Kaiser Hotel

simply the best!

Reviewed 15th July 2012

"the Kaiser is a lovely, friendly family hotel.If you compare the prices to all the other hotels around it you will see it is considerably cheaper. Some aspects are basic with no frills, but the essentials to make a good holiday are all ok. The rooms are large and clean with endless hot water and daily clean towels.The heating/air con is effecient making the room at a nice temperature whatever time of the year you go.The staff are wonderful - just with the exception of the night reception man who is very grumpy!! Best to just have a quiet laugh at him - i do!The rest of the staff would do anything to help you - even with matters outside the hotel.When you go more than one time they welcome you back like an old friend and cant do enough for you. The breakfast is a little uninspiring - after a few days of exactly the same choice it gets a little boring! A bit more variety would help! There is no evening entertainment at this hotel, but you can eat lovely really cheap food washed down with equally good cheap wine and then just step out the door to many places within walking distance for your entertainment, or hail one of the hundreds of yellow taxis going past the door to take you further afield. I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years - which speaks for itself, and i think of it as my second home! Im sad when i see really bad reviews cos its mostly from people who booked it because it was so cheap ..... then expected 5 star ammenites. You get what you pay for at the Kaiser - and more in my opinion in the kindness and fun from the staff, but if you want top quality in everything - then open your purse and pay 5 star prices!!!!"

• Travel date: 15th July 2012

Low cost, disappointed

Reviewed 6th April 2010

"Be prepared to carry your own Luggage up steps to get in. Same boring Breakfast every morning. More like a cheap continental. Boiled eggs only, croissants, cold fritz, yogurt, tomato, tea/coffee/'juice' of sorts. No entertainment. Sun only on the rear Balconies which overlooks back streets. Ask for a street Balcony if you want a view of the sea and better hotels. (no sun) not far from the beach, shops, Staff not friendly unless you spend money in the hotel. Rooms clean and basic, no tea/coffee making facilities, you can hire a fridge. Phone calls to local numbers 50p a minute. Turkish Bath is £10, Well worth it. Pool is just a pool squashed into a small area surrounded by brick walls. "

• Travel date: 5th April 2010

Not impressed

Reviewed 4th November 2010

"On arrival, you will have to pull your suitcases up steps to the front door, the receptionist usually male will not assist you in any way to get to your room. Not friendly lot in this hotel. The breakfast is diabollical. Same thing everyday, Hard Boiled eggs, cold meat, tomatoes croissants. thats it, except you do get Juice that is not really juice, Coffee that is awfull. Dinner you have only bread plate sizes. Only a choice of 2 meals, usually fish or Lamb. chips, soup, a couple of vegs. Ice cream everynight. Taxi's: cheap but be carefull. Make sure the meter is on. Most used phrase you will use: Emshi= go away. Cadesh= How much? Floos = money"

• Travel date: 4th April 2010

STAY CLEAR!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!! I ...

Reviewed 30th September 2008

"STAY CLEAR!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!! I wish I'd listened to the warnings I had. This place is discusting, the only good comments anyone could leave must be from the owners or a member of staff! Even after complaining about the cigarrette butts in the draws, whatever it was growing on the shower curtain, the door that wouldn't lock, the cockroach, the missing cover from the electic socket, the lack of tv remote, the discusting state of the bath (that we were supposed to put our kids in), nothing was done! (I videod all this). The manager shrugged his shoulders and offered another room if we weren't happy. After carrying the buggy back down the 2 flights of stairs - we left. After an upgrade to another resort and thanks to The Sol Azur in Hammamet our holiday turned out to be fab. Another note would be to steer clear of A1 Travel, they are absolutely pathetic! 2 weeks later and we have had no responce from our email of complaint (they dont have a number to ring regarding complaints - you have to email). Amongst other things they charged 100 dino per person for the transfer (including a 1 year old), it turns out this actually cost 110 dino altogether not the 600 they charged...totally ripped!"

• Travel date: 30th September 2008

My partner and I would like to thank the...

Reviewed 8th August 2007

"My partner and I would like to thank the staff at the Kaisar hotel for making our stay with them so enjoyable, we found them very helpful and friendly and were willing to do whatever they could to solve any problems we had that didn't even involve the hotel directly. We found the accommodation very adequate for a budget hotel it was clean and provided all we needed. From Erica and Haithem a very big thank you to all of you."

• Travel date: 8th August 2007

Brilliant place to stay

Reviewed 12th November 2012

"Where to start . Friendly staff from the minute you book in. Tthe staff are helpful, nothing is too much for them. Cleanliness the rooms were comfortable although not the ritz standard, but for this price where can you get a five course meal with full waiter service? If you are prepared to chat to the locals they are very pleasant people. Would we recommend this hotel? Too late we already have and we will be back very soon."

