well spread out, beautifully landscaped and has a stunnning outdoor pool. The service was excellent and staff go out of their way to make your stay comfortable.. 'The resort will exceed even the most demanding expectations of an international traveller.
The suite we stayed was very spaciour and well equipped with all amenities and sparkling clean. The bed was unbelievingly comfortable and bathroom was very spacious. The resort looks even more beautiful at night and very quiet and peaceful. All in all it was wonderful experience and we look forward to visiting again."

• Travel date: Fri 12th of November 2010

Close youur eyes and get in here!

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"Got the hotel ref from Facebook advert.
Was skeptical in spite of the few reviews (which were all positive).
Once I reached there I wished I'd catered for more time to stay here. My 14 year old son LOVED this place and was not at all willing to check out. He wanted to eat all his meals in the hotel restaurant. My wife who normally doesn't shower praise was very impressed with the rooms, the cleanliness, the landscaping, the restaurant.
Rooms are very clean, the staff is responsive and best of all you get to meet Mr. Thomas (the owner) nearly three to four times a day (depending if you spend in the hotel or are out holidaying on the beaches). He, Mr. Thomas takes personal feedback from in-house guests.
The restaurant makes better 'french-fries' (much better) than any restaurant/hotel/fast food joint, incl McDonald's, that I've had eaten at. The food is very good and is worth the wait (good things come at a price!!; here the only price you've to pay is time aka patience. Very affordable; in fact the three of us used to eat a meal within INR 500/- (give or take some tip!).
The hotel organizes two wheelers for you on hire (approx INR 200 per day for scooties and about 250 for bikes) and taxi is on call (just holler to the staff or walk 50 mtrs to the shop in front of the gate and ask the sweet girl or the cute konkani speaking middle-aged man there.
The only beach in walking distance is Vaagator (walk of about 25 mins or so); other beaches are nearby but not at all walking distance.
The restaurant is bang on the beautiful pool which has a special kids corner!
What have I left out?
Price?
Its really affordable and considering the services, the ambiance and the quality you get its worth it."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of November 2010

Worth every cent!

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"Hacienda De Goa Resort is the coziest resort we have ever been to, tastefully designed & furnished, rooms much larger than other resorts, . The standard of food at the restaurant is excellent as they have an excellent chef with years of experience under his belt.. Service was exceptional, staff always willing to give you the best to make your stay comfortable. The pool is wonderful, surroundings serene. Highly recommended for family holidays."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of November 2010

Hacienda De Goa, Goa

Reviewed Sat 30th of March 2013

"Hacienda hotel was a wonderful experience. I loved the big and beautiful swimming pool and living / dining areas.You can enjoy while playing the games that were provided in hotel.The hotel has good hospitality. A beautiful hotel with great scenic beauty. You could find many services.Its like you name it and you get it.It was really a wonderful experience and i enjoyed a lot being there.It. You can also enjoy Goa much more while you are staying in hacienda hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 24th of July 2010

My favorite place to stay in North Goa!

Reviewed Thu 28th of March 2013

"I have been going to Goa every year for the last 5 years, I spend most of my time in south Goa but usual try to make a day or to trip up north around the market day. I find to the north a bit too busy and over developed so normally keep my time up there brief. Last year I spent NYE up north around Anjuna and gambled on a 3 night stay at the newly opened Haceinda De Goa Resort. Was a little concerned as when I made the booking the hotel was not open yet. My reservations were completely unfounded. The place is truly an oasis in the hustle and buslte of north Goa. The hotel by their own admission was still getting on their feet when we got there as had been only open a few weeks but we would never have known unless they hadnt told us. Every aspect of our stay was fantastically catered for. Water and tea on our arrival while we checked in, our bags in our rooms before we even noticed, a beautiful pool with highly attentive waiting staff. The menus for the restaurant were not ready when we stayed but that only worked in our benefit too, chef would ask us in the morning if there was any thing in particular we fancied that day, by the relevant meal time are wishes were created to an amazing standard. Above all I must praise the owners, Mr & Mrs Thomas. At every opportunity they made sure we had an amazing stay. Please also note, in comparison to other accomadation in area, Haceinda De Goa is not only superior but also cheaper. I previously didnt spend much time in north Goa but my stay at this hotel means I will in future endeavour to spend at least a few days even its purely to stay at the hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of June 2010

