About Hotel Sindbad Center

• kitchenette

apaulling!!!

Reviewed Tue 26th of October 2010

"Oct 2010 tired of the english weather my fiance and i decided to escape for some sun. How wrong we were!! The hotel is situated on a main road with only one local shop and a cafe. surrounded by derelict buildings and building sites. we were taken to our room which didnt seem too bad on appearence. there was no TV as stated. the floors were dirty. we sat out on the balcony overlooking the pool. we could not believe our eyes that the pool water was a mirky brown colour and there was a chicken carcouse in the bottom of the pool. This was not removed until 3 days later. To keep our holiday on the cheap we had gone half board. Hungry and tired from our journey we went for dinner. Oh my God!! there was something that resembled spagetti bolognaise which looked like slop. Lasagne and fishes with sunken heads and eyes. We left appaulled at the choice. Other travellers informed us that the food was the same everynight. Breakfast consisted of spam, french bread and coussiants that should of probably been put out for the birds.

We had a letter from med hotels, our rep, we think. stating that we would have a welcome meeting the following day. Not only did no one appear but the notice board for med hotels was removed. We had no idea about the location and ended up finding things out for our self. Apart from a local cafe there was no where local to eat. The hotel boasted of having its own beach. Out of curiosity we decided to go and look. We had to cut through a building site and then entered onto the beach. The bar was a run down hut. Distusting. Would i return. Not even if you paid me. The rooms were cleaned to a vey poor standard."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of October 2010

Basic hotel but good value.

Reviewed Mon 25th of October 2010

"We have just come back from Tunisia and stayed at the Sindbad Hotel in Hammam Sousse. We had a lovely time. The hotel is quite quirky but nice, and clean. The food was basic but the cost of the holiday was low and so this is to be expected. There are plenty of restaurants nearby and within a short taxi ride away (remember to set your fare before you get in). The people at the hotel are very friendly and helpful. The drinks are very reasonably priced, as are the massage and beauty treatments (the 70 dinar package includes a proper hammam, massage, face lift etc (which is under £35)). We recommend the camel ride with the rep that comes to the hotel - 25 dinar (about £11). The pool is nice and there is a beach within a short walk (though you will walk past some building works (which cannot be heard from the hotel at all)). Do not accept "presents" from the people who come up to you on the beach trying to sell things.
Ask for a map of the Sousse area from behind the hotel desk. Port El Kantaoui is a short taxi ride away as is the medina and train station at Sousse. We also caught the train to Tunis from Sousse (about £9 open return in first class), and caught the metro/TGM from there to Sidi Bou Said - well worth a visit. All in all we had a fab time, met some lovely people and would like to go back to Tunisia again. You do get hassled in the souks in Tunis and Sousse but haggle, haggle, haggle and stand your ground. Most people speak some English, and are fluent in French. Have a nice time."

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of October 2010

Quite nice

Reviewed Mon 18th of October 2010

"The food wasn´t very good, especially the breakfast. But the room was clean and nice, the staff helpful and friendly (although not everyone speaks English, but you can manage with French). I really liked the animation, the guys were working really hard and everyday there was some show at the pool. "

• Travel date: Tue 6th of July 2010

Wonderful Staff Good Hol Base

Reviewed Wed 3rd of November 2010

"Stayed here for a fortnight and loved every minute, brilliant staff by pool, entertainment team the best, clean pool, clean rooms, a bit basic and in need of updating but hey ! for the price you just cant go wrong.
Great weather, great people and cant wait to go back again.
Bar staff very attentive and man that helps you find your way about excellent to.
Recommend quad biking and camel rides and trip on pirate ship a must, we were allowed to jump into the ocean !! Wonderful experience and good food to follow !
Love Tunisia and not to long a flight to get lovely lovely weather

• Travel date: Tue 6th of April 2010

LOVELY

Reviewed Mon 5th of October 2009

"A nice hotel/apt close to the local beach.
Clean areas and very nice personel even if we hade to remind to get new towels.. *smile*
Fun activities by the pool every day and my kids loved it... me too.
Recomend a visit to Kantaoui... soooo nice there.
Alot of shopping !"

• Travel date: Sun 4th of October 2009

when i arrived at the hotel i was shocke...

