Agonda White Sand

Agonda Beach Road, Agonda 403702 India

Amazing Expereince

"Loved it!!!!
It was a surprise trip for my wife on her birthday...loved each and every second we stayed. Our first response when we saw the resort was - WOW!!!

The resort itself is amazing on the sand of Angoda beach. The rooms are clean, the staff is amazing (Shaan and his team were very hospitable). The food was great, great spread. We had ‘butter chicken’..yummy!!!!

The beach is clean..unlike the other beaches you find in Goa. Sunsets are alive!! And remarkable to watch.

It’s the perfect place to unwind and relax. Would love to go back again - for a week or two"

• Travel date: Sun 14th of March 2010

Paradise within Paradise

"Searched for something more chilled to enjoy the last few days in Goa and this place did not disappoint. A warm welcome from the staff and a refreshing coconut milk preceeded what was to be the most relaxing few days in an amazing location.
Away from the bar drag of nearby Palolem this beach is all about peace & quiet. Not a beach hawker (apart from dolphin trip offers) in sight; the beach per person ratio is fantastic.

With only 10 beach huts, the other guests are friendly and the staff have time to make you feel completely at home and welcome......even if they do beat you time after time at Connect 4 (shaan, youre a genius!!!!)

The quietness of the beach allowed for some real downtime and great swimming. The sunsets were something else and being able to find your own part of the beach to experience them was priceless.

The food was fantastic and the menu choice was great. The fresh fish was so tasty, can highly recommend the tandoori Red Snapper! We're not usually beach people but we could have quite happily stayed there for much longer.
Our thanks go out to the staff at White Sands for making the end to our travels in Goa absolute paradise. We will undoubtedly return.

Sy & Kate
UK"

• Travel date: Sat 6th of March 2010

A special little hideaway...

"Really helpful staff
Great huts, but it was Shaan and his team who really made the stay for us. They brought breakfast up to the balcony, arranged rickshaws to take us into the nearet town to find an ATM, were always around if we needed anything, and arranged a sunset boat trip. We moored up at a completely secluded beach you could only reach by boat and saw dolphins, which really made our trip!"

• Travel date: Sat 27th of February 2010

Amazing place, really friendly superb beach

"Agonda beach is lovely and the white sands beach huts are really great, fans, mozzi nets, good showers and nicely made secure huts, a bit dearer than the rest at 2500 rupees but if you stay a bit longer you may get a discount as we did.ask for anything and they will help, They even baby sat our large bags while we stayed two nights elsewhere and they were untouched.We had a squeeky fan that sounded like a chopper landing and when I asked if they could take a peek they fixed it straightaway.The only downside we found was that the beds were quite hard but after three days we had got used to them.The security gaurd here was a big plus for us.The staff are great very friendly and there is a little 'shop' opposite that does the best veg samosa's and Thali the lady who owns it is lovely and the samosa's are 5 rupee's, try one at 12 midday when they are fresh, so good! looks a bit rough but really is the best place.Green lands is a two min walk and does great value food the butter chicken (real chunks of chicken ! ),veg byryani and pizza's are recommended, there's great souvalaki ?! yes really down by the church and theres a nice restaurant called the simrose ( i think? ) its the last one just before as you walk toawards the church and the turtle lounge is nice for an expensive drink although the foods not worth it, catch a ride to see the dolphins and then ask to be dropped at Cola beach for the day, amazing.Relax in a hammock bliss.There are a few little hut shops down the track and these sell suncream to fruit to a new dress but are all small places, one boutiquey place called miss monkey's which does amazing clothing but is a tad pricey"

• Travel date: Sat 27th of February 2010

Well worth the money!

"I know other reviewers have said they found it a bit pricey, but I think it’s well worth paying a bit more – it’s so much nicer than anything else on Agonda (apart from Turtle Lounge, but then you’re paying big bucks). The huts are really well designed and built from solid wood – not cobbled together from bits of plywood and coconut leaves like lots of other places in Agonda – with big comfy beds, bedside lamps, security lockers in the room, and cushioned chairs and a big table on the balacony. Oh, and the beautiful beach is right on your doorstep!"

• Travel date: Thu 25th of February 2010

pretty good place on quiet beach and nice people

"I really liked this place most from all places I stayed in India. beutifull garden, very nice people.
They should little bit improve their bamboo houses (which I heard should be renovated) and little bit work on service in restaurant (I mean they are realy service oriented, but sometimes it is just too much and you are not shure about resolts, which are at the end good). Still one of the best best places in agonda. I will be happy to come again

• Travel date: Fri 8th of January 2010

Great location - bit pricey

"Fantastic location, amazing beaches but hey that's Agonda... what about the digs?! I know you can get beach huts for next to nothing but we wanted a bit of luxury so opted for something a bit classier. To be honest it's pricey for Goa - and the bathrooms, although clean are a bit dated - flowery lino was not what I was expecting for what I paid but hey I was on the beach most of the time."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of December 2009

really lovely, chilled gem of a place

Good

"Well, where to start with Agonda White Sand?! It's pretty amazing and although it's a little more expensive than some other places in Agonda but worth it... the big and stylish huts come with comfy chairs on the balconies ideal for relaxing, and there are shaded sunbeds. We loved the chill out area on top of the circular restaurant - a really nice touch. If you're looking for a real party place, you might want to venture to Palolem, but Agonda is hard to beat for calm, comfort and laid-back cool."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of December 2009

Amazing beach

Good

"Agonda is one of the loveliest beaches in South Goa and White Sands has the perfect location. If you want to relax in gorgeous surroundings, go to White Sands. The huts are great and the gardens they are situated in are really very lovely. The restaurant does great food too - especially fish - delicious."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of December 2009

Somewhere that wil take a booking at last.

Good

"I looked for places to stay in Palolem that were within my budget. Budget was not the primary issue, it was finding somewhere that was built and would take a booking. I contacted a few websites but nobody would reply. I looked a little further afield and found Agonda White Sand Huts in Agonda. The staff were so relaxed and friendly I instantly felt on holiday.

We also went to along the beach to Turtle lounge for lunch and what a stunning place that was but way out of my budget. Not much is open yet but everybody is saying tomorrow so I guess a tomorrow soon.

Definately the best for quality and money I saw.

."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of December 2009

Hotels near Agonda White Sand

Stayed at Agonda White Sand? Share your insight.

Agonda White Sand is also called