• Travel date: 25th March 2007

OH MY GOD ! WHAT A HOLE !!!

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"BEFORE I START TO BORE YOU WITH MY REVIEW !! PLEASE TAKE IT FROM ME, NEVER TO STAY AT THIS HOTEL EVER !!! This hotel is absolutely awful, the rooms are disgusting, the beds are like concrete and the poor excuse of a mattress were very uncomfortable. I slept every night with a spring up me [---]. The sheets smelt like stale bleach, along with the towels. I was astonished when I went for a shower, to find that the water coming through the shower head was brown. And that's just the Room !! Now for the food !! We went for our evening meal, and my wife decided to have the turkey in tomato and mushroom sauce, only to find when she scooped the food out of the dish there was 2 huge blue bottle flies floating in the dish. Thinking things could then not get any worse, the chef came over, fished out the flies with a spoon and left the dish there for people to continue serving themselves. The breakfast the next morning was no better. From this moment on we decided to eat out every day until we were able to re-locate to another hotel. BE WARNED PEOPLE..... DO NOT STAY HERE !"

• Travel date: 15th December 2006

Quite Ok budget hotel

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"We bougt a last minute trip with packagetour company Detur. The trip included the flight and seven night at Kaiser Hotel. All for SEK 1995.-(about 216 euro) The hotel was quite OK compared to what we payed. It's quite clean and the staff is reasonbly good. We had pizza one night at their restaurant wich was quite Ok, but not more. If I got the same price again I would love to stay once more here. But if I had to pay more maybe I would consider another hotel. Half way between the hotel and the city is some nice restaurants. From Thomas in Stockholm."

• Travel date: 27th October 2006

watch out

Reviewed 21st November 2012

"For a budget hotel I don't suppose it was too bad. It really could do with being refurbised. Our room itself wasn't too bad until you llooked in the shower cubicle and saw all the mould. Breakfast were -- and evening meals weren't too bad. We had money taken from our room on 2 seperate occassions and as we were on the 4th floor, the only conclusion we came to was it must be staff. We reported the theft to the manager who informed us that 2 other rooms had also be robbed and he said it must have been other holiday makers. i don't believe this for one minute! If you stay there take out a safety deposit box. Who ever was robbing us didn't take all our money they just creamed some off the top!!"

• Travel date: 26th August 2006

Stayed from 5th April to the 31st May.

Reviewed 21st November 2012

"The Kaiser hotel is a great Little family owned and run hotel, if you take the time to speak to people and are friendly this is returned to you in return! The hotel rooms are large and spaces, and the rooms are cleaned daily and the towels are also changed daily. Breakfast is from 6am to 10am and is of continental style, evening meal is from 6.30pm to 9.30pm, the evening meal is of buffet style and is very good. Both breakfast and evening meal are served in the up stairs resturant on floor 5 with views to the sea and medina. The hotel is in a great location for exploring the local area and further a field, think of a travel lodge hotel in the uk and this is about the same, dont forget it is only a 2 star hotel, but with 3 star standards! The pool is very small, but the beach is at the end of the road so why you would wish to spend your time at the pool god only knows, its less than 5minutes walk and the hotel has its own section on the beach for you to use. If you wish to contact me on any further information regarding the area, hotel or just general travel from sousse, just email me! By the way I am returning to Tunisia in October and yes I will be staying at the Kaiser hotel!"

• Travel date: 2nd June 2006

Not so bad

Reviewed 12th November 2012

"In my opinion this hotel is great for low-budget travelling. Rooms are clean and quite big. Beds are a bit hard and oldish, but if I'm on vacation, I'm not planning to stay at room. :) Pool was biggest disappointment. There was something they called pool, but that's a joke. I went to the beach (which is relatively close to the hotel) every day. Hotel lobby is clean, but reception fooled me when I first time traded money. Kaiser Hotel is in great location, not far from centrum of Sousse. There is a great restaurant (Bonaparte) just a few blocks downtown the hotel."

• Travel date: 16th March 2006

I loved this hotel!!!

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"The hotel was great! Of course, if you go to some country for sitting next to pool and don`t go out from hotel, than this hotel is not for you! We went to Tunisia for get something new, to meet people, and get some information about this country. Only thing, that they coould change in this hotel is breakfast! The eggs after 2 weeks made me sick! :) But this could not make my holidays not be good!"

• Travel date: 9th September 2005

Hotels near Kaiser Hotel

Top traveller tips for Kaiser Hotel

• by Jenny J

"get out and explore all the the area has to offer. Transport is cheap - use local louages and buses - loads of fun! Locals are very friendly..."

Kaiser Hotel is also called