Vue piscine

i love tunisia

Reviewed 24th December 2012

"for my first time i came in tunisia i enjoy every thing there me my tow sisters and my mam evry thing is ok there in orient palace , i love swiming and sleep al the day , i love people and spacialy the animation team, there is to much food different and spacil food tunisien food ; oropien food ; every thing... night shiow is good many things dance scatch games it is very fanny. i advise all the people to came there because i love tunisia and i hope retern there next year."

• Travel date: 7th September 2008

Go in this hotel

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"The hotel is great, food and animation are the best (sawsen,gogo,mido,seif,sam i love you!!) , pools are ok, see too.. i liked it.. rooms are good, hotel is clean, it isn't really 5 star hotel but for one holiday is great. People should go there!!! For kids this hotel is very good, too, shows are good, i dont know what more to say, i liked it and hope that a lot of people will visit you there!!! BIG KISS FROM SERBIA!!!!!"

• Travel date: 17th August 2008

nice, but...

Reviewed 25th December 2012

"I,m Sandra 29 from Lithuania Date of stay: 3-10 August 2008 I've just returned from one week stay at Orient Palace. I stayed in this hotel in June. I liked it so much so I decited to bring my family to the same place again. Hotel is nice, food is good, sun and water more than wonderful. But I had a very anpleasent accidence during my stay. We went to a two day trip and as I was in a hurry I didn't put some of my money to the safe deposit box. I just putted them into my suit case and locked it. When we came back it was gone. The suit case was still loced but some things where in wrong places. I admit that it was silly to do so, but it was my room and my suitcase! When we when to teh reseption and later to the manager the aditude was more than horrible. They didn't what to help at all or even didn't apology, that such thing happened in their 5 STAR hotel. So dear turist be very careful and put all your valuable things to the safe deposit box so such unpleasent surprises wouldn't spoil your holidays."

• Travel date: 17th August 2008

our stay 28/06 till 05/07

Reviewed 25th December 2012

"Me and my daughter stayed in this hotel for 1 week (all-in). The food was great, a lot of variation as well for breakfast as for lunch and dinner.Everything was good:the cleaning of the rooms, the personnel, the waiters in the restaurant were very kind,the people at the pool-bar were nice, the animators were lovely. They were all very child-friendly. We really enjoyed every day of our stay overthere. Although the hotel can use some refreshments, it wasn't disturbing the feeling-good-parameter. It's the perfect place to spend your holiday with the children, they can have the time of there life, while the parents are relaxing in the sun and enjoying a nice "low"alcohol-cocktail :-)"

• Travel date: 9th July 2008

1st Class Tunisian Gettaway

Reviewed 29th November 2012

"My partner and I both in our mid 20's just returned from a very relaxing week in Sousse. Although there isn't a great deal in the surrounding area the quality of the hotel made up for it. We went all inclusive and I would recommend it as quite a few things in Tunisia can be quite pricey compared with Greece and Spain etc. We still managed to eat out every night just to have a break from the hotel. The hotels beach no longer exists at the back of the hotel it seems to have washed away, but trudge through the rock pools and washed up sea plants and to the right is a busy but quite nice stretch of beech and to the left is a lovely quiet and very big beech where we spent most of our time, literally a 10 second walk. Expect to get hassled by beech sellers, annoying as hell but part and parcel of the place. The Staff are great if you approach them for anything but don't expect them to approach you as they don't, if you want something ask. The maid's do a great job and well worth tipping as the small touches count. Be careful though as we were leaving tips for the maid the first few days we were there and the guy that fills the fridges was getting in the room first and taking the money so the poor maid only got half of what we left her. They are great in the hotel at changing money, with no charge, just change up what you need for the day. Also if you tell them you are going out to a restaurant they will book you a table and even phone you a taxi. Because we went at the start of the season we ended up getting everything all inclusive whereas in full season some things are and something's aren't. The Pizza bar is really nice, great food and a nice relaxing settings in the garden. Breakfast and Tea in the main Buffet style restaurant is a little limiting but very nice and always warm. Not really for people who aren't fond of traditional Tunisian cuisine although I imagine if you asked they would more than be happy to make you something else. You will notice a big difference between the people who work at the hotel and the people outside the resort who seem to be out to rob you blind most of the time. The staff are very well trained and know what they have to do to keep the hotel 5 star and not let standards slip. Fresh drinks were put in the room fridge everyday and were included in the price which was very helpful as you're not allowed to take food and drink out or bring it in. Like most places tips go along way, we would go into the bar for lunchtime drinks and leave a 1TND tip and you got treat very warmly when you returned at night, including plates of nuts, cheese and olives with you wine and beer. We did notice there were only about 2 other couples that were all inclusive and you did seem to get slightly better treatment. The indoor pool is really nice and warm and a decent size."