You'll be missing out if you don't stay here

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"Hacienda de Goa was by far the best place that we have stayed at during our 5 week trip to India. We stayed here for 7 nights in May 2010 while visiting Goa. Originally we were only going to stay 4 nights, but loved it so much that we extended our stay for a full 7 nights. The resort actually looks better in person than on the website; when does that ever happen when you are travelling….never! The resort is brand new and built to the best standards that I have seen. The rooms are spacious and comfortable with new firm beds, TV’s, AC and the nicest bathrooms in India. The pool is a wonderful attraction about the resort and is so clean you just want to jump in every time you walk past. There were two days that I just relaxed poolside with a good book.

The best thing about the resort is the owner and the staff who will take the best care of you and make your stay unbelievable. Mr. Thomas, the owner, was very generous to us during our time there and we had many wonderful chats with him while we were staying there. If there was anything you needed Mr. Thomas made sure you got it, from finding us a travel agent, renting us bikes, and negotiating a cab ride to the South of Goa. The great thing about this resort is that it is small enough that you can get to know the people who are there and feel like you are really at home. In addition, the chef is wonderful. He is the best chef that we have come across during our time in India. He even made a wonderful Birthday dinner for my husband while we were there and I must say, ask him to make seafood paella, you won’t be disappointed. Also the resort and the kitchen are so spotless that it was the only place in India that I have eaten salads…and they were wonderful!

All I can say is that you need to stay here if you are travelling to Goa. We spent some time touring through the North of Goa and you will not find a nicer resort anywhere!"

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of May 2010

Total relaxation

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"If you want to totally chill out this is the place for you.

Great location in Anjuna, its a great base to explore northern Goa.

The staff are great, so friendly & attentive. The resort is lovely, set in beautiful gardens with a great pool, where I spent most days.

The chef has worked in Dubai for years and it shows, he cooked some amazing food - some of the best I've had in India.

The rooms are lovely and really spacious & the beds are really comfy, I can't remember when I slept so well. They even have black out lining on the curtains so you aren't woken with sunrise - they really have thought of everything - I can't rate this place enough.

I can't wait to go back next year!"

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of April 2010

Luxury in Anjuna

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"My partner and I had originally booked a two week holiday at another hotel in Candolim. We didn't like the area so we decided to head up to Anjuna and look for another hotel. We were fortunate enough to come across the Hacienda De Goa. We popped in to have a look around and was met by a very welcoming member of staff. We were shown around the resort and it was exactly what we were looking for. The resort has only recently been completed and they have spared no expense. Firstly the staff are amazing and made us feel very at home. Each morning at breakfast our table would be set and the coffee would be brewing. Within minutes the caretaker would bring us towels for the pool and we would enjoy a fantastic breakfast. The chef has spent the last 15 years working at a 5 star hotel in Dubai so we were expecting good things and he never disappointed. Some of the best food we have eaten in Goa.

The pool was great and we didn't venture far from it all holiday. You only had to look in the direction of the staff and they would be over in a shot trying to help in anyway they could. The restaurant itself is completely open plan and something you don't find in many places in Goa. A sign of just how confident they are of their food and hygiene. The rooms and suites at the resort are spacious, clean and well laid out with balconies or terraces. The gardens are amazing and match the rest of the resort.

I have stayed in many nice hotels and resorts in my time but very few offer the personally touch like the staff do here. It's not a huge resort and that's one of the best things about it. If you are looking for a place to unwind, relax and be totally pampered then look no further then the Hacienda De Goa. A big thanks to Mr Thomas for such hospitality, Troy and Marvin for superb service and Chef for all the amazing food, and not forgetting Romeo.We will definitely be back next year"

• Travel date: Sat 17th of April 2010