Reviewed Tue 2nd of September 2008

"when i arrived at the hotel i was shocked to see the hotel was on a main road and we had to step out and dodge traffic it was very dangerous not good if you have young children. The hotel was clean but basic the staff were very pleasent and always willing to help. The food was basic and not much choice but you could go up may times as you like. The pool was quite small but the beach is just down the road. The only major problem i had with the hotel was there was music playing morning noon and night it was OUT OF ORDER when you have had a long flight you dont need music playing till 2 in the mornig when all you want to do is get in to bed and sleep. I didnt think that was fair. The rooms were very old fashioned they Need a up date fast. There was another problem his name was eddie murphy im not kidding thats what he called him self he pestered you every minute of every day bugging you to go on an outing and he wouldnt give in the end we tryed to avoid him i only wanted a peaceful hoilday and i didnt get it. ( he was one of the staff he needs to be sacked fast.)"

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of September 2008

Loved the hotel, The staff where both wa...

Reviewed Thu 21st of August 2008

"Loved the hotel, The staff where both warm and friendly and could not have asked for more helpful people.
The pool was always clean and the guy who helps everybody find there bearings and advises them on where to go is fantastic.
However they do have pool parties till around 1 o clock at night which is ok if it is every few nights but it is everynight.
Plus all year round every member of staff i spoke to added that they are always full of nasty polish people who are both loud noisey and rude.
If you like a nice hotel this is the place however if you want to get away from noisey stupid polish people i sugest you find a more expensive hotel which they can not afford.

• Travel date: Thu 21st of August 2008

When booking the holiday Jetline said th...

Reviewed Wed 20th of August 2008

"When booking the holiday Jetline said they had to call back to confirm that the flight had been booked ok. 2 hours later no phone call so I rang them. They then said they would call me back in 5 mins to confirm but 2 hrs later still no call so I called them again & finally got confirmation. They then said they had to call me to confirm that the hotel had been booked ok in the morning but they did not call etc. etc.

Once the booking details came through, the tickets were not sent and also the transfers had not been included. It took call after call and email after email to get the transfers vouchers sent out.

I chased and chased for weeks for our tickets and they kept saying they were on the way. The day before the flight I contacted them again and they fianlly aranged for us to pick up from the airport.

On arrival we were the only one's on the coach that had booked via Jetline Travel and were not given our welcome pack, they promised that we would receive from the hotel. The hotel did not have one. Lucky enough we asked the rep before getting off the coach the time of the welcome meeting otherwise we would not have found out & missed this as the hotel did not know.

We had to spend the first night at the Sinbad Centre Hotel sharing a scruffy apartment with another couple!!

When we had our own room the room was basic but fine for the money. The rest of the holiday at Tunisia was great.

We then found out that we were not included on the Transfers list back to the airport so we had to go through the stress and hassle of getting this sorted as well.

Basically holidays are suppose to relieve stress but booking through Jetline Travel just caused too much stress and hassle!!"

• Travel date: Wed 20th of August 2008

When we 1st arrived I was very disappoin...

Reviewed Wed 26th of September 2007

"When we 1st arrived I was very disappointed the front of the hotel on the main road looks very uninviting, once through to the main courtyard / pool area it’s not so bad.

The breakfast here is terrible, however the evening meals are not too bad, there is plenty of choice so you will probably get something you like.

The rooms are OK but a little tired, the floor tiles have lots of cracks & the whole place could do with a really good scrub & lick of paint, but I suppose you do get what you pay for.

The pool area isn't bad at all, not quite as large as it looks on photos though & even though the beach is a little further than advertised, it’s only just over 5 mins walk away."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of September 2007

We have just this week returned from a f...

Reviewed Wed 25th of July 2007

"We have just this week returned from a fantastic holiday in Tunisia staying with the Sindbad Centre Aparthotel in Sousse. The hotel itself was brilliant for a 3 star basic hotel. I

t's in a great location, it costs about £1 in a taxi to get to Port El Kantaoui or Sousse (just be sure to agree the price with the driver before you get in) and it's a very short walk to the beach across the road. The beach is lovely with a cute beach bar/snack bar and plenty of loungers etc. It was a little busy on some days that we were there but there was still plenty of room to set yourself down. The hotel staff were lovely and friendly and we got on very well with them. They all speak great English and enjoyed having a friendly chat or joke with us. The pool and pool area is great and kept very clean. You can hire sun loungers all day for 1 dinar (about 40p) and there are plenty of parasols etc for shade when the sun is just that bit too hot.

The room we stayed in was a good size and very clean, with a very welcome fridge and air conditioning. Clean towels every day and maid service changing the beds/cleaning the bathroom etc daily. The food was delicious and, as anybody who has ever visited Tunisia before, typical of what you would find in a Tunisian hotel. Breakfast was usually boiled eggs, french bread, fruit, salad, Tunisian style beans/tomatoes, a selection of pastries/croissants. I was disappointed to read negative reviews regarding the breakfast from people suggesting there wasn't enough or that they didn't get what they wanted. It is exactly the same as any other hotel in Tunisia (I've stayed in a 5 star one before and it was the same!) and I don't know why people seem to expect that they should provide a typically English breakfast of bacon and sausages! The evening meal again was delicious and plentiful. There is probably a bit less choice than you'd get in a larger hotel but every evening there was still plenty of tasty food to fill you up.

