Good
Good

Peaceful sanctuary

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"Goa beautiful as it is , was always low on my travel list . Simply because I always thought of it as being very commercialized and overflowing with tourist , and to quite an extent it is .
Casa Anjuna proved to be the perfect peaceful sanctuary i was looking for . It offers all amenities of a modern well run hotel but gives a feeling of living in a private luxurious holiday home.
Every room is decorated differently with careful detail and furnished with balenese furniture . There are no TVs in the room , which personally worked well for me , since it not only added to the traditional colonial feel of the hotel but also had me catching up on my favorite book just before dozing off ......
The staff look after you well and give a lot of personal attention . Breakfast which is included in your stay is served on the terrace with a choice of continental & Indian favorites accompanied with fresh local fruits. Also available is a talented chef who can cater to adventurous taste buds wanting to sample local cuisine .
There is a swimming pool but i hardly saw it being used , considering the beach is just a 10 min walk from the hotel.However we did enjoy our evening tea & traditional Indian snacks by the pool side which was nice.
Overall Casa Anjuna leaves you with an urge of wanting more and there can not be more proof of this than the fact that i'm returning back to GOA and staying with the Casa chain of hotels this time to sample their hospitality at their Vagator property .....BON VOYAGE ."

• Travel date: Mon 21st of January 2008

A wonderfully designed and decorated, friendly and relaxing space

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"Having lived in India for nine months and travelled extensively throughout this often frustrating and chaotic country, Casa Anjuna was the perfect place to completely wind down and relax, and is the perfect spot for anybody who is looking for a base from which to gain the most out of a Goan adventure.

It is the most refreshing space to spend your holiday. We spent seven nights there after a long and draining quarter and it was just what the doctor ordered.

The rooms are tastefully and very stylishly decorated. Cool spacious rooms and gigantic wooden four poster beds await you and from what I could work out, each room has its own characteristics and special charms.

The pool is pure crystal and a fantastic place to recharge with a cold beer after a day exploring the coast on scooters, bargaining at the Anjuna Wednesday market, or nursing a hangover compliments of the great bar and excellent food that Casa Anjuna serves (Try the prawns)… or from the hectic Goan night life…

The staff and management were very friendly and always on hand to help with any arrangement, idea or suggestion we needed.

I have already booked three nights in January 2008. I can’t wait to get back there.

James Endersby
Monitor Group"

• Travel date: Tue 20th of November 2007

dreadful

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"This was our second holiday in India. We love the country and are getting to know it quite well.

We had an absolutely wonderful two week tour of Rajasthan - everything was perfect: hotels, food, service, tours, hospitality. And then we went to Casa Anjuna for a relaxing five night break before coming home. It was sold to us as a beautifully renovated, top quality, boutique hotel, full of antiques and colonial features.

I'm afraid that it didn't live up to its billing.

Casa Anjuna was cramped, dirty (the pool was so dirty that you couldn't even see to the bottom of it in the shallow end!), shabby and the management were unwelcoming.

Our tour operator agreed and we were moved to another hotel within two hours of our arrival.

I really wouldn't recommend it."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of April 2007

Beautiful peaceful small hotel

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"We stayed here at Casa Anjuna for 4 nights at the end of our 2 week trip to Goa. It was a lovely hotel and we were looked after really well. The building is a converted Portugese colonial home with cottages in the grounds and fabulously kept gardens. The food was good and breakfast was served on the top open floor among the tree tops! Rooms were tastefully decorated and the bathrooms were spacious and had lovely mosiacs. The pool was very quiet and was surrounded by beds and beautiful flowers and trees. It all felt very luxurious. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. I didn't want to leave and will certainly return. I really recommend going."

• Travel date: Tue 24th of April 2007

A wonderfull colonial hotel..

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"Weve just spent around 6 nights at 2 of the different hotels owned by the Casa group....

We arrived at Casa Anjuna and stayed 3 nights in this lovely hotel. The rooms are very well planned, with 4 poster beds, large bathrooms, and lovely decor-

The gardens around the pool are lush and green, with places to relax either in the sun or shade...

Service was very good and the food was very nice...I ate meat , fish and veggie Indian dishes ( I was worried about eating meat after hearing bad storys of 'Deli-Belly' as everyone does) but none of our group had any stomach problems ( there were 6 of us travelling toegther).

Overall a great place to stay -only a 3 minute walk to the beach or clifftop bars, and very quite and relaxing...

Be sure to check out the roof terrace/restaurant - lovel views ( which must be even better during , or at the end of the monsoon season)

+ No mosquitos to be seen or bites while we were there.

Highly recommend, especially if you need somewhere to go when you arrive to acclimatize before adventuring to more challenging ( or cheaper )parts of Goa...

On the way home we stayed in Casa Britona, which is an hour from the airport...also very very nice and a similar style and even more relaxing...

Will add some photos when i can,,,
enjoy..