• Travel date: 1st April 2008

nie hotel bad buffet

Reviewed 22nd October 2012

"i just came back from this hotel , honestly nothing to say about the hotel the room the location , and the service. the food was my main concern as i was in half board , so i did have to dine in . after three days i had a food poisonning very nasty , did have to stay in my room for 2 days . i have complained to the manager about it and suggested to reduce the 12 main courses for less but qualities food. concerning the beach they where builders around so did have to walk about 200 metres to be able to swim . the manager was open to feed back and hopefully next time i will go back i will find a good food . this hotel is very calming and relaxing nice lounge . don t take the sea side view but the opposite the sun stay all day long , enjoy your stay yours sincerly nasso"

• Travel date: 20th March 2008

Lovely

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"The Orient Palace Hotel is an above average hotel. Everything was up to great standard. Food was great, the location is amazing. Room was really nice, although could have been a bit bigger. I have nothing to complain about, apart from one thing, that ruined everything. Tunisian currency cannot be taken out of the country so one has to exchange the Tunisian currency before he leaves. So we did, and the receptionist tried to rob us by a few pounds. Now this is a review on the hotel, but its the peopple that make the hotel. The hotel itself, its situation and surroundings are amazing. Staff must be better trained in my opinion, plus male waiters cannot see a skirt."

• Travel date: 19th June 2007

Lovely Hotel

Reviewed 24th December 2012

"My friend and I have just returned from the Orient Palace , Sousse, Tunisia and I have to say it was the best hotel we have stayed in.....we have been to Tunisia several times before. The hotel was immaculately clean. The only issue you might want to bear in mind should you select this hotel, it does not appear in english travel brochures so a second european language would be very helpful; we both speak german. They do speak english but in our two weeks we saw one other english couple ! But on the plus side ANY hotel with a mainly european clientele will always be of a higher standard & it was.. The food was buffet style and plentiful; always something to eat and varied. There is a dress code for dinner & I for one was pleased not to have to see men in football shirts or worse still shorts and a baggy vest as I have done in other hotels!! It was very much in keeping with the standard of the hotel. The hotel is situated between Sousse approx 3km & Port El Kantaoui approx 3km. Never pay more than 4/5 dinars for a taxi ride (before 9pm) - I know this is cheap compared to home but the actual real cost is less than 2 dinars to either destinationso they do make a living !!! On a less positive note a few days before we left we noticed that alot of the german/spanish/italian guests who were leaving were being replaced by Romanians and come the day we left it would appear that at least half the hotel was occupied by them. Alot of them were loud & brash and looked 'tatty'. From some of the looks we observed from other guests they did not look happy about this situation & it will be interesting to see whether this hotel will be able to maintain it's standards in the future if this hotel has predominately romanian guests?? But as it stands right now, it is a lovely hotel and worth a visit."

• Travel date: 28th May 2007

Enjoyed our stay at this hotel

Reviewed 10th October 2012

"Although we had stayed at this hotel almost 2 years ago it is only now that I found out about this website. So I thought I'd better express my opinion. In general we enjoyed our stay in Orient Palace. A bit disappointed with the standard as it wasn't really a 5*as you would find it in Europe. More like 3*, pushing it to 4*. But even though the room was clean, pool was clean but freezing cold, staff was quite friendly, especially to German guests, quite strict about the dress code for dinners. Local people are very friendly and if you are females on your own you better prepare yourselves for a lot of "attention" from local men(almost pestering). Evening entertainment wasn't too bad but it sometimes got tidies as the animator had to say every single sentence in 6 languages. Food was good(if you like North African cuisine) and the desserts were out of this world. Perhaps also because I have a seriously "sweet tooth". We loved the "suk" (market) in nearby Sousse. Prepare to test your price-negotiating skills. You can haggle prices for a souvenir from 50 TD (tunisian dinars) to even 15TD. Overall we were happy we our holiday and definitelly would return to this hotel again."

• Travel date: 4th March 2007

European 3-4 star

Reviewed 29th November 2012

"Hotel Orient - September 19-29 2006 We are just back from Tunisia. Staying @ Orient Palace Sousse. First of all the hotels are not having the same classification like the Europeans do. So do not except a 5-star hotel in the terms of European rating. They provide safe, pool (very cold:-), restaurant, separated hall etc, but it is a little bit worn. But in my point of view the most important is cleanliness which is very good in the hotel. (You can grease a little maids' workink method with tiny gifts. We brought from home small chocolate bars, shampoos etc) Food- If You like that one particular Arabic spice- then You will like the food. Othervise You can eat croissant, spaghetti, rice. The restaurant is very big, therefor the waiters don't have time to be very kind to everyone, but they are very fast, and You will see-taht is important. Also give them some tip to have Your table clean and ready:-) That is true for all situation - but I think all over the world. We had half board, for dinner I suggest You to be at the restaurant 6.30- sharp. Othervise no table.... First and last we had great time in Tunisia and in this hotel."

• Travel date: 3rd October 2006