Tunisia itself is a lovely country to visit and the locals are all very friendly. Some can be a little pushy when trying to haggle you or get you to look in their shops but they're never unfriendly about it and always remain polite. A polite but firm "no thank you" does the trick. There's definitely no need to feel intimidated by any of them. There are also a few set-price shops in Port El Kantaoui where there's no need to haggle and you can browse at your leisure.

I'd also strongly recommend that you try the Sahara Safari. It's a wonderful 2 day excursion where you see about 60% of Tunisia and get to ride a camel on the Sahara desert. It's a tiring trip but there are plenty of stops and you visit a number of places of interest. For about £55 you get 4 meals, a stay in a hotel, entrance to the Roman amphitheatre, a ride on the camel, along with the coach journey with a very knowledgeable tour guide looking after you the whole time. It really is a fantastic experience for a great price! Enjoy!!"

• Travel date: Wed 25th of July 2007

There are now no televisions in the room...

Reviewed Sat 7th of October 2006

"There are now no televisions in the rooms they have to be hired.

The food is ok if you like stale bread and over boiled eggs for breakfast. The evening meals on offer weren’t that much better. The hotel is clean and tidy. The guy hired to do the entertainment left the hotel while I was there and what I did see wasn’t that good anyway.

There are stairs up to the pool and bar area which are a bit of a nightmare. And yes. The Spanish children are a pain, I had them dancing above me till 4am. Local people do use the hotel but I never felt at risk in fact they were a laugh.

Yes by all means stay at this hotel but go out and buy your own meals it’s cheap to eat out. The traffic from the main road is a pain but you get used to it. There are lots of taxis going up and down the road at all times, please what ever you do...agree a price and make sure you have change for the cab fare(unlike me who paid 50 Dinar, about 25pounds to go ten minutes up the road)you can get change from the hotel.

The beach isn’t far away but it’s over the main road and no one stops for you on the crossing.

• Travel date: Sat 7th of October 2006

Enjoyable stay

Reviewed Sat 20th of October 2012

"Having read other reviews, I feel that I have to write praising the staff of this hotel for their helpfulness and great attention to their guests. I travelled with my 2 teenage daughters and their friend, so we were an all female group. We quickly found that although out and about, we did come across a certain amount of hassle from young tunisian males, we felt very safe and not at all hassled by the hotel staff; in fact they were quite protective (my daughter was 'watched' to the pizza shop down the road).
The food I found to be good, although my daughters would probably not agree as chips were definitely not on the menu every night. There was a good choice, always a veggie option with the evening meal and the waiters were very attentive. The guests' restaurant was pleasant enough and overlooked the pool area. Breakfast was continental.
The pool area was pleasant. It's not massive, but extremely clean with plenty of loungers (1 dinar to hire for a day) and enough room to bathe without being squashed or bumped by other bathers. I've been to larger pools and have found them far busier. The hotel has its own bar at the beach where, again, staff are friendly and helpful.
We had 2 rooms on the top floor overlooking the pool which were clean and with an ensuite. The air conditioning worked and we didn't spend much time in them so didn't need much space. Maid service was daily.
In the evening, the bar was open and the pool area available with tables, chairs etc. There was some entertainment organised; karaoke, fakir show and fire eating and comedy(?!) games, but it was quite pleasant to just sit and relax over a drink. The drinks were cheap (bottle of lager 2.2dinars - £1; soft drinks 1.2 dinars-50p)
The only thing I would fault the hotel on is the incessant loud music from about 11am until about midnight, with breaks only for when the pool closed (6ish) until 7.30ish. On this stay, it didn't bother me too much and the girls enjoyed it, but if I had been travelling with my husband, it would have definitely bothered him. Inside our room, with the patio door closed, the music was not a nuisance.
Overall, we had a most enjoyable stay and would return again. We paid about £86 per adult for half board for a week and I found this extremely good value for money."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of August 2006

Hotels near Hotel Sindbad Center

Top traveller tips for Hotel Sindbad Center

• LenaSweden by LenaSweden

"CAMELRIDE IN DESERT, SHOPPING, BEACH, KANATOUI "

• Andi by Andi

"Absolutly fantastic !!!!! "

• Karen and Pete by Karen and Pete

"Basic but a good value "

Hotel Sindbad Center is also called